PDA

View Full Version : If you could change/add 5 things...

DarkPhoenix
05-08-03, 03:08
...in Neocron, what would they be?

I know I posted one of these before, but a lot has changed.

The old thread for kicks:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46688

Edit: I would just like to point out that this IS a SERIOUS thread, so no chit-chat or BS things. (Not saying any of the below are this BTW)

enablerbr
05-08-03, 03:13
i suppose 1 thing would be add an underground complex underneath NC. afterall i read the story and it suggested/ sounded like that under NC was an old city type complex. which the NC was built on. only game i can think of that sort of explains what i mean is Project Eden. where by the new parts of the city was built on top of the old.

Drake6k
05-08-03, 03:19
1. No safe zones
2. No ppu monks
3. Lots more clothing
4. Nice apartment placeable system
5. Rare nailgun

Skinman
05-08-03, 03:23
I'd agree with drake on --

1) no safe zones (let the tradeskillers disipate to respected faction areas)

2) More clothing (or models varients)

3) Appartments (not placements as such, but customisation)

4) For the love fo God please let us re-arrange our GR lists..

my 2 cents ;/

MortuusLupus
05-08-03, 03:36
1) More avatars, faces, clothing, models, the whole bit.
2) More non-tech rifles
3) More fat hookers
4) No safe zones, but much stricter cop-bot rules (ie, don't warn people in certain zones, like Plaza and ViaRosso, just kill them immediately)
5) More fat hookers

Pitspawn
05-08-03, 03:59
In order...

1) Neptune. And i want it yesturday.
2) No whining bitches on the forums crying to kk to nerf everything under the sun.
3) Some sort of endgame for all characters so that we can still progress/level in some way after we capped (6th stat line idea i posted on brainport)
4) Fighting for outpost that actually give something worth while, rather than just fighting for the sake of fighting.
5) Hard coded alliance support. Ive wanted this since beta. Its still not in the game. Such a fundimental feature that almost every other mmorpg has already.

Monthar
05-08-03, 07:37
1) Fix droning launch/relaunch bugs (doesn't launch, disappears for a minute or screws up the loot rights/cash gain)
2) Fix drop of the new rare droner implant
3) Add full RPOS view in drone mode
4) Base group experience sharing and cash sharing on the location of the drone not the dronerer so we can hid in the bushes like we're meant to instead of sitting on the front lines to share the exp.
5) Raise the quality cap of drones since they can't have slots.

kin
05-08-03, 08:25
1. take out monks
2. put android class in
3. make medical shit a skill
4. make tank cannons more innacurrate. these are cannons people; they are not supposed to be accurate when you run.
5. unnerf pistols

PsycheBlade
05-08-03, 08:26
[list=1] Add an underground complex to each OP, where the hack console is hidden at. If done correctly this could add alot to op fights other than just to be there to fight.
Lessen need for so much specialization
Implement alot more variety to... everything - so everyone isn't using the same exact equipment
Fix Skills
Dynamic items placed back in-game
[/list=1]Also on a side note...

KK - get things done and out!

KidWithStick
05-08-03, 08:39
MC5 camp area

MC5 newbie area

FRE's

syncing

engine

FBI
05-08-03, 09:07
1) Scrollbutton support on GUI windows with scroll bar...please!

2) Desert City Underground fixed, it's fun there.

3) Loot system redone completely or revamped.

4) Melee increase once again/ melee pa / new melee weapons

5) More avator faces and clothes...this is a virtual world?

phunqe
05-08-03, 10:23
1) Information tags on players. I.e when someone focus the reticle on you and sees you name, clan tag etc, he/she also sees a little tag with some information. Could be like "I'm poking TL115" or "Trading tank rare parts".

2) Make a item in the inventory bound to a hot key. Let like 5 hotkeys be avaiable for use (like ctrl-a or whatever, customizeable in options). Each of these 5 hotkeys can then be assigned to one item respectively in the inventory. For example, you have a medkit in the inventory, you right click on it and the usual menu pops up, but also 5 alternatives (key 1, key 2 etc). If you select on of these keys here it means that everytime you hit the hotkey it will "use" the item one time. Perfect for medkits, booster or what not. I think all classes would benefit from this.

3) Make "Trader union" a playable faction.

4) Make it possible to send mail to all clan members. Also make it possible to send a mail to multiple recipients.

5) Introduce dynamic object such as "Store counter", "Wall sign" (i.e, you can put a text in it like "Jeff's beverages" and put in on a wall). All the objects should be placeable inside or just outside an appartment.

5b) In conjuction with 5) you should be able to set security on an appartment. E.g, Self only, clan only, faction only, faction friends and all. This should exend to clan appartments as well, but there also with the option to set which ranks should be able to open the clan apt (like level 10-15).

Sanctus
05-08-03, 10:26
1. more underground areas. not only in Neocron

2.choosable genrep locations concerning appartments

3.ability to cheate a FACTION when big enough. not a clan

4.runner shops

5.no swirlies but unique looking rares.

5b: boats and lakes and rivers and a waterfall

5c: more avatar look options and insignas added to clothes (faction and clan and master status)

ps: should Callash see this thread?

Psycho_Soldier
05-08-03, 10:32
Ok im gonna post all the one's I wish were possible but aren't on NC's current engine.. or at least I dont think they are, but some are possible.

1. NO ZONES PERIOD! It should all be seemless, no synching or shit. So you cant cross one zone and pray there aren't 10 DoY bots on the other side.

2. Way better vehicles. Able to customize pretty much everything on the vehicle. Better control, more speed, etc. Costing to add on. Rhinos and similar vehicles to have AoE like RayGun Cannons, Fusion cannons, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, with huge AoE. Customizable looks, be able to add or take seats out, maybe add a stereo linked with a MP3 player so you can listen to a customizable list of MP3's while cruising in your vehicle so other people can hear the same MP3's that you are playing that are in or near your vehicle. So you can have like "who has the loudest system with the best quality" test lol. You should be able to customize vehicle resist as well... so if you want more resist, you have to sacrafice speed of the vehicle and/or power of the vehicle weapon.

3. Fully customizable avatars. You should be able to model your own characters, make your on skins and hair color and other people would be able to see this.

4. Dynamic Enviroment. Like you can blow up tree's, kick over boxes, destroy fence's and buildings.. basically anything can be destroyed, but there should be something to trigger stuff to reset to what it was, like ops. If you destroy a clans op, then hack it, the op should reset as if it was brand new.

5. Buyable deployable/destroyable GenReps. These would be special GenReps you could setup for your clan or friends. You could specify each person who can access the GR or whole clans. They would not have to be able to activate the GR's to be able to use them. It would just automatically appear in the GR list with the name of the GR that the person who deployed it picked. The bad thing is that it could be destroyed and SI should be higher. This would make OP wars alot better and alot more interesting.

6. Customizable OPs. You should be able to pay to add certain buildings, and take away. Add apartment complexes to have clan apartments to have quick access to the clan apartment. You should be able to use the lift inside the apartment and type in what op you want to GR to that your clan owns. So you can enter and leave your clan apt from inside the OP.

7. Customizable Apartments. You should be able to change the paint on the walls, add pictures, etc. Better furniture for apartments, rugs/carpet, signs, etc. You should also be able to setup a radio with custom MP3's that everyone can listen to in your apartment.

8. Ingame voice communication. No need for 3rd party programs like team speak or roger wilco. So you can go up to some random person and start speaking to them without typing.

8. Ingame radio. Can be used for propaganda, news, sports (like racing, or dueling), or just listening to music. Would be sound only but could be text based as well, but that wouldn't work so well with music :P

Ok, I know that was more than 5 but I couldnt help myself...

Oh ya, remove safe zones, and copbots from PepperPark!!

CarniFlex
05-08-03, 10:47
1. remove the sl shit. if you kill a fellow runner youre kos to faction guard/copbots for 10 minutes. thats it.

2. either all zones warzones or anarchy zones. No hunting grounds, no safezones.

3. pepper park a op. with the exception its not turretplaceable.
No copbots there either (they just fled to a safer part of town)

4.Make Gm presence higher, like events, organizing factions to big big big wars. Like one gm leads all CA-TT-CM to oz station and another leads the TG-FA (or whatever allies they have) to jericho... then CHARGE!!! maybe even throw in a few vehicles.

hinch
05-08-03, 10:51
1) hybrids ressurected
2) other classes boosted
3) my nc looses all settings for rpos when i log out would like it to remember them again.
4) hybrids ressurected
5) higher skill caps

Helen Angilley
05-08-03, 12:21
1.) Get rid of people who only stick around to criticise everything.

2.) Get rid of people who only stick around to criticise everything.

3.) Get rid of people who only stick around to criticise everything.

4.) Get rid of people who only stick around to criticise everything.

5.) Get rid of people who only stick around to criticise everything.

Vampire222
05-08-03, 12:24
1. Delete all pluto ppu's but me
2. Add DoY
3. Finally totally balanced
4. More appt levels
5. No bugs at all. and mass advertising

ezza
05-08-03, 12:57
1: more melee weapons( I WANT A RARE BAT!!!)

2: increased melee damage

3: change the psi Pa so fire and xray resist increase with each suit level.

4: more imps, back bone for psi for example

5: make my apu one hit kill spys, had to hit one twice the other day:p :D

Rizzy
05-08-03, 13:13
Nice work with the constructive post helen.

1. Change the whole OP designs. Add in doors that need to be hacked to give entrance to the base.

2. Do a proper upgrade to the battledome including gr and VHC depot.

3. Remove copbots totally but beef up all faction guards to about a half of a copbot's effectiveness. Then remove safezones and place guards generously around the areas of their hq.

4. Make OPs have benefits that are really worth it, perhaps a lab halves the research time or a factory garauntees a slot. Give uplinks lots of boxes to hack in the underground and mines some feature that spawns mob junk so you have stuff to clone with. To make fortresses worth fighting for, add a few more of them and make it so that to own a lab/factory/mine/uplink you MUST own a fortress.

5. Give tradeskillers some way of levelling up other then having to gimp their tradeskilling.

Yalson
05-08-03, 14:16
1. sharable appartments
2. get rid of MC5 noobie area
3. make all items researchable (except rares).
4. make maximum team size bigger - or at least ability to create your own private channel for large teams
5. NPCs that work e.g. stupid monk PA guy

alig
05-08-03, 14:43
1. ppl to stop bitching about ppl bitching....ur only bitching urself:rolleyes:
2. a proper player position(not half way round the fucking corner when ur not even near the corner!)
3. no ppu's can buff runners or freeze/dmg boost runners
4. more emotes ffs! the sex emote is boring and we need more quality ones!
5. DoY