PDA

View Full Version : Be VERY Careful.

Mankind
06-08-03, 12:30
A little bit ago I was on my character organizing my apartment of techs. I was taking everything cleanly out of the cabinets to redo them on my list, and I got a message that popped up about 10-20 times saying:

"Items will drop from your inventory soon, you have too many"

So I went to my goguardian but on the way items started to drop. I noticed because I play in 3rd person always and I saw them spitting out of my body. I decided to leave them there for a second and pick them up after putting some items into my goguardian. Well as soon as I got back they were gone. It wasn't even 10 seconds in between and now they are gone. Sucks because I must have lost 20 parts at least, including some disruptor parts, silent hunter parts, pain easer part, ultima parts, and slotenhancer parts. I know for a fact that I had all the parts for slotenhancer .9 and 1.5. Now I got like 2 or 3 parts for each only.

So this is just a warning that if you are going to organize your apartments, to make sure you don't have too many items on you (not the weight of the items, but the number of items) because you can't trust them being there for any amount of time if they happen to drop from your body.

Good luck.

phunqe
06-08-03, 12:33
Another warning, which has to do with dropping items, is that make sure you aren't getting overloaded when organizing cabinets.

A clan mate of mine took out like >70 C10's from one cabinet and he dropped them since he got under -200. The problem was, since he was facing the cabinet, the C10's managed to fall behind it. So, it was bye bye to a lot of cash there :(

iNsAnE
06-08-03, 12:59
Originally posted by phunqe
Another warning, which has to do with dropping items, is that make sure you aren't getting overloaded when organizing cabinets.

A clan mate of mine took out like >70 C10's from one cabinet and he dropped them since he got under -200. The problem was, since he was facing the cabinet, the C10's managed to fall behind it. So, it was bye bye to a lot of cash there :(

:lol: How many times that has happened to me... :lol:

jumbo
06-08-03, 13:00
I lost 100 Weapon part 1s under my cabs that way, if it had been 8s or VHC C10s I would have been a rather more upset.

jumbo

Crest
06-08-03, 14:31
I have a solution to that.

I use an ubber excel spread sheet which I picked up off the web. Enhanced it a lot. It includes the Cabinet a certain weapon / rare collection is in. Like Pain Easer would be in cab 4 (8 cabs in plaza 3 app, 4 is foruth from left, and 8 is the top on right). So all pain Easer go in there. Update list and there you go.

Sometimes things get messed up, so then I order the list by cab and do a cab by cab check once a month. Any rare found in cab it shouldn't belong to gets pulled out.

It manages my 450+ rares quite nicely.

It also has other enhancements like a want list, looking at this allows me to see what I need to complete an item. it also has a dup list, so I can see what I have dups of.

If anyone wants a copy, or can host it on their site and we put links in just pm me and we get it sorted. If you want a copy them pm me with and e-mail.

It is virus free, and contains no macros

That way you dont carry more than the number items you can put in 1 cab

hivemind
06-08-03, 20:15
We also do that, our parts person has a spreadsheet he alt-tabs to. Keeps it all very nice and organized, but you gotta keep up with it.

PaulVinten
06-08-03, 23:11
Originally posted by iNsAnE
:lol: How many times that has happened to me... :lol:
although I did notice the fact they made the cab hit boxes a LOT smaller, so you can't loose items in front of the cabs...

Odin
06-08-03, 23:12
I'm going to keep bugging the guys about that. IMO you shouldn't be able to pick up more then you carry at any point and it should stop you from doing so.

G.0.D.
06-08-03, 23:21
yes... ... yeah...

Nexos
07-08-03, 00:27
it seems that the freeload calculation doesent work proper with techparts. it isn't 2 weeks ago that i dropped techparts behind a cabinet although i still had 20+ freeload.

MrBane
07-08-03, 00:39
Freeload and maximum item carry count. I think what, it was 128 items on your person at one time? As in, individual items?

Believe that was what I read anyway.

Oh, and for gods sake... Currently Invent has 'Take All' for Cabinets and GoGo's.. Odin, as you're reading this, please, put forward the suggestion of expanding the invent boxes so that at the side of each row, there is a 'Take row' button.. Really, sometimes I've really hurt my wrist having to flick back and forth for multiple items over dozens of cabs.

Drexel
07-08-03, 06:20
Little OT, I use one of the player created speadsheets to manage the clan rares, but theres been new rares added since, anyone have a link to an uptodate spreedsheet with Rigger etc... thanks in advance.

07-08-03, 08:04
i use http://ncraredb.tricin.net/index.php for cataloging rares

Original monk
07-08-03, 09:25
I accidentaly pressed the take all button on my gogo once, result, i took all my 4 and 5 slotted rares out, but they didnt appear in gogo or sumthing, they yust dissapeared, tried everything, but bye bye 3 slot artifact pain easer, bye bye 4 slot FL, bye bye 5 slot thunderstorm and bye bye SF cpu, bye bye to a lots of things, 1st mail to helpdesk: we can give you "some" money (probably 100k or so), 2nd mail i send: can i please get my 100K or sumthing atleast: response: we dont return goods or money didnt we told ya that ? And that was 1 sentence responce on a 2 page helpmail, so yeah ya better be carefull with what ya do in this still bugged to hell game, stuff falling on the ground ? yust stuff dissapearing/vanishing in the air yeah.