PDA

View Full Version : vehicles? servers? hello?

Thane
07-08-03, 15:27
oooooooooookai.... now let me phrase it in 3 letters:

wtf ??

why is it that there are BPs of the new vehicles on jupiter allready, but not one damn blueprint on pluto?

do we HAVE to play on all servers now to see the full game???
when do we get em on pluto? i for my part actually WANT em too, now imagine that :D

so.....

wtf?!

Kasumi
07-08-03, 17:52
Plutos always last to get anything remember that :)

ReefSmoker
07-08-03, 17:57
You serious Thane ? bps on Jupiter but not the other servers of the new vehicles ? I hope KK have a good explanation for this, I'm rapidly running out of patience with their cock-ups, screw-ups, and overall favouritism towards a certain section of the community...

Take care,

ReefSmoker

msdong
07-08-03, 17:58
Originally posted by Thane

wtf ??

why is it that there are BPs of the new vehicles on jupiter allready, but not one damn blueprint on pluto?
maybe the gamemaster found no TG researcher to give him the BP :)

bps on Jupiter but not the other servers of the new vehicles

well it looks like. a huge thread in the german forum. and my friend from jupi told me they are in. i see no posts in other forums them the german. well - or it was given to some wise guys that keeps them secret.

juvestar15
07-08-03, 18:04
Anyone check if Jupiter has DOY?
Wouldn't suprise me. :D

Ryuben
07-08-03, 18:37
ffs ladies they could jsut give it to them to test to make sure its ok for the rest of tyhe servers ;) if it crashes jupiter u will all be laughing if it doesn't then we will ahve them soon enough.

but seriously uranus should have got em as it has nothing else :D:D:lol::lol:

ReefSmoker
07-08-03, 18:55
Originally posted by Ryuben
ffs ladies they could jsut give it to them to test to make sure its ok for the rest of tyhe servers ;)

Ermm Hellloooooo !!! *slap slap slap* Wake up and smell the coffee my fine fellow !

Test server, these vehicles are being tested. They haven't been introduced to retail yet and the excuse Reakktor gave us was that the new vehicles are not ready for retail yet.

Now tell me why something that apparently wasn't ready for retail is on Jupiter and not the other servers - it's either ready or it's not, if it's not ready then they shouldn't be on Jupiter, if the new vehicles are ready then they should be on all servers.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this public service announcement from ReefSmoker Inc, relax and have a nice day !

*post ends with a poorly composed jingle from some evil advert*

ncadict
07-08-03, 19:14
Beacuse at usual its pure favortism towards zee germanz as its allways been to b quite honsest my patience is running out with KK they seem to have no clue of how to do anything.

my 2 cents

Nad btw what the fuk uyp with uranus servers ive just logged off as the laggs horrific and my tank turned into a monk and my monk turned into a pe i smell another roll back coming this games starting to suck major dick.

Tycho C
07-08-03, 19:15
Well, Reef, I think we've seen plenty examples in the past of things that worked on the test server but for some odd reason didnt work on the retail servers at first. Better to lose one server to a crash than all of them ;)

I cant think of any onther reason that they could have been released early other than someone made an oops :p

edit:assuming no fowl play... *QUACK*

Lexxuk
07-08-03, 19:17
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Ermm Hellloooooo !!! *slap slap slap* Wake up and smell the coffee my fine fellow !

*post ends with a poorly composed jingle from some evil advert*

U'r flames r always the nicest reefie :D and that jingly, OMG, UR EVIL!!! :p (btw, 13 days tops till meh town gets ADSL :D)

Anyway, the BP's are there? But are the vehicles? Can the BP's be turned into vehicles, or are they just useless BP's?

Tazo
07-08-03, 19:19
funny...

currently, the germans are complaining that the english servers always get everything first... now they wont even get a german NeMa anymore.

meanwhile, the english are complaining that the german servers always get everything first... because those crappy (go check them out on testserver) vehicles didnt get introduced to the other servers yet.

ironic, no? :cool:

alig
07-08-03, 19:20
wow kk just showing there quality 'customer focused' attitude.....:rolleyes: .....and again.......:rolleyes:

kk r t3h sh!t

Uranus should hav everything before anyone else.....we hav the lag, the shit balanced server and all n all the wankest experience of neocron at its finest moments!!o_O

ncadict
07-08-03, 19:23
^^ What Alig said

msdong
07-08-03, 19:47
Originally posted by ncadict
Beacuse at usual its pure favortism towards zee germanz as its allways been ....

lol, if you would have little more knowledge them prejudice you would have noticed that they stoped the "Germanz Nema" for their beloved ppl.
so stfu learn german and be a lucky person because MJS is posting more in "english forum"(who cares).

Originally posted by Tazo
funny... ironic, no? :cool:

it is. were lucky to get the whole picture. man it would be fun if i could read the bitching in french forums :p

ncadict
07-08-03, 19:50
"lol, if you would have little more knowledge them prejudice you would have noticed that they stoped the "Germanz Nema" for their beloved ppl.
so stfu learn german and be a lucky person because MJS is posting more in "english forum"(who cares)."

i serve u a big plate of STFU pie

Beefheart
07-08-03, 19:52
Is it really so important? I mean, if jupiter server gets BP's (I remind everyone that the thread is about BP's, not of the actual vehicles being there) a few days or a week ahead of the other servers so what? Are they going to build them all and come marauding over the server plains like a well honed panzer division and blitz the remaining servers into submission ? Is the issue that someone maybe will go to jupiter, try them out, figure the best way to use one, then return to his home server so that when the vehicles DO get there he'll be the "UbEr L33T H4X0r" for a day or 2, riding the wastes in his trike and shouting "! Pwnz J00" till everyone else gets one ?

The game already has plenty of vehicles, and people hardly use them. I don't remember ever seeing anyone going on ops raids and taking their tanks (maybe, once or twice they'd take the apc) so whats the big deal. If anyone thinks we are going to be seeing clans like new dawn or nda riding around the wastes on the trikes like something out of a bad B movie (death race 2000 comes to mind) I doubt it will happen.

If another server gets them a week ahead of time, it really doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 19:53
Anyone remeber the VHC reqs for the first Trike?

Danae
07-08-03, 19:53
If you cannot keep the conversation civil, don't bother entering it.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 19:57
Originally posted by Beefheart
Is it really so important? I mean, if jupiter server gets BP's (I remind everyone that the thread is about BP's, not of the actual vehicles being there) a few days or a week ahead of the other servers so what? Are they going to build them all and come marauding over the server plains like a well honed panzer division and blitz the remaining servers into submission ? Is the issue that someone maybe will go to jupiter, try them out, figure the best way to use one, then return to his home server so that when the vehicles DO get there he'll be the "UbEr L33T H4X0r" for a day or 2, riding the wastes in his trike and shouting "! Pwnz J00" till everyone else gets one ?

LMAO

I love this guy.

The game already has plenty of vehicles, and people hardly use them. I don't remember ever seeing anyone going on ops raids and taking their tanks (maybe, once or twice they'd take the apc) so whats the big deal.

Good point. Btw recently i've started using vehicles in op wars to scout for snipers or escape if i'm almost dead. I just wish they were immune to "blowing up" as soon as you get off of it.

ReefSmoker
07-08-03, 19:58
To clarify my standpoint, I don't even drive any of the vehicles in the game, I have no vehicle skills whatsoever. I do however firmly believe in fairness and a distinct lack of prejudice. I would bitch about this matter regardless of whether they released these vehicles on Pluto or Jupiter first. I wouldn't make a fuss if they released them on Uranus first because everyone knows Uranus need all the loving they can get ;)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Lucjan
07-08-03, 20:01
Reefie, this favorisation of certain parts of the NC player base is not true. I sticked for quite some time on Jupiter and there were things Jupiter got first, and things Pluto got first. It is pretty equal about the things we get "first".

When it comes to information I would even say we get the most stuff. That actually would be a reason for the german speaking players to bitch ;-) But then again, most of these information comes from mods and GMs, so, well, english community guys are the overpowered guys :)

Cyphor
07-08-03, 20:02
If people cast their minds back, it was in the patch notes that the veh had been implimented BUT can only be given out by gm's at events etc

So there was prob an event on jupiter where the veh were given out and then the players bped them and they went into circulation.

No events on saturn down to they way players act at them, so its their fault. And on pluto...no idea :(

However i might be wrong but that seems like the simplest explanation :rolleyes:

ncadict
07-08-03, 20:04
everyone mentions Pluto, Jupiter and Saturn what about Uranus i got 4 Chars there all capped or nearly capped we get fuk all.

All we got is a server that constantly lags syncs and fuks up and is rolled back im sick and fuking tired of it tbh and i know many are SO PLEASE FFS GIVE URANUS SOME LOVING

Thanatos
07-08-03, 20:06
As far as I know there were no plans to release the vehicles on one server prior to any others.
If Callash didn't release them in an event (I didn't have a chance to ask him yet), they must have "leaked" and we'll investigate.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 20:09
Way to go Thane, now you're gonna get someone in trouble. :p

Cyphor
07-08-03, 20:10
Originally posted by ncadict
everyone mentions Pluto, Jupiter and Saturn what about Uranus i got 4 Chars there all capped or nearly capped we get fuk all.

All we got is a server that constantly lags syncs and fuks up and is rolled back im sick and fuking tired of it tbh and i know many are SO PLEASE FFS GIVE URANUS SOME LOVING

Sorry, i only have chars on pluto and saturn so dont know much about uranus, so i refrained from commenting on it :)

How about give all servers the same event where veh are given out? Like the events recently...mass spawn one and the beach party...have to let the gms decide what to do about saturn...mabey ban the grifers who like to ruin events from the event thus preventing them from being one of the first to get the veh's and make them miss a fun event :)

Thorpe
07-08-03, 20:32
Originally posted by Thanatos
As far as I know there were no plans to release the vehicles on one server prior to any others.
If Callash didn't release them in an event (I didn't have a chance to ask him yet), they must have "leaked" and we'll investigate.

Last Saturday was an event on jupiter where N.E.X.T. introduced the new trikes to the public.

Two trikes were auctioned and after the event N.E.X.T. faction members could get BPs for the trikes.

I don't know if Callash was involved, but the N.E.X.T. faction counsellor was there and it seemed to me like an official event. I also think, that this event was announced in one of the last neochronicles...

It was also said that the other vehicles weren't completed yet, so no BPs or keys of those were given out.

FirestarXL
07-08-03, 20:39
Originally posted by Lexxuk
(btw, 13 days tops till meh town gets ADSL :D)

omg, you were beaten by Camborne? The shame! :D

(Says a Camborner who hasn't been back there in a while :lol: )

{MD}GeistDamnit
07-08-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Thane

wtf ??

do we HAVE to play on all servers now to see the full game???
when do we get em on pluto? i for my part actually WANT em too, now imagine that :D

so.....

wtf?!

probably because mj and teh devs only play on their natiave language for recreation :p

Lexxuk
07-08-03, 21:58
Originally posted by FirestarXL
omg, you were beaten by Camborne? The shame! :D

(Says a Camborner who hasn't been back there in a while :lol: )

blergh, i r at truro college thing in camborne today, at the ole fire station, camborne is horrible, though some of the chick there got nice ti... err... teeth, ya, teeth, thats it :D

Beanie McChimp
07-08-03, 22:25
ncadict im with you the lag is terrible then on top of this pluto gets the bps early (btw wheres this so called "event").
I think a boycott is in order every person on uranus for a boycott
that will teach em and maybe get DoY early nah thats probaly never going to come out i read sum where its ready but waiting for a new publisher HURRY UP AND REALEASE IT FFS.

MrBane
07-08-03, 22:59
They had the NEXT vehicle presentation server, which will eventually come round to the other servers.

AS you all have noticed, there is often a gap of a few days, sometimes longer, between the same events happening on different servers.

For crying out loud, live with it. It's not a big bloody deal.

Lebowski
07-08-03, 23:19

The game already has plenty of vehicles, and people hardly use them. I don't remember ever seeing anyone going on ops raids and taking their tanks (maybe, once or twice they'd take the apc) so whats the big deal. If anyone thinks we are going to be seeing clans like new dawn or nda riding around the wastes on the trikes like something out of a bad B movie (death race 2000 comes to mind) I doubt it will happen.

If another server gets them a week ahead of time, it really doesn't seem to be a big deal.

I like you reefie, but this guy has a point tbh. It would only be unfair if it was say City admin that only got the vehicles and not the rest of the player base. Server to server is a different matter entirely. From the sounds of it it seems these things are getting released by the event dudes, so I'm sure Pluto will no doubt see them shortly.

Lebowski

:cool:

Thane
08-08-03, 13:55
Originally posted by Thanatos

*G*

mission accomplished.. hehe.... gogogo gadgetto GMs... and find the evil leak0r!

*me does the donce of the evil leaker*

Spy<VS>Spy
08-08-03, 17:01
Listen guys, i'm a full time driver on pluto. and let me tell you, i test these things on the test server and they are not that good. vehicles still suck...their weapons are NOT practical.

they either dont do enough damage, dont do it fast enough, dont shoot far enough or dont lock onto anything smaller then a grim chaser.

not only that i have YET to see a serious significant work over of requirements, atm the only asshole which is going to drive the assualt trike, is a PE...and to be honost, its the ONLY trike worth driving because of the rapid fire missles, which again, isnt that good but honostly the strongest vehicle mounted weapon in the game.

Spy's CAN do the driving but we gotta gimp ourselves with strength, which is friggin stupid. i can see needing the heavy weapons skill, but strength? anywho, lets not get too mad about some stupid BP's.

not that i condone to the leak. if in fact there is one. but honostly even if they where out who the hell would use em? all the vehicles are fucking death trap shit machines, belive it and cry ladies and gentleman. at this point KK has no friggin clue on how to make them useful, they just dont want to buy a vowel here and solve the puzzle, they will just make them faster or slower or do 2% more damage...no one cares.

Vash th3 Flash
08-08-03, 17:15
Originally posted by Kasumi
Plutos always last to get anything remember that :)

Kind of like where I live in Real Live. It took this place that I am living 3 weeks to get neocron after the rest of the US did.

Phiberdelic
08-08-03, 17:18
I don't see favoritism, even though it is allegedly on a different server. If it was same server but faction only then, YES, I'd say favoritism, but not across servers, NO.

You chose your primary server, for its good and bad qualities, I chose Pluto even though its a one char server...I didn't want a NO-Safezone server, etc...Each server is different and therefore can have releases of objects at different times.

This complaining about it it is really lame. If you don't like your present situation, then change it, go to a different server.

Thane
08-08-03, 21:12
@ Phiberdelic:

i paied for a game, i pay a monthly fee, and therefor i wanna be able to see it all at the same time.

they didn't mention it in ANY place that certain servers will have some things faster or later (and as said above, they shouldn't HAVE it earlier). i started a char on a certain server, and therefor i want the stuff on MY server too, all servers are supposed to be the same asall the others. if you don't get it, there's no reason to call other people lame (which is imo the lamer thing to do btw...).

so.... mesa wants a triiiiike!

IronMonkey
08-08-03, 21:33
they should be relased on ALL servers at the same time. The proiblem with that is the vehicles are being released in NEXT events. and well

they cant be in 4 places at one time. Shame its hard to find good people for the evnt team i guess.

Personally KK should introduce a system like the evil funcom has for anarchy online. It's called ARK if you havent heard of it you shoudl check it out. I for one believe the ARK system is what saved that game completly.