PDA

View Full Version : WOW, the speedbike is TERRIBLE!

Arcadius
06-08-03, 23:28
Jesus. First of all based on the speed of the bike, it shouldn't even be called speedbike. God, the vehicles of NC need a serious overhaul. The SLOWEST vehicle should still be much faster than the fastest runner. It's incredibly silly that I was able to chase someone on their reveler and blow it up while they were in it. And if they hit ONE BUMP, it's over, it takes forever to accelerate to a good speed.

The only VHC that has good speed IMO is the hov-tec. And the way it can climb mountains at high speed is incredibly useful. When I purchased the speedbike I Thought it was going to be super fast(you know, because of the name) but the speed is pitiful.

Shame.

G.0.D.
06-08-03, 23:28
HAHA ur so wrong... who here cant outrun a mopehead?

Arcadius
06-08-03, 23:30
Originally posted by G.0.D.
HAHA ur so wrong... who here cant outrun a mopehead?

What the hell is a "mope" head?

Dribble Joy
06-08-03, 23:32
Don't wanna sound like a dick, but.... What's your VEH skill?

Some one said it makes no difference, but by my experiance that's bollocks. My spy has like 40 VEH, and her hover-tech flies, the same vehicle with my 25 VEH PE crawls like a stoned snail.
Yes the speedbike is too slow

Arcadius
06-08-03, 23:32
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Some one said it makes no difference, but by my experiance that's bollocks. My spy has like 40 VEH, and her hover-tech flies, the same vehicle with my 25 VEH PE crawls like a stoned snail.

I have 25 VEH, but my hov-tec flies too.

Dribble Joy
06-08-03, 23:34
hmmmmm, I go 'ave a look at it again...

Forget My Name
07-08-03, 00:08
My Blue Biek is awesome. I don't know what kind of speed your talking about, but I give you my account if you can outrun my Blue Bike.

\\Fényx//
07-08-03, 00:20
isnt it FPS based or they nerf that ?

hivemind
07-08-03, 00:20
The only VHC that has good speed IMO is the hov-tec. And the way it can climb mountains at high speed is incredibly useful.
Can't do that so much now, can you? Now that veh speed isn't based on framerates.

MrAnderson
07-08-03, 00:38
dont diss mopeds.... i got one.... o wait shit i can run as fast as it...

MrBane
07-08-03, 00:42
The Speedbike moves at a nice speed, considering it's land based, and don't forget, if you have vegetation detail off, chances are you're running through a heavy shrub area, thus being slowed down.

The hovertec speeds along nicely, and you can almost hit the top of the cliffs, but I think they may have put a perimeter up there, which is good, as it was an exploit anyway. (Read: They had no accessible in-game method to reach the top, thus, having to use extraneous methods is an exploit)

The Chaincraft also moves at a fair old nick too.

Ryuben
07-08-03, 00:51
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
isnt it FPS based or they nerf that ?

nerfed thats why they were so slow :rolleyes: don;'t u read patch notes or the seriouse threads in here :rolleyes: :p

Roc-a-fella
07-08-03, 01:07
stoned snail haha

El_MUERkO
07-08-03, 01:51
I think VEH does make a diffrence, when I was a noob I had 65 veh so I could drive the people carrier... eh... troop transit van ...eh... melted wheelie bin... anyway when I used a hover tech I shot across the map at a silly speed, I whizzed around MB for a hour one day trying to jump MB bunker.

/no i didnt succeed :(

IronMonkey
07-08-03, 08:00
El your post didnt make to muich sense. Could you kinda clear that up. Of course the hover goes faster than the troop carrier.

phunqe
07-08-03, 09:58
Originally posted by Arcadius
What the hell is a "mope" head?

It's spanish for mophead, which basically means you're having a really bad hair day.

Kasumi
07-08-03, 10:05
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

I have almost 101 Vehicle skill and i have yet to see a difference in speed as my vehicle skill increases o.o Maybe its just in your head? :)

SynC_187
07-08-03, 10:11
Originally posted by Kasumi
I have almost 101 Vehicle skill and i have yet to see a difference in speed as my vehicle skill increases o.o Maybe its just in your head? :)

*Agrees*

I drive everything up to the Rhino and I saw now speed increase as I added points.

El_MUERkO
07-08-03, 10:15
translation of meh earlier post:

VHC effected speed when I drove, FPS also had something to do with it but FPS has been nerfed :wtf:

Archeus
07-08-03, 10:17
I think VHC makes a difference as well.

I have 62 VHC and the bikes move so fast I am visibly sick (I cannot drive the hoverbike or I feel ill).

It used to be that when LE's had restrictions and you reached the LE level without an LE in the craft was at it's best response time.

Of course only KK can answer if it's true or not.

Yea also switch off vegitation while driving, makes a huge difference (even though crafts are no longer FPS locked).

Flarestar
11-08-03, 04:47
I had 30-something VEH for a long time. Then I LoM'd and boosted it to 62 so I could use the Troop Carrier. No difference in speed on any of my vehicles.

Flarestar Bladesinger