PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye locked GRs

shalille
07-08-03, 05:02
Shalille is deleted, grats to the lucky ppls who got her gear on pluto.

nonamebrandeggs
07-08-03, 05:04
:'( Onos.

bounty
07-08-03, 05:09
damn....so i can't get your stuff :confused:

neophotographer
07-08-03, 05:10
Originally posted by shalille
Shalille is deleted, grats to the lucky ppls who got her gear on pluto.

:( there goes another good rare resser I use. beh. *waves bye bye* hope you have fun wherever you go.

Stacey

oh yeah...Leaving thread...Closed..

N

:p

:lol

Nixon
07-08-03, 05:13
Uh.. another quitter in a short time. :/

You cant quit Neocron without rehab! (c) Zokk

Next morning u wake up shaking for your Neocrack.

Spoon
07-08-03, 05:35
I think there's going to be more threads like this in the near future..

KK got another timesink into the game, I just wonder how many customers it's going to cost them......

Nixon
07-08-03, 06:50
Why isn't this locked yet? :P

Bad Nidd! BAD!

FBI
07-08-03, 07:00
Originally posted by Nixon
Why isn't this locked yet? :P

Bad Nidd! BAD!

Let the mods do their job, have a big warm cup of stfu.

As for shalille, what's wrong? i was leveling with you in the
chaos cave today.. weird

SigmaDraconis
07-08-03, 07:05
waaa deal with it?

oh wait i im in a clan with access to 90% of the OPs on pluto i shouldnt talk :\

Nvidia
07-08-03, 07:24
Sorry to see you go, Shalille, you were always nice to me :( Hope you come back to check out DoY, you know it's impossible to stay away from teh crack forever.

Either way, I wish you good luck in the long run. I really do hope to see you back in the future. *sigh* And another one bites the dust...

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 07:40
shal sorry to see you go but you have a valid reason for leaving.

KK needs to wake up....

I told em that the clans wouldnt care about getting gr money.

They should have implmented other gr's in the world to make up for what they did.

Stupidest thing ever. Fire whoever thought of it(not putting in extra gr's). Belt on other side of planet say bye to belt.

Promethius
07-08-03, 07:59
*awaits the moderater to close this thread*

=\

Sunab_Naverith
07-08-03, 08:00
KK fucked up massively with this last patch. I am just glad that I have no real reason to GR half way around the damn wastelands anymore. I am also gonna be gone on a trip till the second week in September, let us hope that KK gets their f00king act together by then, or maybe my nerfed un-ubered monkey may decide to retire o_O.

*edit= woohoo! I beat nid ! *runs*

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 08:26
How the hell did KK fuck up by making parts of the game otherwise ignored more used?

- Vehicles are getting more use now.

- Ops have more importance

- Game world feels larger due to not being able to travel the map in 2 seconds

- Faction wars have heated up

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 08:51
neo they didnt fuckj up by doing that they fucked up by not adding the other genreps which they clearly stated they would add. This means that solo hunters are now screwed if they die. as byu the time they get back to their belts they will 99% of the time be hacked and gone.

MjukisDjur
07-08-03, 08:57
tjohej

Arcadius
07-08-03, 09:08
Originally posted by IronMonkey
neo they didnt fuckj up by doing that they fucked up by not adding the other genreps which they clearly stated they would add. This means that solo hunters are now screwed if they die. as byu the time they get back to their belts they will 99% of the time be hacked and gone.

yup

And not adding alot more asgs like they promised. They added ONE MORE!!!

ffs

And vehicles IMO need an overhaul. For god's sake some of the vehicles are sooooo slow.

My wheeler can outrun people but at such a slow pace. It's like the vehicle has 150 ath/150 ag. It should be WAYYYYYYY faster.

god.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 09:18

Guess they should..

A) Get a Vehicle

B) Hunt closer to an area they can get to

C) Join a more powerful Faction/Clan

D) Get out there and help their faction/clan become more dominant

E) Do it on a faction level if they don't want to join a clan.

F) All of the above

And.. remember LE chippers don't drop a belt so thats not a valid excuse.

Theres more then just "You" in this game.. in reality "You" are nothing.. basically just like a droner.. nothing but a meatsack.. It's all about the factions really. What power hungry group really gives a shit about their members when they got an infinite supply they can draw from? Thats like saying the PSI's cared about their GenTanks when they built their PA.. when in reality they only cared enough that they would survive the radiation long enough to fight... beyond that they didnt care at all and just carried on mass producing them.

Carinth
07-08-03, 09:20
I'm working on a little project to illustrate how screwed up the faction/gr system is. Every day I login I take a SS of the worldmap with faction colors on. Sometimes I take a SS later on at night if enough has changed. After several weeks, maybe a month, I will merge them together into a nice little video. It should show how the factions flow back and forth accross the map. It will also show up it is exclusively three or four factions at most that control ops. Of those it is only one or two that have any significant number of ops. Yes lets encourage everyone to join one of the two big factions and then join the biggest clans in those factions. Screw everyone else!

PS. Politicly this is referring to Pluto, though I've heard similar has hapened on other servers with a few factions owning everything.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 09:22
Originally posted by Carinth
I'm working on a little project to illustrate how screwed up the faction/gr system is. Every day I login I take a SS of the worldmap with faction colors on. Sometimes I take a SS later on at night if enough has changed. After several weeks, maybe a month, I will merge them together into a nice little video. It should show how the factions flow back and forth accross the map. It will also show up it is exclusively three or four factions at most that control ops. Of those it is only one or two that have any significant number of ops. Yes lets encourage everyone to join one of the two big factions and then join the biggest clans in those factions. Screw everyone else!

PS. Politicly this is referring to Pluto, though I've heard similar has hapened on other servers with a few factions owning everything.

True somewhat.. Take out Option C then..

Aim more for D & E..

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 09:26
Neo im sorry but your dead wrong even if you are ina powerful faction clan you will ahgve to hunt alone at some point. You will have to hutn alone neo. Perhaps you dont understand this but any city based clan does not have the ability to hunt higher level mobs close to the city. You have a few options north east of the map thats it. Well that is if you actually want to gain xp. Secondly not all clans are for pk alot of clans are based ont radeskills and resources therefore they are not always taking ops neo. But thats right you all want KK to make this game especially for the PKer and screw everyone else. Why do people in massive clans always have to use "there well u can be this or that". there should be options for all players NEO not just PKERS and griefers. As it stands right now LEing is useless at high levels for some classes. Because they HAVE toi hunt in groups and NEED the buffs from certain people in order to survive. So no neo this isnt your perfect force everyone to be a BIG CLAN pker. And if it becoems this you can say goodbye to all your uber tradeskillers you rely on. Get a clue and try playing the game or understanding and respecting the other side of the debates opinion. Stop trying to force everyoen to be you. Especially when your not KK, and they stated they would do it. They lied therefor we expect them to follow through with their words.

Even witha vehicle neo if you die u lost your vehicle, wash rine repeat now your vehicle gets destroyed and your belt gets hacked. you cant recall the vehicle. So u have to run across the planet to get your belt and hope yourvehicle has survived. KK stated they would add more asg's and also genreps to avoid this. They didn't. So hush. Whats option XYZ going to be own 6 vehicles at a time?

Carinth
07-08-03, 09:30
Originally posted by NeoWolfie
Guess they should..

A) Get a Vehicle

F) All of the above

Theres more then just "You" in this game.. in reality "You" are nothing.. basically just like a droner.. nothing but a meatsack.. It's all about the factions really. What power hungry group really gives a shit about their members when they got an infinite supply they can draw from? Thats like saying the PSI's cared about their GenTanks when they built their PA.. when in reality they only cared enough that they would survive the radiation long enough to fight... beyond that they didnt care at all and just carried on mass producing them.

Please seriously think about what you're saying. I am Tsunami on Saturn, but as I understand it I have a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere there. I'm clanless and none of the clans appear to be very strong at all in Tsunami. On Pluto I have a slightly higher chance, because my clan is one of the top clans on the server. Yet still, because we don't regularly go out and hack 10 ops a day, only TG/TT can get around easily. Even then most clans end up settin their turrets to clan only. I recall talking to Tangents who couldn't go anywhere either because the primary Tangent clans set their ops to clan only.

Woohoo you played the trump card, Vehicles! Lets talk about synching, crashing, losing half your team along the way, having to spend ages to get to your target, the sporadic vehicle depot coverage, the very sporadic free gr coverage, the expensive nature of vehicles which can still be destroyed by malicious individuals very easily.

I could go on... but thats enough for now. When I pull up the map and realize I hafta cross 5 zones to get to a hunting area, I will most likely log out and go play another game. It's just not worth my time.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 09:33
Neo im sorry but your dead wrong even if you are ina powerful faction clan you will ahgve to hunt alone at some point. You will have to hutn alone neo. Perhaps you dont understand this but any city based clan does not have the ability to hunt higher level mobs close to the city. You have a few options north east of the map thats it. Well that is if you actually want to gain xp. Secondly not all clans are for pk alot of clans are based ont radeskills and resources therefore they are not always taking ops neo. But thats right you all want KK to make this game especially for the PKer and screw everyone else. Why do people in massive clans always have to use there will u can be this or that. there should be options for all players NEO not just PKERS and griefers. As it stands right now LEing is useless at high levels for some classes. Because they HAVE toi hunt in groups and NEED the buffs from certain people in order to survive. So no neo this isnt your perfect force everyone to be a BIG CLAN pker. And if it becoems this you can say goodbye to all your uber tradeskillers you rely on. Get a clue and try playing the game or understanding and respecting the other side of the debates opinion. Stop trying to force everyoen to be you. Especially when your not KK, and they stated they would do it. They lied therefor we expect them to follow through with their words.

First Off.. I Hunt Solo more then I do in a group..

Second.. I rarely if ever PK or even PVP.. Tho lately I have started to more and more but generally only if attacked first..

Third.. I've been using a vehicle since I started playing this game and using it to hunt with.,

Fourth.. I have my own Tradeskiller's.. and I have enough contacts in-game that I can find someone else to tradeskill for me if I need it.

Fifth.. Instead of bitching about how the genr rules fuck up the game because "This" area of the game is screwed.. or "That" area of the game is screwed and forces you to do something that the genr rules hinder.. try addressing the real issues..

Sixth.. Try paragraphs instead of run-on speech.. much easier to read..

Originally posted by Carinth
Please seriously think about what you're saying. I am Tsunami on Saturn, but as I understand it I have a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere there. I'm clanless and none of the clans appear to be very strong at all in Tsunami. On Pluto I have a slightly higher chance, because my clan is one of the top clans on the server. Yet still, because we don't regularly go out and hack 10 ops a day, only TG/TT can get around easily. Even then most clans end up settin their turrets to clan only. I recall talking to Tangents who couldn't go anywhere either because the primary Tangent clans set their ops to clan only.

Woohoo you played the trump card, Vehicles! Lets talk about synching, crashing, losing half your team along the way, having to spend ages to get to your target, the sporadic vehicle depot coverage, the very sporadic free gr coverage, the expensive nature of vehicles which can still be destroyed by malicious individuals very easily.

I could go on... but thats enough for now. When I pull up the map and realize I hafta cross 5 zones to get to a hunting area, I will most likely log out and go play another game. It's just not worth my time.

I have a Tsunami Char on Saturn.. and I happen to know a couple Tsunami clans.. which lately have been getting even stronger. I'm guessing you missed the whole team up of Tsunami/Fallen Angels/City Mercs against New Dawn recently..

Vehicles from my own use of them have gotten alot more stable.. and are not as easy to kill anymore..

As for your "I have to cross 5 zones.. omg... i cant stand it I'm gonna go play something else" crap.. damn your fucking lazy arent you?.. spoiled by being able ot genrep across the map in 5 seconds and whining like a baby.... :rolleyes:

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 09:35
Seventh KK stated what they would do neo stop defending them for lying to their customers.

Eigth, nothing beats a child, or an adult who acts as such. Attempting to correct and adult on his lit comprehension. I am not posting here for a spelling bee award. Nor, am I here to post proper grammatical sentances.

It is 3:30 A.M. in the morning. I spend 12 hours a day running my business. There is no need for me to come here and post in proper sentance structure. Just so you can read it with ease. Perhaps you should choose not to play an international game. You know english is not everyones first language. Yet, you must try and correct me on mine.

Although if I actually cared as you see in this post. I could post without problem. Yet, I care not. I am here for fun, it is a game. This is for leisure. This is not some board room function. Nor, is it a class. Please do not humble yourself to stoop so low as to try to correct someone on their literary skills. There is so much more beneficial things you could do with your time.

Lanigav
07-08-03, 09:39
Personally, I think making the world harder to travel doesn't make it seem larger. It just makes it...harder to travel. :p

Now, adding worthwhile content to sectors that nobody ever goes to, that makes it feel larger, because now you have some place else to go aside from CRP, Gab Mine, Graves, or warbot sectors.

A) Get a Vehicle

Some people, such as rifle users, don't really have dex points to spare for VHC. Getting decent ones built can also be expensive, and you need to hunt to get money.

Unless you're TG, City Merc, or a high level tank, getting to desirable places without getting killed is pretty hard. Recovering your belt if you die from it is even harder, because the mob that killed you is usually hovering right above it when you get back. And most players are in clans and can't use LEs.

Forcing someone to do that is retarded. Some people want to roleplay a certain faction, or just like a faction/clan for a certain reason or another. The game shouldn't force you to be in a giant clan just to get anything done, or be in a certain faction you don't want to be in.

Doing so requires money and loot from hunting, along with being in a giant clan. If you can't get anywhere, then how are you supposed to get the money and parts you need to become more dominant?

Basically you have to be giant uber shit to do something like that on a faction level, and contrary to uber belief, not everyone is near capped or capped with all the rares they need.

Again, most players are in a clan, so yes, it is.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 09:40
Seventh KK stated what they would do neo stop defending them for lying to their customers.

I'm not defending them.. They should put a few more in.. but your all acting like spoilecd kids about the whole damn thing.

So it takes you 10mins longer to get somewhere.. So fucking what!.. Adds a little more danager to the game doesn't it? "Oh shit I have to be careful.. I might die here and it'll take me longer then 10seconds ot get back here..".. give me a fucking break..

Originally posted by Lanigav
Personally, I think making the world harder to travel doesn't make it seem larger. It just makes it...harder to travel. :p

Now, adding worthwhile content to sectors that nobody ever goes to, that makes it feel larger, because now you have some place else to go aside from CRP, Gab Mine, Graves, or warbot sectors.

Some people, such as rifle users, don't really have dex points to spare for VHC. Getting decent ones built can also be expensive, and you need to hunt to get money.

Unless you're TG, City Merc, or a high level tank, getting to desirable places without getting killed is pretty hard. Recovering your belt if you die from it is even harder, because the mob that killed you is usually hovering right above it when you get back. And most players are in clans and can't use LEs.

Forcing someone to do that is retarded. Some people want to roleplay a certain faction, or just like a faction/clan for a certain reason or another. The game shouldn't force you to be in a giant clan just to get anything done, or be in a certain faction you don't want to be in.

Doing so requires money and loot from hunting, along with being in a giant clan. If you can't get anywhere, then how are you supposed to get the money and parts you need to become more dominant?

Basically you have to be giant uber shit to do something like that on a faction level, and contrary to uber belief, not everyone is near capped or capped with all the rares they need.

Again, most players are in a clan, so yes, it is.

Adding Content to useless areas I agree with.. I'd go for that more then filling the world with 50 Genreps again.

Read my Info.. I'm a Rifle user.. the lowest Vehicles don't require much at all.. when capped a Rifle user would lose about 4 points off RC.. hell I have Recycle AGL, VHC and RC.. Again tho.. as I stated before no one is willing ot address anything on a different level.. Rifles are a DEX based weapon.. instead of lookin at a core issue of all DEX Based weapon using classes where their DEX subskills are so heavily relied on compared to every other class.. you attack the Vehicles themselves as not being an option.. :rolleyes:

If you don't have your LE in cuz your in a clan.. you got no excuse really.. Suck it up.. you chose that route. Not my fault your clan is weak.. and you don't care about your faction.. And as I said after Carinth pointed out.. Ignore option C.

Money.. I used to make 200k in about an hr just from hunting at Jerikko..

Again.. Uber shit to afford rares.. Core issue is the fact rares are required.. Again.. ignoring the real problem and blaming it on something else..

Hidden Godoffej
07-08-03, 09:45
I come from EQ, so I'm used to walking across the frelling world to get where I need to be... but at least in EQ zoning was STABLE.

Every-other time I zone here, I get either an FRE, a C++ Runtime Error, or I just get stuck in sync. If KK would quit sitting on their thumbs and fix the bugs before adding new content (which I'm betting will be bugged to hell anyway), I'd have NO PROBLEM walking across five, ten, or twenty zones.

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 09:52
I'm not defending them.. They should put a few more in.. but your all acting like spoilecd kids about the whole damn thing.

So it takes you 10mins longer to get somewhere.. So fucking what!.. Adds a little more danager to the game doesn't it? "Oh shit I have to be careful.. I might die here and it'll take me longer then 10seconds ot get back here..".. give me a fucking break..

Eh, i have lost 5 friends in the past week over these changes. I have every right to act like a whiney spoiled brat if I wish. I defend KK on alot of points. Yet, when they do something stupid. I will make it absolutly clear in my posts.

What they have done is STUPID. 10 minuest extra. You are playing a different game than everyone else. Also, just to point out a few things. Personally I could care less about the changes they have done. As I am not hardly effected at all NEO. Yet alot of my friends are effected BIG time. Alot of them were the roleplayers and pure tradeskillers.

I hunt everyday around DOY and the surrounding zones. The point is simply when you say you are going to add such and such, before you do somthing. You do it. Because you or I, are not effected gives us ZERO rights to tell others to conform to our ways or get out. This is what you are doing neo.

Eh, strange considering, I'm supposed to be the spoiled brat.

They need to add 6 genreps. It's not so hard or difficult. Hell they could just add respawn stations and most people would be happy. But rather than do that or anything, they just ignore the situation and act as if no problem exists.

You keep talking about clans being weak neo. You have no idea what you are talking about. But as i stated,e verything is PK to you. You stated your a tradeskiller, yet you keep bringing up clans and weakness. Owning ops and all this other bs. That has nothign to do with the issues. the issue is KK lied, its simple. They stated they would do somthing. they didnt do it. They said clearly. We will add MORE ASG'S and FREE GENREPS, BEFORE the GR changes go into effect. What part of this do you not understand. It has nothing to do with clans being weak.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 10:01
Eh, i have lost 5 friends in the past week over these changes. I have every right to act like a whiney spoiled brat if I wish. I defend KK on alot of points. Yet, when they do something stuoid. I will make it absolutly clear in my posts.

What they have done is STUPID. 10 minuest extra. You are playing a different game than everyone else. Also, just to point out a few things. Personally I could care less about the changes they have done. As I am not hardly effected at all NEO. Yet alot of my friends are effected BIG time. Alot of them were the roleplayers and pure tradeskillers.

I hunt everyday around and the surrounding zones. The point is simply when you say you are going to add such and such, before you do somthing. You do it. Because you or I, are not effected gives us ZERO rights to tell others to conform to our ways or get out. This is what you are doing neo.

Eh, strange considering, I'm supposed to be the spoiled brat.

People quiting over simple shit like this is like people commiting suicide because they life threw them a curveball basically.. Or better yet.. there was some guy who killed his family cuz he was a spoiled rich kid.. he was so used to living the good life and not having ot do a damn thing.. that when his Dad told him he had ot work for a living and earn his inharitance when he graduated from university.. he couldnt handle it and killed them all to collect it.

10 minutes extra was in reply to Carinths whine about travelling 5 zones. Hover tech travels a zone in about a minute.. if that.. 10 minutes was being generous really..

No Carinth is the spoiled brat for leaving the game to go play something else or getting the urge to just because he has to travel 5 zones instead of just genr-repping there in 5 seconds..

SynC_187
07-08-03, 10:02

Not all of us can spend hours playing the game, so it makes a big difference.

On average I get about an hour a day. So 10 minutes to get somewhere, I've got 10 minutes to get back, so that leaves me 40 minutes, 1/3 of my time lost, to hunt. Thats if I don't die.

If I do die I've got 5 minutes waiting for SI to wear off, 5 minutes to get poked etc (when you can find one), and another 10 minutes to get back to my belt.

Now I'm down to 20 minutes.

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 10:04
People quiting over simple shit like this is like people commiting suicide because they life threw them a curveball basically.. Or better yet.. there was some guy who killed his family cuz he was a spoiled rich kid.. he was so used to living the good life and not having ot do a damn thing.. that when his Dad told him he had ot work for a living and earn his inharitance when he graduated from university.. he couldnt handle it and killed them all to collect it.

Ok, I'm now officially done with you. Thank you for comparing murder and such to a person not having fun whatsoever in a videogame anymore, because of some changes in which were not supposed to happen at all.

Have a nice night.

Carinth
07-08-03, 10:10
If I had the link, I would post it, were MJS says something along the lines of "I don't crash when I play the game and we don't have many reports of it, so I don't believe its a big deal" He also says lag isn't an issue. That's the same kind of attitude you're taking here, Neo. It only takes you 10 minutes and you don't crash that often at all, well good for you! You hunt by yourself, thus you're not trying to organize 4 or more people going together to a hunting area. At each zone border you are very likely to lose at least one person. I myself crash/synch out every few zone borders. Sometimes I'm lucky, I'll make it accross 5 or so, but it will hit me sooner or later. Back when they first put the APC in, I was ecstatic, I thought we could actualy move groups of people around nc. Boy I was wrong, you spend more time looking for people that fell out, then you do driving to the target. I mean you can easily take half an hour or more to get somewhere. I'm not complaining because it actualy takes me half an hour to drive somewhere. I'm complaining because the game is so buggy that it forces me to take drasticly longer then I should. You can't say vehicles are a viable alternative to gr's in their current state. When kk sat down and decided to make these changes to gr's they should have made damn sure vehicles would work as a viable alternative. We're upset because they didn't do that, they simply went ahead with a major change.

Right, so I'm not going to get into name calling here. Once again you're assuming this is just me driving (im a ppu btw), and you're assuming I nor anyone with me doesn't crash/synch. The downtime each crash/synch adds is quite a lot. Your estimate of 10 minutes is very much on the low side. If you are lucky maybe, but you're lookin at half an hour at least is more like it.

Lanigav
07-08-03, 10:11
Again.. ignoring the real problem and blaming it on something else..

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of some of the bigger problems that the current ones stem from, I'm just countering your arguements based on the here and now, since these bigger problems obviously aren't going to be fixed anytime soon.

But yes, right now, for most riflers, vehicles aren't an option, regardless of where the problem stems from.

If you don't have your LE in cuz your in a clan.. you got no excuse really.. Suck it up.. you chose that route. Not my fault your clan is weak.. and you don't care about your faction.. And as I said after Carinth pointed out.. Ignore option C.

That's silly reasoning. Being in a clan should be an asset, not a heavy burden that screws you over. Yes, it should expose you to various risks, but should making the world nigh impossible to travel within a reasonable time be one of them? I sure as hell don't think so.

And making a clan stronger is much, much, MUCH more difficult than you make it out to be. You're a smart fellow, you should know this. Its only as strong as the weakest link in the chain, and requiring you to have 100 links in that chain is unreasonable. I'm a member of a 3 member clan on Uranus, and before this patch, going out and hunting was a blast. Now, its impossible to do much of anything, and we're effectively screwed. We don't want to be in a huge clan, we just want to be in our own little group. We shouldn't be penalized in such a huge way for it.

Money.. I used to make 200k in about an hr just from hunting at Jerikko

Sorry, but hunting cyclops all day when you earn absolutely no exp from them is boring as fucking hell. Why do that when you can hunt in the Graves, Chaos caves, or elsewhere and get money AND exp? Oh wait, yeah, because all the GR's are closed.

This is not life. Life is generally frustrating and not fair or fun. The alternative isn't all that pleasant either.

This is a game. They're supposed to be fair and fun with as little frustration as possible. The alternative is to just quit and play something else that provides what this one doesn't.

If this game has become so close to real life that you can't differentiate between the two, you have some serious problems you need to address.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 10:14
Originally posted by SynC_187
Not all of us can spend hours playing the game, so it makes a big difference.

On average I get about an hour a day. So 10 minutes to get somewhere, I've got 10 minutes to get back, so that leaves me 40 minutes, 1/3 of my time lost, to hunt. Thats if I don't die.

If I do die I've got 5 minutes waiting for SI to wear off, 5 minutes to get poked etc (when you can find one), and another 10 minutes to get back to my belt.

Now I'm down to 20 minutes.

Theres other areas to blame for the downfalls of the game. Maybe now they will get looked at.. and from your post.. I can tell you won't be touching SW:G anytimes oon.. since it can take you 30minutes just to heal.. and 40mins just ot get to where your going..

Ok, I'm now officially done with you. Thank you for comparing murder and such to a person not having fun whatsoever in a videogame anymore, because of some changes in which were not supposed to happen at all.

Have a nice night.

Ok.. I'll clear this up..

It's not about the act that was commited in either case.. It's more the underlying psychological part.. The fact they either

A) Give up to easy..

B) Are too self centered.. spoiled.. whiny little brats..

Originally posted by Lanigav
Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of some of the bigger problems that the current ones stem from, I'm just countering your arguements based on the here and now, since these bigger problems obviously aren't going to be fixed anytime soon.

But yes, right now, for most riflers, vehicles aren't an option, regardless of where the problem stems from.

Get after them on the root of the problem then.. Not on buds..

That's silly reasoning. Being in a clan should be an asset, not a heavy burden that screws you over. Yes, it should expose you to various risks, but should making the world nigh impossible to travel within a reasonable time be one of them? I sure as hell don't think so.

Why wouldnt it?.. Your a known part of an organisation that obviously isn't like that much. Of course others are going ot make it as hard for you as possible.

And making a clan stronger is much, much, MUCH more difficult than you make it out to be. You're a smart fellow, you should know this. Its only as strong as the weakest link in the chain, and requiring you to have 100 links in that chain is unreasonable. I'm a member of a 3 member clan on Uranus, and before this patch, going out and hunting was a blast. Now, its impossible to do much of anything, and we're effectively screwed. We don't want to be in a huge clan, we just want to be in our own little group. We shouldn't be penalized in such a huge way for it.

I know making a strong clan is hard.. But I also seemt o remember that the main focus of this game is the factions themselves.. not the individual clans. Which is why KK seemt o be tailoring the game more towards factions and not the Clans themselves..

Sorry, but hunting cyclops all day when you earn absolutely no exp from them is boring as fucking hell. Why do that when you can hunt in the Graves, Chaos caves, or elsewhere and get money AND exp? Oh wait, yeah, because all the GR's are closed.

Nothing was said about Exp.. just money. Most of the City Factions can goto MB right?.. or Elfriad?.. The Underground City is there and open again is it not?..

This is not life. Life is generally frustrating and not fair or fun. The alternative isn't all that pleasant either.

This is a game. They're supposed to be fair and fun with as little frustration as possible. The alternative is to just quit and play something else that provides what this one doesn't.

If this game has become so close to real life that you can't differentiate between the two, you have some serious problems you need to address.

My whole point behind all of this is that when people have a problem with a change.. they don't address why it's even a problem.. Instead they whine.. bitch.. cry.. and leave or threaten too..

SynC_187
07-08-03, 10:17
It's not about the act that was commited in either case.. It's more the underlying psychological part.. The fact they either

A) Give up to easy..

B) Are too self centered.. spoiled.. whiny little brats..

C) Do not have enough time to waste on another sink.

D) Play games for fun, and don't think thats what running across the map all day is.

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 10:21
sync i suggest you give up because he clearly does not understand. Nor does he care.

I could tell that as soon as he posted the whole murder thing. There is no underlying psycological aspect of playing a game for fun and it no longer being fun, that you can compare to murder. That is somthign much more primal on a hostile redundancy than is humility and or the joy of social engineering that is mmorpgs.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 10:30
sync i suggest you give up because he clearly does not understand. Nor does he care.

I could tell that as soon as he posted the whole murder thing. There is no underlying psycological aspect of playing a game for fun and it no longer being fun, that you can compare to murder. That is somthign much more primal on a hostile redundancy than is humility and or the joy of social engineering that is mmorpgs.

Call it a wake up call.. Look at the Forums.. look at how everyone acts..

I'll say it now. I love the game and for the most part the community..

I fucking hate 60% of the forum community.. Most useless collection of whiners ever assembled..

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 10:37
WILL NEO AND IRON PLEASE KISS AND MAKE UP !!!

cmon... jeez its just a bloody game o_O

Lanigav
07-08-03, 10:40
People whine (although decent explanations of why they are whining are also there) because stuff just doesn't get done that should when they simply point out the facts/their opinions, and they become frustrated.

Nothing was said about Exp.. just money. Most of the City Factions can goto MB right?.. or Elfriad?.. The Underground City is there and open again is it not?..

Most warbot areas are camped, and El Farid always already has a group down there. Beside, I always hated it when high level people came down there and ruined my exp run as a mid level player, and I'm not going to mirror that by going down there and doing the same.

Get after them on the root of the problem then.. Not on buds..

Again, I don't have a problem with that. KK, on the other hand, does. Besides, even if you pull out the root, more roots just come up in place where the previous one was. You have to make sure you get all the seeds before you go and pull the root (has flashbacks of Botany class :p).

SynC_187
07-08-03, 10:41
Call it a wake up call.. Look at the Forums.. look at how everyone acts..

I'll say it now. I love the game and for the most part the community..

I fucking hate 60% of the forum community.. Most useless collection of whiners ever assembled..

Stop whining :P

Not all of us whine. Until now I haven't posted anything complaining about this, but I do find it frustrating.

If I had a lot of time to play and could still achieve what I wanted to in a reasonable time I wouldn't mind. I also wouldn't mind it if faction power was balanced, but its not.

This will probably cause even more people to go TG on Saturn. What is left to do if almost everyone is on the same side?

It is easy to argue a point, it harder to be objective. You have come up with some good ideas, but they are not practical on all servers, and for all play styles. They might suit some people, but you have to try and consider everyone.

NeoWolfie
07-08-03, 10:41
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
WILL NEO AND IRON PLEASE KISS AND MAKE UP !!!

cmon... jeez its just a bloody game o_O

Errm.. kiss no..

Shake sure.. I have no problem with it. My guess with Iron is I touched an area he's picky about..

Tho for the record I do have a few people close to me that either have commited suicide or have attempted it.. Included a one time g/f who's life went downhill.

So yeah.. it is a close issue to me as well..

Sinead O'Connor
07-08-03, 10:42
i do recall a post about this very same topic about a week (or so) ago...oh...wait...i said the same thing in it.

*shrug*

the truely great ones are never recognized during their life time.

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 10:48
Leaving thread closed.

N