PDA

View Full Version : questions/comments/poll of/about various things

Frotto
07-08-03, 19:22
Ok, first off... why is a stealth tool considered a WEAPON... my spy got blasted by some copbots when i didnt put up my deadly stealth tool... That was annoying.

if you have negative sympathy with sed faction, is the only way to raise it the repeated killing of another faction... seems kinda bloody doesnt it?

Next, why cant we shoot, heal (ppu style), or hack while stealthed...

Why does the CA have the only "faction only" epic item... this is uter bs... it gives that one faction an upper hand that none of the other factions have... i think the faction req should be removed (puts on heavy fire resist belt)

Are all faction items exempt from dropping into your belt when you die?

and..um.. well.... i had more but just had a memory dump and forgot everything... so ya... anyone?

ghandisfury
07-08-03, 19:49
Ca PA doesn't give "the upper hand"....you're right, stealth shouldn't be a weapon, neither should anti-para, catharis, antistealth sanctum.....etc.

You can't hack/heal/buff while stealthed because the opposing characters can't target you.

Yes, all epic items are exempt from dropping as are tools, and the item in your safeslot.

Now my question.....shouldn't this be moved to the noob forum :p

Frotto
07-08-03, 19:53
how can you say it doesnt give an upper hand its twice the armor of any other spy from any other faction... it give ca tanks pa at str 40, it give ca pe's pa at str 40, it give spies the best armor they can have after str cap (which doesnt take long) but its all only for ca. and as far as your noob comment i've probably been around as long as you have if not longer.. so dont be a dick

Hidden Godoffej
07-08-03, 20:07
Ok, first off... why is a stealth tool considered a WEAPON... my spy got blasted by some copbots when i didnt put up my deadly stealth tool... That was annoying.
Being sneaky-sneaky probably makes the copbots edgy. If you walk into a gas station with a ski mask on, do you think the guy behind the counter is going to be friendly?

if you have negative sympathy with sed faction, is the only way to raise it the repeated killing of another faction... seems kinda bloody doesnt it?
It goes up over time, as well... unless I'm horribly mistaken o_O

Next, why cant we shoot, heal (ppu style), or hack while stealthed...
An invisible person healing, shooting, or hacking? One word: "N3RF!"

Why does the CA have the only "faction only" epic item... this is uter bs... it gives that one faction an upper hand that none of the other factions have... i think the faction req should be removed (puts on heavy fire resist belt)
From what I've heard, the copbot armor is nothing to get excited about anyway, unless you're a PE. On another note, instead of removing the requirement, why not add it to all epic items? This would discourage faction-hopping. o_O

Don't think I'm being hostile; I'm just blunt sometimes :p

Cyphor
07-08-03, 20:22
shooting and hacking while stealthed is WAY too overpowered, you can be targeted except with aew, and even then its hard too see where you are...Healing while stealthed on the other hand i wouldnt be against this, when you heal you'd be making yourself visable (big yellow snow thingys) :p

Edit: oh and on the ca armour topic, how would it make sense to have Tg running around in cop bot armour, the armour of their enemies? Think of it like a ca uniform, it does give good benifits reeza has worked to give his soldiers the best equipment possible. Also the other epic items are just as good, but mabey when tg epic comes in give them as a anti- city faction a armour just as good to give people more choice and stop the idiots ruining rp by having half their clan ca, but rp from a tg point of vire O_o

ghandisfury
07-08-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Cyphor
shooting and hacking while stealthed is WAY too overpowered, you can be targeted except with aew, and even then its hard too see where you are...Healing while stealthed on the other hand i wouldnt be against this, when you heal you'd be making yourself visable (big yellow snow thingys) :p

If this happened, then you would also have to be targetable.......stealth is fine the way it is.

Frotto, you're right, I was being a dick :D On the other hand, CA PA isn't really that good, and if you read the test server notes, there will be many more faction sensative items in the next few patches.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 20:29
Originally posted by Hidden Godoffej
Being sneaky-sneaky probably makes the copbots edgy. If you walk into a gas station with a ski mask on, do you think the guy behind the counter is going to be friendly?

I think the proper analogy is ski mask in your hand, not being worn. Also the guy behind the counter won't just shoot you in the face either.

GOD I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE RL COMPARISONS. lol