PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Duplicates - Whats the policy?

Lexxuk
05-08-03, 20:17
Say for instance, runner, umm, A, yeah, A, right, something happens beyong his, err, no, her, yeah, her *coff coff* control, and she winds up, with a dupicate item, well, not really duplicate, something along the lines of, Item A turns into Item B. Now, Runner A has lost Item A, but has two Item B's.

Whats KK's policy on this? We all know if you lose an item, they wont replace it, and technically Runner A has lost an Item, but it changed into a different item (zoning and relogging didnt change item B back into item A).

hivemind
05-08-03, 20:19
BANNED!

Lexxuk
05-08-03, 20:23
Hush, u cant get banned for something beyond your control, that just happened on its own accord :p

If runner A had purposly dont it, then ya, bannin, but it just happened (and runner as is pissed off coz runner a lost an expensive tool too :p)

enablerbr
05-08-03, 20:24
you could try repeating the event till you can sale item B's to buy a new item A.:D

Lexxuk
05-08-03, 20:29
ahh, but then you would need lots of item A's to make item B's, besides, that is a bannable offence, and item B is worth more than item A anyhow :p

Spoon
05-08-03, 20:29
bannage....:lol:

If you have a questionable item just turn it into a GM for disposal...

Otherwise; keep relogging...

Otherwise; Runner A is SOL...

Nidhogg
05-08-03, 20:37
The safest thing to do is to bring it to the attention of a GM in-game and ask for advice.

N

Archeus
05-08-03, 20:45
Originally posted by Nidhogg
The safest thing to do is to bring it to the attention of a GM in-game and ask for advice.

N

They will more then likely take the items off you and destroy them.

I accidently duped 4 million one time (back when it was possible). I just ended up rerolling the character (after looking at all the items I couldn't afford) and confirming it with KK before doing it.

So best answer is do not use the items. Give to a GM for destruction.

Also sometimes the duplicate isn't a duplicate. So best let a GM check.

Vampire222
05-08-03, 20:56
i had that once, my psi core turned into an backbone....

Forget My Name
05-08-03, 21:15
hahahaa... give it to a gm... Are you going to get your item a back??

Hells no. Some half drugged gm will just give you 200k and leave.

Tell this runner he is lucky a bug in neocron didn't just destroy his/her item, but duplicated it. Serves this buggy game right. If he/she would have never gotten item B, he/she would be assed out item a for good. Justice?

Promethius
05-08-03, 21:20
Well if you feel uneasy about having the item well then listen to your instincts and show a GM.

VictorKruger
05-08-03, 21:42
yeah the last major rollback that happened on the saturn server gave me 2 keys to my hovertech, mind you two KEYS not two hovertechs :p . so i just wrote it off as if i lost my first key i have a KK to thank for cutting me a new key :lol:

Vampire222
05-08-03, 22:37
Omg hovertec sharing!

Omnituens
05-08-03, 22:42
strange, i had the same thing happen

Duranium 3 vest turned into a shop bought EPR. which i was holding one of.

i sense an exploit here. might need some experimentation done.

to find a solution... yeah... a solution... :D

Lexxuk
06-08-03, 00:34
u cant really experiment to find out if it is possible to do, coz, it was summit that cant really be done. even though it was done, my Miss Runner A, it wasnt "done" by Miss Runner A, it just happened coz of stuff that happened in the game, which I wont elaborate on coz umm, err, ya, Miss A never told me :p

TEBO
06-08-03, 00:45
So, what happens if u get a 'duped' item - accidental or otherwise - and don't know its 'duped'?

Anyone think a gm would give the player the benefit of the doubt? :rolleyes:

Fawkes
06-08-03, 00:49
I had that long time ago, too D:
My artifact libby modded with fire and xray turned into another libby I had (which sucks balls v_v but I got a new one woot).

jernau
06-08-03, 02:24
I had something similar - spoke to a GM - he told me to keep it.

Tbh that seems fair to me considering how much some people (inc. me) have lost to roll-backs, bugs etc.

If you want to be 100% safe stick it in a dead mob and wait till it vanishes but if I were you I'd just ask a GM.

Lexxuk
06-08-03, 02:30
u ever tried finding a GM? :D

seriously though, item a turned into item b. imagine item a was a 5 slot cursed soul, and it turned into a 5 slot mal (you got lucky, had both) you now have 2 5 slot mal's. GM comes along, u say "ok, my 5 slot cursed, its lost, i now got 2 of these" the gm's wont replace the 5 slot CS (at least I hope not :p), so you could end up, with a lost 5 slot CS (really top of the range example, but u get the idea).

If i ever find a GM, i'll ask, if they wanna take it, they can replace the item err, Miss A lost ;) and the cost of replacing item that was lost and had to be replaced with :) Hopefully they will let Miss A keep it, 8 slot pain easers r rare as hell :p

jernau
06-08-03, 02:40
You've kinda lost me there Lexx - not sure if it's the wine or the manner of your posting ;).

IMO :

if £.(item A)>£.*(item B) then tell a GM and highlight the loss of value

if £.(item A)<£.(item B) then tell a GM and play down the gain in value

;)

Either way I would report it rather than risk it being spotted on a DB check or because someone wants to get you in trouble.

extract
12-08-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Vampire222

I had this happen before too about a month ago and I was told its some bug that genrally happens when you die or something...I was out hunting something or other(wanna say its warbots...youll see why in a sec)....all i really remember was dying genrepping back to plaza and when i did I I looked to see what imps had dropped and my psi core was one of them so I go to get pokes a few bones and my psi core....all my bones poked fine but my psi core wouldnt...it kept saying that I didnt have an implant in my processor window so i relogged and still nothing...wouldnt poke so while im sitting here pondering what the problem was and sitting right in the middle of plaza i decided to get rid of some junk i had in my inventory...just some hardware scraps some low lvl weapon part and veh parts....well as i threw the first junk part away which was like cables or something instead of a bag dropping it was psi boosters like 60 of em so right away i was like wtf...so i proceeded to go to my apt and do the same process with everything...come to find out my psi core was actually a veh part 10 and the vehicle part 3 (which i was about to throw out) was actually my psi core...im glad i decided to move to my apt and do that because i wouldve been pissed had i lost that due to some stupid bug....

Dribble Joy
12-08-03, 20:57
* quakes in ph34r of his SA turning into an Exp. mindcontroll cpu 1

Carbonite
12-08-03, 23:28
A duplicate is a duplicate no matter how you do it.. even though its a accident.. The Duped item should be handed in to a GM. Simple as that.
If we spot you with the it you could end up being banned.

FireWarrior
13-08-03, 00:26
bugs... they are weird :)

I had placed a bunch of pretty decent weaponry in my GOGO one time... and then I go scavenging by a OP.... find a Rotten Box and look in it... An there lies ALL the stuff I put into my gogo... right down to Condition and number of slots on weapons....

I then go check my GOGO (the 2 were a good ways apart so it was not a mistake of that kind) and ???
Standard junk from crates... metalplates and some wire junk... IN MY GOGO.
I then go back to the apt... to put this stuff in a cabinet... it won't put in, whenever I try to place something there's already in it (like stackable poisonlands and the like) it takes all of them out... and only then can I place ALL of them there....

Luckily a complete reboot of the PC fixed it... But it was weird as hell.... guess I got lucky and didn't loose any items because of it.

SorkZmok
13-08-03, 01:59
Originally posted by Vampire222

I only now this temporary Item Swap when you die...one time my stack of psi boosters turned into about 100 medium inqui boots o_O

Anothertime i died, sorted my shit, then sold some junk, relogged later and found out i wasnt junk, it was my fucking psi core i sold to YOs :mad:

Lexxuk
13-08-03, 12:34
Originally posted by Carbonite
If we spot you with the it you could end up being banned.

Ahh, I see *nudge nudge, wink wink* dont get caught is what your sayin ;) hehehe

Legoias
13-08-03, 13:50
I had a similar thing, used the in-game help system and told a gm. They said this should be handled by helpdesk. I sent a report to helpdesk and ...... nothing. They ingore me.