PDA

View Full Version : Put back Safe Areas in Mc5?

ServeX
04-08-03, 17:51
Put back Safe Areas in Mc5?

yes/no and why?

Mumblyfish
04-08-03, 17:57
Yes, because everyone should have a chance at getting these coveted chips, if they invest enough time in it. Now only a select handful of players have access to them.

It was also hard enough WITH the safe spots. It's not like it made the player invulnerable. I died countless times when in the "safe areas", due to the AI coming behind the glass, or simply by being hit by ghost plasma, resulting in my quick, unavoidable, and invisible death.

hinch
04-08-03, 18:00
i would say put them back in

ONLY on the condition that the bigger clans that have been camping the place stop going after they have their 1 chip each and let the smaller 10 man clans get there and get some cos atm if a big clan is camping nobody stands a chance

im as guilt as anyone taking in a team of my clan and removing everyone else there so we can camp there for 6 hours or so people need to learn to share the spot not hog it you can always go back a few weeks later for some more chips if you really need them but theres no need for everyone in your clan to have 2 of each tbh

phunqe
04-08-03, 18:03
The reason fo the removal of the glass was the exploit. I however would have made the glass taller, all the way up to the roof (since you cannot target through glass).

So yes, put a roof to ceiling glass back in.

Lucjan
04-08-03, 18:05
Yes, coz the current state is more of a griefing to some classes in the game that would also like to have one of those chips.

Actually, the whole MC5 idea sux, but not that this wouldn't be something new and not gotten mentioned before. We definetly need more placed where MC5 parts drop to avoid EverCamp.

SpAcEDoUbT
04-08-03, 18:10
Ermm sorry..but no..

Its not supposed to be easy to get the parts...

And tbh it isnt THAT hard...

well its is.. but isnt it supposed to be ..

a challenge?

MjukisDjur
04-08-03, 18:10
ONLY on the condition that the bigger clans that have been camping the place stop going after they have their 1 chip each and let the smaller 10 man clans get there and get some cos atm if a big clan is camping nobody stands a chance

Like that is going to happen... mc5 was camped 24/7

hinch
04-08-03, 18:12
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
Like that is going to happen... mc5 was camped 24/7

which is why i started going in and ganking everyone there who was in a big clan :)

LTA
04-08-03, 18:14
Voted yes but i think mc5 just needs acomplete rethink :p

Maybe the base commander should be at the end of some kind of mc5 "dungeon" and the guards can be on different levels of the base.

Make it 2/3 floors then have floor 1 with mid ranged guards 80/80 plasma pistols etc than as you go down security gets tighter guards get stronger with the base commander at the end maybe guarded by 2 copbots (i call em copbots becuase they ultimately are :p) and give the base comm some other unique weapon like a Ray Of God or something :p.

I also think then he should drop cpus as a whole but before you flame i think this should warrant the reason for its difficulty as tbh it took a small group of us (2 ppus 2 apus) an hour to kill the comm twice and we got 1 part.

SpAcEDoUbT
04-08-03, 18:17
Yep, in its current state Mc5 is fine ( difficulty wise).

However if they should take any of those ^^ ideas on board then they should drop whole.

Lethys
04-08-03, 18:19
Either put the safe zones back in, or increase the drop rate so you get one part every time you kill the comm.

GT_Rince
04-08-03, 18:21
Not another one of these polls - we had this just before the weekend :rolleyes:

OpTi
04-08-03, 18:29
Originally posted by LTA
Voted yes but i think mc5 just needs acomplete rethink :p

Maybe the base commander should be at the end of some kind of mc5 "sungeon" and the guards can be on different levels of the base.

Make it 2/3 floors then have floor 1 with mid ranged guards 80/80 plasma pistols etc than as you go down security gets tighter guards get stronger with the base commander at the end maybe guarded by 2 copbots (i call em copbots becuase they ultimately are :p) and give the base comm some other unique weapon like a Ray Of God or something :p.

I also think then he should drop cpus as a whole but before you flame i think this should warrant the reason for its difficulty as tbh it took a small group of us (2 ppus 2 apus) an hour to kill the comm twice and we got 1 part.

i like this idea alot, it would be MUCH more fun that way and the reward would be worth it

ServeX
04-08-03, 18:32
Originally posted by OpTi
i like this idea alot, it would be MUCH more fun that way and the reward would be worth it

im with you there.

GT_Rince
04-08-03, 18:34
Somebody posted an idea I liked a short while back. Make the base, more like a cave run. Could be 1 or more rooms / levels and could take a long time to get to the end. End result would be worth it, but drops are still not guaranteed.

I don't like the idea of everything being in 1 room because it still makes it hard as hell for lone runners, small clans, etc to get the parts.

superfresh
04-08-03, 18:34
MC5 isn't hard at all. The commander takes about 80 hits or so from a Malediction, so all you need to do is go in there with 80 tanks, each one gets a hit before dying, and boom there's your part.

ex-machina
04-08-03, 18:39
no, becuase the were removed for a reason.

At the most make those safe areas solid walls that stretch to the ceiling, but I don't believe that people want this safe areas because they're safe but rather because they're sweet.

OpTi
04-08-03, 18:40
Originally posted by ServeX
im with you there.

it was me, LTA and space there me and space as apu's and lta and another guy as ppu, killed the commander twice and got one part and died more times than we can count, it wasn't fun AT ALL, even doing chaos caves 50 thousand times is more fun than doing MC5 and i'm bored shitless of it, yet i doit for an hour and fell i've acomplished something ie a lvl of psi/int, hell even the cash is good enough, MC5 is not fun and not worth dying that many times for 1-2 parts of 5 diff cpus that need 6 parts each. it SHOULD be hard as hell but it should still be FUN and REWARDING to actualy come out alive and say "That was cool we actualy managed it!" yesterday i came out and thought "Cool we got a part, now we only need to ress it and PRAY it doesn't vanish and hope it's a part we want o_O "

Helen Angilley
04-08-03, 18:41
I always found it a little odd that CityAdmin allies would raid MC5. o_O

Nixon
04-08-03, 18:41
I would really like to know why KK removed the safe areas from mc5.

[edit]

Yeah Opti you are so right. I sat in mc5 for a week every day,
just switching ppu as they had to leave. Once i logged in i tried
to get a ppu and off we go to mc5, blasted the comm till i was
too tired and logged off. Now when they removed the safe spots
it's impossible for anyone to get the chips anymore.. If this is
KK's attempt to make the implants harder to get, well, they made
them impossible to get and that might be a bit too much unless
you are rh.. uh faction councellor.

-FN-
04-08-03, 18:44
And make TWO more Bases in the zone so that the monopolizing and LE BS stops, just like there are several Chaos Caves and Swamp Caves.

Right now the uber-of-the-uber have the MC5 Chips in their head. And very few have a chance of getting their own chip anymore. How retarded is that? It's like the Laurent PSI-Mod all over again... except this affects a much broader base of players.

superfresh
04-08-03, 18:45
The reason they removed the glass was that a player could jump on top of it on the bigger side and pluck away at the guards without ever getting hit. A clear exploit that was used extensively by "eager" players.

The ideal solution would've been to block access to the top of the glass, but apparently previous attempts at that failed...

Nixon
04-08-03, 18:49
Originally posted by superfresh
The reason they removed the glass was that a player could jump on top of it on the bigger side and pluck away at the guards without ever getting hit. A clear exploit that was used extensively by "eager" players.

The ideal solution would've been to block access to the top of the glass, but apparently previous attempts at that failed...

It didnt work on Pluto, im 99% sure of that.

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-08-03, 18:55
Yeah they took it out because of the exploit, but honestly if they took more than a half hour of thought to make mc5, then they would never have forced an entire community to "exploit" just to get the chips.It all boils down to bad level design so don't be blaming the coders.Blame the designer of mc5 :(

On a side note: now that I'm back in the community I might as well start working on "my version" of mc5 for show again to you all ;) I gave up on it when I thought that NC would die and it was a waste of my time, then began a CS map :p

LTA
04-08-03, 18:58
doesn't vanish and hope it's a part we want o_O "

Which in the end it wasn't :p

OpTi
04-08-03, 19:16
Originally posted by LTA
Which in the end it wasn't :p

and we're one on the VERY few people on venus with parts so trading is gonna be like near impossible :(

LTA
04-08-03, 20:12
and we're one on the VERY few people on venus with parts so trading is gonna be like near impossible :(

Apart from the tank, but when we got part of the SA it's still not helpfull :p

Agree tho on the general it's just a letdown and feels pointless to be there o_O

Cyphor
04-08-03, 20:28
Some sort of safezone needs to be put in as atm it seems impossible, the idea of having more bases with a cmdr may be a good way to stop big clans camping (hopefully) not sure if theres any other way, to be honest its not really kk's fault or problem, more just the selfishness of some clans. I also like the idea of chips dropping whole, as atm you dont even get a part on every kill so getting a chip takes forever, perhalps keep the droprate but make the chips drops whole, so you might get a chip inone of every 5 or 6 kills.

Argent
04-08-03, 20:35
I voted no.

Because I'm a rifle spy, I cannot hunt there.

So there's no reason for others be able to hunt there.

-Argent - The spy without SA - forever

JediMasta
04-08-03, 20:44
Originally posted by SpAcEDoUbT
And tbh it isnt THAT hard...

Bullshit ! I'd like to see you go in and get some parts ! With the damage lag, invisible plasma and no cover its impossible !

MC5 isn't hard at all. The commander takes about 80 hits or so from a Malediction, so all you need to do is go in there with 80 tanks, each one gets a hit before dying, and boom there's your part.

You obviously havent tried that strategy. The first tanks to go in die straight away, by the time the whole team has got inside, half will have crashed, and the rest will suffer uber lag

LTA
04-08-03, 20:48
Originally posted by JediMasta
Bullshit ! I'd like to see you go in and get some parts ! With the damage lag, invisible plasma and no cover its impossible !

Err he did he came with me, another monk and another ppu we got bored after an hour, killed the com twice and got a Frame of SA it just lacks the feeling of any accomplishment when it takes ages to nail him and then you get diddly squat

Nexxy
04-08-03, 20:49
No, because i got mine and i dont care about the rest of you :D

Helen Angilley
04-08-03, 20:52
Originally posted by JediMasta

You obviously havent tried that strategy. The first tanks to go in die straight away, by the time the whole team has got inside, half will have crashed, and the rest will suffer uber lag

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Nasher
04-08-03, 21:06
MC5 parts are supposed to be very hard to get, they shouldnt make it easy so people can exploit safe spots. Its VERY unlikely that is will get changed back and its probably the people who camped there 24/7 that are the ones who even give a crap.

OpTi
04-08-03, 21:14
i've been on uranus when the glass was there and killed the commnader with my tank and some monks, again it still wasn't fun and even after we got maybe 1-2 parts i still felt then no sense that i had achieved something. i have never camped that place for more than an hour, simply because i play to have fun, i have fun in PvP and going after hard to get items. On uranus we collect/trade parts to make completed rares even if we don't need them just because it's something we havent done before, and we plan to have a complete set of every rare and "hard to get" item just because we can, we don't want it to be easy, but we want to to be fun

SpAcEDoUbT
04-08-03, 21:36
Jedi... ermmm... Unlike some people I dont speak about things I have no knowledge of.

I went to mc5 with some friends.. Ta LTA :P.....and Opti..
Then saw this thread..

Tis only MY opinion and tbh im no Hot Shot player, so i figures if we could do it.. it couldnt be THAT hard as it is.

I must add tho , I also like LTAs idea about a rethink of the layout of Mc5.

VVerevvolf
04-08-03, 21:42
It is not hard at all to get MC5 parts.
We were there yesterday for about..6 hours I think. No problem at all to get about 20 parts from the base commander.
There is no need to make it easier, just because some people are not clever enough to handle it.

Talios
04-08-03, 21:46
No... Leave it as it is... the mc5 chips are supposed to be rare... rarer then the rarest rares in Neocron.

Spy XX
04-08-03, 21:56
well the problem was not that everyone could get them, but due to AOE even single persons where able to farm then.

If Reakktor Removes the AOE "EXPLOIT" (its not really an exploit but you know what i mean, AOE weapons hit stuff behind walls) and make the glaswalls fit to the ceiling (to make monks unable to target stuff behind the wall) then i would say yes. but i say no cause mc5 is too exploitable like it was.

FBI
04-08-03, 22:09
Put back safe areas i say.

KidWithStick
04-08-03, 22:11
"safe area" - ... lol...it was all that safe whent he base commander decided to walk back there and kill eveyrone.

FBI
04-08-03, 22:19
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
We were there yesterday for about..6 hours I think. No problem at all to get about 20 parts from the base commander.
There is no need to make it easier, just because some people are not clever enough to handle it.

unless you can prove something like that, the claim is cowpoop

VVerevvolf
04-08-03, 22:28
How can I prove it?
I don't think we will call TA to come and watch us while we are collecting parts :lol:

There is no need to believe it, I'm just happy we got another DS ready to construct. Oh, and we found 4 Parts of the new Riggers Dream CPU, I think that would prove it. But I don't have those parts, and I highly doubt that we will show 'em to everybody just to prove that it is not hard ;)

Nullifidian
04-08-03, 22:28
Delete MC5.

It's a fucking campsite. That's right kids, break out your marshmellows and hotdogs.

Fucking EQ wannabe piece of shit.

Mr Friendly
04-08-03, 22:36
i said yes mainly cuz of one main reason, which was addressed in the first page.
Yes Mc5 is farely hard now without the windows, but now ur just using the stupidity of the AI who gets trapped behind the desk & crouching off to the side where u can just see their heads to kill them. & most of the times the other commanders will find u & kill the tank, though the ppu wont die unless assaulted by more than one commander ata time..............

and all this frustration & skill it takes to do this (some may say its an exploit but o/w)..........u have a 50/50 chance of even getting a part.

it took a group of 2 ppus, 1 apu, & 1 tank about 15 to 20 mins with teh glass in to kill one commander.....and thats if they were good. but now with the windows out, ur lucky and/or godlike if u/or ur group can kill a commander within about 40 mins........so in 2 hours ull kill 2 commanders......MAYBE get a tech part.

with the windows out, it would take u months just to get an mc5 chip assembled. (assuming u get all the parts from hunting in there)........or weeks if ur just lucky with the drops.

Id like to see how long it takes the GMs to killa c ommander with teh glass in, & without god mode on =P

Mr Friendly
04-08-03, 22:43
and the AoE exploit being the reason they removed it.........well, that was back when they were also hybrids & could heal, buff themsleves.........but NOW u NEED a really good ppu with very nice buffs & heal

but either way im happy with Mc5, It would just relieve alot'a stress & pain of doin it if they put windows back in

Arcadius
04-08-03, 23:03

20 parts. OMG BS!

It's rare that I flatout disbelieve someone, but this takes the cake.

Spy XX
04-08-03, 23:05
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
and the AoE exploit being the reason they removed it.........well, that was back when they were also hybrids & could heal, buff themsleves.........but NOW u NEED a really good ppu with very nice buffs & heal

but either way im happy with Mc5, It would just relieve alot'a stress & pain of doin it if they put windows back in

Well there was a problem with tanks soloing mc5 too, cause they just shot the glass at a point far enough away from them to not get damaged.

Arcadius
04-08-03, 23:06
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70112&highlight=base+commander

Nullifidian
04-08-03, 23:14
Let's all sing songs and hold hands around the campfire!

Fucking campers.

Arcadius
04-08-03, 23:19
Originally posted by Nullifidian
Let's all sing songs and hold hands around the campfire!

Fucking campers.

lmao

enablerbr
04-08-03, 23:22
who cares about MC5 i'll never survive there anyway.:p

SovKhan
05-08-03, 00:03
how bout they make all current built chips dissapear. and make everyone go camp/farm new ones, so all the people who "we dont care about MC5, because we have our ubberchips" can go there and see how it really is. i dont care that its hard, i care that other people were able to get them when it was easy and can now sit back and laugh.

Original monk
05-08-03, 00:05
Put one side back in, and make it high (the glass) andmake 3 area mc5's so we dot start fighting in there, or need to put le's in :/

Weazle
05-08-03, 00:48
MC5 chip farming is a total waste of time for me. I can spend maybe the next 10 years trying to get a whole chip but I'd prefer to enjoy life.

REMUS
05-08-03, 00:56
ive never been to botherd with mc5 cpu's, its stupid they make it easy as tho its the next step after marine:

then they nerf drop rate
then they remove the glass

after all the people that really want the cpus and actually could be botherd to get them, have them, all the people that are to low ranked have been analised, becuase its useually pkers/pvp'ers that want the cpu's.

RETARDED

Ascension
05-08-03, 01:06
Originally posted by SovKhan
how bout they make all current built chips dissapear. and make everyone go camp/farm new ones, so all the people who "we dont care about MC5, because we have our ubberchips" can go there and see how it really is. i dont care that its hard, i care that other people were able to get them when it was easy and can now sit back and laugh.

yup, If KK aint gonna FiX MC 5 then lets remove all current chips and then see the responce they get:mad:

FBI
05-08-03, 02:34

http://www.sw-kleinanzeigen.de/priv/Forum/bs.jpg

Xian
05-08-03, 02:36
You're having a field day with that funny images thread aren't you FBI. :D

FBI
05-08-03, 02:37
Originally posted by Xian

Yes.... :)

Forget My Name
05-08-03, 03:08
damnit FBI, I got hooked on them as well!

http://www.sw-kleinanzeigen.de/priv/Forum/thisthreadisgay.gif

Arcadius
05-08-03, 03:43
Originally posted by Forget My Name
damnit FBI, I got hooked on them as well!

http://www.sw-kleinanzeigen.de/priv/Forum/thisthreadisgay.gif

Originally posted by FBI
http://www.sw-kleinanzeigen.de/priv/Forum/bs.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ascension
05-08-03, 12:19
Hmm aint we kinda slipping from the topic???:lol: :lol: :lol:

hinch
05-08-03, 12:30
Originally posted by Xian

oh dear good what have i started

phunqe
05-08-03, 12:50
bleh bleh, wrong button.

Never mind me, move along. Nothing to see here.

Argent
05-08-03, 20:21
Originally posted by Talios
No... Leave it as it is... the mc5 chips are supposed to be rare... rarer then the rarest rares in Neocron.

Never start a rifle (Or pistol spy, rocket pistols are pretty much useless too) spy char.

Otherwise your opinion might change quite quickly, and that's not what we want? We just want the fucking chips to be rare, and unavailable to rifle spies without big clan to back them up (or willing to pay 10+mil per part).

Nullifidian
05-08-03, 20:36
I say fuck putting glass in MC5.

They should put in a campfire and a vendor who sells marshmellows, graham crackers, and chocolate.

That way all you fucking girlscouts can camp out and make s'mores over an open fire.

ZoraN
05-08-03, 20:57
Agree

yeah put em back, i mean now when u enter mc5 u NEED a ppu, be4 u could solo by shooting the glass with area weapons. and who cares if u shoot on the glass i mean think what would happend in reality:wtf:

OpTi
05-08-03, 21:04
Originally posted by ZoraN
Agree

yeah put em back, i mean now when u enter mc5 u NEED a ppu, be4 u could solo by shooting the glass with area weapons. and who cares if u shoot on the glass i mean think what would happend in reality:wtf:

you'd be killed by 4 guys with copbot rifles the seccond you walked in?

Arcadius
05-08-03, 21:14
Actually I don't think the mc5 chips are powerful enough to justify all the bullshit and TL 115 poke.

If their gonna make it that super hard AND require someone to fork over 1 mil to buy a tool to poke you, then at least they could make the quality never degrade like epics.

sheeesh