PDA

View Full Version : Is Pluto Hacked?

Mankind
07-08-03, 19:46
I think this might be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me, but one thing is for sure; it's never happened at Saturn.

I'm leveling with my friend in the aggressor sewers. He has to go help his dad with something, so we both wait in the Diamond Real Estate building in Plaza1. I go get something to eat and come back and about 100 people are yelling at me to take them off their buddy list. The only person I ever put on my buddy list there was my friend, because we were both new to Pluto and had no friends. Both of us had joined a clan, but the weirder thing is that people in my buddy list, who weren't even in the clan I was in, could hear every word I was saying in 'CLAN' mode.

So how did all of those buddies get onto my list? Obviously someone had to add them. They didn't just type themselves in. And now half of Pluto's population know my name because I was on their buddy list. So, if someone can give me a valid answer why I am getting people on my buddy list I don't know, I'd appreciate it. For now, I'm kind of skeptical about going back to Pluto after all of the stories I have heard and now this. It's actually kind of scary. Be the judge of it yourself, is Pluto hacked?

Hidden Godoffej
07-08-03, 19:48
Aw don't tell me this, I <3 pluto. Did you re-log? If so, were the names still there? What stories about Pluto!? I'm gonna be scared now...
*hides in a corner and curls into a fetal position*

Helen Angilley
07-08-03, 19:49
Better question:

How many people on Pluto have downloaded third party programs?

Psycho Killa
07-08-03, 19:51
Ive had other people names on my budyd lists before.... Sometimes i zone and end up in someone elses body... when i relog im back in my body but i have all my buddy + there buddy list + even sometimes i have 2 names in direct.... all i did was just delete the extra names and it doesnt happen to often to be considered a big deal. Maybe 2 times ever to me.

NeoWolfie
I've had it happen on Saturn.. it's just a random bug.

Kinda like how your not in a team anymore but even after relogging you can hear everything being said in your old team.

jernau
I had something similar on Saturn a few weeks ago but not as extreme.

I gained about 5-10 people on my buddy list that I'd never heard of was all. Oddly a lot of the names wouldn't resolve (just stayed on <scanning>). It only happened for a day or two though and I'd forgotten it till I read this thread.

Mankind
07-08-03, 19:55
@Hidden:
I relogged, zoned, closed game down, switched servers, etc. Names were still there. It's not exactly the worst thing, but I have to manually get rid of all of those names. The point is I don't care that they are on there, I care how they got on there.

@Helen:
You're looking at one person who doesn't download 3rd party programs. And if I did, why wouldn't it affect Saturn? I have spyware programs, and antivirus programs. None showing any viruses or hidden keyloggers or such. I'm careful with what I do on my computer, and I'm not some soccer mom that accidently downloads Gator and a week later she's got some guy named "Pub17" telling her hes a L337 h4x0r and he's gonna rape her PC in 5 seconds.

msdong
07-08-03, 19:56
buddy is nothing more them the miracle within the database. with database problems happening every time i did not find something special there .

Cyphor
07-08-03, 19:56
never had people on my buddy list that shouldnt be but on both pluto and saturn ive ended up on peoples buddy lists who ive never met b4

Mankind
07-08-03, 19:58
All of those things everyone has said have already happened to me; random synching, body changing, hearing team still. This has never happened to me til now. And it's very odd that an extreme amount of people were added to my buddy list while I was sitting down.

Hidden Godoffej
07-08-03, 19:59
You're looking at one person who doesn't download 3rd party programs. And if I did, why wouldn't it affect Saturn? I have spyware programs, and antivirus programs. None showing any viruses or hidden keyloggers or such. I'm careful with what I do on my computer, and I'm not some soccer mom that accidently downloads Gator and a week later she's got some guy named "Pub17" telling her hes a L337 h4x0r and he's gonna rape her PC in 5 seconds.

HE USED THE G-WORD! *dies*

Nooo... my grandmother downloaded that, and it took forever to get rid of it. Urk. *passes out, chokes on shoelaces*

joran420
07-08-03, 20:14
not a hack that happened to me once about 6 months ago...its just a bug

{MD}GeistDamnit
07-08-03, 20:24
I am on uranus and have NEVER downloaded anything onto this my work/slash/neocron :D pc, yet I had a buddy list a mile long with ppl I did not put.

Bottom line, it's a bug .......err O_o I hope.

Archeus
07-08-03, 20:39
I mute buddy chat. Here is why.

I help a new player to level up. They are "Thanks a lot! If I need your help can I call you again?". I tell them sure.

They see an option that says "Buddy"... -_-

Now 3 weeks later I get a one way conversation about how the guy is cheating on GF or talking to his friends levelling up with things like "Ha I killed another aggressor!" or other conversation that I could not be bothtered joining in on.

Now imagine 5-6 of those running at the same time. -_-

The buddy chat should really be like a quick list selection for direct chat (with selecting multiple people if needs be).

{MD}GeistDamnit
07-08-03, 20:50
Originally posted by Archeus
I mute buddy chat. Here is why.

I help a new player to level up. They are "Thanks a lot! If I need your help can I call you again?". I tell them sure.

They see an option that says "Buddy"... -_-

Now 3 weeks later I get a one way conversation about how the guy is cheating on GF or talking to his friends levelling up with things like "Ha I killed another aggressor!" or other conversation that I could not be bothtered joining in on.

Now imagine 5-6 of those running at the same time. -_-

The buddy chat should really be like a quick list selection for direct chat (with selecting multiple people if needs be).

yep me too man. also you could have long time friends that put you on buddy as you have done to them, but every time they talking to another buddy, you have to hear it as well.They need to fix buddy chat so it is like direct.

-FN-
07-08-03, 20:58
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Better question:

How many people on Pluto have downloaded third party programs?

I have *never* used a third party program. If I'm playing NC I have AIM and maybe winamp running in the background. The closest thing to third party I've ever used is the map from neocrom.ems.ru, yet my account was hacked :(

But to your problem Mankind, I've had that happen before. The first half of my Buddy List was there, then there were about 20 more people on the end of it that I never put there but had to delete. I don't use the Buddy list anymore tho because it was a half-ass implemented chat section. If anything, FACTION should get it's own button, not BUDDY.

Ren
07-08-03, 22:34
we used to log on in beta and find that if one person added us to buddy, the whole fucking world was in....

t'was funny screaming at people.

its defo not a hack...

CarniFlex
07-08-03, 23:46
*cough* new dawn whining bout haxx0ring (again)

seriously though it happens on all servers, its a zone into other ppls bodies then zone back into yours but buddylist is added,trippled,squared into sixtuplets etc... not hacked.

Dade Murphey
08-08-03, 00:55
it's just a bug...I somehow ended up on someones buddy list one time but I wasn't listed...I'd never seen or talked to the guy...just happened...your problem was probably just a glitch like the bodywarping thing...not a big deal...why would just start assuming someone's hacking pluto with all the weird random bugs that spring up outta nowhere?