PDA

View Full Version : DoY and curretly gameplay experience

___T-X____
07-08-03, 12:04
Hi ive been waiting patiently for the DoY release and havent seen anywhere that even gives a good indication of release date...

Can someone post a link to a post of a Dev if they know something I dont.....

I have seen some friends leave the game to this extent, but keep paying for their account which is a matter of choice.

I dont really want to keep paying for an account waiting for DoY as every patch something is released and it seems to have a very negative effect on my game play, such as Nerfing mates hybrids etc & Op's owned GR's use to name just a couple. I find it irrating as a capped char that I have to LOM a Tank to Vehicle use so that I can get to a Op fight 10 Sectors way(which about the only exciting aspect of the game)....( i cant imagine how frustrating it is for ppl trying to develop their character and leveling).

What ill probably do (if no release date is can be given), is buy a the Viarosso LvL 3 apt let a friend look after it that wants to still play, and put all decent imps, weopons etc into that apartment and wait until DoY is released. And go play something else with the monthly fee saved....anyone else feel frustrated by the current game climate ? I fould really like to know your current experiences, especially if your capped ?

Uranus T-X

SynC_187
07-08-03, 12:16
You can cancel you subscription and they will keep your characters for a while (can't remember how long) so you don't need to transfer everything to a friend. It should be there when you come back.

I haven't heard anything solid on DoY for a while. Its done when its done at the moment, while they try and find a new publisher.

Shockwave
07-08-03, 12:17
Current estimates put the release of DoY on hold until Reakktor can secure a deal with a better publisher than CDV. No news on that one yet (Probably for legal/contractual reasons), but the GMs are starting to kick off the plot for the introduction of DoY, so...

Everything KK change causes whinging amongst the community, especially on the Forums. Even when the Monk PA was released there were people whining about pretty much everything you could think of, justified or not. It's the nature of the beast. Don't just listen to the negatives. Yeah, the Hybids were nerfed pretty harshly, but then that has been on the cards for some time now, and Hybrids were never meant to be more powerful than Pures. KK are slowly adding more and more to the game (Droner imps (Don'tr ask about the Rare ones yet though :/ ), PA for all classes, more toys/guns, locations, etc). By the time DoY is released I expect Neocron will be a very different and much more complex game than when you left.

So: Not frustrated, with my near-capped Spy Researcher and my rapidly levelling Tank. Still having great fun. :)

Shock.

MAJOR
07-08-03, 12:30
cancelled accounts

KK say they will delete canceled account characters after i think it was 6 months but i know for sure they havnt deleted one charcter to date.

MAJOR

Odin
07-08-03, 12:32
Originally posted by MAJOR
cancelled accounts

KK say they will delete canceled account characters after i think it was 6 months but i know for sure they havnt deleted one charcter to date.

MAJOR

3 months but we have yet to ever actually do so and I don't forsee doing so anytime soon.

hinch
07-08-03, 12:44
odin just out of interest is there any word at all about how the publisher talks are going? have you got anybody interested? are they nearing completion? have they even started?

would be nice to know how much progression is actually being made whilst we`re all still here.

a good constant stream of info from kk to us ensures we stay happy perhaps thanos or another kk employee could start and give us a weekly news bulletin/plan as to whats currently happening at kk and whats being planned for the week ahead etc + what wasnt achieved and was planned etc

it`d ony take 30 mins of their time and would save alot of abuse from us lot as at least we`d know things were actually happening

MAJOR
07-08-03, 12:44
@ Odin

Surley thats taking up loads of room ?

If u do start deleting would u inform the owner via email ?

Cheers

MAJ

Archeus
07-08-03, 13:14

If u do start deleting would u inform the owner via email ?

Cheers

MAJ

That's actually a good idea. I could see people resub'ing for a month just to keep the characters or coming back.

On the other hand if your just waiting for DOY to have fun then you probably going to be annoyed when it does come out.

Barar
07-08-03, 13:27
Im kinda playing and not winding down my chars really - so Ill be selling my PE stuff for tank stuff on Pluto :)

DOY will not bing anything massive to the game imo - Its great they are doing free expansions i like new areas to view and lvl however the game will still be the same if you enjoy it now you will enjoy it then

The best improvements to this game would be more players, more fps, Alliance chat ( cross clan chatting ), Alliance GRs

The current op situation is sooo annoying for ppl wanting to lvl ( only really seen Uranus where its a nightmare with TS owning half the map and cycrow + lvling places being closed )

BTW TX ill look after that CS for you :p

djskum
07-08-03, 13:35
@ Odin

Surley thats taking up loads of room ?

MAJ

I doubt it's taking up much room at all and disk space is very very cheap now. Makes sense to keep them.

DjSKum

greendonkeyuk
07-08-03, 13:44
i understand ur point mate totally, personally i feel that the game is starting to stagnate, due to the recent gr changes. I feel for the noobs particularly..... well any that will come along......

"hey look kids, thats the wastelands, all that vast area, its all there.... look isnt it great, the only problem is you wont be able to get anywhere near any of it because the grs are all locked down!"

The new Gr rules have killed this game. Opfights are tonnes harder now you gotta walk across four zones just to get near to one.

We need MORE GRS in sensible locations. The CRP gr in particular needs to be changed, ITS PURE FUCKIN BS that it gets affected by the cycrow settings. Yeah ok its prolly the only zone thats got 2 grs in but tbh, the clan that owns cycrow should be able to defend it from all odds. I know Uts have had it for a while on uranus and closed it which irritated the hell outta everyone, then i believe syndicate took it and reopened it! Kudos to you guys.

The problem for capped players at the moment is lack of content still, but this cant be blamed entirely on the games masters or kk, they have a limited staff and theyre working their asses off to get stuff coded tested and tweaked and released to keep us the players busy.

Imo us the players need to be a bit more proactive in developing content, i mean the events people have started to organise in the last few months have been a hit. Fight night for example, simple but absolutely fantastic! Credit to whoever came up (on pluto?) with the idea and to barar and friends for organising it on uranus!

The capped players out there usually spend their days helpin noobs, or they did when i started. Now, well, there arent too many noobs, or the noobs that are about are alt characters.....

I have some stuff in the pipeline at the moment, new content, a player run storyline, determined by players, for players. Unfortunately the whole thing is still in its infancy at the moment so i have nothing more to tell you all right now, i may well need help though when im ready to unleash it on you all. So if anyone is interested, watch this space in the next few days.

thanks guys

QuantumDelta
07-08-03, 13:46
uranus had rage in the cage before pluto had fight night :P

Clear out your Pms lol

greendonkeyuk
07-08-03, 13:56
not got anythin come through mate, im still waiting on one. ive sent one to you, not been read, and got none in reply.

problem with pms methinks!

Nasher
07-08-03, 13:58
understand ur point mate totally, personally i feel that the game is starting to stagnate, due to the recent gr changes. I feel for the noobs particularly..... well any that will come along......

Well, n00bs dont know it any other way, so why should they care? :P

Its only the players who have been here for a while and are used to being able to teleport everywhere that are moaning.

Barar
07-08-03, 13:59
Hey Green

Im seriously considering turning into full time events coordinator with bit of pvp when necessary - Not just for the uber players tho, and some small events in the week would be good. Ill be asking for clan sponsorship for prizes etc just to coz ppl always want to know what they win

Try RP with organisation :

Last man standing - 30 ppl in a pit 1 winner standing at end :)
Non rare battle
Chase the Barar
Op hold attack and defend
Canyon assault
Uranus Championship 1 v 1 tournes ( With entrance fee) to see who is the best
etc

You want to get involved ?? FN was great and will make a return to Uranus prob next weekend - This ones bit short notice tho ill chat to some clans just difficult being one person need team of 5 who will organise / promote events when rl steps in for one of us :)

Oh and crowd control also hehe

In fact anyone wants to get involved dm me - Oh dont think its not hard work :) coz ppl dont listen and dont realise without a bit of strucutre its anarchy

but its good fun and ppl seem to like it

So PM me your Events ideas me and my soon to be asembled team will aim to put them into reality :p

hinch
07-08-03, 14:04
all sounds good to me barar i`ll be at next fight night

however forget about canyon assault we wont be letting you anywhere near our canyon

Barar
07-08-03, 14:07
Thats the plan hinch

Wouldnt be any fun if the door was open :)

hinch
07-08-03, 14:09
lemmie rephrase that when its time you wont even get in zone :)

Barar
07-08-03, 14:12
Well I think the first event may have been decided :)

XanX
07-08-03, 14:39
hinchy has obviousley never seen me and you as tanks barar :)

We're good for a battle :D

Ryuben
07-08-03, 15:00
yeah shame ur also good cannon fodder

/me walks off humming theme tune to cannon fodder

WAR never been so much fun WAR........

hinch
07-08-03, 15:04
Originally posted by XanX
hinchy has obviousley never seen me and you as tanks barar :)

We're good for a battle :D

ive seen better :) and theyre against you not with you

greendonkeyuk
07-08-03, 16:21
The lines have been drawn, i know which side im gonna be on. Barar, Xan, i know about 20-30 other people whod love to come help your side.

Hinch, ive heard of the reputation your side have and i know wanna see em in action. This looks like its gonna be the most fun part of all.

Crp is gonna be a blood bath......

hinch
07-08-03, 16:38
1st september is the magic date :)

QuantumDelta
07-08-03, 16:39
Says tangents to the tg to fight a tsunami o_O

And you guys are calling uts fucked up? lol

hinch
07-08-03, 16:41
i did say it`d be everyone vs tg :)

QuantumDelta
07-08-03, 16:42
And what exactly am I supposed to do? :P

hinch
07-08-03, 16:43
take pictures for stacey she`ll love them :)

QuantumDelta
07-08-03, 16:44
Chucked on the fence again ..eesh ! :P

As for stace, I want her on server and leveled up by the 1st... silly girlie....

hinch
07-08-03, 16:46
well you could join in im sure your hostile to one of the factions involved or at least neutral so you wont loose sl

QuantumDelta
07-08-03, 16:48
AFAIK The way you set this up it'll be TT and BD probably fighting you as well, since SSC are trying to engage TTs in RP PvP it'll be interesting.

Pyper, I can't PM you back, not sure why.... best bet is to just make another account mate -_-

hinch
07-08-03, 16:55
i think if we`re going to do a canyon seige even we need to get together and write some little story line as to why the seige is happening etc

Barar
07-08-03, 18:31
the schematics times / date etc neeed sorting out - and will be

also whos fighting whos side - sl hits etc

ill put something down - Hinch u can rp it if u like I like some of your work in RPG section

Oh and crahn be on tg side obv

Barar
07-08-03, 18:32
just noticed so far off topic its ridculous sorry tx :)

Arcadius
07-08-03, 19:45
I no longer have faith that DOY will be coming soon. Starting to give up hope actually.

Damolces
07-08-03, 21:10
I hear ya about DoY I have given up hope, I'm off soon. :(

The GR change is annoying but we can live through it - it just means peeps have to take and hold more statiegic OPs for hunting or other OP protection. - More indepentant GR's - cool, maybe more hunt spots as well.

But we can Yak and moan all the time - but moaning won't get us anywhere - be constructive - post ideas for the Devs to use, hook up with the "enemy" (whoever they are) and come up with player events, storylines, battles or even no-pk zones for runners to hunt.

But the game will stay more or less the same (with or without DoY) without more ingame planning and events. I've 3 char's on Uranus and got bored with them all over time for different reasons. My 4th is at MC5 which I got bored with immediatly - good idea to start off with. A long time without change will get boring.

T-X - start a war, draw up plans for BIG battles, try to assassinate your enemy leaders. Just try and shake up your server and make things different before u try to leave.

any way I'll shut up - thats it guys my one and only 10p worth.

REMUS
07-08-03, 21:26
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
uranus had rage in the cage before pluto had fight night :P

Clear out your Pms lol

i dont know when rage in a cage was held but we had a pre-fight night ype of thing that phycho killer organised ages back and parad0x won, i think that was december/jan

as far as waiting for doy im not renewing this month ill just watch the forums untill doy is announced im tired of these shitty gr settings and lack of extra REAL content like new locations, mobs and weapons, ive had enough of giving them time, to sort out this crap why dont they just break off with cdv and get another publisher while they wait for a court case or somthing?

JUST GIV ME A RARE MELEE AXE AND ILL STOP BITCHIN....... and maybe a cpl of new 150/150 mobs to use it on ^_^

Dribble Joy
07-08-03, 21:34
Canyon seige?

I'm up for that, maybee the TT's could hire us mercs :p

BTW QD, did you know Roughs/skulls were at war with SPL? I didn't, got ganked this morning by Omega, bastard stood there while I was checking my inv. and suddenly HL blasts were raining down on me. Was at half health before I got my judge out, no shelter... I died fast. I suck :(

Clothing_Option
07-08-03, 21:59
Originally posted by Barar
Im kinda playing and not winding down my chars really - so Ill be selling my PE stuff for tank stuff on Pluto :)

DOY will not bing anything massive to the game imo - Its great they are doing free expansions i like new areas to view and lvl however the game will still be the same if you enjoy it now you will enjoy it then

The best improvements to this game would be more players, more fps, Alliance chat ( cross clan chatting ), Alliance GRs

The current op situation is sooo annoying for ppl wanting to lvl ( only really seen Uranus where its a nightmare with TS owning half the map and cycrow + lvling places being closed )

BTW TX ill look after that CS for you :p

What he said!

Also on Pluto NDA owns 75% of the map and Im not kidding

Clothing_Option
07-08-03, 22:06
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk

The capped players out there usually spend their days helpin noobs, or they did when i started. Now, well, there arent too many noobs, or the noobs that are about are alt characters.....

thanks guys

YEP! too true

Futureman
08-08-03, 02:17
i was thinking it would be cool to have a class battle, you know take 20 tanks 20 Spies 20 PEs and 20 PSIs and let them go at it. Of course i think the monks would win considering how they have all the PPUS