PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Point (Red) ??

NexusPlexus
06-08-03, 15:36
ok; last night for the first time i had a real stab at the ceres wally's in point red.

after a bit of rocket shagging and nifty tap dancing i come eyeball to eyeball with mr.big-boss-i-shoot-u-dead-now. a trip here, a fumble in the dark there and, i finally slap his ass like a rump should be slapped.
i thinks 'Hah! your treasure is MINE !!'. and i find none other than a tl90 rocket launcher, ok 2 of them. one with one slot, one with none. bit of an anticlimax 8-(
i check the ammo box and i find some scraps

(huh? wheres the secret trapdoor then ?)

now, other than a bit of constitution levelling and throwing ammo and med kits to the wind, whats the point of going there? i find no more than 2 ceres boy-n-da-hood per room and the boss.

for a lev 64 tank thats almost no str exp, mebbe ill go pick a fight with some poor warbots. much more con AND str exp there.:(

\\Fényx//
06-08-03, 15:39
they nerfed it and liek took out all the equipment cabinets, some people found stuff like stealth tools or cst/res tools in them :wtf:

Crest
06-08-03, 15:40
Hey Nexy boy

you know the deal about point red .... you were there. Its mean mosters with means guns that Killed you 4 times at least (Ok i know cause i did do the mouth to mouth stuff)

But yes all the hard work killing a couple of 90/90's
The face to face with the 120/120 slob and He is hell easier to kill than a chaser .... Got crap loot, and why ???

Forseti
06-08-03, 17:18
So you only play for the xp gain and the loot?

There is more to Neocron then that.

Crest
06-08-03, 17:23
Originally posted by Forseti

Ok so we established Exp is not awsome, the loot was dismal, and there was nothing at the end of the tunnel.

What other reason would there be to go to point red......

The mobs were not very exciting.....although yes the tank did die about 5 times as for me being ppu...hell i buff and rezz and repeat

Is there a secret that I dont know about when doing mobs, like another reason except cash and exp....

There are other elements to the game lkke trades and PVP but I asked the mutant if he wanted to trade, and he did , his life for the loot.... I think he should have lived

*ph33r*
06-08-03, 17:25

There is more to Neocron then that. #

rofl?

Arcadius
06-08-03, 19:52

What a poor statement to justify the crappy loot. :rolleyes:

d3ik
06-08-03, 20:08

LOL, okay I have an idea... let's make a game where you can only do the really cool stuff if you have a high level character. If you are not a high level character you get pwned by the high level characters. In order to be a high level character you have to kill things and get XP. So in order to do the really cool stuff, which is why people play anyway, you need a high level and to get a high level you need XP gain... so there's really not anything more to Neocron than levelling a char so you can have fun.

LTA
06-08-03, 20:08

Just dosen't make sense tho, Heavy Weapons Box *hack* WOW CHITIN!!!111omg 1337 o_O

Maybe there is more.... but why is the loot crap still?

and what is the point of these places if it isnt loot or xp.... there's nothing to rp when a doom harbinger is showing you the wrong end of his rocket ;)

alig
06-08-03, 20:10

......yeah......oh and pk'n/pvp of course, or are we supposed to have a chat with the mobs before we start to kill them?:lol: :rolleyes:

Arcadius
06-08-03, 20:25
Originally posted by LTA

and what is the point of these places if it isnt loot or xp.... there's nothing to rp when a doom harbinger is showing you the wrong end of his rocket ;)

My thoughts as well.

Ren
06-08-03, 20:44

everyone else quoted you... so i want to.

hnlecter
06-08-03, 20:46
Yea, there is tons more to neocron and all rpgs besides exp and loot. Like um... we have, lets see. Well for one there is, no not that. Well we have pvp.

Roc-a-fella
06-08-03, 21:23
forseti got verbally pwn'd:p

Sokaris
06-08-03, 21:28
I was doing the TS epic and I was told to go to point red to find this guy but i didn't know he was around point red topside so i jumped into the underground thinking i would find him there maybe have to take on a launcher or something and was mutilated by the mutant that was there holding a rocket launcher. needless to say I was only rank 35 and very succeptable to being killed. As a pistol pe i just stood there going well it's just a mutant no biggie.. then he fired once..

/me runs out of underground..

all you saw was a puff of smoke as if the road runner was just there.

Mankind
06-08-03, 21:32

I only play for the Pussy Club and Neofrag. I spend 5 hours a day in the Pussy Club dancing around, drinking, and enjoy my free daily private show. Then I spend 2 hours in Neofrag stabbing thing air, or waiting for someone to finally come and destroy my weak body. I'm only a 0/3 n00b and I don't know what the trick is to get higher...maybe I gotta fight those things in the sewers ;)

Darth Slayer
06-08-03, 22:51

Forseti your a brave brave man........ :lol:

Darth Slayer
06-08-03, 22:58
To expand On my last post.
There has been no events none at all on Uranus that I know off for the past couple of weeks, if not longer. I play almost as much as Alig so I think I'd know if I missed one.
Say to Answer your question Forseti then yes all we can do is gain xp and lvl and also chat to our friends.

Forseti
06-08-03, 23:19
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
To expand On my last post.
There has been no events none at all on Uranus that I know off for the past couple of weeks, if not longer. I play almost as much as Alig so I think I'd know if I missed one.
Say to Answer your question Forseti then yes all we can do is gain xp and lvl and also chat to our friends.
So, you rely on the gm's to entertain you?
What happend to roleplay? Setting up your own events?

I'm using UO as an example here. If you have ever played on the European shard, you must know about Yew, and the guilds holding that area. There are about 5 or 6 guilds who have devided the surrounding area and interact all the time.
You have the Militia who collect taxes and keep the roads safe for travelers, you have rouges, assasins, civilians, ...

Those clans combines give about 500 players, and none of those players care about loot, or leveling. All they do is roleplay their ass off.
I can asure you, it's great to play with such people.

But, to bad you all think about it like that.

G.0.D.
06-08-03, 23:25
oouch...

hinch
06-08-03, 23:27
forseti thats something similar to what im trying to create on uranus with some friends problem is we really dont have enough players in game let alone in clan to do it effectivley

FBI
07-08-03, 02:20

Although your right but some of us like to be rewarded for our
accomplishments in game.

Ever since they increased the high leveled mobs by 10 fold, they
forgot to increase the stats on the looted weapons to compen-
sate for the time it took to take down the boss.

Forget My Name
07-08-03, 04:21
Neocron sufferes lack of players!!!

Unlike most successful mmorpg's out there, Neocron has no players!

You cannot organise wars or things like that UO example because it would be boring!

Sure clooecting taxes on a road side is fun when you have thousands of people playing on your shard. But Let see you collect road tax out in Chester. Tell me how many people come by during your 8 hour road stint.

Alot of Neocron cannot be fully usd due to lack of players. Why have 40 out post when you can give one out post to 3 people on each server?

In shadowbane, my guild had over 400 people in it ( including alt characters ) In that game you could mess with people and shoot the shit. But I want to see any sane player go out to red rock and look at teh pretty mountains alone for 15 hours.

Why do you think we all horde plaza1? The rest of the world is empty of players!

FUCK CDV!!!!!! FUCK THOSE SHITS RIGHT IN THEIR ASSES FOR RUINING NEOCRON LAST YEAR!!!!

God this game is sooo damned awesome... I can't believe SWG and PLAnetside and Shadowshit attract more people. I wish those people knew what a good game was.

Arcadius
07-08-03, 05:16
Parad0x and FMN took teh words right out of my mouth.

Lorcin
07-08-03, 07:31
In my VERY drunk state I have to disagree here.

The vital parts MB and Plaza 1 are always full of people. As for the wastlelands - hey fuckit it is a wasteland what do you expect the fucking notting hill carnival to wonder past?

NC breeds paranoia - if you see someone else in the wastelands do you say hi or buff and pull your biggest BFG? The small amount of players also promotes high emotion in the players. Few "good" players on Saturn regard a certain TG clan nicely. People are patriotich basically you choose you class, choose your faction, choose your allies, choose a fucking toaster, and choose your clan. Then you defend your choice until the death - except maybe the toaster

With such a small amount of players it works becuase you know the enemy.

I play as a NexT runner atm. We hold one op on saturn for now. It gives me nothing but if someone were to attack it I would get there so fast it is not funny. Such is the draw of NC - not the PvP or the loot or the xp - it is simply the sense of belonging. Why???

Because we are all nerds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Si

Sorry if this makes no sense but if it does not please drink 7 cans of beer and then copy type this - not copy and paste type it it out yourself

Crest
07-08-03, 10:07
Ok I understand....Even the mods jumping in and adding about the Players numbers and stuff....

But here is the deal

POINT RED

Maybe 6 launchers, kill them, 120/120 and 90/90 then no rares, crap loot, hmmmm wonder why it was empty ?