PDA

View Full Version : Does laser improve aiming EVEN when 120% on stats?

Bounty Killer
06-08-03, 13:07
Well my stats on gun are 120% but my aiming is 226%

Would it worth to use my empty slot to improve my aiming?

\\Fényx//
06-08-03, 13:09
what gun and whats the normal aiming cap lol

Bounty Killer
06-08-03, 13:12
Its a RoG and afaik all guns cap at 267%

But keep in mind that my stats are 120%

In theorie i would never think i could improve my aiming on that gun but some peeps say it actualy does. I just want some confirming.

\\Fényx//
06-08-03, 13:13
I wouldnt bother wasting a slot on in.

Tregard
06-08-03, 17:20
No, only your Wep Lore will affect the aiming now if the handling stat is already 120%.

Cyphor
06-08-03, 17:25
Construct cap is 120% on weapon so putting another mod in it is a waste for aiming, you'll need to put more points in wep lore...however ray of god is better as a close range weapon as the further you are from the target the less dmg you deal :)

Ehyuko
06-08-03, 18:28
The laser pointer doesn't improve your aiming %, much like an ammo mod it seems to be independant of stats so using a laser mod SHOULD improve your recticle closing speed... but will not effect your aiming stat.

Weazle
06-08-03, 19:20
Don't wanna sound anal or something (too late :D) but .....

Aiming in Neocron is combination of weapon lore and your weapon stats.

Having the laser pointer increases the speed of the closing reticle which indicates accuracy. The smaller the reticle is, the more accurate your shots are going to be.

So the answer is YES, it will affect your aiming. You'll be able to aim quicker but only on the weapon its attached to. As people have pointed out, it does not affect any stats.

QuantumDelta
06-08-03, 19:23
Originally posted by Weazle
Don't wanna sound anal or something (too late :D) but .....

Aiming in Neocron is combination of weapon lore and your weapon stats.

Having the laser pointer increases the speed of the closing reticle which indicates accuracy. The smaller the reticle is, the more accurate your shots are going to be.

So the answer is YES, it will affect your aiming. You'll be able to aim quicker but only on the weapon its attached to. As people have pointed out, it does not affect any stats.

Best answer, really, Ehyuko included.

Note, LPs have zippo effect after 267% Aiming.

Bounty Killer
06-08-03, 22:42
Yes, thats what i mean. I wanted to know if my rectile can close faster with laser. Sorry i confused u about talking about aiming.
So even when my stats is 120% i still can improve my "aiming"

Do u think then that when i installed a LP my aiming of 226% will be higher on info, or not?

QuantumDelta
06-08-03, 23:23
The number, does not increase.
however the actual aiming acts like the number is higher.

Dribble Joy
06-08-03, 23:27
Aiming value will not change, or the acuracy.

That said I think a LP increases aiming speed, I THINK.
Can anyone confirm that?

QuantumDelta
07-08-03, 00:54
DJ said what I meant :P