PDA

View Full Version : Which MMORPGs are good now?

Futureman
07-08-03, 10:29
I have a question for you guys:

I really like Neocron and would like to play another MMORPG, but I don't know much about the ones currently available. I need something to hold me over till DOY! But seriously I like Scifi or cyberpunk, or basically anything not too far off from reality. I don't really like the extreme fantasy games. I don't like the idea of playing as some sort of humanoid animal or whatever. Not to say that is bad if you like that sort of thing, but its not for me. Anyone know any upcoming games or any betas or open betas out there that might interest me? I played WWII Online for a couple of months. But the development there is so slow, they have a worse publisher than KK to. That game hasn't improved very much at all. In two years they still don't have much. They have been stuck at 1939 for two years. Well, anyway, i would appreciate the advice.

CkVega
07-08-03, 10:46
Try real life.
You gain XP by going out with friends and having a good time.
you earn cash by getting a job.
Vehicles has real world phisics.
Doesn't cost anything to start (although it costs alot to run)
Quite good anti PK mesures in place (although there is some anarchy zones in the vast world)
Its quite a hardcore game (you die then thats it)
You can customise your clothing.

I forget the rest of the features, but I recommend real life to everyone.

Mirco
07-08-03, 10:47
Face of mankind should be in your alley I think. Not in beta yet though.

Judge
07-08-03, 11:13
fomk is already pissing me off lol. It won't let you apply for BETA unless you are american. God damn short sighted game companies.

If you want to apply for beta here is the link:

FOMK BETA application (http://www.faceofmankind.com/index.php?page=beta.php&lang=en)

enablerbr
07-08-03, 11:16
funny i'm no yank but i had no problem applying for beta for fomk. guess their just fussy about which brits to have.:p

Edit: if you don't mind doing betas. checkout betawatcher.com for whats about at the moment and future betas.

Selendor
07-08-03, 11:22
Originally posted by CkVega
Try real life.
Quite good anti PK mesures in place (although there is some anarchy zones in the vast world)

hahah. Very Good.

There's no XP cap either. Plus, I haven't crashed for a while.

Archeus
07-08-03, 11:35
Originally posted by Selendor
hahah. Very Good.

There's no XP cap either. Plus, I haven't crashed for a while.

I like how when you drive your craft full speed over a hill it leaves the ground. Other then that the monthly fees are a bit much and your only allowed one character.

Hippieman
07-08-03, 11:39
And dont forget, if you die even once its permadeath.

ZoneVortex
07-08-03, 11:42
PKing isn't too rampant unless you venture into the Compton Sector 1-3 zones and some bordering areas. Also, the graphics are amazing!

Hippieman
07-08-03, 11:44
PKing could be rampant at a nerd convention with 1000 of Star Wars and Star Trek ultra fanboi geeks.

CkVega
07-08-03, 11:56
woohoo, I just leveled up in Real life (My smoking skill has increased - you can now make ub3r smoke rings ;) )

/edit - I'm gonna have to train the skill drinking for this saturday (I might try to power level tonight)

Dardalion
07-08-03, 11:58
Originally posted by Judge
fomk is already pissing me off lol. It won't let you apply for BETA unless you are american. God damn short sighted game companies.

If you want to apply for beta here is the link:

FOMK BETA application (http://www.faceofmankind.com/index.php?page=beta.php&lang=en)

I applied for beta ages ago with no problems

Dardalion
07-08-03, 12:00
Originally posted by Futureman
I have a question for you guys:

I really like Neocron and would like to play another MMORPG, but I don't know much about the ones currently available. I need something to hold me over till DOY! But seriously I like Scifi or cyberpunk, or basically anything not too far off from reality. I don't really like the extreme fantasy games. I don't like the idea of playing as some sort of humanoid animal or whatever. Not to say that is bad if you like that sort of thing, but its not for me. Anyone know any upcoming games or any betas or open betas out there that might interest me? I played WWII Online for a couple of months. But the development there is so slow, they have a worse publisher than KK to. That game hasn't improved very much at all. In two years they still don't have much. They have been stuck at 1939 for two years. Well, anyway, i would appreciate the advice.

Look here www.mmorpg.com

Original monk
07-08-03, 12:11
I love this real life game: i yust Pked 2 people with a flametrower while they where wondering around in the sewers, they looked like tradeskillers or engineers or sumthing, i didnt loose any sl, i passed a cop(bot) and he didnt even reacted. Only, ... in the virtual game; people who ya PKed dont smell like matches if ya burned em...

MAJOR
07-08-03, 12:22
Can anyone help me ?

I logged out of neocron , into RL , i had several stellas.exe files and my screen resolution was buggerd it seemed like 320 X 300. Ive tried control -alt -delete'ing but my current operating system is bypassed and i go stright into 'sleep - mode'. After i re-boot and defrag my system and throw the currpted files into the recycling bin , which my flatmate wasnt too happy about. Now hears the problem... It seems my CPU has a fault . I can hear a constant lound buzzing from my speaker system and my screen resolution is still too low. Ive ran a system check which surrgested adding a few nerofen files to help me boot up correctly. Now my only alternative is to turn off the syst..e..m....an..d..........

Futureman
07-08-03, 15:28
Originally posted by CkVega
Try real life.

Uh yeah that's good advice, but ive already played that game plenty, see i've been power leveling the last two months. Got out of the Uni in May for the summer, so i've gotten plenty of xp with all of the free time, so i've gotta find a new one:cool:

Futureman
07-08-03, 15:32
Also the problem with drinking crap beer (stella.exe) is that it is bad for Synaptic Impairment in my opinion. One has to drink Franziskaner (half liter bottles, sorted), to get any real xp. Been blind many a nights on that great stuff. Never underestimate German beer.