PDA

View Full Version : Publishing.

webboot
05-08-03, 14:25
They keep telling us that the main reason for the delay of Dome Of York is the fact that they 're looking for a new publisher. Considering how the original release was promoted ... not ... , I couldn't agree more but ... how hard can it be for KK to find a new publisher ?

I mean normally a company goes to a publisher with a rough gameconcept/storyline, some artwork and, sometimes, a little demo and waits to see if the publisher sees some potential in it. When the publisher is convinced about the concept he coughs up the money so the team can start building the actual game until it's finished or the money runs out.

KK has a working game that is released already, DOY is nearly finished (or so they tell us) ... so a publisher risks a lot less then he normally would. Given these facts, how hard can it be to find/convince another publisher ?

Mind you, I don't work in the game-industry so maybe I just overlook some things or am just plain naive ... but I am curious.

Vampire222
05-08-03, 14:29
uhh...

\\Fényx//
05-08-03, 14:32
Originally posted by webboot
They keep telling us that the main reason for the delay of Dome Of York is the fact that they 're looking for a new publisher. Considering how the original release was promoted ... not ... , I couldn't agree more but ... how hard can it be for KK to find a new publisher ?

I mean normally a company goes to a publisher with a rough gameconcept/storyline, some artwork and, sometimes, a little demo and waits to see if the publisher sees some potential in it. When the publisher is convinced about the concept he coughs up the money so the team can start building the actual game until it's finished or the money runs out.

KK has a working game that is released already, DOY is nearly finished (or so they tell us) ... so a publisher risks a lot less then he normally would. Given these facts, how hard can it be to find/convince another publisher ?

Mind you, I don't work in the game-industry so maybe I just overlook some things or am just plain naive ... but I am curious.

I think first of all they are trying to think of a way to let off CDV with the least messy way possible, I suppose CDV would still be able to claim some kind of cash back from KK based on future sales even if they change publisher

Sinead O'Connor
05-08-03, 14:39
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling/spamming. I'm not here to stop you complaining but please do it without resorting to childish insults ]

Ren
05-08-03, 14:42
lmao -
i'll take....

Nid or MJS pwns u all for 2k

Judge
05-08-03, 14:42
sinhead, if you hate KK and neocron so much then why don't you leave.

Original monk
05-08-03, 14:57
I think its all yust plain bullshit to keep us waiting so the moneytrain keeps rolling and they have the time to keep working on doy, normally doy would been a regular extra city like TG or MB or FA but because they started spreading DOY rumours and allready set a date people started to believe it was a game in the game so KK hadnt had any chance then yust make doy extremely big and cool, after this they started yelling for a new release of neocron (indeed with decent advertising now) with the doypatch comming so everything would look even bigger and we would thank them for the pretty quick launch of doy (that we expect since the last months), or i yust could be bullshitting and i better could go fuck some dead animals, thats also a possibility, actually i dont have an idea, onlything i do know is that im waiting since november 2002 for DoY

Forget My Name
05-08-03, 15:05
Sinead O'Connor.....

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming. People always end up going too far when they get on a picture posting spree. Do not include any more spam pictures in your posts. ]