PDA

View Full Version : PSI PA suit on Saturn problem

Ultima
07-08-03, 00:23
1st off I can't get the guy to talk to me, I just get a black box with no text, 2nd time I try I cant even get the black box, 3rd time I try he's not there!! :(

Could any1 plz list the stats and what I need to go get for them please, I have gone thru all the threads and cant not find the info, if its there a link to it would be nice too ;)

I think Im after the lvl 2 suit (PPU)

Thx in advance ppl

neophotographer
07-08-03, 01:15
I get the same thing on pluto and have been told the guy is bugged, but other people can talk to him just fne. :wtf: any mods reading this want to mention what's up?

Stacey

Kaden
07-08-03, 01:19
I had this problem as well. From what I have been told, if u log out and then back in again a coupla (hundred) times, eventually he will talk to you.

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 01:20
It's to do with the size of the script. When you first talk to the NPC it downloads the script but since that one is so big it can actually time out while downloading, leading to a blank conversation bar. I think the only way to fix the problem is to relog and try again.

N

Lexxuk
07-08-03, 01:22
pfft Niddy, n for years they been sayin "size dont matter" :p

HellHound
07-08-03, 01:24
Originally posted by Lexxuk
pfft Niddy, n for years they been sayin "size dont matter" :p

But imagine having one 'so big' that it 'times out' while 'downloading'... 8|
Oh, I really shouldn't post anything at this time of night. :lol:

neophotographer
07-08-03, 02:04
Originally posted by Nidhogg
It's to do with the size of the script. When you first talk to the NPC it downloads the script but since that one is so big it can actually time out while downloading, leading to a blank conversation bar. I think the only way to fix the problem is to relog and try again.

N

:eek:

ok will try that, but I've tried it about 5 times. :(

Stacey

shalille
07-08-03, 02:46
Heres a tip that may help.

I noticed this bug on pluto, I relogged and tried again,several times, but same error, then I used task manager and noticed additional instances of neocron.exe still active in memory somehow.

So the fix is as follows: (in windows 98 at least)

Reboot PC:

Launch neocron and visit npc.

Then after you speak to the npc, and it is bugged, exit neocron and check task manager for any running neocrons, kill them all, then restart neocron and speak to the npc and it works :)

IMO somehow when you first speak to the npc it bugs the client, and then requires either a reboot , or taskmanager activity to fully kill the bugged client before you can then rerun neocron, log in to the zone and activate the npc successfully.

edit: probably why some ppl are more effected than others is to do with whatever OS is running, with some OS relogging is enough, with others you may need reboots etc...

Ultima
07-08-03, 03:42
well on Saturn the guy hasn't actually been there for the last 4 hours, is this another bug or has some thoughtless twats killed the NPC and it hasn't respawned?

jernau
07-08-03, 04:28
Originally posted by Ultima
well on Saturn the guy hasn't actually been there for the last 4 hours, is this another bug or has some thoughtless twats killed the NPC and it hasn't respawned?

If it's the one in the wastes he seems to be a very unlucky chap. In the first few days he was there I saw him ganked 3 times by plonkers and once by the Crahn guards.O_o

Ultima
07-08-03, 14:41
Ok this is silly, the guy is not there still, I have got at least 4 other ppl who cant see him either, so can a GM please reboot Pepper Park 3 on Saturn coz for what ever reason that the guy aint there no more he aint respawned.

Pleeeeaaase get the guy back for PSI suit mission please please please o good friendly GMs of ours pleeaassee ;)

Nidhogg
07-08-03, 16:25
Someone should be looking into this in the next few minutes.

N