PDA

View Full Version : How to Make a Stealth Tank. :)

neophotographer
08-08-03, 05:10
You know it is actually still possible although your gimp level would be awful unless you're a melle tank, but then there really wouldn't be any point in stealth would there? :lol: anyhow just to see if it was possible some of us on the ooc channel onpluto decided to figure out a way and we actually managed it still. :) Thanks goes out to Icestorm and Eddie of Pluto for helping with this.

Head chips:
Special Forces CPU
Special Riggers Interface
Experimental Minc Control 3 (new chip for droners)

Eye:
Smart Cyber-Eye 4

Backbone:
Advanced Nerves 3

You'll also need a lot of drugs, we looked in the stores and added up drug totals.

From drugs you can get:
+18 int
+12 Dex

So if anyone actually has all these chips and wants to try it out enjoy. :) it kept us busy trying to figure this out for 30 minutes. :lol:

Stacey, The Neocron Photographer

ZoneVortex
08-08-03, 05:20
you're nuts ;)

IceStorm
08-08-03, 05:36
Stealth 1 requires 60 INT, 90 DEX, 80 TC. TC's not a problem. DEX isn't too bad, but INT's hard. Tanks need +40 INT and +20 DEX to use Stealth 1. Here's what we kicked around, assuming a capped INT/DEX Tank:

Req 83 DEX, Special Forces, +5 DEX, +5 INT
Req 88 DEX, Special Rigger Interface, +5 DEX, +5 INT
Req 74 DEX, Exp Balistic 3, +3 DEX, +3 INT
Req 76 DEX, Exp Mindcontrol 3, +3 DEX, +3 INT
---
+16 DEX, +16 INT from CPUs

Serumderibat, +3 DEX
Whiteflash, +4 DEX
Redflash, +5 DEX
---
+12 DEX in drugs. The lvl 3's can be installed to increase DEX above the 82 reachable with drugs, activating the SF and Rigger Interface, driving DEX well over the 90 needed.

Req 67 DEX, Smart Cybereye 3, +3 INT
Req 76 DEX, Smart Cybereye 4, +4 INT
---
+3 or +4 INT from an eye

Req 52 INT, Adv Nerves 2, +3 INT
---
+3 INT

Destrosol, +3 INT
Destrosol forte, +5 INT
Kri'nakh Mushroom, +10 INT
---
+18 INT

All the drugs and the CPUs/eye are enough to get to 57 or 58 INT, which is enough to start the Adv Nerves 2 and thus reach 60 or 61 INT. I think Adv Nerves 3 is a typo, as Adv Nerves 3 requires 80 INT.

Thanks to Stacey for musing about how to make a Stealth Tank. :-)

neophotographer
08-08-03, 07:04
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
you're nuts ;)

sure am...it's still fun. and yes nerves 3 was a typo. ment to put nerves 2. :lol:

Stacey

Arcadius
08-08-03, 07:08
Any setup that requires drug use isn't truely viable IMO.

Lord Cypher
08-08-03, 07:25
Stealthed Tanks...Nice :lol:

Now..Try to find a way for a tank to get into STR 155 PowerArmor :eek:

Xian
08-08-03, 07:40
Originally posted by Lord Cypher
Stealthed Tanks...Nice :lol:

Now..Try to find a way for a tank to get into STR 155 PowerArmor :eek:

Go to KK headquarters with a baseball bat and ask 'nicely'. :p

Lord Cypher
08-08-03, 07:43
Nah...Can't too that...MJS wouldnt like me at his doorstep.

neophotographer
08-08-03, 07:57
Originally posted by Arcadius

It's viable........just not likely. I don't like to use drugs, but we wanted to see if it was even possible

Stacey

Dream
08-08-03, 08:22
Originally posted by Arcadius

I know PE's with setups that require DRUG use to use thier best spells (haz/psi shield) and they are very viable for 1v1, yet still fully functional without the drug.

PsiCorps
08-08-03, 08:42
Now..Try to find a way for a tank to get into STR 155 PowerArmor
There will be, they are reducing the Str level on tank pa. they will make all pa's like this

level 1: 85 Main Skill
level 2: 95 Main Skill
level 3: 115 Main Skill
level 4: 135 Main Skil

So Blue pa, is now able to be worn by 95 tanks (may reduce the stats as 95 str for the amount of armour'age (is that a word?) would be a slight bit overpowered, monk pa's like that. and ive seen screenshots of new spy or pe i think it was Pa. "assasination suits" from 85 - 135. so red pa will be a few drugs away my friend, unless KK like thier gms in PA we cant achive so they will make another colour, lets hope a shadow colour, or maybe an orangy colour, Who knows?... more importantly, who cares?

Q`alooaith
08-08-03, 09:03
On a side note, the stealth tank would also be able to drive all the vehicals... though I'm not totaly sure on that...

so it's a nice setup, wish I'd kept my high level tank now, then I could have gone for this dream....

just imagine it a tank driving a tank... tough as nails or what..

PsiCorps
08-08-03, 09:05
im thinking if you drugged up further you could use a devils grace along with it, a hovertech uber resist stealthing tank, my worst nightmare

PS: im brave, Shaaamon muthafucka

Spoon
08-08-03, 09:15
I think you would over-dose on the drugs, before you would be able to use stleath effectively......:lol:

Well, you might be able to use it once, then OD....

Psycho_Soldier
08-08-03, 10:05
Originally posted by Lord Cypher
Nah...Can't too that...MJS wouldnt like me at his doorstep.

:lol: LMAO.

Over top of this tank stealth idea you can probably have a pretty decent researcher or cst tank with cst 3 + factory/lab.:lol:

Throgar
08-08-03, 12:09
they shoul make the pas like in beta 4 ^^

1. 75 str req ant str / dex bonus :lol:

im not sure if others was there

but then in 15 str steps maybe

or from 95 in 10 str steps

megaMIKker
08-08-03, 12:31
If you're willing to... It might actually be possible to constantly wear an SA (since it's requirement is 90 dex) as a tank as well, meaning you wouldn't need dex drugs except to activate the dex implants.

Basically, you start out with 70 dexterity.

Special Forces and Special Rigger, and SA take you up to 86, as well as giving a 15 intelligence boost. Then put in a purely dex boosting chip to get the final boost, so you don't need the dex drugs.

(91 dex, 35 int now)

Smart Cyber-Eye 4 for +4 intelligence.

(91 dex, 39 int)

Now the drugs:

Destrosol
Destrosol Forte
Kri'Nakh Mushroom

(+18 int)

Which activates the advanced nerves 2 (+3 int)

And tada, you've got the ability to use stealth I :P
The plus of this way, however, is that you only need to use the dexterity drugs once, while still needing the same intelligence drugs.

Now someone needs to figure out a way for Psi Monks to use them...

FBI
09-08-03, 03:02
im gunna try it just for fun

Powerplug
09-08-03, 04:36
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
On a side note, the stealth tank would also be able to drive all the vehicals... though I'm not totaly sure on that...

so it's a nice setup, wish I'd kept my high level tank now, then I could have gone for this dream....

just imagine it a tank driving a tank... tough as nails or what..

I've already driven all the vehicles with my tank. Just needed destrol, destrol forte, hacking CPU, and exp mind control.

Q`alooaith
09-08-03, 04:45
Originally posted by Powerplug
I've already driven all the vehicles with my tank. Just needed destrol, destrol forte, hacking CPU, and exp mind control.

Yes, anyone can do that, but with the right imp setup you could drive without worring about getting drugflash halfway there..