PDA

View Full Version : recycling bug?

VictorKruger
09-08-03, 00:46
I have been trying to level up my Apu on pluto for a very long time. I've decided to take up recycling. I find a piece of ammo that i want to clone that is exactly my recycling level and i have a recycling tool that goes way above the TL requirements.

what the problem is that i never level up anymore. im at level 10 dex i have 35 in recycling and it will never let me level to 12. i get 3 points to the level and then it kicks me down 200 points.

does anyone have any suggestions on how or what i should do or is this some sort of recycling bug?

Trip
09-08-03, 00:48
try finding a different way to gain dex. e.g. a gun. This sometimes happens if you use the same way to lvl again and again and again (e.g. researching)

MortuusLupus
09-08-03, 01:17
It's probably showing you have that much XP when you really don't. Go shoot or punch something, or some other task which would give you Dex XP, you'll see it drop to where it should be. The problem is that recycling/cloning displays you getting several hundred, sometimes thousands, of XP in dex when you're really only getting something closer to 100 or so. Probably the decimal place is in the wrong spot in the code, I dunno.

On the test server you actually COULD get thousands of XP for cloning, I leveled from 3 to 50-something by making fusion cells. Probably the bug comes from that.

VictorKruger
09-08-03, 01:46
come to think of it. that does sound like a decimal placing error when displaying the exp points but the actual math in calculating the exp is (hopefully) correct.

Cass
09-08-03, 08:50
I had this exact same problem on my researcher a couple days ago. I was researching a stack of C10's and i noticed my XP just kept flopping back and forth between two numbers, just short of levelling INT.

What i was told to do, after sending a help request, is to go buy something that would give me some INT XP. I did, and it worked.

Now, I know that doesnt necessarily help you, but try something other than cloning. Go buy a few chems and recycle something, I bet you'll get enough XP to get you past the stuck game mechanics.

Worth a shot anyways.

Arcadius
09-08-03, 09:06
I think taking off an imp would do it

MortuusLupus
09-08-03, 09:59
You might try punching something, or stabbing it with a little knife. That'll get you 1 or 2 dex, and should pop your points back to where they are.