PDA

View Full Version : Non Official Fanmade Addon: NeoLauncher Pro ---- version 0.97!

BramTops
04-08-03, 19:18
Allright... just completed work on version 0.95:
- layout/design enhancements
- bugs fixed
- security issues fixed (minor, dont worry ;))
- private message system added (still rough&ugly, but it works :))
- buddy system improved

Some features:
- Showing latest world- and patch news (new items are marked!), including the links
- Showing players online per server (realtime)
- Custom settings, including: language, skin, displayname, primary server.
- Extended statistics showing total players online graph (period of last 50 hours), avarage players online, most active numbers, etc..
- Direct links to useful 3rd party websites and Neocron forums.
- Custom settings are cookie based (so it works on all connections).
- Full install and uninstall support
- Buddy list
- Private message system

Future features still include:
- One account on multiple systems (0.?)
- Integrated black-market (0.?)
- Integrated player events (by your primary server setting) (1.?)
- Direct patch downloads (1.?)
- More statistics (yeah, i love stats ) (1.?)

Notes:
reinstallation is (again) not required, but the new program now also works on win9x/ME in case you didn't got that yet... :D
you can get it here: http://www.creITive.com/neocron

View old threads about this program here: version 0.93 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69350) version 0.90 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68695)

Pravus
04-08-03, 19:46
Hey it still says install version 0.93 on the site, is the link still to the new 0.95 version?

Maarten
04-08-03, 20:34
The 0.95 version is only an update of the site used in the launcher, not the program itself.
So you don't need to download it again.

BramTops
05-08-03, 02:29
Yes, this is still vague to some people.. let me try to explain it (again):

NLpro consists of 2 parts: the "launcher" and the website.

1. the "launcher" isn't really the Neocron launcher. It's a launcher that launches the original neocron launcher that launches Neocron itself (still following me? ;)). This launcher-launcher only does these things:
- shows splash screen, so you dont forget you're using 3rd party software (and coz i like it ;))
- modifies an INI file so the original Neocron launcher doesn't show the original Neocron launcher website but the NeoLauncher PRO website (different URL).
- launch the original Neocron Launcher
(note: this (the 2nd) has to be EACH time because Neocron itself modifies the INI file back to it's original state when run)

2. the website. This is where the most work is done. It contains numerous features I thought would come in handy when playing Neocron.
IMPORTANT: the websites identifies you by a cookie! If you don't have one yet, you'll receive a new one that remains on your pc for a few years.. ;) Currently, it's not possible to use the same website-account on multiple PC's - that's why some names are shown more than once in the runners-lists; these runners play Neocron on more than 1 pc. I'm working on a feature to let you use a single account on multiple PC's...

So please note:
- NeoLauncher PRO does NOT add/modify/remove any KK program-code (except the INI file), as this is not allowed by KK.
- When an (website) update occurs (like the things I posted in my first post here), you do NOT have to re-install this program. There has been an Installer Update because the first version of the program (1. see above) wasn't compatibel with Windows 9x/ME.
- Future versions of the installer may contain other usefull 3rd-party programs. You will be notified through custom channels when this happens (these forums and the NLpro news-system).
- You can completly uninstall this program! (your settings will be saved, coz these are saved on the server. So if you re-install later again your settings are still available - see cookies above)

FlashFF
05-08-03, 13:05
Nice job bram.

If you message me on MSN later, I got a few ideas to throw at you :)

BramTops
06-08-03, 18:25
Updated the launcher(/installer).

It now runs the launcher (and loads the website) while displaying the splashscreen (coz some people dont like the wait).

You need to (re)install the new version if you want this: http://www.creITive.com/neocron

BramTops
07-08-03, 15:10
Installer version 1.02 available.

You can now auto-patch your NeoLauncher PRO from inside the launcher ("UPDATE LAUNCHER" link available on the bottom right of the start screen if an update is available)

dem0n
07-08-03, 18:45
Run time error 76, patch not found. Whats that all about, I don't think my *.ini has been modified. BTW, just where does the NL Pro look for the resource files? I mean, my version of NC has not been installed into the default folder, and I've checked out the registry there is no data concerning the NC dir path.

[edit]Silly me, didnt specify the NC dir myself :P. This prog roxxors your boxxors :D.

StryfeX
08-08-03, 03:30
Hrm... When I start up the (official) launcher with the modified .INI for NLP, I can't seem to get to any of the NLP pages. Like "Settings", etc. Just thought you might want to know.

(Forgive me if you've been made aware of the problem already.)

--Stryfe

Mankind
08-08-03, 04:39
haha 75% of Neocron use this program. Impressive. I on the other hand hate the launchers.

FlashFF
08-08-03, 18:20
bram... whats up with this?
it says...

"1 runners in past 2 hours: - anonymous: 1"

wheres all the users?

also says theres 481 ppl using NLPro

BramTops
10-08-03, 15:44
Originally posted by StryfeX
Hrm... When I start up the (official) launcher with the modified .INI for NLP, I can't seem to get to any of the NLP pages. Like "Settings", etc. Just thought you might want to know.

(Forgive me if you've been made aware of the problem already.)

--Stryfe

Hmm... thats strange... If you manually edit the ini/updater.ini file and replace the last line with
HOMEURL=http://www.creitive.com/neocron/launcher.php
it should work (one time only, coz Neocron reverts the line when ran - that's why you need the launcher exe too).

BramTops
10-08-03, 15:46
Originally posted by FlashFF
bram... whats up with this?
it says...

"1 runners in past 2 hours: - anonymous: 1"

wheres all the users?

also says theres 481 ppl using NLPro

stupid typo bug in sql-query.... :o

it's fixed now.

almost 500 runners are using (or have tried) NLpro! :D Yay..

I'll add code that removes inactive accounts after... say 6 weeks of inactivity (=not launched NLpro)???

BramTops
12-08-03, 19:48
0.96 just got online (i wont make ANOTHER thread until i release 1.0 ;))

made a few scrollers for statistics and buddy info lists. looks nice.

the runners online graph now show the daily average. so you can now see if the total community is growing or not....

FlashFF
12-08-03, 19:54
looking good bram. :)

keep up the good work, and 1.0 will be here pretty quick... i hope :D

-----
FlashFF

kane
12-08-03, 20:09
maybe a pin this topic and a screenshot or 2 pls :D

BramTops
12-08-03, 22:06
you can see a few (small) screenshots at www.creitive.com/neocron (the homepage) - though they are a bit old....

it features full uninstall capabilities, so there's no harm in trying... :D you'll love it.. :)

BramTops
14-08-03, 20:25
version 0.97 update:
- account system reworked:
--- you can now log-in to your account from another pc (no duplicate accounts anymore)
--- passwords are stored encrypted (there's NO WAY to retreive the original password)
- various layout enhancements
- statistics page improved again

Due to the new account system, all previous accounts have been erased (hey, thats the risk when using beta ;)) so you'll have to register and add your buddies again.

can a mod change the topic title to mention 0.97.. thanks.

FBI
14-08-03, 20:54
awesome bram, keep it up :)

jumbo
14-08-03, 22:08
Some problems creating new account with my old name JJ, tells me a runner already exists with that user name. So I try to login with my old password, tells me username unknown? I try to create an account again, the background goes white and it looks like I logged in with no name and I cant reset the backdrop.

Also in Runner stats a typo and this error.

Warning: Division by zero in /home/creitive/public_html/neocron/extstats.php on line 55

Jumbo

StryfeX
15-08-03, 05:19
Yeah....v0.971 has a few...problems. But oh well. As you said, that's the price of using a beta. :lol:

I've been having the exact same problems as jumbo.

--Stryfe

japata
15-08-03, 06:13
Just tested something. If I'd like to remove the launcher from my neocron installation it doesn't seem to be possible without editing. Though I ran the uninstallation .exe, it doesn't replace the HOMEURL in the updater.ini with the official one.

Also I seem to be experiencing some kind of a bug. I have no skin on my launcher (e.g. background is white), it doesn't allow me to log in with my character nor make a new one.

If anyone can remember the original HOMEURL, I'd appreciate it.

Edit. Nevermind, already found it.

FlashFF
15-08-03, 11:25
Japata - Replacing your HOMEURL is easy.
Once you've uninstalled the launcher, start your normal launcher, and click the "Play Neocron" button. Once you are in the game main menu, you can play or just quit, but either way, once the "Play Neocron" button has been clicked, Neocron automatically sets its HOMEURL back to normal.

As for the account creation problems, and this is not an official statement as I havent spoken to bram yet, but it appears to be non-functioning for some. Just keep yourself as anonymmous till the next update if your having problems and it should get sorted out soon :)

BramTops
15-08-03, 15:10
Yeps... Sorry guys.. Made a typo in the username variable - so it checked for empty name... and that one already exists (dummy account for non-registered users)

0.972: It's fixed now.

as for the other problems: the background going white is also an account bug - it should work now too.
the "division by zero" error will fix itself as soon there's someone with 5 or more visits.. ;)

BramTops
18-08-03, 15:05
Improved security:

it's now impossible to hi-jack accounts by changing cookie values... ;) (was no threat to your Neocron account though!!!)

PLS NOTE AGAIN!: Passwords are stored with md5 encryption - impossible to retreive

FBI
18-08-03, 15:29
great my account works perfectly now :)

nice job bram

BramTops
18-08-03, 15:37
Originally posted by kane
maybe a pin this topic and a screenshot or 2 pls :D

Well... a pin would be nice. But this is still BETA. Maybe when the final is released... :D

And some screenshots (sorry for the delay... didn't saw your post before):

HOME PAGE
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/website/ss1.jpg

BUDDIES PAGE
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/website/ss2.jpg

ACCOUNT SETTINGS PAGE
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/website/ss3.jpg

'nother note: the "runners using neolauncher pro" number is a bit low atm coz i recently deleted the entire database to make some serious security improvements...