PDA

View Full Version : Penny Arcade players - CHECK IN!

ex-machina
08-08-03, 09:31
I've been thinking about it and I wanted to see how many others discovered Neocron through Penny Arcade and their 12 hour Neocron marathon?

I know some even got free copies of the game from those guys by asking nicely for one of the spares CDV sent. Any of those players still in the hizzouse?

Was the exposure from Penny Arcade the most sucessful single event CDV ran to promote the game?

Distaria
08-08-03, 09:36
Actually, you know what? That's an idea. Once DoY comes out, make sure to ask if Tycho will make a point of it on the news page, I'm sure that will get people's attention. Maybe another event like that, with some free copies to win.

Nidhogg
08-08-03, 10:33
P-A had a long build up to Neocron culminating in big a launch party and I discovered Neocron from that build-up, so, thanks T&G! :)

Blame them! :p

N

ex-machina
08-08-03, 10:35
So it was THEM that unleashed the banhammer on us!

hivemind
08-08-03, 10:45
I also heard about this game from Penny Arcade.

Tycho's a pussy. :D

kurai
08-08-03, 11:02
Ditto - PA got me onto NeoCrack.

MortuusLupus
08-08-03, 11:05
Didn't Gabe hang out in Pussy Club all day?

ex-machina
08-08-03, 11:32
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
Didn't Gabe hang out in Pussy Club all day?

not quite all day. A while.

Alex The Great
08-08-03, 23:26
PA got me 2 =D

VashTheSoldier
08-08-03, 23:40
i found about neocron a long ol time ago!

nonamebrandeggs
08-08-03, 23:45
Twas www.mondionline.com that got me, I like never bother to read Penny Arcade. (MT > PA)

ZoneVortex
09-08-03, 00:05
sheesh yes! this sounds like it was good advertising.....DO IT FOR DOY!

Pwnage
09-08-03, 05:11
I'm an avid reader of Penny Arcade, and I can't remember a damn thing being said about Neocron on their website, EVER.

Granted, I remember the comics a lot more than the posts and sometimes I don't even read the posts, but really...

they pushed the game THAT MUCH?

Wow is all I can say.

Lanigav
09-08-03, 08:25
Believe it or not, I'm one of the few who just saw it at a store and bought it on a whim, without hearing about it anywhere else. :p

ex-machina
09-08-03, 08:32
Originally posted by Pwnage
I'm an avid reader of Penny Arcade, and I can't remember a damn thing being said about Neocron on their website, EVER.

Granted, I remember the comics a lot more than the posts and sometimes I don't even read the posts, but really...

they pushed the game THAT MUCH?

Wow is all I can say.

They spent twelve hours ingame in November setting aside one of a two day anniversary celebration for their fourth birthday exclusively to neocron.