PDA

View Full Version : Anti-idle in Neocron?

Pwnage
05-08-03, 15:35
For the past week I've been trying to idle overnight every so often in plaza to fix my faction sympathy (CUZ IT'S THE ONLY DAMN WAY TO DO IT, at least in this case)... anyways, every time I come back, i'm either in "Synchronizing..." or in a non-official "Synchronizing...", like it doesn't say that but I can't do shit till I relog.

Is there some sort of anti-idling thing that prevents people from doing this? Or am I just unlucky or something?

QuantumDelta
05-08-03, 15:36
unlucky I think, I've left my char logged on at night a few times too when I've just needed a few points of symp....

Ren
05-08-03, 15:37
you reckon the neocron wont servers wont sync over A WHOLE NIGHT!

come on ... its the cron servers... 10 mins is classified as teh pwn

Opiate
05-08-03, 15:42
I did the same for a while, had to get up to 50 from -99 FA symp :eek:

Never had any problem idling for long periods, although I would recommend finding a quiet spot, plaza 1 is not a good spot to idle :p

\\Fényx//
05-08-03, 15:47
go AFK in plaza 3 :)

Youll wake up with some free CON XP on the floor in PP1 after we all push you in there :lol:

SynC_187
05-08-03, 15:48
Yep I sit in my appt.

No one else there, so lower risk of sync.

If someone does warp into my appt, I'm not carrying anything, so have nothing to lose if they kill me except imps, even if the person does happen to hack high lvl.

Pwnage
05-08-03, 15:51
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
go AFK in plaza 3 :)

Youll wake up with some free CON XP on the floor in PP1 after we all push you in there :lol:

hahahhah :lol:

I make sure I sit my ass down on a bench, even in plaza1 hahah

I've tried my apt before and so have some friends, and we all synched... so then one of my friends did it in plaza and he didn't sync.... soooo, we figured that there should be stuff going on around you...

I guess I'll keep trying.

jernau
05-08-03, 16:10
I occasionally stay logged in an apt to fix sympathy and it works fine most of the time. I do occasionally sync or crash but not often unless my ISP or router has a fit.

One time I came back to find my mouse driver had barfed and thought the middle button was pressed when it wasn't (it's done it a few times) so I was pogoing round our clan apt like a demented loon.

phunqe
05-08-03, 16:18
Originally posted by jernau
One time I came back to find my mouse driver had barfed and thought the middle button was pressed when it wasn't (it's done it a few times) so I was pogoing round our clan apt like a demented loon.

Or you could end up like a mate of mine - stuck in a sex emote loop while attending a serious faction meeting.

\\Fényx//
05-08-03, 16:21
Originally posted by phunqe
Or you could end up like a mate of mine - stuck in a sex emote loop while attending a serious faction meeting.

best ones getting stuck in the bitch or whore emote, looks like your having a fit cause your constantly waving your arms back and forward O_o

thewarrior008
05-08-03, 16:55
Originally posted by Pwnage
For the past week I've been trying to idle overnight every so often in plaza to fix my faction sympathy (CUZ IT'S THE ONLY DAMN WAY TO DO IT, at least in this case)... anyways, every time I come back, i'm either in "Synchronizing..." or in a non-official "Synchronizing...", like it doesn't say that but I can't do shit till I relog.

Is there some sort of anti-idling thing that prevents people from doing this? Or am I just unlucky or something?

wat ? ur symp raises while ur idleß??? since when and wtf?? all of ur symp raises??

why did i do ALOT of biotech killing then if i just could idle OMG:.

QuantumDelta
05-08-03, 16:57
Originally posted by thewarrior008
wat ? ur symp raises while ur idleß??? since when and wtf?? all of ur symp raises??

why did i do ALOT of biotech killing then if i just could idle OMG:.

All sympathies have always raised from negatives up to 10.

However after 10 you need to do missions.

Edit:
And it's EXTREMELY SLOW :P