PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Fireplace/Aquarium on DVD

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:25
Ok, this is really off topic and the title is surreal, but I don't know what to call it :p

Anyway... I have a plasma TV, which I of course enjoy very much. Sometimes when it's off, or I'm having friends over I would like to display something really nice on the TV.
What I'm looking for is basically a recorded fireplace or aquarium on DVD, so I just start the DVD and put it on repeat.
Since it's a flat, wall mounted TV I think it would rock.
It would be a plus if the DVD is with audio as well, like crackles from the fireplace. That would be so cosy when you sit there with a fine glass of whiskey in the comfy sofa (prefferably with someone you like :p)

I've tried to find it everywhere basically. If anyone have ever seen this in any online DVD store or whatever, please say so :)

Thanks.

:D

Shujin
05-08-03, 18:26
jus dl a video off the internet with a animation like that

and burn it to VCD and pop it in dvd player f00

\\Fényx//
05-08-03, 18:28
or just set the TV on fire... much more realistic, your visitors could really feel the heat then

:)

[Edit]holy shit man... like a week ago i hit 1337 posts, took me like 8 months to clock that up, and in a week ive got from 1337 posts to over 1800 8| maybe i have actually been posting every 61 seconds

Itth
05-08-03, 18:28
NERF TEH MONKEYS!!!!!!!11

jernau
05-08-03, 18:29
There used to be a "fireplace channel" on the same satellite as BSkyB use. Can't remember what it was really called but I know many drunken nights were spent watching and waiting for someone to put another log on the thing (they don't btw - it loops :().

I think it got replaced later by an "aquarium channel" or something equally inane.

/edit - I'm pretty sure it was a German channel so maybe someone from KK will know more :).

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:30
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
or just set the TV on fire... much more realistic, your visitors could really feel the heat then
´

Great! I'll try that :D

Btw, what is you bank account number again? It seems I've misplaced it.

Kl0wn
05-08-03, 18:31
go to amazon.com and type fireplace dvd

and you end up there

http://store.yahoo.com/dvdinternational/dvdi-0775.html

have fun

\\Fényx//
Originally posted by phunqe
Btw, what is you bank account number again? It seems I've misplaced it.

1337-1337-1337-1337

security number is 666

:)

Shujin
my idea = free and ez and true ;[

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:32
Originally posted by Shujin
jus dl a video off the internet with a animation like that

and burn it to VCD and pop it in dvd player f00

Yeah, that is actually a good idea. I will try that.
The DVD solution is lazier (lazar?) though. Maybe you get THX with that :p

@ Jernau

Yeah, we had that too here in Sweden during christmas. It was weirdly soothing. I put it on once and I found myself just sitting in the sofa for like 1 hour without even knowing it.

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:33
Originally posted by Kl0wn
go to amazon.com and type fireplace dvd

and you end up there

http://store.yahoo.com/dvdinternational/dvdi-0775.html

have fun

oooooo.. I think that VCD thing will have to get in line, sorry :D

EDIT: LOL, I was kidding about the THX, but this actually have Dolby Digital sound :lol: :lol:

Shujin
05-08-03, 18:34
oooooo.. I think that VCD thing will have to get in line, sorry :D

_|_ phuquew ;]

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:35
Originally posted by Shujin
_|_ phuquew ;]

errr, what is that first.. hmmm.. smiley?
Ok, I like the DVD but not that much o_O o_O

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:39
@Kl0wn

Wow, that place had the Aquarium DVD as well!! :D :D

Great, thanks :)

EDIT: I'm a moron, wanted to insert this into the above post. Sorry for the double.

alig
05-08-03, 18:42
......Snob.....

:rolleyes:

phunqe
05-08-03, 18:57
Originally posted by alig
......Snob.....

:rolleyes:

Yes, and I'm not ashamed of saying it :D

I do work for the cash however ;)

jernau
06-08-03, 00:11
@ Jernau

Yeah, we had that too here in Sweden during christmas. It was weirdly soothing. I put it on once and I found myself just sitting in the sofa for like 1 hour without even knowing it.

I can only think of two things more hypnotic - one is the BYB and the other is none of your business ;).

/edit - looks like those DVDs have cheesy musak on them :(. Kinda ruins the point IMO.

DarkPhoenix
06-08-03, 04:06
errr, what is that first.. hmmm.. smiley?
Ok, I like the DVD but not that much o_O o_O
I think she means this (http://artscene.textfiles.com/asciiart/afinger.txt) yes?

(link is slightly profanic in nature)

greendonkeyuk
06-08-03, 18:08
why not just have mtv on in the background or some old b+w film noire stuff on an autoloop..... or better still some retro cartoons or something......

Then go buy a fireplace or an aquarium or something!!

Tregard
06-08-03, 20:41
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
why not just have mtv on in the background or some old b+w film noire stuff on an autoloop..... or better still some retro cartoons or something......

Then go buy a fireplace or an aquarium or something!!

gas powered fireplace...the logs never burn down:D

anytime after early Dec., fireplace turned on, Christmas music tuned low, curled up with....(errr never you mind) = heaven;)