PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Population Rapidly Decreasing

Infestator
07-08-03, 05:13
Is it just me, or is the neocron population slowly going lower and lower...I just ordered this game a little over a week ago and at that time the peak number of players was a little over 500 on Saturn. A week later (current day), the numbers have lowered to a maximum of 330. What's going on? Has everyone all of a sudden lost interest in the game?

Nixon
07-08-03, 05:16
Well im sure people will play more in winter than now so i
think the playercount will start going up when schools start..

And if KK doesnt fuck up DoY release, they will surely go up.

nonamebrandeggs
07-08-03, 05:17
500? Haven't seen that many in a looong time :(.

Nixon
07-08-03, 05:20
True.. Sad but true.

And now we quit eh? Shall we? mr. ONOS :P

btw this is onos

http://www.natural-selection.org/images/lev5_pic2_8x6.jpg

and it roxor! :/

bounty
07-08-03, 05:21
jupiter has about 500 on at certain times fairly consistantly.
And this always happens, people get on the nc is dying bandwagon way too easy. it was supposedly dying about 5 months ago too and was gonna perish into thin air.

Beefheart
07-08-03, 05:26
It is summer so.............

I understand the UK/Euro folks are enjoying a record heatwave too

sparrowtm
07-08-03, 06:08
Originally posted by Beefheart
It is summer so.............

I understand the UK/Euro folks are enjoying a record heatwave too

39 degree celsius today 8|

msdong
07-08-03, 06:48
with that weather its no good time to play NC. 30 degree+

hmm, it is if you like to sit in a pool of you own body fluids.

SigmaDraconis
07-08-03, 06:51
I find your post title contrary to your actual post :\

First you say it is rapidly decreasing ...

Then you say it is slowly getting lower and lower.....

hmmm....when people make strange mistakes like this i get paranoid and think conspiracy...

so...

LIEZ!

Ps. If youve only had this game a week, I dont think you're in much position to be estimating long term population trends...it is vacation season afterall much changes rapidly.

FBI
07-08-03, 06:57
I'm currently coding some statistics into my website to work
alongside my serverstat cgi. Graphs will show average player
count on each server at 3 different times during the day.

Also a graph to show the population over time to see if it's
actually decreasing :)

kurai
07-08-03, 07:18
Originally posted by FBI
I'm currently coding some statistics into my website to work
alongside my serverstat cgi. Graphs will show average player
count on each server at 3 different times during the day.

Also a graph to show the population over time to see if it's
actually decreasing :) Just dump the data into MRTG or RRDTool - easier than re-inventing the wheel, and gives you a lot more graphing options.

Archeus
07-08-03, 07:32
Originally posted by msdong
with that weather its no good time to play NC. 30 degree+

agreed... wait until it rains. Or try to get your other half intrested in NC. o_O

ronaz
07-08-03, 07:40
Right. Aint funny playing NC when the sweat gets in ur eyes all the time. Wish airco's weren't so expensive or I'd had my house filled with them.

I'm thinking about moving to Norway or Sweden... :wtf: Language thing isn't too hard for us Dutchies :D and broadband for all :)

Rob01m
07-08-03, 07:41
Well, the subscriptions were on a steady rise last I heard, but the people logging in have dwindled possibly due to it being summer... Or maybe people are just waiting for Dome of York, who knows?

shend
07-08-03, 08:15
neocron isn't exactly the easiest available game. i've been to london and didn't find ANY copy at the big megastores. Now evryone knows London is shite but nevertheless...:p
better publishing and distribution would certainly increase numbers but im not waiting for it, im pretty content with how it is today.

imo neocron is more of a cult game and we should respect it in that extend. it has some really dedicated players. so what if it has 500 players max at a time. i play the game because I like it, not because someone else does or doesn't. and to be honest, how would plaza 1 outside medicare look like with 200 runners instead of 20? it would drive you insane with all the chitchat

people who dig the cyberpunk post apocalyptic atmosphere and wanna be some mad max eventually are bound to end up at neocron. fuck elves, dwarves and all that shite, gimme aggies, mutants and launchers.
all that fatalistic crap tends to get on my nerves.
i can't help notice though that over the last few weeks there's less complaining/whining which means that either pleople are more content or there's no one left at the forum:D

MortuusLupus
07-08-03, 08:18
It's not hot until the temps go above 95. I think that's around 35 C. Anything under 90 is jacket weather.

EDIT: That's fahrenheit, unless otherwise noted

Archeus
07-08-03, 08:27
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
It's not hot until the temps go above 95. I think that's around 35 C. Anything under 90 is jacket weather.

Depends on the people.

When in Boston, during the winter when the weather would quickly come up from -20c to 0c people started wearing clothing that no one would ever wear if it had gone to 0c from the other way.

Infestator
07-08-03, 09:22
The spam can get bad; however more people can make the game fun. Trading, implanting, finding a good constructor/researcher can be much easier with more people. It would also balance the economy a little more.

jernau
07-08-03, 10:37
Air Con rules - only about £200 now at most DIY places for a free-standing unit.

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 10:44
again...it's like dejavu.....

do you realize how hard life is....when you know everything?

Odin
07-08-03, 10:45
Keep it up Sinead and your going to end up just like her. Gone.

Judge
07-08-03, 10:52
lol go odin.

I think that before the holidays the number of people playing when up steadily for a few months. There was a real bad patch about 4-5 months ago and loads of people left for shadowbane or other MMORPGs. Then came running back to neocron :D

Recently there have been loads less leaving threads, the whining threads have slackened off in the last week since Hybrids were nerfed. But then people will always moan about something. There have been alot of cool new ideas that people are posting in community chat now because of the lisfted brainport rules which really gets people interested and wanting to put their opinion of how the game should be going.

There have also been some discussions about the underlying game mechanics, with lupus about the damage of various types of weapons, and also with the figures released about basically what affects the damage/aiming of weapons in the announcement forum.

I don't think that nc is dying :D

hinch
07-08-03, 10:56
Originally posted by Nixon
True.. Sad but true.

And now we quit eh? Shall we? mr. ONOS :P

btw this is onos

http://www.natural-selection.org/images/lev5_pic2_8x6.jpg

and it roxor! :/

its not on onos its a fking rhino
btw new ns ownz majorly been taking up my time again

Doc Holliday
07-08-03, 10:59
um the example is saturn tho guys not any of the other servers. forgive me if im wrong but didnt they have loads of issues with complete assholes on there and refused any kind of service by the gms for an entire week. Already i have heard people have shipped accross to uranus and/or pluto because of it. maybe thats why its happened.................?

Selendor
07-08-03, 11:06
The saturn population seems healthy to me, especially for this time of year. It was lower. Good point about Plaza 1 earlier, lol, it would be impossible with 200 people in.

The recent patches and improvements in communication between KK and players (thanks GMs), not to mention a stable and effective forum moderating team, has meant that for me the game is shaping up nicely. There are still new characters I see levelling, even if many of them are returning/re-rolling players.

All we need now is the new storyline setup to kick in, which looks promising so far, and perhaps, just perhaps, DOY to come.

El_MUERkO
07-08-03, 11:56
@odin, handbags at dawn? ;)

Whenn all is said and done if there was 1000 or so players on each of the server at peak times this game would be better.

Whole areas of Neocron city remain empty of life, when I was a noob and there was 500/600 people on pluto at peak times I used to go hunt at the crahn church and would have to avoid enemy noobs and the odd PKer floating around.

Now I could walk out there and leave my computer on all day, goto work, come back and I'd still be there, untouched and unnoticed.

I'm hopiing DOY sorts this out, I better see copies of neocron with better cover art and big DOY logos stuck to them all over the place.

Reviews where the reviewer is creaming their pants discussing a vastly improved, beautifully balanced MMORPG for people who to RP but not at the expence of blood, gore and fun.

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:02
Originally posted by Odin
Keep it up Sinead and your going to end up just like her. Gone.

for what? what forum rule did i break?

i didn't flame anyone...i didn't even curse.

a thread was created discussing the declining neocron population, i've mentioned this in a past thread NUMEROUS times (and the reasons why) and it would seem people are just now comming around to it.

so, you're going to ban me for...sarcasm? other posters are far worse than what i expressed. ban me for...having an ego? as concieted as i am, there are still those far worse.

so what's it come down to then, odin? thus far, i've functioned within the rules of the forum...so...i'll be banned because you dislike me. *gasp*

hinch
07-08-03, 12:04
sinead your just like the real one :( an annoying cow that doesnt know when to shut up

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:05
Originally posted by hinch
sinead your just like the real one :( an annoying cow that doesnt know when to shut up

so, there is a flame, will odin comment on your actions?

Odin
07-08-03, 12:06
No you'll be banned for doing nothing but. I have no problem with sarcasm and bad attitudes in a post. However when it's all you do no one wants to hear it.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 12:10
Originally posted by Odin
No you'll be banned for doing nothing but. I have no problem with sarcasm and bad attitudes in a post. However when it's all you do no one wants to hear it.

aka Trolling...

Helen Angilley
07-08-03, 12:12
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
aka Trolling...

....and proclaiming to leave in almost all his posts. ;)

Reakktor have banned people from the forums for very similar things before y'know, it can easily happen again...and they're fully within their rights to do it.

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:13
so, are you saying i won't be banned so long as i stay within the TOS?

or are you saying that even when i stay within the TOS, you are going to ban me because you do not like the content of my posts?

Helen Angilley
07-08-03, 12:17
Originally posted by Sinead O'Connor
or are you saying that even when i stay within the TOS, you are going to ban me because you do not like the content of my posts?

Despite Odin's intentions, he can (and most likely will if you continue like you are now) ban you for not "liking the content" of your posts.

In the past MJS has personally banned a person's game account, and forum account, for similar things to what you're doing.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 12:18
For those of you who never bother to click the rules link...
THE RULES ARE:

1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

2) Generally, you may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language. You may use such language in a roleplaying context. But be aware of the fact that in a possible verbal harassment situation Reakktor Media Support staff will assume a non-roleplaying situation, if in doubt.

3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player. The same exceptions and regulations as for rule #2 apply.

4) You may not impersonate any NEOCRON Customer Support representative or other employee of Reakktor Media.

5) You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on the NEOCRON Service or through the NEOCRON Web Site.

6) You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

7) You may not modify any part of the NEOCRON Service or Web Site that Reakktor Media does not specifically authorize you to modify.

8) You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on the NEOCRON Service or Web Site, or use the NEOCRON Service or Web Site for any other illegal purpose.

9) You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy, as long as they are related to races, religions, ethnic groups or other subjects which exist in reality.

10) You may not use the NEOCRON Service or the NEOCRON Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.

11) You may not post or communicate any player's real world personal information within the NEOCRON Service or through the NEOCRON Web Site or bulletin board.

12) You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information, such as email address or billing information, which is required at the time you register with the NEOCRON Service. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the website located at http://www.neocron.com.

13) You will not upload or transmit on the NEOCRON Service, or through the NEOCRON Web Site or bulletin board, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.

14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the NEOCRON Service.

15) You will not exploit any bug in the NEOCRON product or the NEOCRON Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the NEOCRON Service.

16) You will not attempt to play NEOCRON on any service that is not controlled or authorized by Reakktor Media.

17) You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where NEOCRON may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to NEOCRON without the express written permission of Reakktor Media.

18) You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other NEOCRON users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Reakktor Media in maintaining the NEOCRON Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

=====
oh forgot these aswell :D
=====
Acceptable Ways To Deal With Insults And Attacks

There will be no insulting, harassing or 'flaming' other forum members or clans. This also includes responding to such behaviour. Also remember to use the “report post to moderator” function when you take offence to a post. We know this is in the Rules of Conduct but we are really stressing this rule, as it's our pet peeve. If you have a concern about in game behaviour of a player then especially do not post it to the forums. That would go to abuse@neocron.com with screenshots. If it doesn't warrant that kind of attention then please, keep it in the game. Otherwise you’re just breaking the first line of this rule.

There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious or ethnical nature. This is a worldwide forum with people from a wide spectrum and even when you think your aren't being offensive you can indeed offend people.

Repetetive Questions

If there already is a thread about a certain topic on the first page of a forum and a second thread about a similar topic is started, the second thread may be closed and a link to the first thread will be posted there. Also, moderators may merge similar threads. It should be in the interest of all forum users to prevent having more than one thread about the same topic. So if a thread of yours disappears always check your profile and choose "search for all posts by this user" to locate your missing post. Please try to use the search engine and the FAQ before asking a question.

Spamming, Advertising And Powerposting

Spamming, Power posting & Advertising are not permitted. Refrain from posting advertisement of any form (commercial or non-commercial) as long as it is not related to an ongoing discussion. Refrain from posting only a short, meaningless sentence or only one emote/smiley. Do not bump up topics that are not on the first page of the forum unless you have new and substantive information to include. Spamming also consists of pointless topics, hijacking threads into off topic territory and turning a thread into a conversation (please use private messaging for that).

Appropriate Forum

Please remember to post in the appropriate forum. Just because one forum gets more attention then another is no excuse to post your thread in the incorrect forum.

Graphics and Signatures

Stormbot (Reakktor) and Copbot (Volunteer Moderators/GM's) avatars are of the exclusive domain of Reakktor staff and volunteers. Avatars/Signatures may not break other forum rules. Signatures may not be higher then 100 pixels in height, 6 lines of text or a combination of the two. Length may be as long as you want it provided it does not extend the screen on a 1024*768 resolution. You can check your signature by right clicking on it and choosing properties. It will give you a length and width.

Fansites

All news and information you wish to post about your Neocron related site must go into the fansite announcements forum. Only fansite admins may start new threads there, however anyone can reply. Check the sticky threads at the top of the fansite forum to see how to gain entrance to starting posts.

Admin&Mods

Admin/Mod word is final. If you have a complaint you can email helpdesk@neocron.com, Odin@reakktor.com, or helpdesk@neocron.de for German.

[Edit] F00k someone slap me, hit quote instead of edit :rolleyes:

jernau
07-08-03, 12:18
**trying not to flame**

SC - All I've ever seen you say is "I told you so", I have not seen a single thread in which you actually did tell us anything though:rolleyes:

Do you really think you are the first person to say (rightly or wrongly) that they believe the populations are falling. People were saying it a month into retail and that was just as silly. Funny how despite all the "NC is doomed" and the "KK will be bankrupt by xxx" posts we are all still here don't you think. Maybe it's because you are actually very wrong?

greendonkeyuk
07-08-03, 12:19
neocron aint dead, far from it. As doc rightly said, due to a supposed "asshole" shortage on saturn a lot of people switched "faction" and began to Rp as "assholes" and some high ranking players took on the roles of "complete assholes", this irritated the hell out of reakktor, the gms, and the 99% of the server who wanted to get on and have a good game. Unfortunately for saturn it caused one clan to leave, which i hear took about 50 or so players, add that to the fact that yesterday was one of the hottest days in britain on record, i can see why servers are down a little in player count. also dont forget theres that big yellow blob in the sky that makes girls walk around half dressed..... i mean who the hell wants to look at female pes when you can go see fine lookin ladies in next to nothin right outside your front door...... :lol:

Helen Angilley
07-08-03, 12:20
Originally posted by jernau
**trying not to flame**

SC - All I've ever seen you say is "I told you so", I have not seen a single thread in which you actually did tell us anything though:rolleyes:

Do you really think you are the first person to say (rightly or wrongly) that they believe the populations are falling. People were saying it a month into retail and that was just as silly. Funny how despite all the "NC is doomed" and the "KK will be bankrupt by xxx" posts we are all still here don't you think. Maybe it's because you are actually very wrong?

Funnily enough, they've also the said th game will die when othe MMORPGs come along.

Shadowbane: Laughable. Major hax0r fooked it up big time, server instability didn't help either.

SW:G: *Snickers*

EVE: To an acquired taste, the 6000 or so that like the game, _really_ like it. But anyone else....well.....

Original monk
07-08-03, 12:21
people are running away of the saturn server, the attitude over there sucks, its all, iam the ubber i am the leet i am this i am that, and thats 2 bad, i think the lamers i left at counterstrike and fire-arms now joined neocron to teamkil and lame over here, no offense for cs and fps's i still like em, but ya gotta admit there where a lot of lamers over there. Its also obvious that lots of the kiddies getting them accounts payed by mammy and daddy come over here to screw up the server with there i am ubber-attitude while there all still probably a virgin cause they dont have the guts to go out with a lady, they prefer harrassin people on the saturn server it seems

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:22
you'd have to read my numerous posts about:
1) KK not knowing what the hell they are doing
2) KK having poor customer service
3) KK "tweaking" the game in all the wrong ways with every patch

to understand what i'm telling you.

Odin
07-08-03, 12:25

Yup but when all you do is constantly state this you become a troll and trolls aren't welcome. Your opinion is no more important then anyone elses and when your annoying quite a few people and were getting a lot of complaints we will deal with them.

djskum
07-08-03, 12:28

Blimey I can't believe it! I never even noticed! And to think you only registered in July! You must be l337 or something...

Use the search function...

DjSKum

evs
07-08-03, 12:28
im on a course miles away from home n NC :(

also ive moved from saturn to pluto

much better server imo :)

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:30
by similar logic, when i PK people in game (and i do it a lot), they get mad and complain.

well, my game play is fully within the rules of NC, yet a lot of people are pissed and complain....

then (by your logic) kk would be justified in banning me from nc.
==============================================

sure, some (maybe even a lot) of people don't like my posts, however, i'm not flaming, harassing, or whatever else. they are within the confines of the TOS.

if "their" posts about the "good" things in the game (and all the other crap that makes it onto this board) is welcome, then it follows that someone who thinks differently should be allowed to state that opinion.

jernau
07-08-03, 12:30

Well, I just scanned back over half your posts to check (I got bored after that) and the nearest thing I found to a fact or a useful comment was a guess at how many JG players are still in NC.

You are not exactly a productive member of the community IMO.

There are a lot of people on here that complain loudly and get on well with the mods and GMs because they can offer both justifactions for their complaints and suggestions on how to fix the problems.

jernau
07-08-03, 12:33
Originally posted by Original monk
people are running away of the saturn server, the attitude over there sucks, its all, iam the ubber i am the leet i am this i am that, and thats 2 bad, i think the lamers i left at counterstrike and fire-arms now joined neocron to teamkil and lame over here, no offense for cs and fps's i still like em, but ya gotta admit there where a lot of lamers over there. Its also obvious that lots of the kiddies getting them accounts payed by mammy and daddy come over here to screw up the server with there i am ubber-attitude while there all still probably a virgin cause they dont have the guts to go out with a lady, they prefer harrassin people on the saturn server it seems

Sadly this is a pretty accurate summary. The up-side is that with a bit of luck they will all have got bored or banned in a month or two and Saturn can return to being the fun and largely freindly place it has been for most of it's life.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 12:35
Originally posted by djskum
Blimey I can't believe it! I never even noticed! And to think you only registered in July! You must be l337 or something...

Use the search function...

DjSKum

:lol:

hinch
07-08-03, 12:36

if indeed you feel the game and the support is so blatantly shit

the door is to my left dont let it hit you on the way out
ktnxta we`ll send you a postcard.

or howabout in stead of doing the above you do the following

write numerous posts with constructive reasoning and suggestions for improvement bearing in mind the small kk staff and budget limits:
1) sensiable improvements to the game and the community
2) suggestions on improving customer support.
3) your comments on the tweaks implemented (with reasoning ofc) and how you would see them better tweaked and balanced again with full reasoning and valid points.

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:37
There are a lot of people on here that complain loudly and get on well with the mods and GMs because they can offer both justifactions for their complaints and suggestions on how to fix the problems.

i'd offer "support" for many of these seemingly baseless accusations, but the *geniuses* who run the forums decided that if you have any objection to GM conduct, mail the support desk/odin/whoever else, and do not post it on the boards.

i bet you can tell odin loves me?

so, i simply leave it at: KK has crappy customer support.

as for other topics in my posts...KK makes changes...i don't like them...i state that. some might like them *shrug* it's a matter of opinion...however, as this thread originally stated, server populations are declining. so who's right?

*scoff*

HellHound
07-08-03, 12:37
Fenyx, I have to ask... you change that sig yourself or have the mods been at it? ;)

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:38
as for the "why haven't i left" question: because of my clan. <--period. they talked me into staying. they're a good bunch of guys, so i'll stick it out with them for a while longer.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 12:45
by similar logic, when i PK people in game (and i do it a lot), they get mad and complain.

well, my game play is fully within the rules of NC, yet a lot of people are pissed and complain....

then (by your logic) kk would be justified in banning me from nc.
==============================================

sure, some (maybe even a lot) of people don't like my posts, however, i'm not flaming, harassing, or whatever else. they are within the confines of the TOS.

if "their" posts about the "good" things in the game (and all the other crap that makes it onto this board) is welcome, then it follows that someone who thinks differently should be allowed to state that opinion.

Odin is the law, you must obey Odin O_o

ok...

one... more... time... :D

capiche ?

I kill a fair few people ingame and have had 2 player complaints about PKing however im 99% sure that thats just because i ganked a GM's normal char and he didnt like it :p but still, after each warning i toned it down a little, however it is a wargame so its not like i felt the need for a sudden amnesty and threw all my weapons into P1, i just stayed quiet for a few days then got pissed off one day about being GR killed (Legion :rolleyes: ) in TG canyon and thought fuck thi... and went on a rampage through CRP and tezla with crypto...

Its a RPG, thats why alotta people think its absolutely retarded having a TG branch and a CA branch of Legion just so that you can wear the PA O_o If you want a KOS EVERY MUVVA F*KIN LAST WUN OV YAS kinda games then like... go play CS or SoF2 online ...

At the end of the day YOU are the consumer, it is up to you if you pay for the game or not. If you like the game then keep playing, but if you dont like the game the why not just leave? is that really to simple for some people?

its your choice ya.. either pay for it and buck your ideas up cause at the end of the day you dont own KK, yes, your ideas and comments are appreciated if they are within context, but they will not jump whenever you say go fix this bug now... or you can leave, quietly, and everyone has a happy ending o_O

jernau
07-08-03, 12:45
As was also stated it's summer - people go outside in the summer sometimes.

Unless KK want to publish their subscription figures no-one on here can actually say anything solid about the number of players. FBI might be able to shed some light on numbers online but even that doesn't tell you much as 100 people playing 8 hours a day will look the same as 800 people playing 1 hour a day.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 12:46
Originally posted by HellHound
Fenyx, I have to ask... you change that sig yourself or have the mods been at it? ;)

OMFG :mad: ODIN YOU ASS! YOU DID THIS DIDNT YOU !!! :mad:

Or danae did it O_o she was in it originally

back to normal :D
Odin, anyone messes around with me sig, ill just put the one back where you said that you were tossing stuff off thanatos for 2 hours :lol:

Judge
07-08-03, 12:48
lol I only just noticed that it had been changed.

Hehe, someone's got their revenge :p

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 12:50

ok...

one... more... time... :D

capiche ?

and if, in fact, that is the deciding factor in my banning then i will have demonstrated KK's crappy customer support/poor GM/Mod attitude on it's own terms.

some will understand...some won't.

Original monk
07-08-03, 12:53
Sadly this is a pretty accurate summary. The up-side is that with a bit of luck they will all have got bored or banned in a month or two and Saturn can return to being the fun and largely freindly place it has been for most of it's life.

I especially like the second part of what you say, the banned in a month or two :p i wish it got back like in the real beginnin, like the first months of saturn, it started about a 3 months ago, the bitching naggin, suspiscion etc that screwed up like the whole server, to get to my point: when all the lamers (no i dont mean PKers i mean lamers) are fully gone i gonna push in capslock and spam a 1000 times: IM STILL STANING BETTER THEN I EVER DID, WALKING LIKE A TRUE SURVIVOR, TALKING LIKE A LITTLE KID, IM STILL STANDING, YEAH YEAH YEAH :D :D

lol not a 1000 times offcourse but ya get the point, i hope in sum time the sever will be purified of all evil ( and no i dont mean a PK, i mean people that are trying to make it hell on the server for their own pleasure) theres allready loads of oldskool people and vets that left i dont wonna see some more people leave cause of the bad atmospheres flowing true saturn, i hope Obatala succeeds to bring us serenity,peace, purity and harmony

djskum
07-08-03, 12:54

Fingers crossed matey. Not one day goes by where some little twerp sexes me and tells me how l337 they are...

If they could only see me laughing at them as I chug my beer they prolly wouldn't bother ;-)

DjSKum

PS Oh and someone was trying to dis me the other night coz' I post on the community boards, when the runner in question leaves school and gets a job then said runner will realise that playing games in the office is not the "done thing". However posting is the next best think. But hey I want to enjoy the game and get involved in the community must make me a real gaylord...

hinch
07-08-03, 12:56

no one will care though

we will have a nice little gm event party to celebrate at the end of the day if you go nobody cares and everyone still goes on same applies for everyone your bitching and whining and "proof" of kk`s crap customer service are negated because you are forgotten nobody will even remember what you ever posted.

get over it its life

HellHound
07-08-03, 12:57
OMFG :mad: ODIN YOU ASS! YOU DID THIS DIDNT YOU !!! :mad:

Or danae did it O_o she was in it originally

LMAO... hmm, wonder how long it would have taken you to notice. :D

Original monk
07-08-03, 13:01
But hey I want to enjoy the game and get involved in the community must make me a real gaylord...

Then i will be youre numba 2 gaylord LoL altough i love shaggin the girls (1 at a time ffcourse) :angel: and yeah the boards are a good way to keep in touch with all happening online when im not gamin :P

ps: with all do respect for the real gays and lesbians amongst us.

Danae
07-08-03, 13:03
and if, in fact, that is the deciding factor in my banning then i will have demonstrated KK's crappy customer support/poor GM/Mod attitude on it's own terms.

The only poor attitude around here is yours. I suggest you take Odin's warning seriously. Your constantly trolling and insulting is not going to be tolerated by him or anyone else. You've been warned, get over it, stop taking this thread off topic and drawing attention to yourself.

PS. Nice sig Fenyx...

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 13:05
Originally posted by Danae
The only poor attitude around here is yours. I suggest you take Odin's warning seriously. Your constantly trolling and insults is not going to be tolerated by him or anyone else. You've been warned, get over it, stop taking this thread off topic and drawing attention to yourself.

another fine, shining example of the power-trip attitude that is a contributing factor to the dwindling population. (on topic)

and then, i love the mod consistency when they bag on me for going on topic, but will let several posts about you being "thick" go on in someone's sig. that have anything to do with the dwindling population? oh...right....it doesn't.

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 13:05
OK, Sinead O'Connor, let's try and clear this up a little.

2) KK having poor customer serviceThis is not trolling. Personally, I strongly disagree with the statement but I would not seek to stop you from stating it if that truly is your belief.

1) KK not knowing what the hell they are doingThis is trolling. It's an entirely subjective, specious statement that serves no purpose other than to invite flames and belittle KK. Continued statements such as this can result in a justified temporary ban from the forums.

@\\Fényx// - change your sig immediately please - it's a flame.

@everyone else - this isn't flame Sinead O'Connor day on the forums so please stop. Thanks.

N

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 13:07
alright, 1) won't be stated again.

(however, when you have a company that put freezers in the game, nerfs them (even the monk freezers) one patch, puts some of the freezers back next patch, then nerfs it again in a later patch.....what do you call that? does it sound like they know what they are doing to you?)

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 13:07
Originally posted by Danae
The only poor attitude around here is yours. I suggest you take Odin's warning seriously. Your constantly trolling and insulting is not going to be tolerated by him or anyone else. You've been warned, get over it, stop taking this thread off topic and drawing attention to yourself.

PS. Nice sig Fenyx...

8| ok changing it now nid =/

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 13:12
alright, 1) won't be stated again.

(however, when you have a company that put freezers in the game, nerfs them (even the monk freezers) one patch, puts some of the freezers back next patch, then nerfs it again in a later patch.....what do you call that? does it sound like they know what they are doing to you?)

Trying to balance it because it _was_ over powerd, it _did_ mess up pvp for most people and the general census was that it just made PvP a joke.
kinda scraping the barrel now aint ya :rolleyes: bringing up something thats a months old issue

I miss my sig... Arcadius's quote owned even Odin's one :(

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 13:16
there are fine, shining examples with damn near every "tweak" they make.

jernau
07-08-03, 13:16
Sorry that this is off-topic but am I the only one who no longer gets the "post last edited by....." notices under peoples sigs if they change stuff?

Reason I post it here is because 2 of the posts above have been edited to my knowledge so it's easy to see if you do/don't get them now.

HellHound
07-08-03, 13:18
Sorry that this is off-topic but am I the only one who no longer gets the "post last edited by....." notices under peoples sigs if they change stuff?

Reason I post it here is because 2 of the posts above have been edited to my knowledge so it's easy to see if you do/don't get them now.

Yeah, I've been noticing the same when editing my posts... I think it's only after a certain amount of time has passed you get the message?

Ren
07-08-03, 13:24
i was right! fenix does post every 61 seconds!

anyway, what was this thread about?

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 13:25
Balancing is, by its very nature, a gradual process. It's impossible to predict how even small changes can affect the progress of a complex adaptive system.

BTW, you now have three minutes to correct any typos before the "edited by..." message appears.

N

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 13:27
Originally posted by Nidhogg
It's impossible to predict how even small changes can affect the progress of a complex adaptive system.

well, i supposed that depends on how much you know about the process, doesn't it?

djskum
07-08-03, 13:27
Originally posted by Original monk
Then i will be youre numba 2 gaylord LoL altough i love shaggin the girls (1 at a time ffcourse) :angel: and yeah the boards are a good way to keep in touch with all happening online when im not gamin :P

ps: with all do respect for the real gays and lesbians amongst us.

lol, i wasn't using the word gaylord in a derogatory way, it was more sarchastic regarding the way that people (in this game specificaly) resort to useing the word rather than engaging their brains...

But you can be my number 2 anytime...

Oh and I come from a community (old DOAC clan) that used our own forums ALL the time, my post count was very very high ;-) It was a great way to keep in contact, a real community feeling! We'd descuss what we'd do that night ingame, how boring our jobs are and what we'd had for lunch etc, just fun with friends and isn't that what it's all about?

DjSKum
I post therefore I am, gay... It's twisted logic but I like it!

Ren
07-08-03, 13:28
well they know alot more about the "process" than you... unless of course you've made serval sucessive MMOPRGS and not told anyone.

you try keeping everyone happy when everyone wants something different.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 13:34
Originally posted by Ren
well they know alot more about the "process" than you... unless of course you've made serval sucessive MMOPRGS and not told anyone.

you try keeping everyone happy when everyone wants something different.

These are the words of a man that makes sence 8|

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 13:35
well, i supposed that depends on how much you know about the process, doesn't it? Incorrect. The system is composed of hundreds of small rules leading to many thousands of complex interactions. The structure is easy to comprehend but the behaviour is impossible to predict.

N

/edit - and that's before you factor people into the equation. o_O

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 14:12
The structure is easy to comprehend but the behaviour is impossible to predict.

N

/edit - and that's before you factor people into the equation. o_O

my clan, over TS, was able to predict the majority of behavior suggested with each patch with surprising accuracy.

so, i'll modify your statement, "....the behavior is impossible for [KK] to predict."

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 14:18
my clan, over TS, was able to predict the majority of behavior suggested with each patch with surprising accuracy.

so, i'll modify your statement, "....the behavior is impossible for [KK] to predict."

oh my its the messiah, they see all and hear all :rolleyes: oh great one when will the city of DoY be appearing ?

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 14:23
so, i'll modify your statement, "....the behavior is impossible for [KK] to predict." You're not quite grasping this whole "trolling is bad" concept there are you?

N

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 14:24
You're not quite grasping this whole "trolling is bad" concept there are you?

N

:lol: owned

Original monk
07-08-03, 14:26
lol, i wasn't using the word gaylord in a derogatory way, it was more sarchastic regarding the way that people (in this game specificaly) resort to useing the word rather than engaging their brains...

But you can be my number 2 anytime...

Oh and I come from a community (old DOAC clan) that used our own forums ALL the time, my post count was very very high ;-) It was a great way to keep in contact, a real community feeling! We'd descuss what we'd do that night ingame, how boring our jobs are and what we'd had for lunch etc, just fun with friends and isn't that what it's all about?

DjSKum
I post therefore I am, gay... It's twisted logic but I like it!

ow ow ok then :P

And yeah considda me youre numba 2, or co-pilot or whatever ya wonna call it :P

Cogito, ergo sum [or] je pense, donc je suis (1596-1650) Lol now i get it, i like descartes also :P

And yeah the goal is FUN and chattin around about the relaxed things in life.

Have fun postin, gaming

hinch
07-08-03, 14:30
You're not quite grasping this whole "trolling is bad" concept there are you?

N

its abit dim niddy
think of it like talking to a tank and teaching them to tie theyre own boot lace`s.

lots of single sylliable worlds and no more than 5 letters
and you have to repeat your self alot

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 14:33
Originally posted by hinch
its abit dim niddy
think of it like talking to a tank and teaching them to tie theyre own boot lace`s.

lots of single sylliable worlds and no more than 5 letters
and you have to repeat your self alot

me got dem velkrow fingys on me boots :)

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 14:33
Off-topic and a bit flamey.

N