PDA

View Full Version : ...Apartments, DoY, again....

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 20:21
I would like to know how KK are going to handle (if they're even going to bother?) the apartments in the city which are owned by anti-city members.
Since it is impossible to get 10 cabs for the same price as a plaza 3, I'd like to know what we're meant to do with our apts contents during the change over period to DoY.

I need to buy a plaza 3 for new incoming items that I'm picking up and I still don't know whether I should or not because chances are I wont be able to access it after DoY is implemented, with no middle terf in which to transport (for the same value per apt) items before DoY comes in.

Can we please be let known what's going to happen because at the moment it's almost pointless to do anything....

VictorKruger
08-08-03, 20:24
I agree with you, i have been thinking of buying an apartment in the plaza for awhile but have waited until an official word is announced about the handling of anti-city apartment within the city. I feel that this is hindering my gameplay since i don't want to get screwed over when the expansion comes out.

ReefSmoker
08-08-03, 20:38
My inventory comprises of TH level 2 appts that will have to suffice until we get suitable storage. There's no way I was willing to keep city appts with the knowledge that they might be inaccessible to us.

It's a bitch to sort through a dozen keys all the time, it was much easier when I only had 4 city appts !

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Beefheart
08-08-03, 20:43
Solution: buy a crapload of cheap, sleazy outzone apts. Outzone = home of crahn, crahn = TG & FA allies, hence Outzone will still be accessable to city hostile DoY friendly factions

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 20:47
Crahn and FA are enemies [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]
BD and FA are enemies too.

The point is no one knows wtf is going to happen with the apts which is showing bad organisation and a few people are stuck in the situation I am as well, so we'd really appreciate an answer of some kind...

Progenitor
08-08-03, 20:50
I still don't see how a GR system run by NeXT (a city faction) is going to connect to whatever system DoY is using. The storyline there is going to be interesting - unless they just stole the technology.

Currently, I have 6 OZ sleezy apts @ 4 cabs apiece + 1 DRE epic reward storage @15cabs - as long as I can GR in and out of my primary apartment there I hopefully will be okay. I'd hate to have to move all of that stuff!

But I started out there, so it was more convinent.

-p

And yes, each apartment has a different use, implants, rares, drugs, cloning junk construction items, BPs spare sets of spells and armor

Syntax-Error
08-08-03, 21:00
You gota remember Neocron and DoY used to allies, so they prolly shared the Technoligy(sp?) and then it all did come from info from the Ceres disks. which DoY held for a while. so perhaps from there. Who knows.

Beefheart
08-08-03, 21:12
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ], the point I am making is that Outzone, being the home of one angle of the TG-FA-Crahn triangle has not now, nor will it ever have copbots/stormbots in it. They can't have them unless they uprooted the whole crahn faction and moved their pepper park 3 church, and OZ9 abbey along with all the starter apts to the wastelands, otherwise anyone choosing crahn would be shot onsight buy the cop/stormbots you think will be appearing.
No, there is no official word from Reakktor, but just as I don't need anyone to tell me how to wipe my ass, I can pretty much figure out how the future will unfold without reakktor having to hold my hand over apt issues.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Tregard
08-08-03, 21:20
I believe it was also said that Pepper Park will be left without Copbots in the future, except in PP1 at the Plaza entrance.

massic
08-08-03, 21:21
Solution: buy a crapload of cheap, sleazy outzone apts. Outzone = home of crahn, crahn = TG & FA allies, hence Outzone will still be accessable to city hostile DoY friendly factions

Where do you buy Outzone Apt's?

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 21:25
i think noone even KK knows how the situationm will be handled which is why there has been no official response to this.

Progenitor
08-08-03, 21:26
Originally posted by massic
Where do you buy Outzone Apt's?

Black Diamond HQ

There might be one other place to buy them - but I'm not sure

-p

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 21:28

Originally posted by Beefheart
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ], the point I am making is that Outzone, being the home of one angle of the TG-FA-Crahn triangle has not now, nor will it ever have copbots/stormbots in it.

OZ May not have stormies in it, but, OZ Station has Stormies on one side of it, and there are copbots outside PP1 Subway exit, There are stormies close to PP2 Subway exit.

Regardless of that, you can use OZ to get out.
Kay, so you get out through OZ taking a really long and annoying route and then realise you have to carry your shit all the way to the opposite end of the map o_O

Since you can't set these apts as primary (if you're FA), you're fucked for getting back in.
Stormies WILL be shooting Crahn/BD/TS/TG and if FA go hostile, FA as well.

MORE than that, Crahn / BD / TS Apts do Not have the storage space equal to plaza 3, NOR should we have to buy another set of apts just to incorperate one of KKs changes that was made almost a YEAR after I bought my first Plaza 3, why the hell should I spend another .... 3mil? on apts, just to move my shit out because they haven't given an answer and have not included level 2 or 3 apts for TG, or MB, or given level 3 apts to TH.

They can't have them unless they uprooted the whole crahn faction and moved their pepper park 3 church, and OZ9 abbey along with all the starter apts to the wastelands, otherwise anyone choosing crahn would be shot onsight buy the cop/stormbots you think will be appearing.
To bad, you haven't been keeping up obviously, Crahn will be KoS to stormies.

No, there is no official word from Reakktor, but just as I don't need anyone to tell me how to wipe my ass, I can pretty much figure out how the future will unfold without reakktor having to hold my hand over apt issues.
Untrue.
You know shit especially since KK have said reds = deads.

Duder
08-08-03, 21:28
Originally posted by Progenitor
Black Diamond HQ

There might be one other place to buy them - but I'm not sure

-p

Uh you buy them in Black Dragon HQ.....o_O

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 21:29
Originally posted by Duder

Which is also hostile to TG/FA -_-

Beefheart
08-08-03, 21:30
Only place is at the desk in Black D offices. There are 2 classes and even without a barterer they aren't more then 115k per. Best bet is to get a high barterer, of a black d friendly faction go in and buy you a bunch

Progenitor
08-08-03, 21:34
Originally posted by Duder

DOH! I was close. I knew it was BD, just typed faster than my brain thought.

I'd looked good though when I read it.

-p

Lord Cypher
08-08-03, 21:40
Originally posted by Progenitor
I still don't see how a GR system run by NeXT (a city faction) is going to connect to whatever system DoY is using. The storyline there is going to be interesting - unless they just stole the technology.

Currently, I have 6 OZ sleezy apts @ 4 cabs apiece + 1 DRE epic reward storage @15cabs - as long as I can GR in and out of my primary apartment there I hopefully will be okay. I'd hate to have to move all of that stuff!

But I started out there, so it was more convinent.

-p

And yes, each apartment has a different use, implants, rares, drugs, cloning junk construction items, BPs spare sets of spells and armor

For the same reason that NeXT is a TG enemy, and yet Genereps are in TG.

Beefheart
08-08-03, 21:46
Ok, so we agree to disagree then. You originally said that you were wondering what to do with your apt contents "during the change over period to DoY" and a viable solution as I stated is to buy a crapload of apts in OZ to keep it till you can move stuff to your new swanky DoY pad. As for the apartments being far from gogoardians thats simply not true. I have an outzone apt and it obviously had a gogu in it, and theres also one at ground floor too and in addition to that, there is mutant pool,the area outside mutant pool, the hurler spawn/storage8 area, the industrial area next to crahn abbey and crahn abbey itself.

My point is to plan ahead. The reason I'm saying it is because I've obviously done so. I've emptied all my inner city apts and moved the contents to where they will be easily accessable in OZ apts.

I'm sorry if you disagree, we have both been playing the game almost as long as each other, but I don't think we should always look for some official word or guidance. Roll with the punches and adapt to the situation. Cause if there is something unexpected they'll probably tell you that you should have had the foresight to think ahead. In a worst case scenario, simply make a new account using the 10day free trial and use that character to help mule your stuff.

otherwise............
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/leet1.jpe

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 21:53
Originally posted by Beefheart
Ok, so we agree to disagree then. You originally said that you were wondering what to do with your apt contents "during the change over period to DoY" and a viable solution as I stated is to buy a crapload of apts in OZ to keep it till you can move stuff to your new swanky DoY pad.
With what cash, coming from where? Why should I have to pay it for simply being in a faction when other people don't for being in another?

As for the apartments being far from gogoardians thats simply not true. I have an outzone apt and it obviously had a gogu in it, and theres also one at ground floor too.
You're going to try to move your apts through your gogu...
You have GOT to be joking me right? You've never tried to move a plaza 3 or a DRE apt I take it?
It just ain't happenin.

My point is to plan ahead. The reason I'm saying it is because I've obviously done so. I've emptied all my inner city apts and moved the contents to where they will be easily accessable in OZ apts.
Oh, you have? through your gogu? O_O
Surely you realise activating the apt central to your new apts as a primary is far easier and then genreping to plaza and grabbing your stuff, then going back to your new primary etc.

Point is, why the hell should we be forced to spend the money when we have done nothing wrong?

I'm sorry if you disagree, we have both been playing the game almost as long as each other, but I don't think we should always look for some official word or guidance. Roll with the punches and adapt to the situation. Cause if there is something unexpected they'll probably tell you that you should have had the foresight to think ahead. In a worst case scenario, simply make a new account using the 10day free trial and use that character to help mule your stuff.

While I'm Fallen Angels I can't move into a crahn apt or a bd apt.
What's more, is IF FA stay neutral, and I've moved all this inventory why the hell have I just spent 2 mil in cash (that I don't have) to move inventory? o_O

Hense, my question.

So you tell me not to look for official word? I'm sorry but I very rarely do this.
However this is one issue that deserves total clarity.

Beefheart
08-08-03, 22:08
You are playing (or at least registered to the forums in december)and you havn't any money ? you are broke? even the crappiest of outzone apts has 4 cabs.

I have a Via 3rd level in Takeda, a via 2nd level, a via 1st level , 4 pepper park small apts, a plaza 3rd level, plaza 2nd level, military base, TG canyon and a crapload of OZ apts so yes I know what it's like to move all my stuff. Does it take time? sure. Is it worth it to err on the side of safety? yes.

Sorry, it just seems like you want reakktor to hand things to you on a silver platter. It's an mmorpg, it's suppposed to have some semblance of RL to it. They've given us the info to make informed choices and decisions, that is the nature of free will. Instead I think you are relying on them to handhold too much. If you can spend an evening playing grab-ass in Pepper Park you can easily spend some time sorting your apts and future accomodations. Sorry if it may take you away from "pwnzerizing" for a few hours, but you should perform some due dilligence for yourself and your characters.

[btw: yes, i do move the items via gogu and not activate the genreps. I do it for a few reasons. I see no reason to keep pissing money away to GR someplace that I can easily get to via provided transportation, I don't wanna keep building my synaptic and if this were RL, I'd just hop on the subway with a backpack, ride the 4 (count em, 4 ) stops to OZ to move my stuff. Regarding your GR arguement about OZ station GR, there is a GR in outzone streetwork, mutant pool and crahn abbey. thats 3 that are available and of use AFTER DoY is implemented]

Oh, and see pic above.........again. ;)

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 22:15
Via3, Plaza3, Plaza3, TH2, TH1, Plaza 1.

All completely full.
My researcher holding very close to 128 (stacks)items in his inv and having a plaza 1 full, my tank having a via1 full, and some in his inv, a gogu full.
My Monk even has some and he hasn't even got to ***Mob PvM yet ffs.

PvM is not something I do a lot, hense I don't often have a lot of money.

Unlike yourself, I expect, I have a lot of people demand my time when I log on, people who have problems with clan members, clan members who are having problems with others, friends, PvP (Be it op wars or duels - the latter more commonly, recently).

I don't get TIME to go PvM.

Hense, why I never have money. (Helping out noobs / gring about to kill pkers / drugs for pvp / weaponry/equipment(I've recently been overhauling and I've never had much money due to the amount I tweak my setup).

Sorry but being on the top gives me very little chance to do something so mundane as go out and earn myself some cash.

edit; btw, you aren't "Pwnz0ring" anything, maybe in your delusional little mind you have a valid point somewhere, however when you look at things from another point of view, it falls apart.
I'm sorry if you're not the class of your server, however, I am normally far too busy with people who want/need my attention.

*shrugs* sometimes I wish I was a nobody like you but hey, there's people who got it and people who don't.

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 22:16
beefheart sorry but it is not his responsibility to pay for apartments he already has becasue KK decides to change them. It is the responsibility of KK to make the transition easier. i.e. all apartments previously owned by ca enemies that are in nc should be transfered to their corrosponding doy apartment. This is KK's responsibility. If a customer does not read the forum they will never know and therefore many customers may never ever be able to access their apartments again after said doy. Therefore KK has the responsibility to create a situation that makes it easier for this transition to happen. Hence, we have no official word. Because there is no official response, because they have no clue how to handle it yet.

Progenitor
08-08-03, 22:18
You have to admit that QD has a point.

As a resident of the OZ - and owner of a lot of realestate out there, I am wondering the same thing.

As long As I can GR into my primary apartment there, I should be okay.

Not having a primary apartment there though, mean having to run the risk of coming in one of the various doors into NC. I can see once DoY comes out that CA stations guards at these entrances. Leaving only the "secret" entrances like the abby basement

GRing into one of the 3 GR's (highroad, crahn abby, mutants watch?) in the OZ, the one in IZ or OZ-Station, which has two stormbots in sight of it. Of which, highroad (OZ2) and OZ-station are the closest - 1 zone away. Of which OZ2 is the only one not known to have stormbots in plain sight.

If a clan can control access to the GR at it's OPs, what makes you think that the city can't change it's GRs to only friendlies? It is a possiblity.

This is also assuming that they aren't going to change the location of starting non-city apartments and move them to DoY, leaving all of those other apratments where they are and inaccessable unless you go through the front door.

We don't know if storm-bots will patrol the OZ, searching for DoY spies, making it difficult to get to those apts.

We don't know what is going to happen.

Granted, the roughly 67k-ish per 4 cab apt isn't that great of an outlay of money (heck, I think it is the best bargin out there 3 apts @ 67k = 201k and 12 cabs - verses 300k+ and 10 cabs for those other level 3 apts.)

But not knowing how the lay of the land is going to be, spending that kind of money is premature.

-p

Beefheart
08-08-03, 22:28
Sorry to hear it so lonely "at the top" being the "class of your server" and all that, but if you are broke it's your own fault.

The sun will still rise, the world will still revolve and the clan will keep plugging along little QD. The world, though a better place cause you are here, will move on regardless if you take an evening to hit the chaos caves and emerge 1 million cr richer.

[edited by me, cause this wasn't a thread that started out nasty. I didn't appreciate being called a dolt at what is a viable solution to the posters question and I don't like the path the thread took. It's a good thread with lots of diverse and interesting insights in it and it doesn't need to be closed]

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 22:30
beefheart you still havent adressed the issue of players that dont visit the forums

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 22:33
You forget I'm on one of the worlds top computing degree courses? =P

Nidhogg
08-08-03, 22:34
QD and Beefheart, take it to PMs.

N

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 22:36
nid a bit OT but grats on your promotion BTW =-)

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 22:36
Since he went entirely personal on the last post... I think he's done.

My points still stand, however, I appreciate that you can't answer them Nid, however, would it be possible for you to prod someone for us?

Beefheart
08-08-03, 22:40
Well, the forum here isn't the game, it's an aside. Neocron is probably one of the only games out there with an e-mail system and it's own in-game forum. When I login first every day I check my clans pvt forum, faction forum, general forum and when my mail icon pops up I read it. Just as we all get the usual 4 mails when we create a new character reakktor can also send e-mails, at particular intervals to all characters to tell/remind them of the approaching changes (ie: 3 months till DoY, 2 months, 1 month, Final weeks).

This thread started off asking what to do, I'm erring on the side of safety by moving my stuff now. It's very possible (and probable) that Reakktor may even have a grace period of a week to a month, where you have all that time to react and adapt to the situation, you won't be shot by copbots or stormies, but you'll have a timeperiod where you are immune. If you don't get your stuff out and moved then the honus is on you. An exemption would naturally be made for people returning to the game who weren't here for the changeover but the in-game system is perfectly adequate to alert all runner one way or another of the changes being made.

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 22:44
thank you finally for a sensible response. I was hoping you would adress that situation. Since it has to be covered from all aspects so to help KK see the issues. Sometimes when you look at a problem you tend to see one perspective. So you isolate it and try to fijnd all the bad reasons. the problem with this is when someone thinks up an idea. They do it because it is good. Therefor most of the negative ideas dont come to mind. this is why most debates people will never change their minds. Because one side thinks its good for this reason and the other side thinks its not good for that reason. Neither side can see it from the others perspective. Thats why these forums are useful for us to debate out these points. Therefor allowing KK a window into all the positives and negatives from all sides. Allowing them to isolate the key areas that need to be looked at.

I was hoping you would respond in this manner. Again i thank you

Nidhogg
08-08-03, 22:45
I can offer my own personal opinion FWIW which is this. The world of Neocron is politically unstable to say the least, much like our own. Also, as in our world, if you own property in an area that is soon to become a war zone you would be wise to pack up your belongings and leave and it's no one's responsibility but your own to arrange it. The storyline is coming to a head and KK have clearly indicated what's going to happen. My advice? Sell up and move.

I will talk to Callash and bring this thread to his attention though.

N

/edit - typos o_O

Progenitor
08-08-03, 22:48
Originally posted by Nidhogg
I can offer my own personal opinion fwiw which is this. The world of Neocron is political unstable to say the least, much like our own. Also, as in our world, if you own property in an area that is soon to become a war zone you would be wise to pack up your belongings and leave and it's no one's responsibility but your own to arrange it. The storyline is coming to a head and KK have clearly indicated what's going to happen. My advice? Sell up and move.

N

Open up DoY and I'd gladdly move all my stuff over :)

Anyone want to by 6 apts and a DRE epic in the OZ?

-p

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 22:48
Originally posted by Nidhogg
I can offer my own personal opinion fwiw which is this. The world of Neocron is political unstable to say the least, much like our own. Also, as in our world, if you own property in an area that is soon to become a war zone you would be wise to pack up your belongings and leave and it's no one's responsibility but your own to arrange it. The storyline is coming to a head and KK have clearly indicated what's going to happen. My advice? Sell up and move.

N

i hope i am on the side of nids hammer, that is on the right side when the war begins!

puhhhlease god
Anyways thanks for the response nid

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 22:57
ungh..........beefheart, your inbox is fullup heh...

Beefheart
08-08-03, 23:02
try now

Callash
08-08-03, 23:12
Nidhogg: Move your lazy butt to that DoY Appartments thread!
Callash: But I...
Nidhogg: NOW!!! Before I kick it there!
Callash: *whimper* ok... :(

:D Just joshin' :lol:

The appartment question is one of those questions that still needs to be decided (along with HQ questions etc.). If it is technically possible to just "move" an app (or at least its content), then I think that it will be done. That what I *think* though, so no official statement. Sorry, wish I could give you more info... 8|

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 23:21
No probs Callash, I kinda thought that was gonna be the answer...

Beefheart
08-08-03, 23:29
"If it is technically possible to just "move" an app (or at least its content), then I think that it will be done"

See, I don't know if i'd go for the whole moving-the-apt-thing.

Unless they change the stormies/copbots/faction guards to shoot first and ask questions later you'll always have that short time where they repeatedly warn you to leave the area, in that ammount of time you can easily run past them. Though I did empty all my city apts, I didn't sell them. I'm holding them cause I figure that using guile and cover, I can access some areas of the city and if I get into a jam, I can still use the apt to GR out from.

Vampire222
08-08-03, 23:35
at least give us time to move stuff before cops shoot our as

nonamebrandeggs
08-08-03, 23:43
Originally posted by Callash
Nidhogg: Move your lazy butt to that DoY Appartments thread!
Callash: But I...
Nidhogg: NOW!!! Before I kick it there!
Callash: *whimper* ok... :(

:D Just joshin' :lol:

The appartment question is one of those questions that still needs to be decided (along with HQ questions etc.). If it is technically possible to just "move" an app (or at least its content), then I think that it will be done. That what I *think* though, so no official statement. Sorry, wish I could give you more info... 8|

Whoa, so we could have like Plaza lvl 3 appts in TG? Uber!

Lucjan
08-08-03, 23:47
I dont think it is necessary for KK to move our appartments or their content.

But giving us some proper appartments in locations like TH, MB, TG and OZ is really necessary. When you organized your stuff in 10 cabs each app, it is really almost griefing to have them move to some 4 cabs appartment temporary.

I do agree, that NC is a unstable world and I dont have a problem with it. I would start to move the a neutral location, but resolving the storage problem would help a lot.

I mean, why do most TGs have appartment in the city on the enemy's territory? Because there are no proper appartments in the canyon. Make a level 2 and maybe level 3 appartment in locations where all you can get are 3 or 4 cabs appartments and things would be nice.

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 23:49
If there was a TH3, it would be my primary...

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 23:52
callash you have done very impressive work in the short time you have been here. you are also very responsive to any questions people have for you.

Awesome job.

KK needs more people like you(and nid *ducks from hammer*)

mr murb
09-08-03, 02:55
Patch changes have made apartments inaccessible before. And KK didn’t do anything to help.
The ever popular patch 160. That is the patch when they changed the TG guards so they would shoot faction enemies. If you have an apartment at TG you could only get there by GR (if it was your starting apartment) if you were not strong enough to avoid the TG guard. Did KK warn us about that change ahead of times? No they just added the change to the patch.

I don't thing they moved any apartments then.

Did deep in memory and pulls the following thread out.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31719

Carinth
09-08-03, 06:40
I have 11 level 3 apts between via and plaza. Of those prolly 50 some cabs are full. The prospect of moving every single item is very depressing. Especialy since I will hafta deal with dragging individual items in and out of cabs, no group selecting. I'm a monk so transport isn't exactly very high, the amount of trips I'll hafta do is phenominal. I'm very tempted to just say fuck it and stay in nc despite copbots attackin us. It'd be less work to dodge copbots then to hafta move all that crap.

Marx
09-08-03, 06:50
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Crahn and FA are enemies [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]
BD and FA are enemies too.

The point is no one knows wtf is going to happen with the apts which is showing bad organisation and a few people are stuck in the situation I am as well, so we'd really appreciate an answer of some kind...

ONOS!

Lupus Wonderboy was on his way to peacetalks with the Crahn when he was kidnapped.

And seeing the current relations between TG and BD - it would make no sense... you know where I'm going.

QuantumDelta
09-08-03, 06:51
Yes... I was thinking about a little RP thing to help that Crahn + FA Peace process....of course it's uranus only but hey...heh

nonamebrandeggs
09-08-03, 07:18
Crahn and FA will never be allied on myanus.

QuantumDelta
09-08-03, 07:19
too many piles? :P

nonamebrandeggs
09-08-03, 07:21
No too many Spaceships circling myanus looknig for Kilingons. (Baaaad joke)

Arcadius
09-08-03, 07:21
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
too many piles? :P

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Beanie McChimp
09-08-03, 13:01
Im crahn sector i started as city admin and i hve a plaza 3 app when DoY comes out (IF it does) cant i just gen rep to my app take all the stuff out then gen rep to DoY with all my stuff and put all the stuff in the app in DoY i would have bought using the app genrep with out stepping a foot outside the appartment?

Dribble Joy
09-08-03, 18:50

Ugh.
There is a problem with the red= dead rules that will be inplemented.
I agree with Beef that you should have to manually move your stuff, this is an RPG and simply 'moving' an apt is unrealistic.
Yes it takes time, but how long have we all spent sitting around lomming?
If you have vast amounts of stuff, surely you could sell a few parts for some GR money?
That said, a forewarning by KK for this is essential. In game mail to all NC enemy runners would/should do it, 2 weeks notice? plenty of time.
If you don't do it in time you have only yourself to blame.

Larger outside of NC apts are needed badly, I'm amazed there wasn't any to start with.

Progenitor
09-08-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Ugh.
There is a problem with the red= dead rules that will be inplemented.
I agree with Beef that you should have to manually move your stuff, this is an RPG and simply 'moving' an apt is unrealistic.
Yes it takes time, but how long have we all spent sitting around lomming?
If you have vast amounts of stuff, surely you could sell a few parts for some GR money?
That said, a forewarning by KK for this is essential. In game mail to all NC enemy runners would/should do it, 2 weeks notice? plenty of time.
If you don't do it in time you have only yourself to blame.

Larger outside of NC apts are needed badly, I'm amazed there wasn't any to start with.

The problem - even with notification - is where do I move to?

If DoY isn't open - but in two weeks when it does open, I will be KOS inside the city - I am screwed.

It would mean that I would have to buy a bunch of apts in TG or someplace to stage my move into DoY. It isn't a money issue - it is a moving issue. I'd need 10 tanks with empty gogo's to move everything. With many, many trips.

That isn't exactly fun.

I don't want to have to move that stuff twice.

I don't want to buy another set of apts that I am never going to use.

It is a chicken/egg situation.

I don't want move at all. But if I have to I want to move into DoY. But I can't do that until Doy is open.

-p

Dribble Joy
09-08-03, 19:36
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

This is one thing that KK needs to address at some point.

Beanie McChimp
10-08-03, 00:19
Just use your current incity app as a relay point.What you do is if you are anti-city faction gr from your app to DoY(when it comes out) or gr to to tg canyon or mb and buy an app there then gr to your current incity app(its not like there will copbots in your app)
then take most of the stuff you can carry then gr to you're newly bought app and put youre stuff in there voila its sorted

Riothamus
10-08-03, 08:46
My two cents being a runner with a starter apt and empty cabinets...

If I was in your shoes with overloaded apts in jeopardy i would to see two things happen when DoY comes out.

1. For a period of two weeks or whatever seems appropriate there is no storage limit on the gogo. load up and unload in your new place.

2. obviously I'd like to see better apt. options in MB, TG, and TH as well as what comes with DoY.

brainstorming suggestion:
How do you get to your apt when you are KoS?

hard way: well sneak and dodge your way in. The reward being the ability to maybe resell the apt to some black market and get some of your investment back.

easy way: NCPD eviction: hand your key over to some sort of Marshall NPC that escorts you to your apt, you load up your gogo, and then they escort you to the city gate and confiscate your apartment for the city.