PDA

View Full Version : Market Research

Lexxuk
08-08-03, 02:01
Ah Ha, Market Research....

If you've been playing the game, under 3 months, answer these questions.

1) How did you first find out about Neocron?
2) How did you obtain Neocron?
3) Was setting up your Neocron Account easy?
4) What was your first impression of the Neocron World?
5) Would you recommend Neocron to a friend?
6) How long do you plan on playing Neocron futher?
7) How easy do you find it, to find Information on/in Neocron
8) Have you ever used Customer Support, how did you find it?
9) Overall, rate your first 3 months experience in Neocron, from 1(bad) to 10 (the best)
10 Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed :p)

Hmm, ok, if you been in over 3 months, u can answer too (funnily enough, i've never seen any Market Research on Neocron, to analyze potential weakness's or strenths of the product, writing a business plan at the moment, at the college course, if I didnt do any market research, analyse trends/paterns etc.. know what the customer thinks/wants etc.. at the end of the course, I'd get a "fail"). Maybe the NC Web Dude can stick some Market Research up on the FHP :p

/edit - added number 10

X452
08-08-03, 02:07

i used to play legend of mir and my m8 from there told me about it (left mir for NC)

Download

very

chaotic, i had no idea wot to do or how to do anything, the tutorial helped a little but not much. met some nice ppl that helped me out and told me wot to do though.

yes. have done. they dont like cos its too hard to understand.

till i get bored or till worlds of warcraft comes out :)

not too hard but can be a bitch sometimes. especialy some of the silly named parts, like scorpion minion essence and old uniform scraps.

only the ingame thing and it was helpful but slow.

9) Overall, rate your first 3 months experience in Neocron, from 1(bad) to 10 (the best)

7 with MUCH room for improvement

10 Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed :P )

err..... making a better noob quest, maybe making it player spacific, so if u start a player with research skill your given a quest revolving around that skill and so on

Hidden Godoffej
08-08-03, 02:10

Beta. Played for a little over two weeks in Beta4.

Tasty online store.

Yeah, except for the p.i.t.a. worldplay >=\

"Holy buttcrackers, Batman"

Yeah, if that friend had a bug fetish o_O (kidding, kidding... the bugs are really features)

At least until DOY comes out. If that blows the goats, then I'll probably cancel.

With all the recent changes, the only valid source of information is the forum. Well, and the patchnotes, but those are never complete anyway :rolleyes:

Yes, when my hovertec disappeared. I saw the big question mark... it wasn't that difficult to find. However, in a nutshell they told me 'too bad n00b, go buy another' (not a direct quote).

6. Ups and downs, me likey.

Radamez
09-08-03, 16:08
I have been playing over 3 months... ;)

PC Zone magazine .. there was a feature on MMORPG's and NC was mentioned, so i checked it out ;)

Ordered it from www.amazon.co.uk

as pie :p

Very exciting, especially as it was my first MMORPG.

Have done, I think it's a little beyond them tho :lol:

Well i'm not planning on quitting anytime soon ;) the game still has alot to offer for me, although i'm keeping an eye on the upcoming "face of mankind"

there are a few fan sites around which are very good for info, apart from that there isn't a great deal due to the game's lack of popularity ( we all know who to thank for that :rolleyes: )

Yes, on a few occasions contrary to what alot of people say I found them quite helpful fixing problems, except those involving lost inventory etc, as they are obviously bound my rules preventing them helping to the extent you'd like :)

well there's always room for improvement with any experience, so i never rate 10 on anything, but it's certainly the best yet with a game.. so 9 :D

10) Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced.

well, this idea certainly wouldn't make it more fun, but definitely more user friendly.To have some kind of tutorial where in order to progress u must perform actions that you will need later in the game, such as navigating a citycom.. distributing skill points etc etc etc (probably a crap idea, but couldn't think of anything else :lol: )

there ya go! hope it helped!

Radz

Ren
09-08-03, 16:13

In a magazine called PCZONE.. it stated neocron was going intot closed beta and i signed up, it should people with guns in p3 :P

They sent me b2, b3, i download b4, they sent me (CDV) Retial on German release

Wouldnt know, never done it.

Thought it was huge, people seemed nice, and the pk'ers brought alot of fun, i dont think i hit the wastes till b3... you couldnt, the floor wasnt solid enough, lol.

highly, and have done.

As long as i can, or something big comes in the way.

Using Google, its simple, i was also a poster at www.neocrononline.com that helped :P
In store, fooking impossible.

I think customer support is honest, reasonably quick and they are hard workers, but alot of people dont see the background work.

10 Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed :p)

remove MC5... damn it.... er... a tour guide, like in b4. that was fun. Even when i did lose people in the wastes.

Mighty Max
09-08-03, 16:24
OK ill do it too.

A friend of mine told me in the "Berufsschule". Signed up for the closed beta and got in. My friends who did too not :p.

See Rens answeres. Got the b2,b3 CDs shipped with a nice letter, and joined b4 with the b3 CDs :p was a nice patch :D

bought the release at a local shop

Yes, did know what to do/where to find already

Complex. I had probs starting out at that time but it caught me in that way that i left my previous MMORPG instantly

Yes

Till the next is out :P or Its dead. - 2 years and counting ....

Pretty easy, you just have to know some pps :D

Not in the email addy form.

_>10<_

10 Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed )

Make leveling way way harder. Caps way way higher. So there are nearly all somewhere between 0 and top. This way we wont have those unskilled l33ts. And more pps would care bout other non capped players.

SilentGravity
09-08-03, 16:36
Lexx said 3 months and under.... so thats fanboys *ahem* piss off :D (Im talking to you Ren ;)..same with you max... )

Radamez
09-08-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Lexxuk
Hmm, ok, if you been in over 3 months, u can answer too

:rolleyes:

Ren
09-08-03, 16:42
Radamez pwned j00

SilentGravity
09-08-03, 16:42
Originally posted by Radamez
:rolleyes:

....Bloody hell....

Still....*ahem*..........umm...stop...being...fanboys....

yup, thats some uber speech skills right there if you guys wana learn from the master :p

EDIT: My quote is better then yours!

Originally posted by Lexxuk

If you've been playing the game, under 3 months, answer these questions.

Ren
09-08-03, 16:45
either fill out the "Market Research" or leave the thread, all your doing is spamming usless information that is/were wrong.

Mumblyfish
I'll bite. Hard. Mansex.

PC Zone ran a feature on it, and being hailed as "the evolution in MMORPGs" I couldn't help but boot up the ol' eDonkey.

My new best friend. (http://www.amazon.co.uk)

I could do it while being skullfucked.

...My eyes are happy. So bustling and alive.

None of my friends are into games. Bastards.

Until the service shuts down. I've had 12 months of daily playtime AT LEAST. I don't think I'll ever stop...

7) How easy do you find it, to find Information on/in Neocron?
Again really easy. The official forums answer all my questions and do my dishes.

Used Customer Support ONCE when I placed a huge tree in my apartment, using the ?. Ingame Support DMd me twenty minutes later saying they removed the obstructing tree. And they were polite to boot.

9) Overall, rate your first 3 months experience in Neocron, from 1(bad) to 10 (the best).
100%. Why else would I still be here?

10) Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed)?
More detailed NPC text, a better offline tutorial, where you get to play medium-level characters of every class, and do every tradeskill.

11) Thank you.
My pleasure. Dinner?

Edit: Shite. Under 3 months clause? I hate you. HATE YOU!

Radamez
:lol:

Last time i checked, being a "fanboy" wasn't against the forum rules..

being a troll,however.. is :p

I'm a fanboy and proud of it, damn you! :p

LoneDawg
09-08-03, 17:05

Mate told me in erm 2001 def before 2k2..

Bought from online store (Im an Ausssie not many to pick from mate got it direct from UK 2 weeks before me and $20au more ( .000002 cents US/Euro :) ))

Couldn't have been easier really

From Beta 4 awesome.. What i have been looking for in a game in the last 15 years (Dues Ex/System Shock came VERY close>

YES.. unless they are Counter Strike nuts then the levelling/challange isn't for them :)

Been playing retail for 9 months.. prolly.. 6 months more unless i die or something better comes along..

Being a Beta person info was easy to come by but only if you used the forums, my friend was never a big forum user.. I read lots of threads and post little unlike others o_O

Um 2 times i think.. first was after 2-3 weeks of play and i lost all my tech parts.. total of like 15.. no reply apart from the auto response (Now i DGAF as i have over 800 techs and thats just hunting causally (ok 5-6hours a day for 6 months.. Solo)) 2nd time was because i needed to change my CC details and was unsure about it.. Excellent response to that one (maybe cause it included me giving them money o_O) apart from that no need what so ever..

10+ .. I Need my Neocron.. without my Neocron i am worthless without me Neocron is useless......... :p

10) Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed )

hmmmmmm.. so many new chars i have started.. can't answer that as i have found all my chars easy to use/learn from beta days till 2 weeks ago when i created my first PE (Psi was my main Char till then ALWAYS liked Psi's since i read the story line/I killed Fatal(Insidous) wolf when they were sposed to be the "Uber l33t7!!!!!11!!11!11oneone1!1oeneoneone" in Beta 4 ;) (Died easy to 4 poison stacks and a few fire beams :) .. not to say i didnt get paid back :D ) PE's level quick but i just cant get th hang of them.. Prefer my Pistol spy :)

(Hopes he has pleased Master Lexxuk & attention is turned away from his tasty tight butt to the nearest Drom)

hnlecter
09-08-03, 17:09
I played beta

downloaded it

sorta

Yeesh, I thought they would have the bugs fixed by now.

Unless you consider a friend an enemy.

Until a better game comes out.

What do I do?

Only customer support is asking other gamers

10 Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed )
Having players (obviously people who will auctually respond) to help new people.

Tratos
09-08-03, 17:19
Been playing since April 2003,

My best m8

I actualy left the house and bought it from a shop

As easy as falling off a log, if that easy

AMAZIN, got lost plaenty but got used to in after a bit

Yes, have done and hes playing now

As long as possible

On the net i just use Google but in game i have a clan full of helpful ppl

Nope, but i hear its good

umm.....well.........10!!

10) Without too much detail, how do you think, basically, your starting Neocron experience could be enhanced. (and no, Remove MC5 isnt allowed )

Um......The epics coul;d be based on your job thing you select making your char.....i supose o_O

Breschau
09-08-03, 17:22

I honestly can't remember. Possibly from MMGOD or something. I do remember seeing the site when it was in closed beta then coming back many months later once it was open beta.

Beta4 I downloaded (obviously). Retail I either got from amazon.co.uk or the Game store down the high street - I forget which.

Yeah.

Confusing, but pretty awesome too.

Yes, but with warnings.

Til I get bored of it. Then when I've not played for a while, I'll probably play some more til I get bored again. And so on until something better comes along.

Fairly easy. The issue is whether that information is remotely accurate or not...

Once, for an account issue. A player suggestion resolved my problem while the customer support were looking into it.

Beta - 8. Retail - 6 or 7 (partly because a lot of the exploration and 'newness' was gone due to playing in beta).

Been too long since I was a newbie to really know what's in place at the moment, nevermind what to change about it. But based on what I do remember: superior in-game documentation, better selection of missions (and/or make the useless missions useful), slightly lower prices on newbie weapons (just for the tl 5-10 stuff) so upgrading from a stiletto is easier, and a more logical loot system for lower level mobs (and higher too, but that's not newbie related).

rtz
09-08-03, 17:27

i followed it during beta, and never got in. a friend did. it didnt interest me too much back then... only really looked around for it again recently coz i was bored.

downloaded it.

yes.

on par with most mmo's out there at the moment.

i would love to say yes, but i dont think i could... mainly because i have only 1 RL friend who plays MMOs and he wouldnt be interested... the rest arent into the pay to play thing.

not sure, ill play untill im bored.

compared to other mmo's i would say quite difficult, ALOT and i mean ALOT of the game is completely undocumented...

if you spend some hours on these forums asking questions and searching through piles of info you can sometimes find what you are after tho.

havent used it.

hard to say, i need to play it more i think :)

better documentation/or player made faqs with everything encluded and not just very basic stuff. (!!!) ... figuring everything out is VERY hard compared to most MMOs which are quite inituitive and strait forward

well, i actually would remove mc5, honestly i wish i left it earlier then i did. when i look back its a total waste of time and i can see why it alone probably turns alot of people off the game.

fixing the multitude of crashes / and bugs like getting stuck in doors etc...

sounds like im really negative here, but im actually enjoying the game... i just think it takes a fair bit more to get into this game then most others out there.