PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Installing Patches

Axl
07-08-03, 12:57
I'm re-installing Neocron at the moment, but having trouble with the patches..

I downloaded all the pacth packs and the single ones, but the launcher still insists on auto-downloading patch number 60.

Now I reinstalled at the patched again, and no difference, so i decided to let it auto-install.

When the patch finally downloaded, before it installed, it caused an error on my pc and shut down. This happened again.

Is there any place that I can download patch 60 on its own?

I hope someone can shed light on this situation.

Axl

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 13:02
delete patch 159 :)

phunqe
07-08-03, 13:04
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

Damnit, and I was just posting that. o_O

:D

Axl
07-08-03, 13:04
Ta very much....how is one supposed to know this?

LTA
07-08-03, 13:05
by old long gone sticky threads :o

phunqe
07-08-03, 13:06
Originally posted by Axl

I think there was a sticky bout general installations problems, where the patch 160 issue was included. Dunno where it went though.

EDIT: Wtf, doesn't ppl have something else to do than responding to the post within the same second as me :p :D

MjukisDjur
07-08-03, 13:06
ohh same way you should know about money cap, resist cap, flips and so on :)

Axl
07-08-03, 13:10
Ok so all went well with that but now its trying to download patch 86....and patch 85 is absolutley huge.....

Any suggestions?

phunqe
07-08-03, 13:11
Originally posted by Axl
Ok so all went well with that but now its trying to download patch 86....and patch 85 is absolutley huge.....

Any suggestions?

I would suggest you delete patch 185 as well and get the patches from ftp.neocron.com instead, which is MUCH faster (just put them in the patches dir) :)

EDIT: I assume you mean that the launcher is crashing on 186 as it did on 160?

Axl
07-08-03, 13:14
Yeah....

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 13:14
Originally posted by Axl
Divine Intervention :rolleyes:

phunqe
07-08-03, 13:16
Divine Intervention :rolleyes:

Find me on pluto and I'll show you some 86/ *** ppu intervention ;)

:D :D

EDIT: Sorry, for the non existent PM version of the above (instead of the post itself) :angel:

EDIT 2: I make no sense.

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 13:26
Originally posted by Axl
Ta very much....how is one supposed to know this? It's in the FAQ (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58130) on the Newbie Forum.

N

Axl
07-08-03, 13:31
I dont look at myself as a newbie really, therefore I wouldnt wonder in there. In fact there shouldnt be any problems this simple anyway! I mean, not everyone's gonna think "oh hang about, this aint workin, I'll take a look at the newbie forum which I've never heard of before and see if theres a simple solution"..

Anyway im currently downloading patch 75...auto stylee!!!! Takin its time....bad style.

EDIT 75? 85 even...

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 13:44
I'm not saying the problem isn't a pain in the ass, I'm just saything that it's slightly unfair of you to complain about not knowing about the problem simply because you think you're above reading the FAQ.

I disagree with your statement that most people wouldn't think to consult the official FAQ when presented with an installation problem.

N

Yalson
07-08-03, 14:03
LoL Nid the official FAQ (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index) is somewhat out of date

Having to search the forums for such a common problem shouldn't be necessary.

LTA
07-08-03, 14:10
Yeah,

Think of those ppl who will never go on the forums.... how r they supposed to know.

Would it hurt to include a full upto date FAO in a readme that gets updated with new patches so people who dont forum browse etc know?

alig
07-08-03, 14:13
nah none of this FAQ fucking bullshit......

This shouldnt be like this after so long, kk u _are_ lazy arses ;) fix the fucking problem so ppl DONT need to wonder why they cant get on and while ur at it fix the lag as well.

Dardalion
07-08-03, 14:13

Hehe I have a diff fix for this - I d/l the group patches till I get to 173 then I use the US patch bug fix on my UK version and then carry on from there (Its quicker than deleting 159 :) )

Tostino
04-08-07, 05:30
I'm havving the same issue aswell.

Apocalypsox
04-08-07, 07:10
I'm havving the same issue aswell.

Four letters for yeh.

GTFO.