PDA

View Full Version : Warbots givin me no love

Futureman
08-08-03, 01:58
Well guys i am sure i probably screwed my chances over for getting easy tech parts ever again. Until yesterday i was a dex 93 Spy with base 73 dex. I used to kill warbots in about four clips of my tangent epic rifle. It was pretty easy and it wasn't much of a sweat. Plus since i hack i would get mad Techparts. Well yesterday and today i heard that the swamp caves were a good place to cap. So i went there and died instantly. Then i got the advice to lom all my con points (well not all obviously but up to 60 points) into POR. So that with a filter heart and the poison belt works out to a pretty good setup for the swamp caves. I leveled pretty well and now i am a level 101 dex spy with ** and something like 57/55 rank. So i decided to go get some tech parts because i wanted a move up from my pain easer to a Ray of God. So i proceed to kill at least 10 warbots and i only got 3 Low Tech parts. I talked to some people on OOC and a guy told me that if your rank is more than half of the mob then your chance of getting a good drop goes down significantly.
I pretty much believe this. So what should i do now? i had a pretty good spot out in the steppes where i could find one WB after another and i would never see anyone.

I see my options as this: Kill hovers, which are about 2 times my current level, kill firemobs, or nerf my stats till i am satisfied with my number of rare parts.

Problem with number 1 is that hovers suck and i hate the mountains plus i never see enough of them. 2 is that I am a city faction runner so i'll always have the problem of getting to Canyon areas. Also i have all my Con points in POR so i'll have to change that to fire..3 seems pretty good, but i can't seem to nerf my skills. I took out all of my imps and my combat rating is pretty low 43, so that seems good. i killed a wb and i got a T part. But my second number was 51 still. so it was 43/51. Any advice on what I should do? Oh btw, ive been using an unslotted PE in the Swamp caves to level, and i also have a healing light. I do not yet have SF either. I could obviously stay in the caves or move on to other tougher spots as i level up with a PE, but why would you want to cap a pure combat spy and only use a PE?

BTW i am in City admin now because i like the CA PA. the only PA a spy can use (not counting the rad suit). i like it for the enr resistance. probably will start using the rad suit when i can though

But any tips on how i can easily get techparts again?

Lexxuk
08-08-03, 02:04
My PE (currently 67/64) takes warbots/titans down quite a lot, but cant hack, maybe I should find a hacker :p

Hover's are easy though, when you can find them, and are 1000000 times easier if you have a PPU monk hangin wiv ya (esp if he/she can hack)

ezza
08-08-03, 02:07
the steppes are pretty good, with the horrors and brutes, think there both over 100/100 plus dont need to hack em, my rank on my monk is now 60/62 and i dont hack so there the only optino for me if i want techs, however i have a few clan mates who do hack and have a similar rank and still bring home a good haul of techs for my alt to res from the warbots, i think you get the same loot until you become to high rank to get anything from it, i mean i still get the same loot of a launcher that i got when i was a 1 star monk about a fortnight ago

Futureman
08-08-03, 02:11
i gotta admit though it is kinda cool runing around with no imps and the epic rifle from tangent. you really have nothing to loose. instead of finding a GR i just /set kill_self 1 to teleport

Jake Cutter
08-08-03, 02:30
Warbot Titans?

A friend and I hunt them with our high level spies....regular WB's usually dont give up techs for us, but the loot from Titans is usually better.

Regards.
Jake Cutter

FBI
08-08-03, 03:09
This is why i love being a tank and the tangent speed gun.

I wait for my rank to drop then activate my 5 slot speed gun,
rank 45/68. Kills warbots faster than all my other rares. Plus,
just recently i LoMed my weapon lore to hack so i'm hacking
106/106 and under mobs easily on my tank with good loot.

<- might try vehicles

Ryuben
08-08-03, 03:23
Originally posted by FBI

<- might try vehicles

don't ya find a significant difference in aiming o_O i did when i tested it in NF

Legoias
08-08-03, 03:27
I spent the evening PPUing a rank 22/18 APU monk. I would damage boost and stun the Warbot and keep him alive as he took the wb down. Then I would hack.

Of the 12+ wb's he killed only 2 had loot, a number of higher levels tell me they have much more luck than that :confused:

Im wondering if damage boosting mobs decease the chance of loot or will teaming with the person killing reduce chances. Then again i've also been told all mobs spawn with loot in them and there is a equal chance for all.

Can anyone clarify?

FBI
08-08-03, 03:28
Originally posted by Ryuben
don't ya find a significant difference in aiming o_O i did when i tested it in NF

My other weapons are gimped in rate of fire and aiming but
i did this to collect parts for now. Speed gun is uneffected by the
loming, except about 40m in range lost.

I only lost 3 int levels loming all my lore to hack, so it's no biggy ;)

ericdraven
08-08-03, 03:29
Never had a significant difference in my loot on all my nine chars, except as i was hybrid with a rank 90+.
But as long as the rank was below 70 i always got tons of rare parts, no matter what class or what rank or what weapon or what armor or what imps blablabla i used.

All i say is - it's pure luck.

/EDIT: Good "proof" - with my monk (rank 66, boosted 69) i found 136 rare parts in 8 hours last friday. Is there still someone who wanna say the rank influences the loot in a bad way? :lol:

Legoias
08-08-03, 03:31
Originally posted by ericdraven
Never had a significant difference in my loot on all my nine chars, except as i was hybrid with a rank 90+.
But as long as the rank was below 70 i always got tons of rare parts, no matter what class or what rank or what weapon or what armor or what imps blablabla i used.

Can you bottle some of that luck and send it my way ?:D

FBI
08-08-03, 03:32
Originally posted by Legoias
I spent the evening PPUing a rank 22/18 APU monk. I would damage boost and stun the Warbot and keep him alive as he took the wb down. Then I would hack.

Of the 12+ wb's he killed only 2 had loot, a number of higher levels tell me they have much more luck than that :confused:

Im wondering if damage boosting mobs decease the chance of loot or will teaming with the person killing reduce chances. Then again i've also been told all mobs spawn with loot in them and there is a equal chance for all.

Can anyone clarify?

Don't know about techparts, but JUNK loot is confirmed and tested
to be effected by rank of runner. I get vehicle 10's VERY frequently
off warbots than i did with 59 (2 stars).

Also, if a rank 75 apu shot a warbot and then a noob killed it, the
loot was already effected. So i think damage boost is the same
thing.

FBI
08-08-03, 03:35

/EDIT: Good "proof" - with my monk (rank 66, boosted 69) i found 136 rare parts in 8 hours last friday. Is there still someone who wanna say the rank influences the loot in a bad way? :lol:

http://www.sw-kleinanzeigen.de/priv/Forum/bs.jpg

ericdraven

Can anyone clarify?

From the 136 parts i found (see my post above) ALL mobs were damage boosted 'cause i teamed with my PPU mate. ;)
As long as your rank is not HIGHER than the mobs rank i NEVER saw a decrease in the loot.

/EDIT: FBI - it can smell however you like it. ;) Do you think the 1294 rare parts i got so far came from.. Santa Claus? :D :D

Legoias
next time i wont bother damage boosting and stuning the wbs. Damn that means i dont get the 42nc reward from the stuns damage on the mob :p

Legoias
08-08-03, 03:37
From the 136 parts i found (see my post above) ALL mobs were damage boosted 'cause i teamed with my PPU mate. ;)
As long as your rank is not HIGHER than the mobs rank i NEVER saw a decrease in the loot.

I was expecting to get a lot of loot with the 22/18 monk doing all the damage, but really we came home with very little. And the best veh part we got was 1 VC9

ericdraven
08-08-03, 03:39
I was expecting to get a lot of loot with the 22/18 monk doing all the damage, but really we came home with very little. And the best veh part we got was 1 VC9

Yep, happens. But therefore you will have more luck next time... maybe... :p

Ryuben
08-08-03, 03:40
next time i wont bother damage boosting and stuning the wbs. Damn that means i dont get the 42nc reward from the stuns damage on the mob :p

thats where u fubared the loot u muppet u attacked it

:rolleyes:

try again but with out attcking the mob ;) should get better loot

Futureman
08-08-03, 03:54
well i gimped my spy down to around 45/52 (from ** to <<<<)and went out hunting with my tangent epic rifle. I pulled all my imps except vhc 1 so i could drive the hovertec. Ive been getting tech parts every time. Tomorrow ill put the imps back in and we will see. But i find it hard to believe that before I could barely get 3 Ls and now i got an E and an imp in nearly every WB.

I don't know what server you are on. I heard pluto was more generous with rares. Here on Saturn it sucke before. But now since I'm gimped it works pretty well

Nvidia
08-08-03, 04:24
It's all about the time, man... I've got a buddy in my clan, who plays, he likes to call himself the master of warbot loot, and I'll certainly agree, he knows what he's talking about. Now... he only has the time down for 2 zones, but I'll tell you, DAMN, was he right.

At first, I thought he was lying out his arse, but, when I went to go test his theory with my 79/63 *** Spy, I got an expensive part in every single WARBOT, yes, that's Warbot, not Warbot Titan, that I killed. What happens, at least from what I noticed... is at a certain time, 20 minutes before the hour, the drop rate starts to raise VERY rapidly, from almost nothing to a guaranteed 1 part a WB. At the Exact hour is when the BEST of the best loot drops. Then, after 20 or so minutes, it settles back down again. Imagine a Graph with a Line moving way up and back down from 20 minutes before the hour to 20 minutes after the hour and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about It may sound like BS, but I've tried on more than one occasion at the same time and I'll tell you, it DOES work. When you come home with 6 Expensives, 1 Tech, 2 Low Techs, 5 Imps, and 3 Vehicle Comp 10's after only 40 minutes of hunting, with similar results on the next hunt, you know it's no coincidence.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you can figure out the sweet time, you don't need to gimp yourself. But, if you can't, gimping yourself also works very well, as long as you can clone ammo. I, myself, used to snipe warbots with a TAR... really nice 4 slotter made by my favorite constructor on Pluto a long time ago. I mean it ate ammo like crazy, but then I'd just take the junk from the WB I killed and make more ammo and keep going. Very easy in the end.

Legoias
08-08-03, 05:12
OK I took my PE out to try, I used a lower wep with rank 53/68. I came home with 2 T's and 3 lvl3 Imps, a VH9/8. So perhaps i caught the tail end of the table-table you speak off. Or maybe this game wants to jerk me around :mad:

hinch
08-08-03, 11:01
over the past 3 days ive killed over 100 warbots and over 100 fire mobs

i have found a grand total of 5 rares 2 of which we`re lexx`s

greendonkeyuk
08-08-03, 11:06
some people have all the luck hinch!

FBI
08-08-03, 14:05
Today in I_06, 35 warbots were scattered everywhere. Me and
a APU (no ppu involved here, im a tank) killed them all. We got
8 vehicle 10's, 10 techparts (3 expensive) and 6 implants.

Hurray ... no

Dardalion
08-08-03, 14:18
Is there still someone who wanna say the rank influences the loot in a bad way? :lol:

Ive never experinced really bad drops

Killed a Terror Leaper the other day (90/90***) and got 3 T techs from him then did a Chaser too (120/120 ***) and got 2 E techs from that

Pravus
08-08-03, 14:34
grr the most i have had in 3 days from warbots is a c9 on my n00b droner, rank 41/34 or something silly... now tell me rank affects it - its pure luck (or bad luck in my case :mad:)

jernau
08-08-03, 14:38
Originally posted by FBI

Hurray ... no

That's about normal for what I get there. Doesn't seem to matter what char I use or whether I am solo or in a team. That seems to be the average.

Legoias
08-08-03, 14:51
Originally posted by FBI

Hurray ... no

You cant agrue with that, to me thats a nice haul.

Futureman
08-08-03, 15:26
Originally posted by Dardalion
Ive never experinced really bad drops

Killed a Terror Leaper the other day (90/90***) and got 3 T techs from him then did a Chaser too (120/120 ***) and got 2 E techs from that

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well i tried going back to normal to hunt WBs. Couldn't find any in Steppes, so I went the wastelands around MB. I killed 5 WBs and got 0 no vhcs above 7, no E no T no L no Imps. So i am pretty sure it is a rank problem with me. no doubt. I am gonna go get a TAR constructed and use that to confirm it. But before when i took out all the imps it was completely different. 3 rares then. So i am pretty convinced.

BTW, everybody post your rank, class, and server and what mob you hunt and your luck with rares. Maybe its a spy thing?

Voodoochicken
08-08-03, 15:37
I have a supertition that the loot drop depends on what time you're playing.

Whenever I'm playing at ~ 01:00 GMT. . I maybe get one or 2 tech parts per 10 WB/WBTs (ie.. one WB drops either one or 2 parts).

If I play in the afternoon, I can get about one tech per WB/WBT (on average.. because you get 2 or even 3 in one bot).. 8|

Of course.. I'm a droner.. so even during these periods of "good tech part drops" I still don't get many because my damage output sucks.

I don't know.. maybe it's affected by how many people are on the server.. :)

(my rank is.. um.. 5x/61? or maybe it's 4x/61)

Shockwave
08-08-03, 15:40
Rank 49/68 (Redeemer/RoG combo). I hunt Warbots and Titans mainly, with the odd Horror or Brute for spice. What I get varies wildly - I've had a 2 E's and T from one Warbot before, and I've also gone ove r25 WBs without so much as a C-10, let alone a rare imp or a Rare part.

On average I get nothing like the sort of hauls people are talking about here though. I consider 1 rare from 5 WBs to be decent going these days. :/

Shock.

Argent
08-08-03, 15:50
Originally posted by Shockwave
Rank 49/68 (Redeemer/RoG combo).

One Q : How did you get your rank that low? Gimped your R-C?

Phiberdelic
08-08-03, 16:21
...Futureman, if you think your low rank has anything to do with the rare drop-rate...I'm not to terribly high but 61/64 rank and I come out with good loot, and I have noticed that it is a time-table issue. I didn't know it lasted that long, but I play the clock also; I usually go around the first of the hour and it never fails me...at times I'll get 2 rares per WB...Rank has nothing to do with it, if you're lower than that mob.

Dardalion
08-08-03, 16:29
51/50 *

Using 2 slot Energy Beam or 5 slot Holy Energy Halo when Im in trouble and I want to cast faster than boosters replenish my mana pool :rolleyes:

Lanigav
09-08-03, 07:49
I've killed 258 warbots (yes, I've actually kept count) with my rifle spy. and gotten a grand total of 9 tech parts from them. 4 of which broke. >_< My combat rank gradually increased from 35 to 51 while hunting them, and the results have been no different. I also hunt alone, and hack them myself.

And don't tell me to hunt firemobs or hoverbots, because they give me no better loot, and are considerably more difficult for me to kill.

Arcadius
09-08-03, 07:51
Originally posted by Lanigav
I've killed 258 warbots (yes, I've actually kept count) with my rifle spy. and gotten a grand total of 9 tech parts from them. 4 of which broke. .

wtf, i know the drop rate sux but you CAN"T be serious???????

QuantumDelta
09-08-03, 07:54
Your char is cursed....

I mean, in two to three hours I got 10 techs off fire mobs...

Most of those ten were in the last part of the hunting period....

Lanigav
09-08-03, 08:05
Originally posted by Arcadius
wtf, i know the drop rate sux but you CAN"T be serious???????

Believe me, I truly wish I wasn't. :( Honest to god truth unfortunately.

Disturbed021
09-08-03, 10:06
Believe me, I truly wish I wasn't. :( Honest to god truth unfortunately.
:eek: Where are you hunting? I haven't played much for a week or so but I was averaging about 1 tech for every 3 WBs and WBTs.

Drake6k
09-08-03, 10:14
I've killed 258 warbots (yes, I've actually kept count) with my rifle spy. and gotten a grand total of 9 tech parts from them. 4 of which broke. >_< My combat rank gradually increased from 35 to 51 while hunting them, and the results have been no different. I also hunt alone, and hack them myself.

And don't tell me to hunt firemobs or hoverbots, because they give me no better loot, and are considerably more difficult for me to kill.

I simply dont believe you... I just killed 25 warbots and got 11 tech parts, one broke. I dont think it's "THAT" bad... It's Impossible to have the luck you did. o_O

Selendor
09-08-03, 10:54
You know, there's always the suspicion with drops that we're being messed about by some unknown rule, but I suppose it is just random.

For instance, I sometimes think that the longer a WB has 'settled' and the emptier the zone from other players, the better the drop potential can be, almost like there is a pool they are all taking their rare drops from.

Futureman
09-08-03, 12:20
well, i got a << Droner, maybe i can have him up to hunting Wbs before too long and he can supply tps. What is the first drone you can start hunting WBs with?

Jolt
09-08-03, 12:29
I guess the GAL-3000(tl 75) or MR-1000(tl 80, has alot of firing range). You gota be carefull with drones fighting wbs, there health tends to drop very suddenly. Using hills, and trees for cover helps alot.

I found around rank 48-49 to be best to tech's but still not that great...

jernau
09-08-03, 13:50
MR-1000s take out WBs real easy.

Soothsayer
09-08-03, 15:12
How many of you have lured a warbot to the City Merc guards, or a grim to the Twilight Guardian guards ? The npc ranks affect the loot table just like a runner's rank. The CM guards are ranked 80/80 (I believe) , but the warbots still drop tech parts, imps and junk.
I think that the loot table is based on a dollar amount with a set of items, each with their own price tag. If you recieve the full credit value for the kill, you recieve the max loot value. The more valuable the loot, the less you recieve of it. An example of this would be if you killed a mob with a $2000 'loot value' . You could recieve 2k in junk (alot) or 2k in implants or components (a little), or a combination of the two, all random of course.
As a runner's rank increases in relation to the mob, the total dollar amount of loot recieved is lowered, but as long as the loot's assigned value is within the total loot value, it can still drop. Now if all this is correct (or near enough), and the loot value is related to the resale value of the item, then tech parts should drop as long as still get paid for the kill.

Voodoochicken
09-08-03, 15:14
HEW Heavy Assault Drone FA-1000
or
The trusty MR-1000.

ie.. the slow moving drones with a low range from your body = they have much more armour, do more dmg and fire further.

Ignore the suggestion of using the GALs.. they suck. .simple as.

(ie.. it'll probably blow up in one hit)

Plus.. it feels like drone armour/health is affected by how much skill you have (ie RCL or WPW)..

I'd like to know at what time of day Lanigav hunts.. so I can avoid it.. (I bet it's between 01:00-04:00 GMT) ;)

Jolt
09-08-03, 15:46
lol ya i took that outa the air, never used any of the gal's myself, wbs could be killed with MR-100's back like 5 months ago. Im getting outa touch with age. ;p

Originally posted by Voodoochicken
Plus.. it feels like drone armour/health is affected by how much skill you have (ie RCL or WPW)..

I have my doubts about that, some of the low end drones die in one hit no mater how matter how weak the hit. Capping it i would expect it to survive one hit from a rat or something.

jernau
09-08-03, 15:47
Originally posted by Soothsayer
How many of you have lured a warbot to the City Merc guards, or a grim to the Twilight Guardian guards ? The npc ranks affect the loot table just like a runner's rank. The CM guards are ranked 80/80 (I believe) , but the warbots still drop tech parts, imps and junk.
I think that the loot table is based on a dollar amount with a set of items, each with their own price tag. If you recieve the full credit value for the kill, you recieve the max loot value. The more valuable the loot, the less you recieve of it. An example of this would be if you killed a mob with a $2000 'loot value' . You could recieve 2k in junk (alot) or 2k in implants or components (a little), or a combination of the two, all random of course.
As a runner's rank increases in relation to the mob, the total dollar amount of loot recieved is lowered, but as long as the loot's assigned value is within the total loot value, it can still drop. Now if all this is correct (or near enough), and the loot value is related to the resale value of the item, then tech parts should drop as long as still get paid for the kill.

We're pretty sure it doesn't work that way from what KK have said. As I understand it the way it works is kinda like this :

Each mob has a "pool" (list) of items it can drop and each of those items has a probability of dropping in each kill. These lists are part of the mob script so all WBs are the same for example. The comparative rank of the attacker(s) has a modifer effect on all the probabilities.

It seems that each item in the pool has it's drop chance calculated seperately as the "cash value" of drops can vary immensely and there are no mutually inclusive or exclusive combinations as far as I'm aware.

The questions we don't have answers for are :
1) if several people attack is it an average of their ranks, the rank of the highest-level char or the rank of the guy who did most damage or something else?
2a) does being teamed matter?
2b) what if you are the only one in the team to do damage?
3) are there other modifiers (eg. time of day, people in zone)
4) what are the critical points in the rank comparison, eg player rank=mob rank, player rank = 2x mob rank, 2x player rank= mob rank
5) we assume that combat rank has a large effect in the comparison but what about - actual rank, weapon TL, weapon skill level, etc. do they also have an effect?
6) does using damage boost or parashock have an effect?
7) what about class and weapon type - do they have an effect?
8a) for hackable mobs - does the hacker have an effect?
8b) if so - what about him? combat rank? hack skill? INT level? etc.?

Due to the random nature it's impossible for players to answer any of these questions and KK aren't gonna tell us :(

/edit -
@jolt - I've used MR1000s on WBs throughout retail

@voodoo - I've been playing a lot in that timeslot lately (to avoid the heatwave ;)) and I haven't noticed a difference from the 20:00-24:00 slot. I have yet to test the "time of hour" idea - I think I need to start logging more data to really get onto that one.
I also got that impression about armour/health - wold be nice to know for sure :rolleyes:

Jolt
09-08-03, 15:56
Value might be in there somewhere, like those times you only get one vehical comp 9 or 10 and no other loot, never seen anything other then expensive loot/imps drop like that.

jernau
09-08-03, 15:59
Originally posted by Jolt
Value might be in there somewhere, like those times you only get one vehical comp 9 or 10 and no other loot, never seen anything other then expensive loot/imps drop like that.

I've had single pieces of junk loot (few hundred creds from Yo stuff) out of WBTs several times. Those were solo kills with anything as low as /35.

Jolt
09-08-03, 16:20
mmm, never happened to me and ive kill thousands of wbs/wbts, only 1 piece loot drops was vehical comps 8-10 or any lv3 imp.

I really wish they would give us some hints ;.;

Futureman
09-08-03, 17:26
Yeah, no kidding. I went from lvl 75 dex to level 80 dex and all of a sudden WBs wouldn't drop good loot. Now i only have about half of teh rares for about half of the stuff that I want, so I don't know what to do now. I could level with a PE more, but then what do I do? Get capped? Then it will be worse. Are we supposed to get all of the rares before you can use them? Its a little hard to go to TG now because of the genrep rules etc, so what else is there to kill?

Richard Blade
09-08-03, 19:26
My Rifle Spy has been floating between 55/64 and 62/63.

I always (knock on wood) seem to get about 4 tech parts every 4 or 5 warbots. Less on the firemobs. But, the firemobs seem easier to kill.

I have noticed that I get no tech parts if someone else jumps in on my kill and I'm not teamed with them.

Just 2/100nc to throw in the mix.

Regards,
RB

Futureman
10-08-03, 01:26
well what the hell?

I have no clue maybe im just cursed. What weapon do you use?

Ark
10-08-03, 04:23
just killed about 15 wbs got 3 parts and some vehicle parts not that bad to bad i got the fucked up hackscreen =( dunno how to fix it

Promethius
10-08-03, 06:00
Originally posted by Futureman
i gotta admit though it is kinda cool runing around with no imps and the epic rifle from tangent. you really have nothing to loose. instead of finding a GR i just /set kill_self 1 to teleport

HAX omg omg EXPLOIt

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in all reality its not really THAT bad of an idea....ecept for the 43% synaptic.

Lanigav
10-08-03, 07:34
Where are you hunting? I haven't played much for a week or so but I was averaging about 1 tech for every 3 WBs and WBTs.

Primarily Northstar and Gabadium (well, at least until they implimented the retarded GR rules), as they have places that provide cover should they get within firing range. I've loitered around the adjoining sectors too, just to experiement, but came up with the same results.

I simply dont believe you... I just killed 25 warbots and got 11 tech parts, one broke. I dont think it's "THAT" bad... It's Impossible to have the luck you did.

Can't say I blame you for not believing me. It sounds really far out, but its true, and it REALLY sucks. Oh well, on the plus side I have enough warbot junk to supply me ammo for life. ;) Oh, forgot to mention, I've gotten roughly 20 lvl 3 imps from hunting. Kinda odd to get more high level imps than tech parts. :p

And I never got 11 tech parts even during the "tech part drop" heydays of old. 5 was the best I managed back then per hunting trip.

I'd like to know at what time of day Lanigav hunts.. so I can avoid it.. (I bet it's between 01:00-04:00 GMT)

Primarily late at night when the server pop is at its lowest (around 10 PM to 4 AM mostly, Pacific time). GMT that would be 6 AM to noon.

Richard Blade
10-08-03, 07:54
At near attack level 55 I'm using a Tangent epic rifle with xray mod. Capped damage and aiming. With the epic rifle, I sometimes use either the Lightbringer 2, or Reeza's Gaze. Didn't cap stats on either gun.

With the 62, fully capped tangent rifle and near capped Paineaser.

The differences in my rank and capping is all in my implant specking.

My skill rank is inflated by implants with a bonus around 25.

QuantumDelta
10-08-03, 07:57
Odd..... Lani, that's when I get my best loot.........................

Promethius
10-08-03, 08:14
Originally posted by FBI

<- might try vehicles

want a wheel chair you gimp =P

Promethius
10-08-03, 10:55
And I never got 11 tech parts even during the "tech part drop" heydays of old. 5 was the best I managed back then per hunting trip.

only 5...i use to get 40 an hour of hunting wbts. 2 tanks one ppu. we would wreck through the wbts.

Lanigav
11-08-03, 06:19
Well, I only got around 5 (more often is only 1 or 2) because there were more people hunting in those areas, and I wasn't uber shit yet so they always got the loot rights. Still, I'd take that 1 or 2 a day easily compared to the 1 or 2 every week or two that I'm getting now.

Promethius
11-08-03, 06:53
Well, I only got around 5 (more often is only 1 or 2) because there were more people hunting in those areas, and I wasn't uber shit yet so they always got the loot rights. Still, I'd take that 1 or 2 a day easily compared to the 1 or 2 every week or two that I'm getting now.

well if ur really tryin to haul in some techies yet u only bring in 1 - 2 a week, that tells me that A) yuor not tryin hard at all & B)you need more skillz in techy huntin.

The drop loot is ok in my opinion. If you actually try to get techies u cna get them in decent amounts. Also you need to kno where to go ^^

Lanigav
11-08-03, 06:59
Well, I don't really understand how someone could have poor skills in tech hunting. You just kill the enemy and loot/hack it right? Not much else you can do, and that's exactly what I do.

And yes, I am trying.

FBI
11-08-03, 08:12
i've confirmed that with the first rank below 50, you get techparts
less frequently or none at all.

Soon as i wen tto rank 50+, i got techparts frequenly. this is tested
over 3 days now.

Dargeshaad
11-08-03, 11:22
And I can confirm with a combat rank of 75 you won't get jackshit techparts ;P
Got like 1 techpart from killing 15-20 rank 76-120 monsters
But yes with my rank 52 char I get shitload of rares

GT_Rince
11-08-03, 11:48

Got to agree. I also wonder if part of the loot table takes into account, how many others are hunting for tech parts at the same time. Or maybe there is a limit that get dropped over a certain time period.

I have hunted WB's and sometimes got upto 30 parts in an hour (many with 2 parts per WB), then other times, I have killed 10-20 WB's and got maybe just 2-3 parts.

I really think there is some time-scale built into it, or a limit.