PDA

View Full Version : Define "ninja hacking"

BramTops
07-08-03, 16:12
I'd like to know what everyone thinks is "ninja-hacking". Select max 2 options!

MAJOR
07-08-03, 16:17
See Synchronizers and R2K and RDZ for deatails

Archeus
07-08-03, 16:18
"when attacking team immediatly leaves after the hack".

Back in 1 hack to take op days, ninja hackers would hack, move, hack, move then return when the groups had moved to another op. No intrest in fighting or holding. Just taking.

Although I can see more people ninja hacking because they are annoyed they can't get a GR to the location.

greendonkeyuk
07-08-03, 16:23
Ninja hackin is waiting till all of the opposing clans people have logged and then hacking their op.

Pitspawn
07-08-03, 16:32
TBH ninja hacking is lame but lets be honest, if you cant defend an op 24/7 you dont deserve it. I always used to get mad when id wake up in the morning to see our ops hacked. What did NDA do? We recruited more american players to combat those who try to take our ops overnight. It works most of the time too.

The only thing i think is lame is when one spy randomly hacks a first layer, hits stealth and runs off. That really cheeses me off. Stealth should be disabled for 1 minute after hacking, at least that way we got a chance of killing the fucker.

garyu69
07-08-03, 16:41
I think its fun to hack then Run off, hehe

Trip
07-08-03, 16:48
hack and runs are fun but mainly coz u piss em off that way :)
my definition of ninja hacking:
3 spies hack OP. Run off. Retaliatory clan comes in hacks back and stays put there. if NO effort is made AT ALL to maintain the OP by the attackers then they dont deserve it and they're ninja hackers. Of course if the 3 spies DO hack an OP and the defending team makes NO effort to maintain it still then i believe the defense deserves it.

petek480
07-08-03, 17:38
Ninja hacking ops is when a group of people go around hacking other clans ops with no intent of fighting anyone that comes to defend the ops.

Laurens
07-08-03, 17:45
So when we hack an op with 3 hackers and 5 other runners. Of a clan that has 4 players online but has many allies.. and we stay for about 30 mins to defend.. for any possible attacks.. is that ninja hacking?

MadDog
07-08-03, 18:10
The only thing i think is lame is when one spy randomly hacks a first layer, hits stealth and runs off. That really cheeses me off

LOL

Im glad you dont like it... cus your member woo has done this 3 times to cycrow within a 2 day period...

greendonkeyuk
07-08-03, 18:11
no infinity its not

Sleawer
07-08-03, 18:29
when attacking team consists only of the 3 hackers

If they stand in the OP and fight the owners I dont consider it ninja hack

when defending clan has (almost) no runners online

We should analyze the situation here, small clans own OP's, and attackers doesnt have to check all the day the list if they are online or not. Bad is when the attacker clan "wait" until the owner of the OP goes online.

Also the timezones are a problem, I only would call this ninja hack in few situations.

when attacking team immediatly leaves after the hack

In my opinion pure ninja hack, if you dont want to defend the OP, then you shouldnt hack it in first place.

when attacking team does not add more defenses

Nah, not ninja, just a money problem :p

when attacking clan only tries once - doesn't realy have interest in the op

In my opinion this is ninja and annoying hack.

when attacking teams sleeps with the defending teams dead animals

heh, I would call it with another name :D

These are my two votes then, about this annoying "tactic" of ninja hack :)

Hayato
07-08-03, 19:09
I go with Pit on this one, if u cant defend your op at all times you dont deserve to have it. I have seen that "ninja" hacking is harder to do onPluto with so many alliances between clans.

Frotto
07-08-03, 19:12
Hm... ninja hacking is a very broad term now... my personal definition for it is when someone just runs up to the control terminal and hacks it then leaves... waiting for the clan to go to sleep to attack their ops is either cowardice or smart i cant decide which... its common practice in WAR to wait til the enemy is vulnerable. at the same time it is just a game and we cant all be on all the time ... so its a toss up.

Sythlie
07-08-03, 19:18
RL, taking territory is easy. Holding it is another matter entirely. I see no reason why Ops should be any different. The game would be a lot more interesting if clans took only took the bases they could and intended to defend. Also, a clan should have to periodically reassert their control over a territory or lose it.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 20:04
RL comparisons. lmao, they always make me laugh.

In real life you die you don't come back. In real life there isn't some annoying prat running around who's invincible and brings his friends back to life.

Hayato
07-08-03, 20:18
On my RL Server they DO!!

Sythlie
07-08-03, 20:31
In real life you die you don't come back.Yeah, you do when considered from a group perspective. It's called reinforcements.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 20:32
Originally posted by Sythlie
Yeah, you do when considered from a group perspective. It's called reinforcements.

I was talking about the individual. Not that hard to understand. :rolleyes:

In real life, you can kill off your enemies. You can't do that in-game, they ALWAYS come back the same people same etc.... DO I have to keep going? :rolleyes:

Tregard
07-08-03, 20:59
Actually I define it as a team of 3 that hacks and runs and hacks another ad nauseum....:mad:

Berzerker
08-08-03, 05:47
Ninja hacking is a term invented by clans who can't be arsed to defend there OP's.

Then there is a cetain TT clan we all Know definition. If they do not have there entire Clan on line, and you hack a base. It is in there veiw, a Ninja hack.

El_MUERkO
08-08-03, 16:24
Real Life is a crap mod and everyone knows it, Natural Selection is ten times better

BramTops
10-08-03, 15:41
until now, most votes go to "when defending clan has (almost) no runners online"

hmm.. let me make a new 3 player (hackers) clan and take all ops (with allies) and never be online again. other clans would ninja-hack if they took it back?!?!

That suxors... Ninja hacking has, imho, NOTHING to do with the amount of defending clan members online... Clan's who cant hold an op shouldn't have on in the first place.

Imho it's not a ninja hack if attacking party (regardless of how many players) stays there long enough for defending clan to respond. This will be easier if the time to hack an op would be increased a LOT (3 mins between hacks in stead of 30 seconds or something).

hnlecter
10-08-03, 15:44
I would put other when you have to fight 2 other clans that are allied to the clans base you are hacking.

KRIMINAL99
10-08-03, 16:24
Ninja hacking is taking an OP at any time when the owning clan doesn't have enough people to defeat you. :rolleyes:

Hidden Godoffej
10-08-03, 16:26
Ninja hacking is taking an OP at any time when the owning clan doesn't have enough people to defeat you.

Err... So taking an op, period, is ninja hacking?

I mean, that definition states that if you win, you're ninja hacking.

KRIMINAL99
11-08-03, 00:23
Originally posted by Hidden Godoffej
Err... So taking an op, period, is ninja hacking?

I mean, that definition states that if you win, you're ninja hacking.

Im sorry next time Ill use when making a statement like that....

Yeah thats pretty much the way its used isnt it?