PDA

View Full Version : Trader's Union?

Mankind
06-08-03, 06:55
Hi.

I was wondering if this is going to be a playable faction or no? Same goes for Regants Legacy, Anarchy Breed. But for the Trader's Union I am really interested because I am going to have a pure researcher and if there will be any benefits for being in this faction I would hop on over right away. Maybe they could make the epic item for Trader's Union one of those optional Constructor or Researcher Chips I have suggested in a couple other threads. And the most questionable thing would be if the Trader's Union was available, who would they be allied to and where would they be allowed o.O

Lord Cypher
06-08-03, 07:00
Great, another one of these threads. O_o

Traders Union is the faction of the Traders, Vendors, and Shop Keepers. This faction will always stay non-playable. [Allied to 'Soul Light' so you loose Soullight for killing vendors. Neutral with the Regants Factions as well as Insects and Monsters (Maybe Anarchy Breed)]

Soul Light is the CopBot faction.

Regants (Legacy, Monsters) is the faction of some of the mobs in the game. This faction will always stay non-playable.

Insects & Monsters is the faction of some of the mobs in the game. This faction will always stay non-playable.

Anarchy Breed - Nobody really knows on this one, it is however in the Game Manual as being a playable faction, with starter apartments in the Outzone Sectors. Maybe this faction will come with Dome of York?

I hope this explains everything. Maybe a Reakktor Employee or Developer will come and update everyone on the 'Anarchy Breed' faction a bit ::looks at Callash, or Martian::

Psychoninja
06-08-03, 07:01
You know what would be great?
If traders union would have their own mini city where people can go and trade items since people will be banned from all the other citys and won't be able to get certain items.
If it was a playable faction :angel:

Lord Cypher
06-08-03, 07:03
Originally posted by Psychoninja
You know what would be great?
If traders union would have their own mini city where people can go and trade items since people will be banned from all the other citys and won't be able to get certain items.
If it was a playable faction :angel:

Everyone will be able to enter one of two cities (or both), Neocron and Dome of York.

Mankind
06-08-03, 07:11
hehe well thank you.

I thought I heard somewhere that you could join the Trader's Union after DoY is released because they are listed under missions. I don't remember who said that but I think they had a storm bot picture by their name ;)

Lorae1.1
06-08-03, 09:52
If Im not mistaken you could play Trader Union and Anarchy Breed in beta. Or thats how I remember it. Then they made them non playable but never deleted there missions on city com.

MortuusLupus
06-08-03, 09:57
Anarchy Breed was playable, I don't know about Trader Union, though

Dade Murphey
06-08-03, 10:20
Originally posted by Lord Cypher

[B]Traders Union is the faction of the Traders, Vendors, and Shop Keepers. This faction will always stay non-playable. [Allied to 'Soul Light' so you loose Soullight for killing vendors. Neutral with the Regants Factions as well as Insects and Monsters (Maybe Anarchy Breed)]

I don't normally read threads about this sort of thing...so this may have been answered a long long time ago...and if so...let me know...but I have seen a couple people on the test server with the trader union faction...don't know how they got it...and it's been a while...so it may have just been a bug or something...

MortuusLupus
06-08-03, 10:24
Since it's on test server, I'm not sure, but I've seen people on Retail who got bugged (no pun intended, you'll see why in a sec) and showed up as a member of the Insects faction.

Might be a bug, might be that the faction NPC will change you to TU, mebbe someone was just messing around and having fun.

Personally, I'd hate to be part of the TU faction, I'd lose spympathy with all the traders in the game for killing mobs, probably even lose SL, too.

XanX
06-08-03, 12:05
Originally posted by Lord Cypher

Traders Union is the faction of the Traders, Vendors, and Shop Keepers. This faction will always stay non-playable. [Allied to 'Soul Light' so you loose Soullight for killing vendors. Neutral with the Regants Factions as well as Insects and Monsters (Maybe Anarchy Breed)]
[/B]

Unless I'm mad, and I might be :P Isn't it rumoured that the Traders Union are actually a DoY Faction??? and they will be playable in DoY?

Lord Cypher
06-08-03, 16:24
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
I don't normally read threads about this sort of thing...so this may have been answered a long long time ago...and if so...let me know...but I have seen a couple people on the test server with the trader union faction...don't know how they got it...and it's been a while...so it may have just been a bug or something...

Some people asked GMs to become factions like 'Traders Union' and 'Dome of York' before the new test server rules have taken pleace. Unax is the only person that I know is Traders Union, Lupus already changed everyone else that was in a Non-Playable Faction. 'Dome of York' becomes playable upon the release of Dome of York.

Lord Cypher
06-08-03, 16:25
Originally posted by XanX
Unless I'm mad, and I might be :P Isn't it rumoured that the Traders Union are actually a DoY Faction??? and they will be playable in DoY?

I've never heard such rumors.

Archeus
06-08-03, 18:26
Traders union is the faction of all the NPC's. Kill lots of NPC traders and you will find they will all attack you (or used to)

Sleawer
06-08-03, 19:03
Last time I saw the F6 list of Trader Union, this was allied with every playable faction, and as far as I know npc's of allied factions dont attack you even if your simpaty is -99.

A different thing is the conected AI of npc's and mobs, a reason because traders attack you in OP's or why attacking a SC results in cops and guards attacking you.

dArkjON
06-08-03, 19:22
Trade Union is the nicest Fraction i think :)
I was it on Test Server 4 a hole Time.

The special from the Fraction is that no Mob attack u b4 u attack it. Its pretty nice 2 Visit the Base Commander 4 a Picknick :) :)