PDA

View Full Version : Pluto / Neptune

Archeus
05-08-03, 14:44
Not going to happen. But just wondering what peoples answers would be.

Captain Chaos
05-08-03, 14:49
i would move from jupiter to pluto immediately ;)

Syntax-Error
05-08-03, 14:51
Would make RP a damn sight easier

KimmyG
05-08-03, 14:52
Hell yea I would

Forget My Name
05-08-03, 14:53
http://www.sw-kleinanzeigen.de/priv/Forum/intresting2.jpg

Hells yeah I would. I would go to neptune in a heart beat.

hinch
05-08-03, 14:56
Originally posted by Captain Chaos
i would move from jupiter to pluto immediately ;)

wouldnt bother jupiter is as close to neptune as your ever going to get at least we have warzone drops there i cant get used to being able to fight and not loose my psi core every time :)

GT_Rince
05-08-03, 15:00
I have always been for this - I would love Pluto to turn into Neptune and become a no-safe-zone server. Now that would rock :D

Archeus
05-08-03, 15:01
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I have always been for this - I would love Pluto to turn into Neptune and become a no-safe-zone server. Now that would rock :D

After working out of TH for a while I'd agree. It is fun to be trading while THSC/Dark are policing the city. I would suspect NATO would do the same for the city.

Lord Mansion
05-08-03, 15:04
Originally posted by GT_Rince

Though lets not forget the tradeskillers, they require a safe place to do their work. (unless we all agree to not kill in a certain area, but I doubt such an agreement is possible).

Archeus
05-08-03, 15:08
Originally posted by Lord Mansion
Though lets not forget the tradeskillers, they require a safe place to do their work. (unless we all agree to not kill in a certain area, but I doubt such an agreement is possible).

Well the point of Neptune is there is no safe points. So trades people are dependant on player cops in the general area (and some clans play as these).

Forget My Name
05-08-03, 15:08
Tradeskillers would have to work out fo their apartments. Other then that, a no safe zone server would not have many tradskiller deaths.

think about, if BillyBob goes around killing tradeskillers, everyone would find out in 2 minutes. And he would never get work done by anyone besides his own clan / faction. And even that is iffy since he would just have alienated his clan / faction from getting tradeskilling done by other people.

Tradeskillers will be more respected then you would think on a no safe server.

Archeus
05-08-03, 15:21
Trades people will still be attacked, but you will probably look like is more faction based attacks.

what does this mean?

- Trading will probably happen at scatter points. For example, TH SEC2 at the lasers is a good scatter point. If you are attacked you have two routes out. If you die you have two GR's to come in on and grab your belt and throw into your safe slot. Before being killed again.

On the other hand TH SEC3 is a death trap. No GR near and no escape.

- Trading will probably vanish from Plaza 1.

- More people will trade on call.

- Trade related clans will spring up that will offer credit for protection.

- Trade people in general will get a lot more respect (at least within thier factions). This sort of happens on pluto already. I have seen raids where all the defending forces have been wiped out but afterwards the trades people have not been touched unless they make an aggressive stance.

- Trades people have customers. Kill a trades person while they are dealing with a customer and you alienate that customer (and probably thier clan).

LTA
05-08-03, 15:30
As long as it starts completely fresh...

Everyone a 0/2 noob to start with not syaing this to be spitefull or anything but i wouldnt fancy coming to a hardcore pvp server and having to face already maxed out fully rared chars and try to level my char up. :p

enablerbr
05-08-03, 15:39
even if all char's had to re-roll. it would only take 1 or 2 days power lvling to max out. so those that can't power lvl better have good mates in game.:D

Nixon
05-08-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Forget My Name

think about, if BillyBob goes around killing tradeskillers, everyone would find out in 2 minutes. And he would never get work done by anyone besides his own clan / faction. And even that is iffy since he would just have alienated his clan / faction from getting tradeskilling done by other people.

Yeah and i think BillyBob would be dead all the time :}

Archeus
05-08-03, 15:47
Originally posted by LTA
Everyone a 0/2 noob to start with not syaing this to be spitefull or anything but i wouldnt fancy coming to a hardcore pvp server and having to face already maxed out fully rared chars and try to level my char up. :p

Point taken. ^^ However what about the people who come 2 months later? Do you reroll for them?

There is not really a start/end to these games. It's more like joining a poker match in the middle of the game and trying to figure out who has what hand.

Btw, a lot of dead animal lovers. o_O

Cyphor
05-08-03, 18:13
I would be for it although it would require a char wipe which would cause too much hassle, this would be reqired to make it fair so that some players dont start out with fully capped chars, allowing them to make it impossible for others. People who play on pluto wouldnt want the char wipe as all their hard work would be lost, so either open neptune as a new server or change pluto to it, but allow players on all other servers to transfer one of their chars to it, and dont do a char wipe.

Kendo Averly
05-08-03, 18:21
No.

Helen Angilley
05-08-03, 18:27
I really do want to know why people want only a _few_ safe zones removed.

Will it really have that big an effect on things?

The CopBots will still be there and the areas that are "safe", right now, are hardly considered places with strong tactical value.

LTA
05-08-03, 18:48
Originally posted by Archeus
Point taken. ^^ However what about the people who come 2 months later? Do you reroll for them?

There is not really a start/end to these games. It's more like joining a poker match in the middle of the game and trying to figure out who has what hand.

Btw, a lot of dead animal lovers. o_O

Yeah but 2 months..... of ppl leveling/collecting/making cash compared to 8 odd months of retail :confused:

The big clans are full setup etc etc and as a lot of people want neptune i reckon this may deter some of em not all like but some

Lucjan
05-08-03, 18:51
I dont think the char wipe argument has some real grip. Most players are high level anyway, so it basically would be an unnecessary loss of invested time.

Turning Pluto into Neptune or a more Neptune like server sounds great, actually I believe Pluto would be the only server where this might happen and would work out great. There is something special or lets say different about people playing on Pluto, I realized that once I got back to Pluto recently.

Spoon
05-08-03, 18:57
No..
I don't want my Pluto character wiped or moved to another server.
I didn't see that option though....

I think Neptune should be done as originally stated:
New Server/No LE/No Safezones/No SafeSlot/everyone starts from scratch.....

enablerbr
05-08-03, 18:58
i did vote plain Yes. yet i hope that also LE's were also removed from it. else they'd be no point in doing it.

Breschau
05-08-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I really do want to know why people want only a _few_ safe zones removed.

Will it really have that big an effect on things?

The CopBots will still be there and the areas that are "safe", right now, are hardly considered places with strong tactical value.

Personally I'd want it for two reasons. Firstly because the current safezones are very artificial, and I'm not too keen on artificial in something that's meant to be a 'virtual world'. ie, have the copbots shoot you if you draw a weapon, not magically prevent you from even trying.

And secondly for the novelty of climbing to the top of Plaza 1 (like, high enough that you can see where the buildings meet the grey/beige mist) and throw grenades over the edge into the crowds :angel:

VVerevvolf
05-08-03, 19:14
Yes, but I want to keep my pure tradeskiller Spy (No weapons except a TL 34 rocket launcher :D)

funkeymonkey
05-08-03, 19:20
I would move from saturn back to pluto/neptune. Even though ive got a nearly capped monk on saturn, and would start a new apu on the new server.

Im all for the original characters being deleted. Ive got a lvl 55 tank on there but not played in ages, cant go back to being a tank after months as a fun monk :)

Spoon
05-08-03, 19:22
Yeah, let's start deleting everyone's high level chararters, that'll go over real good.......:rolleyes:

edit*spelling

Kendo Averly
05-08-03, 19:48
Originally posted by Spoon
I think Neptune should be done as originally stated:
New Server/No LE/No Safezones/No SafeSlot/everyone starts from scratch.....

I concur. Repeated threads of 'pluto turns to neptune' sounds just to me like "I want to be able to gank in plaza sector one"

dSerk
05-08-03, 20:08
I would only switch servers if the server was named Planet X.

WTF are you asking? Who cares what the server is called?

enablerbr
05-08-03, 20:17
ok how about this then. when DoY gets released. how about KK open up neptune then.

Archeus
05-08-03, 21:08
Originally posted by Kendo Averly
I concur. Repeated threads of 'pluto turns to neptune' sounds just to me like "I want to be able to gank in plaza sector one"

You missed my post where I said "I know it's not going to happen". :) Just wanted to see the number of pluto players who want that playstyle.

I would only switch servers if the server was named Planet X.

WTF are you asking? Who cares what the server is called?

Neptune is the name of a server KK plan to release. It is basically a server with no safe zones or warzones and No LE and one character.

Arcadius
05-08-03, 22:08
I would have multiple orgasms.

Of course if there was a server wipe I would quit neocron.

Glok
05-08-03, 22:44
I've played 2 days out of the last month... if Pluto turned into Neptune, or even if Neptune came out as a new server, that might just get me playing again. I'm all for it, even though I would really rather not lose my capped PE on Pluto.

Clothing_Option
05-08-03, 23:38
Originally posted by Archeus
Well the point of Neptune is there is no safe points. So trades people are dependant on player cops in the general area (and some clans play as these).

Wow cool it would be just like Iraq!!!! (sarcastically)

Breschau
05-08-03, 23:42
Incidentally, while I am looking forward to Neptune, I'd much prefer a new server to converting Pluto.

My main char is on Pluto and I'm not keen on a server wipe, but I'd really like to play on Neptune with everyone starting fresh. I wanna see fights using pumpguns and baseball bats in Plaza, damnit.

Lucjan
06-08-03, 00:14
Originally posted by Breschau
My main char is on Pluto and I'm not keen on a server wipe, but I'd really like to play on Neptune with everyone starting fresh. I wanna see fights using pumpguns and baseball bats in Plaza, damnit.

You wont see that. It would end up like Venus with some powergaming vets leveling their chars during few days to high level and leaving no choice to others then to do the same.
That's why I don't see any reason to wipe the server.

neophotographer
06-08-03, 01:04
I would hate pluto being changed to neptune because it's the main server I play on and I like my le. :) and if neptune does come about apperently there isn't going to be monk PA or you just won't be able to put the LE in. if they did switch pluto to neptune I'd do one of two things. Either joina clan and kick some serious ass....or move over to uranus server.

Stacey

Clothing_Option
06-08-03, 01:06
Originally posted by Kendo Averly
No.

what the lawman said

Nish
06-08-03, 03:31
I'd like it, the whole 'I can kill ppl in plarzer now' thing would be fun and quite possibly irritating to some at first but after a while the novelty would wear off. I expect the servers would develop a basic code of not kicking the crap into everyone in plaza 1, but the option to kill someone who's talking crap at you or whatever would be a nice addition.

And for the record I would behave like an arrogant twat to begin with as I have all the items I need on pluto, like to behave in violent ways and the only tradeskill I occasionally require the services of is repair :)

Smugly
06-08-03, 08:51
Originally posted by Nish

And for the record I would behave like an arrogant twat to begin with as I have all the items I need on pluto, like to behave in violent ways and the only tradeskill I occasionally require the services of is repair :)

Now this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that worries me about Neptune. Asshole behaviour like this. Y'see what will happen is we'll end up with asshole of the month where some prat decides to go mental on tradeskillers every so often. Sure, eventually the game will become unplayable for them and they'll quit/reroll but then ANOTHER one will come along.

Frankly, I say introduce new safezones in each of the cities, fill them up to bursting with faction guards and remove the ones currently in. Kind of like the Bazaar in Everquest. Although each one should be on the backend of a zone already in place.

Besides, the thing about these random griefers is they rarely stick around long enough for you to get some people together to deal with them.

Archeus
06-08-03, 09:08

And how long do you think you could keep that up before everyone attacks you on sight and no one will repair your crap?

Might take 1 on 1, or 3 on 1, try 10 or 20 on 1.

Kazper
06-08-03, 09:25
dead animal

afterall humans are animals aren't they?

hivemind
06-08-03, 10:18
You wont see that. It would end up like Venus with some powergaming vets leveling their chars during few days to high level and leaving no choice to others then to do the same.
Yeah this is the problem. I saw it happen on Venus as well. By like the second day people had done epics and formed clans. Then a couple clans took ALL the OPs, the money was rolling in for the constructors to get busy and level up standing in Plaza, and by the end of the first week there were a LOT of main-stat capped people in a few clans. It was business as usual, except no one had rares yet. The capped people got bored of looking cool for all the nubs, and the gankings began.

It was so anti-climactic that I left after playing there for about 10 days. I also couldn't be arsed to wait hours for a poke when there was 35 people on, but that's not this thread. I have every confidence that Neptune will be the same way. There will be people who call in sick to work or skip school to powerlevel their character so they can be "the man", and everyone else will have to get into the rat-race to compete. Because while you and your buddy Joe are fuckin around with bats and knuckles in Viarosso, someone else is doing his 300th aggy mission, and by the time you're cool enough to screw around with grenades - he's killing Warbots for tech parts and already has his Zerk 3 and MOVEON and Speedgun.

greendonkeyuk
06-08-03, 11:09
so following on from hives post wouldnt it be just a shitload easier to convert 1 server (and allow transfer of players from another server) over to the new one. I mean, if pluto hypothetically became neptune, youve got (from what i understand) a fair few large established clans, both city like nda and non-city factions like pimp etc. Surely the capped and near capped chars in these clans would effectively police their respective "turf".

The only thing that i think needs work is the soullight system as it stands and the penalties for people ganking noobs. All aggy rooms should be turned into hunting zones imo, like the sewers are now, as any experienced runner worth his salt wont go in the level 1 sewers as its faster to level off aggys. Even at 0/2. If you die youre still getting con xp!

I guess the downside to this is that the big clans at the moment will stay big, the people with cabs full of rares will still be there and generally the balance of power will take time to shift. The rare drop rate should be fixed also i think, back to what it was months ago. I mean this is if they use pluto as it wont be fair if people do have to reroll chars etc. I agree there will be more rares going around second, third and even fourth hand as belts get dropped etc and people lose items but the sheer dependancy on rares for many pvpers (some get by with just skill of course and kudos to them) to help them win fights, well theyd need the extra drops. I mean if someone spends a month getting a new 4 slot pe built or whatever, then the second they step outta their appt some twat ganks em and takes the gun..... well it would be heartbreaking.....

Basically, if theres more chance of losing your rares i think it would be easier if there was more chance of regaining new parts. also it would stimulate more trade and bring the constructors into the game more. I mean people bitch and whine about too many rares or too few rares etc. If there were more rares then there would be more demand for high level constructors. People would be coming to get those 5 slotted cs's a lot more, meaning the constructors would be in high demand later on. At the moment as it stands on my server ive seen people lose rares and almost quit the game because of it. Yeah sure you can say, what a whiner, suck it up man or whatever but with low server populations we need the players right now!

Just my thoughts.

Shockwave
06-08-03, 11:53

You and every other bugger. A central area for tradeskilling would be completely unviable, because there'd always be SOMEONE who'd start firing AoE weapons into the crowd, and people will get tired of it very quickly. Tradeskill services would end up being available to people in Clans only, as it would take the backing of a Clan to get an uber CSTer/RESser/IMPer etc set up with the right tools, imps, protect him etc.
So how about player-policed tradeskill areas? The idea would work fine against the odd gren-lobbing troublemaker, but as soon as you start getting en-masse Clan attacks that overwhelm the defenders (It'll happen. DoY/TG clans will attack the NC Tradeskillers to undermine the Pro-city factions and vice versa), you're in exactly the same situation.
Sorry, but no safezones effectively means the end of finding a Tradeskiller outside of a Clan.

Turn Pluto into Neptune? Not a good idea IMHO. It would piss off too many people, as would turning Saturn or Uranus into Neptune (Especially if there's a character-wipe). It would need a whole new server starting from scratch.

And if the GMs think they've got trouble on Saturn now, you wait 'til Neptune is going to be released. Their job there is going to be a NIGHTMARE!

Shock.

Nish
06-08-03, 13:22
Err that's my point if you read the above sentence... lots of people WOULD do it and they would in time meet a lot of resistance and make lots of enemies... hence the servers probably making a basic sort of code of protecting/not murdering tradeskillers. I wouldn't be able to keep it up and probably wouldn't even want to for long.