PDA

View Full Version : A setting that made NEOCRON stable for me.

Mantus
04-08-03, 20:14
I was getting allot of System Errors and Software Errors and pretty much any other crash that randomly closes the game with a cute little pop up telling you absolutely nothing of what actually caused it.

The culprit here is the Transform & Lighting setting in Game Options. Found in:

Game Start Screen > Option > Video > Transform & Lighting.

Setting this to “Hardware” rather then “Software” (which seems to be the default for some reason O_o) stopped the System Errors for me and the game is allot more stable in general now.

I suggest you folks try this as there seems to be allot of complaints about game crashes.

My system:

Windows XP Pro
Pentium 4 - 2.4 Gig
GeForce Ti4200 128RAM
512 PC400 DDR RAM
Onboard Sound

The same fix worked on my old computer as well which was:

Windows ME
Athlon T-Bird 800
Asus A7V Board
GeForce2 MX 32RAM
512 PC133 RAM
Sound Blaster Value

El Barto
05-08-03, 00:03
Sounds good, gona try it now :)

HellHound
05-08-03, 01:44
*punches the air and starts dancing around*

Try it as soon as I'm done felling trees tomorrow. :D

Incinerate
05-08-03, 21:14
Originally posted by Mantus
Setting this to “Hardware” rather then “Software” (which seems to be the default for some reason O_o) stopped the System Errors for me and the game is allot more stable in general now.

I suggest you folks try this as there seems to be allot of complaints about game crashes.

My system:

Windows XP Pro
Pentium 4 - 2.4 Gig
GeForce Ti4200 128RAM
512 PC400 DDR RAM
Onboard Sound

The same fix worked on my old computer as well which was:

Windows ME
Athlon T-Bird 800
Asus A7V Board
GeForce2 MX 32RAM
512 PC133 RAM
Sound Blaster Value

"Software" was default? O_o For me "Hardware" was default, but when I set it to Software I gained quite a few fps :)

So I tried somthing and installed neocron on one of my IDE drives (mostly scsi in my pc) with the effect that if you use "Software" you gain even more fps when using scsi :)

Thanx for the hint!!!

Mantus
13-08-03, 18:12
Originally posted by Incinerate
"Software" was default? O_o For me "Hardware" was default, but when I set it to Software I gained quite a few fps :)

So I tried somthing and installed neocron on one of my IDE drives (mostly scsi in my pc) with the effect that if you use "Software" you gain even more fps when using scsi :)

Thanx for the hint!!!

Ah ive had the same experience! Software gave me better frames.

The trick is to turn on D3D T&L in the F11 in-game menu. Then you will get your frames back and them some. You will also get to see more distance. For me the "D3D T&L" setting doesnt effect game stability but "Transform & Lighting" does.

So i have
"Transform & Lighting" set to Hardware.
"D3D T&L" set to ON.