PDA

View Full Version : Dropping turrets while stealthed

Russian
08-08-03, 00:35
Stealth is ok, but they should not be able to run in and drop turrets in the OP while stealthed. That's total BS. KK, please look into it, if they can't fire weapons, why should they be able to attack while stealthed using turrets?

Arcadius
08-08-03, 00:41
Originally posted by Russian
Stealth is ok, but they should not be able to run in and drop turrets in the OP while stealthed. That's total BS. KK, please look into it, if they can't fire weapons, why should they be able to attack while stealthed using turrets?

yup yup I agree entirely. I'm guessing this happened to you? I was getting PA for various people so I didn't op fight today.

Here.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69654&highlight=turrets+stealth

MadDog
08-08-03, 00:43
yes.. guess who did it? i give you 1 guess?

If you cant win with 15 monks... try 6 gats layed by stealth..

I swear that clan cant win a battle in any traditional way what-so-ever.

Arcadius
08-08-03, 00:44
Maddog, is Laemin really a GM? Is your sig for real????????

MadDog
08-08-03, 00:45
yes laemin is a GM, and yes he said that to me in a ingame mail... i still have the mail saved.

Russian
08-08-03, 00:46
yeah it happened to me today and yesterday. Not going call any names, just think it should be fixed asap.

kurai
08-08-03, 00:58
Yep - I've seen the same tactic, and from the same clan/alliance too.

One of their spies in question even posted about it on this very forum while relating his side of the story about an OP battle.

In my view it's not a *tactic*, but a *bug*, and should be quoshed.

Also - the "lag" in OP handover after capture needs to be sorted.

You have the absurd situation where turrets above ground belong to the successful offensive clan, and those underground belong to the defeated defensive clan.

Now *that* is fucked up.

MadDog
08-08-03, 01:04
i just vote they take the ability to GR into the basement compeltely out of the game...

so many bugs and exploitish and all around crapy tactics come from that.

From the massive lag that happens when 20 people zerg out of the basement.

To the 'long-synchro' while zoning into and out of basement often ending in death.

To this stealthing out and placing turrets.

It makes OP battles crap. I want attacks like the good old days. One clan is inside the OP, the other attacks from the outside.

Zokk
08-08-03, 01:07
http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/indymisc/123123.jpg

I thought you had to play the game to be a GM? :confused:

Edit: err... and yeah, dropping turrets during an OP fight (while stealthed or not) is not cool...

You should have to be unstealthed to drop a turret.

You should have to have a tradeskill-type waiting period as you are "assembling" the turret in the field.

This "assembly" should have an animation and be very visable.

Weazle
08-08-03, 01:26
Originally posted by Zokk
Edit: err... and yeah, dropping turrets during an OP fight (while stealthed or not) is not cool...

Doing it while stealth is borderline ... just as rez killing was borderline before KK's official statement.

Now the first part I don't agree with you Zokk ... you should be able to deploy whatever defences at the OP your clan owns at any time even if this is during a fight (ignoring the stealth issue).

Its like saying "sorry but PPUs can only buff while outside the OP" ... that statement you made won't work at all. If its 3 spies versus a tank/PPU combo, dropping a turret while NOT USING STEALTH is a valid tactic at delaying the opposition.

Talios
08-08-03, 01:31
I have to say that it is a pretty good idea. I give credit to the guy that came up with it first. Its really something to see someone come up with new ideas/tactics when fighting in op wars instead of the usually raun around in circles and blast people.

hivemind
08-08-03, 01:39
I thought you had to play the game to be a GM?
You do, but you don't have to be any good at it, or really have any comprehension of end-game mechanics or the intricacies of capped-runner interaction on the battlefield.

I mean, if players who's names we recognized became GMs, wouldn't we notice they were gone?

KK, I think, prefers to hire "nobodies" as GMs. It's a good policy in general, it should help prevent system abuses since the person who's now a GM doesn't have any real in-game affiliations with powerful clans or factions. But I think that's why we see a certain degree of cluelessness from time to time.

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 01:47
Infact there are very few GMs which are as clued up ("1337") as certain runners.

Heh, oh well.

Berzerker
08-08-03, 01:47
YEh I always thought insta spawn turrets were a wacky idea. You should have to actually build them, and it should take a little time. Not talking 1/2 hour or something daft like that. Just regular contrution time. Perhaps you should even have TC to build them. They would have to make em a bit lighter though so spies could carry a couple.

Or keep em as they are, exept make em so heavy only a tank can carry the fuckers.

Berzerker
08-08-03, 01:51
Originally posted by MadDog
yes laemin is a GM, and yes he said that to me in a ingame mail... i still have the mail saved.

Well if he is really a GM. It sorta looks like the GM,s have no clue wtf there doing.

Pitspawn
08-08-03, 02:01
Turrets should require construction time of 30-60 seconds. Even if your stealthed that means you'd need an obliterator to plant one. If a spy manages to stand still stealthed for 30 seconds in the middle of an op and plant a turret then the opposing clan deserves an ass whoopin'

KK, I think, prefers to hire "nobodies" as GMs

You'd be suprised, most of the gms will tell you they have capped chars but rarely on which server. I think there was a post where a good few number of gms posted what sort of char/level they play. One of them i remember saying they had a TOTALLY capped spy on pluto O_o Ive got a few hunches on who i think are gms, ofc ill keep my hunches to myself.

QuantumDelta
08-08-03, 02:23
GMs aren't silly, they just don't often play a great deal after they become GMs o_O

zanzan
08-08-03, 02:46
yes the tactic is lame but it does wonders :)
they really should add a constructon time to the turrets BUT allow it to be stealth dropped

Ryuben
08-08-03, 03:15
its a tactic use when u think its almost over :) so u get pissed off at an annoyance of haveing to kill the $%@# ing thing before u can continue and this gives them time to regroup re-buff and re-attck you which some people don't like :p

surely this is makeing fights last longer which is what people wanted :rolleyes:

Arcadius
08-08-03, 03:16
Btw spies should be able to drop landmines that are "set off" after like 5 seconds of whoever is in the vicinity.

Nvidia
08-08-03, 04:40
I will agree that this is lame, and when fighting at Tezla today (AWESOME Battle BTW) we had a few stealthers lay Gat turrets. Of course, it made the battle last longer, and it was awesome watching all the tanks whip out their Moon Strikers and AoE the hell out of them.

However, at the same time, I agree that there should be a time amount where you cannot move while setting them up. I also think that the turret should be building visibly, so you know to AoE the area. That way, the stealther takes a risk of getting himself killed, but at the same time, if he actually manages to get it up, the attacking clan's in for a roadblock that has the potential to hurt like hell.

MadDog
08-08-03, 05:24
there is a difference between laying down a few turrets for good defence to delay attackers and having spys stealth out of basement and lay down 6 gat 3s ... we are talking about a even battle being destroyed by people who cant stand to lose.

PsiCorps
08-08-03, 09:03
i remeber when i was testing resists and had a gm with us, the gm tried to stack holy heal on people, rofl he was like "jeez healing takes alot of mana"

Crest
08-08-03, 09:49
If the topic is about laying turrets then my question is relevant, as the Stealth laying turrets have been answered.....

Can you set the security levels from any Hypercom or just from the Op it self ?

Lord Mansion
08-08-03, 11:50
Originally posted by Crest
If the topic is about laying turrets then my question is relevant, as the Stealth laying turrets have been answered.....

Can you set the security levels from any Hypercom or just from the Op it self ?

Any citycom will allow you to change the security settings....

Ryuben
08-08-03, 13:10
Originally posted by MadDog
there is a difference between laying down a few turrets for good defence to delay attackers and having spys stealth out of basement and lay down 6 gat 3s ... we are talking about a even battle being destroyed by people who cant stand to lose.

oh stfu so it isn't destorying it when a group of 8 people defend an OP and 5 yes fucking 5 clans attack to get the op back ??

i have had that happen to me before

group of 6 took an op then 3 clans (over 30 people) came to take it back

next time about 10 of us 5 clans against us :eek: one clan even broke its NAP to attack us ffs

stop whineing and deal with it like a man ffs.

Berzerker
08-08-03, 15:18
Well I'm decided.

I think it's funny as fuck. Don't nerf it. The Spy is suposed to do clever shit.

MadDog
08-08-03, 22:21
oh stfu so it isn't destorying it when a group of 8 people defend an OP and 5 yes fucking 5 clans attack to get the op back ??

LOL

this post isnt about that battle lamer...

and dont give shit about 5 clans attacking you when it was 3, pimp, dark, gang... and it just so happen it took 3 clans to take the OP in the first place (bladerunners, tgm, SS). So 3 clans took the OP back from 3 clans... how about you cry me a river.

BUT, no sorry this post wasnt about that battle. It was about a roughly 15 vs 15 battle against nda at tristar.

SorkZmok
13-08-03, 01:51
Up with it :D

This seriously needs to be changed, one Stealther can bring a whole army down or at least cause some damn big troubles and turn a whole battlel with this shit o_O

IronMonkey
13-08-03, 04:57
ryuben lol u in red symphony? That just happend to us the other day 5 clans came to take tescom from us 10 vs 40 lol one clan broke their NAP with us to do it heh

noone dropped stealth turrets in our battle btw. eh we like to fight like men( and women) tooth and nail

i tend to kinda liek to keep these kinda threads posts IG though