PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a GM event sometime soon please?

RayBob
08-08-03, 13:04
Yes, the beach party was fun but an event with nothing to kill is not the same.

The idea is to create a limited-time event where there is a prize. These types of events create a sense of urgency and get people to log on and stay on.

For example: you could have Y Commanders (or some other really tough mob) drop whole ultima mods for say 48 hours. Since nobody can solo a Y, this would force people to work together for a few days and get everyone out of Plaza 1.

Ray

:mad: WHEN ARE THE RIGGER'S INTERFACE PARTS GOING TO BE IN THE GAME?

Ryuben
08-08-03, 13:06
WHAT GMS IN GAME DOING STUFF FOR THE PEOPLE

PFFFF u won't live to see the day, naaa GM's can't help us they are too busy trying to fix the bugs and an event boy oh boy u got ur sights set high most of the people on uranus just want a lag free day let alone an event !

hinch
08-08-03, 13:08
Originally posted by RayBob
Since nobody can solo a Y, this would force people to work together for a few days and get everyone out of Plaza 1.

all my chars can o_O

Tazo
08-08-03, 13:12
RayBob
Neocron Citizen

--

hinch
LexxUK`s Dead Drom

... and here's the explanation, hinch :p

hinch
08-08-03, 13:15
heh its actually like april 2002 but old account got nuked p00f :)

Callash
08-08-03, 13:29
Originally posted by Ryuben
WHAT GMS IN GAME DOING STUFF FOR THE PEOPLE

PFFFF u won't live to see the day
I love you too :cool:

Hippieman
08-08-03, 13:31
Hey Callash can you feel the love? Oh yea great work on the beach party event on Pluto.

Mingerroo
08-08-03, 14:11
LOL yeh. There are events and helpful GMs all around us, the beach party for example, the NEXT party iss coming up.

And @Callash. You tha man. It seems your sole job is to give us stuff :) So thanks for scorp caves (good idea on random spawn for queen), thanks for the beach party, thanks for monk PA and thanks for the rest :D

greendonkeyuk
08-08-03, 14:19
If youre old enough to form complete sentences youre too old for spoonfeeding.

Hows about instead of asking for gm events people actually go check barars thread and/or maybe contribute something of their own for an event, player run perhaps?

yeah that involves getting up and doing it yourself. Its a tough job but someone has to do it! :lol:

@ callash, in the words of alig:

"Big up ya self!"

Youre doing a grand job mate, good work.

d3ik
08-08-03, 16:41
I have to say, I had heard a lot of bitching about in-game support... but I had an issue with a certain hovertech disappearing last night and 'Honeypot' was there to assist me in about 5 minutes. He/she was professional and took care of my problem. Granted it might be nice to have some in-game events too, but I wouldn't want them to gimp their support staff (even if they are volunteers) to put on events. I say the players should come up with the events.

Helen Angilley
08-08-03, 16:54
People want Events....they get an Event...a small group of people ruin this Event.

People then wonder why GMs are reluctant to do another one.

SilentGravity
08-08-03, 18:37
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
People want Events....they get an Event...a small group of people ruin this Event.

People then wonder why GMs are reluctant to do another one.

What does that have to do with anything o_O

GM's dont wana ACT like GM's or do a GM's job maybe they should not be GM's, this is one advantage to having paid GM's...

GM's must know being a GM is not all running through plaza and giving out autographs, GMing is work, it should be treated like that.

Dirus
08-08-03, 18:47
Originally posted by SilentGravity
What does that have to do with anything o_O

GM's dont wana ACT like GM's or do a GM's job maybe they should not be GM's, this is one advantage to having paid GM's...

GM's must know being a GM is not all running through plaza and giving out autographs, GMing is work, it should be treated like that.

There is the ISS/ISW Team that deals with only In-Game support.

The QA Team that deals with Testing and Bugs.

The EC/ECT Team that deals with Events.

Not every GM is in a position that allows them to do events.

SilentGravity
09-08-03, 05:55
Originally posted by Lupus
There is the ISS/ISW Team that deals with only In-Game support.

The QA Team that deals with Testing and Bugs.

The EC/ECT Team that deals with Events.

Not every GM is in a position that allows them to do events.

I know that, I never said anything about events within my post. Same for all GM's, they must treat GMing like a job and from what I can tell not very many do that (lots of corrupted GM's, now they refuse to work on saturn because they got harassed, you know if a non-gm posted something like that people would just say to use the IGNORE button).