PDA

View Full Version : Victory! or not...

Pravus
04-08-03, 18:45
Hey i thought i would put this on for 2 reasons... GizmoJack on Saturn asked me to and it demonstrates a point i want to make...

http://www.icedlightning.co.uk/images/thevictory.jpg

As you can see we downed a big hoverbomber. This took quite a while as we are all droners in that pic and you should know that drones cant look directly upwards, so we had to move away from it all the time. eventually it went down and... landed on a tiny little projecting aerial on TH. This meant that we coulnt hack it obviously, which is annoying since we just got it down. Being droners, we thought a solution to this might be a remote hacking drone? This would be a useful addition and would solve problems when the enemy lands in an awkward position, and i know you will say 'NO IT MEANS PEOPLE CAN REMOTLY HACK BASES' i think this should be something the drones could be prevented from doing... is remote hack drones a good idea?

Helen Angilley
04-08-03, 18:48
Only if it was dependant on the user's HCK skill.

Pravus
04-08-03, 18:50
well yeah i meant to put that in sorry :)

P4mp3rk3
04-08-03, 18:51
If you're talking about hacking only, and you'd still have to go up to the object to loot, then yeah, that's a pretty good idea
If the drone can loot as well... NO :)

Pravus
04-08-03, 18:54
well in this case we still wouldnt be able to get the loot if the drone cant get it... maybe if the drone could simply empty all the loot to the floor but not carry it?

enablerbr
sounds a good idea. i doubt a hack drone could hack an OP. due to most clans place turrets near terminals. so would be destroyed before it got close enough.

Nixon
HAHA!

The same thing happened to me a long time ago in an exactly same place :P

See those barrels on the right? i tried to jump from there and open hack but noo :D

VictorKruger
04-08-03, 18:58
i find it really funny that a hoverbomber is balancing on the tail-end of itself with 3 little exhaust pipes.

but as for the hacking drones, that would be a good idea for situations like this as well as the drones being able to dump the contents on to the ground beside the killed beast/bomber/whatever.

CarniFlex
04-08-03, 19:10
hacking drones sounds fun :D
Tangent Theif drone x100, hacking and item retrival
Tangent Theif drone x200, stealth hacking and item retrival
Rare Tangent Thief drone x300, pickpocket in plaza ability (as long as copbots can shoot it down)

and they should be able to hack ops... makes turret placements a bit more crucial.