PDA

View Full Version : Psi Core CPU & New APU-PPU Changes

ZoneVortex
08-08-03, 19:32
This also pertains to the Dimension Splitter psi chip....

Ok, so, recently something was done to 'fix' hybrids. That was to make APU give a minus to PPU damage and vice-versa. Well........these two chips mentioned ive APU and PPU.

So, it might not be a problem for the bulk of people, who either use the psi PA to cancel out and APU they might have or they might be using either an APU attack chip or PPU defense chip to cancel out the opposite bonus. However, that only is true for a certain percentage of monks.

Other monks, especially non-capped ones and ones who haven't played a monk much, don't use the APU attack or defensive chips because they'd rather have a +psi bonus to speed up the process of being able to use new spells. Also, not all monks can or want to use the psi power armor.

This leaves monks in the paragraph above being forced to lose damage percent on whatever they're main skill is, let's say PPU, because the Psi Core they have in their head is also giving an APU bonus.

Now I don't really know what the solution would be, besides to completely break down the monk's class into that when you make a character it's either APU or PPU and can't even have point added to the opposite side.

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 19:41
ehh did you edit that in or am i seeing things again?

anyway.... KK said use the attack / defence or PA :/

ZoneVortex
08-08-03, 19:44
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Use Attack or Defence CPUs to remove the positive...
err or PA of course

Yeah but as I mentioned up there, only a rough % of monks want to use those chips. And they shouldn't be forced to. Plus a lotta monks don't like the PA.

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 19:48
Heh, yea, didn't see that paragraph, KK generally said to use it so I'm not really sure, I agree they shouldn't be forced too but I don't really know what you can do about it....

I can understand how annoying it is, because I have +8 R-C on my Pistol PE, generally I wouldn't want that digging into my damage heh...

Spy<VS>Spy
08-08-03, 19:52
a classic case of, we'll change the way this class works but leave the neocron world that made since for the old way of doing things as a class make sence...

its kinda funny, KK wavies these items out of your psi level reach, and the chips to use them that used to help you lots now hinders you. heh...almost funny.

Progenitor
08-08-03, 20:15
Well, if this equation is true:

PSI damage = .65APU + .35 PPW - .3 PPU

Then, that means the PSI Core adds .65(5) + .35(5) - .3(5) = +6.5 damage to an apu spell

The net result of adding the core is positive.

The more unfair issue is casting PSI Combat Booster 3 on someone to gimp their PSI ppu spells.

-p

ZoneVortex
08-08-03, 21:30
Originally posted by Progenitor

The more unfair issue is casting PSI Combat Booster 3 on someone to gimp their PSI ppu spells.

-p

Ah yes that's an uncool move as well.

Mankind
08-08-03, 21:38
Look....

If you can wear the Psi Core or Dimension Splitter, you can wear the new monk armor. SO what if people don't wanna wear it. If they don't then they will have to live with the 30% reduction. But there' is nothing bad that comes out of wearing that armor, so I don't see people crying because they have +fire resist or +PSI POWER. Also you said that most monks want to be able to use new spells sooner by boosting their PSI POWER. Monk Armor adds PSI POWER, so it's all good.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have 2 different Psi Cores, heck I'm an APU monk and would love for a +10 APU instead of +5 APU and +5 PPU, but it's not necessary to have two.

SigmaDraconis
08-08-03, 22:43
so basically KK is all but forcing you to use 1 of a few pre defined setups

japata
08-08-03, 23:22
Holy light bulb, Batman. Are you joking? If not, what's that white paint around your lips? Of course every self respecting monk uses atleast apu/ppu 3 chip... especially if leveling. It tends to raise rank quite a bit.

I don't really understand why you wouldn't want to use those chips OR wear the PA...

Arcadius
08-08-03, 23:43
Originally posted by japata
Holy light bulb, Batman. Are you joking? If not, what's that white paint around your lips? Of course every self respecting monk uses atleast apu/ppu 3 chip... especially if leveling. It tends to raise rank quite a bit.

I don't really understand why you wouldn't want to use those chips OR wear the PA...

ZoneVortex
08-08-03, 23:53
Maybe because they're not an experienced monk who knows that sacrificing psi levels is a good trade off for more APU/PPU?

I dunno, whatever. This just came to my attention earlier so I posted it :p

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 23:57
zone such is the life of the apu though

i have grown accustomed to being gimped in many ways in order to be a good apu.

Not defending the situation though

just saying with 233 hp mana im kinda used to having to gimp myself to be useful lol