PDA

View Full Version : PPU from scratch ?

Beefheart
08-08-03, 04:34
I made a PPU monk on a lark as a character for my daughter to run around the city in just looking at stuff. I wanted to level it a bit tonight so she wouldn't die so fast in the sewers. The spells that were given at creation are a heal, shelter(or deflector maybe) and another one who's name I don't remember, but they are all obviously PPU. In an hour of swinging the knife in the sewers and buffing, deflectoring and healing, I didn't gain a single level in psi.

Is it even possible, to start off at character inception as a PPU and get anywhere in development ? It seems unlikely, but there sure are alot of ppu's floating around so how is it done ?

Drake6k
08-08-03, 04:39
Grab a parashock bolt, there is a real low level one and a TL 8. It does more damage than any other ppu spell. You can level with it. Also soul clusters, cast once then cast again on the target you want it to attack.

Syntax-Error
08-08-03, 04:39
Team. get ureself a friend. Pref a APU monk of same level ish (say 5 lvl) PPUs need a team. but you should really have gained by buffing.. strange. soon as you can get parashock and use it to kill stuff rather than knife.

Mankind
08-08-03, 04:42
Myself and my friend are APU/PPU combo. His PPU lvls almost as fast as my APU :) Great exp and I actually feel safe on my APU.

WebShock
08-08-03, 04:50
A PPU is a totally diffrent beast. If you choose to hunt alone as a ppu, it will be a long and frustrating road. 3 months i tried to solo xp my ppu. In the matter of one week i went from 35 to 54. How did I do it? I found a bunch of people who were my combat rank the first number, not the second) and skyrocketed my experience points. Let me tell you this, there is no money in being a PPU. You get hundreds of nc while that tank you are keeping alive gets thousands. If you made a PPU to make money or to solo, you have picked the wrong class. You can however make money by dropping points into implanting or repairing. Researching or constructing are also a way to make money, just realize that you won't be able to be as good as the class that specializes in this, the spy.

hivemind
08-08-03, 05:41
Step 1. Skill some Implant to raise your DEX.
Step 2. Skill about 75 base points in Pistol Combat.
Step 3. Skill about 25 Weapon Lore.
Step 4. Skill 20 points in Recycle.
Step 5. Cap your DEX. :rolleyes:
Step 6. Implant a Dexterity Booster 2 into your spine.
Step 7. Have yourself made a 4-5 slot s-337-f Submachinegun.
Step 8. Cast Pistol Boost 3 on yourself along with your usual buffs.
Step 9. Pwn anything on the planet. :D :D :D :D :D

No, you're not a PvP god PPU, but you can play solo all day, and you can also reliably beat APUs and Tanks 1 on 1. With capped DEX you can skill 75 PC, 20 Recycle, and still have over 50 Agility. Since you'll be casting Spy Boost 3 on yourself all the time, you're still pretty close to 70 AGL. You need the recycle because it takes a LOT of ammo to kill a Grim Chaser with a TL37 pistol. :eek:

PsiCorps
08-08-03, 08:52
i killed a rank 51 spy on uranus with my sisters rank 12 ppu, (such a h4x) got me kossed, rofl i hate to hear what she says after she reads her ingame mails

Archeus
08-08-03, 08:55
I'd say go hybrid then LOM to pure PPU, but you may like Hybrid too much.