PDA

View Full Version : Durability of the Monk PA

Progenitor
05-08-03, 02:38
After 3 swamp cave runs and 4 maybe 5 canyon cave runs, my monk PA is now at a wopping 86% condition.

I don't really monitor my normal armour's condition untill it starts getting near the 30's, but heck - I just got the PA and hadn't really used it, I just wanted to see if it was going to be viable to wear on a normal basis.

And in a few hours, it's lost 1/3 of its condition.

Anyone else notice this as well? Or is it just me?

Am I just accident prone? Do I stand in front of too many chaos minion?

-p

FBI
05-08-03, 02:38
Get it constructed.

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-08-03, 02:42
Originally posted by FBI
Get it constructed.

does getting something constructed make it more durable?

and to prodg, I know as a monk from cave runs I had to replace regular monk ( holy spirit ) armor about once every two days. ( that was when hard core caving. )

IronMonkey
05-08-03, 02:58
get power armor constructed? o_O

neophotographer
05-08-03, 03:00
Originally posted by FBI
Get it constructed.

Monk PA can be constructed? :wtf:

Stacey

ericdraven
05-08-03, 03:58
Originally posted by Progenitor
After 3 swamp cave runs and 4 maybe 5 canyon cave runs, my monk PA is now at a wopping 86% condition.

I don't really monitor my normal armour's condition untill it starts getting near the 30's, but heck - I just got the PA and hadn't really used it, I just wanted to see if it was going to be viable to wear on a normal basis.

And in a few hours, it's lost 1/3 of its condition.

Anyone else notice this as well? Or is it just me?

Am I just accident prone? Do I stand in front of too many chaos minion?

-p

Hmm hm... do you mean 86/120 or xx/86?
If the latter then... wtf?!?
If it's the first case then you can consider yourself as lucky.. i wrecked my PA last friday after only five hours of playing (firemobs). Completely wrecked.. (0/120). o_O

FBI
05-08-03, 04:58
Originally posted by neophotographer
Monk PA can be constructed? :wtf:

Stacey

Why not? tank pa can.

p

Glyc
05-08-03, 05:11
well u "used" to be able to bp PA (tank) but then about 5-6 months ago you couldnt. not sure if they changed it back. nobody i know has tried recently.

and yeah, i know someone who's psi apu pa2 got recked in 6 hours of levelling in chaos caves.

FBI
05-08-03, 05:16
Originally posted by Glyc
well u "used" to be able to bp PA (tank) but then about 5-6 months ago you couldnt. not sure if they changed it back. nobody i know has tried recently.

and yeah, i know someone who's psi apu pa2 got recked in 6 hours of levelling in chaos caves.

So i guess the 20x blueprints i have of my pa2 is qualified as
being a rare item? W00t :)

neophotographer
05-08-03, 05:32
Originally posted by FBI
Why not? tank pa can.

p

because it's kinda like an epic run?

Stacey

FBI
05-08-03, 05:40
Originally posted by neophotographer
because it's kinda like an epic run?

Stacey

it's kinda like an epic run, but no it's not.

and i didn't know they stopped making pa researchable, it was
during my hibernation that they did this.

Omnituens
05-08-03, 10:55
yeah Tank PA hasnt been researchable for a while now.

thats why it is artifact when you buy it.

monk PA is my AFK suit, i dont use it in combat so i cant answer your question. I'll ask around.

CarniFlex
05-08-03, 11:07
well... you can repair em... a bit high lvl maybe but its possible... or ... buy a new one...

just had a idea...

Honest Carni's used power armours

Selling monk pa's 123 apu/ppu

Bring your old wrecked one 0/100 minimum to get a discount!

Selling better monk pa's, slightly used
/saturn

hivemind
05-08-03, 11:08
Tank PA hasn't been researchable since I got my first suit back in like November. I remember trying to get it BPd, along with my newly-acquired Bat Queen bones.

lol nub

jernau
05-08-03, 14:00
There was a brief period when some of it could be BPed as could cyber-eye 4s and adv. headbones. KK fixed it shortly after though.

IIRC - you could only copy the PA BPs though, not the armour itself. Also, I thought it was only PA1 - I still have some BPs of that and made some up to get the monkey suits. If anyone wants to swap PA1 BPs fro PA2 on Saturn give me a yell.

FBI
05-08-03, 14:08
Originally posted by hivemind
Tank PA hasn't been researchable since I got my first suit back in like November. I remember trying to get it BPd, along with my newly-acquired Bat Queen bones.

lol nub

me a noob? pshhh ...

Originally posted by jernau
There was a brief period when some of it could be BPed as could cyber-eye 4s and adv. headbones. KK fixed it shortly after though.

IIRC - you could only copy the PA BPs though, not the armour itself. Also, I thought it was only PA1 - I still have some BPs of that and made some up to get the monkey suits. If anyone wants to swap PA1 BPs fro PA2 on Saturn give me a yell.

this should shut u up. :) (i got 20x pa1 bps in my cabs on pluto)

QuantumDelta
05-08-03, 16:04
pwned... :p

They're right though, 'tis not bpable anymore mr. d0x :p

uhh... Monk PA is kinda like an epic run yes........but............it's an infinately repeatable run afaik. :p

Omnituens
05-08-03, 18:01
i tried copying the bp.

no luck.

hivemind
05-08-03, 20:09
I was calling myself a nub for attempting to research Bat Queen bones. Sorry it wasn't clear, it was late.

msdong
05-08-03, 21:33
just the same question al lthe time - why isnt it possible to shoot 3000 rounds without cleaning my gun or take care.
and armor should break much faster them now. if u whould ever count the damage armor takes in one hour chaos cave or something it would be shocking high.

boost repairers ... and armour constructers.

XanX
05-08-03, 22:58
I've had it for 3 days and its already wrecked, gotta get it repaired. Cant believe it, AND ITS TL115 GRRRRRR

Progenitor
05-08-03, 23:17
Originally posted by XanX
I've had it for 3 days and its already wrecked, gotta get it repaired. Cant believe it, AND ITS TL115 GRRRRRR

Okay - so it's not just me that seems to be having this issue.

Bug or as designed?

-p

Arcadius
05-08-03, 23:24
What's the problem exactly?

My Holy Shelter vest got wrecked all the time.

I didn't expect PA to be different. I got 8 Pas though. :p

jernau
05-08-03, 23:47
Strangely my ARS ( :lol: ) is fine after over a month. I got a dozen of them on the first day because I expected them to get fooked in hours at TL115 but my first set has yet to be repaired.

Maybe that's the up-side of a spy dying so quick - not enough time for the armour to get hurt :mad:.

Ascension
05-08-03, 23:59
This is kinda away from the point but, Make the tanks do sum lousy epic mission 4 there damned PA's

Oh yeah KK's fav class "TANK":rolleyes: Thats why they have no epic:o

jernau
06-08-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Ascention
This is kinda away from the point but, Make the tanks do sum lousy epic mission 4 there damned PA's

Oh yeah KK's fav class "TANK":rolleyes: Thats why they have no epic:o

Then the monks would have to do both. This can go in circles forever :).

Ascension
06-08-03, 08:59
no vos they should take the Tank PA out of the Recipe 4 the monk PA:angel:

Spy<VS>Spy
06-08-03, 19:06
come to think of it i am not sure why they call it a power suit, i mean its just a vest, should it not be a power long sleeve shirt? it covers your whole body. are we then saying in addition to wearing this snug fitting suit under it a tanks got on full body armor anda helmet under his helmet?

eh, i dont know...it hurts my brain...

jernau
06-08-03, 19:52
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
come to think of it i am not sure why they call it a power suit, i mean its just a vest, should it not be a power long sleeve shirt? it covers your whole body. are we then saying in addition to wearing this snug fitting suit under it a tanks got on full body armor anda helmet under his helmet?

eh, i dont know...it hurts my brain...

That would explain why the hit-box is so much bigger - twice the armour.