PDA

View Full Version : Make Money Help

Crest
04-08-03, 10:15
Imagine I have a couple of hours to make money, and have a 120 barter, good constructor and researcher.

What is the best items to construct to maximize profits. There are a few guns I can build, they use part weapon 8's so I make these.

I land up spending about 4k to make back between 12k and 25k depend on slottage, so a 1H20 minute - seesion of 40 guns makes anything from 350k to 500k profit. Now this is the best I have Fouind and want to know if there is a easier and cheaper way to go about this.

All skills are made commercialy available during this process so they make some cash then too ......

Crest
04-08-03, 13:57
Is this an exploit that no one is comming back to me. Or is there no advise available ? Someone Should be able to help me. If you want then drop me a private message.

If its an exploit then let me know

hinch
04-08-03, 13:59
build 100 troop carriers and sell them to asg for fuck loads using your barter

enablerbr
04-08-03, 14:05
my advice is not to mention money making or uber skills boasting on these forums. KK will see it and decide to nerf in a forth coming patch.

Sleawer
04-08-03, 14:11
It would be silly of KK, to get important ammounts of money from tradeskills you need the interaction of three persons at least, so it's not an easy way, and requires some devotion.

Personally I go to plaza as a lone researcher only when I need fast lube and some tips. To make decent money I need a constructor and a barterer... maybe only a constructor if you stablish a famous implant shop, vehicle shop in forums etc... but the fast way is interact with 3 other players.

Stupid to nerf it yes, very stupid....

ps: hinch already said it, apc's are great to make money from asg's; also I have heard some guys making profit of holy damage boost spells, personally I never tried.

greendonkeyuk
04-08-03, 14:16
Originally posted by enablerbr
my advice is not to mention money making or uber skills boasting on these forums. KK will see it and decide to nerf in a forth coming patch.

its simple economics.... its not an exploit, the game was designed for people to make money through tradeskilling, hell they nerfed xp gain from it so money is the only attraction now..........

enablerbr
04-08-03, 14:21
yeah but KK seem's to hate people making cash but loves us to spend sh!t loads.

Ren
04-08-03, 14:36
because losing money creates a timesink... of which it requires you to work longer to get the money back... in return you play longer and they get extra revenue.

Crest
05-08-03, 09:20
Originally posted by hinch
build 100 troop carriers and sell them to asg for fuck loads using your barter

I have done the math on this. Because of the requirements fir making troop carriers, including VC 10's which have to be built using VCP 10's which have to be built. Then the 9's also to be built .

I am not sure the profit is that substantial. I will re-look at my figures, but given the High TL it means more CG and RS will be used so thats also a consideration.

But will investigate further

Anyway Guys anyone got any other ideas

KidWithStick
05-08-03, 09:29
Originally posted by enablerbr

exactly...so please people just be quite on the matter and not say anything...

ive only been able to do it a few times and made a LITTLE bit of money...i havnt had the time to do it for 2 days straight...and i spents LOTS of times into my chars to do it...if it gets nerfed ill killmyself8|

Crest
05-08-03, 09:35
Originally posted by KidWithStick
exactly...so please people just be quite on the matter and not say anything...

ive only been able to do it a few times and made a LITTLE bit of money...i havnt had the time to do it for 2 days straight...and i spents LOTS of times into my chars to do it...if it gets nerfed ill killmyself8|

Given the nature of the game, money making cant be frowned upon. If you look at it this way.

In order to make money through trade it takes hours . About 2 hours to make 400k at most (Unless I dont know something). So then if thats the case and in the same time you can make 200k hunting , get rares and parts to sell worth another 100k (Use Barter) and then all the EXP#s of course, its the same.

The only happiness making tons of guns for money is
1) Make a 4 / 5 slotter which you can use or sell off
2) Make a 4 / 5 slotter which you can use or sell off
3)Make a 4 / 5 slotter which you can use or sell off
4)The amount of Exp is so low that, cause my constructor used to be a dronner so some of his exp was low, he does more exp on strength than on any other skill, go figure

cMz
05-08-03, 11:51
If you check the prices on http://neocron.ems.ru only looking at weapons, then the most profit you will get out of making things from chems is by making Holy Damage Boost Sanctums.

There is only one item that gives a profit if you have to buy the weapon parts for it, and that is the TL8 creature focus.

I have not compared things to how long it takes to build all the items. Maybe building lower TL things, which is quicker, will give more money in the end.

The list of things to build from chems is (only part of the list):
TL 8 Crahn creature focus = 375 nc (AAA)
TL 9 Combatknife = 288 (AAAC)
TL 11 Crahn Fireball blast = 347 (AABC)
TL 16 Crahn Toxic lance = 390 (BBBD)
TL 25 Unlabeled Automatic Pistol = 501 (BBCDD)
TL 28 Crahn shelter sanctum = 351 nc (ACCDE)
TL 32 Crahn group shelter = 508 nc (ABDDE)
TL 41 Holy Damage Boost Sanctum = 712 nc (AAAADF)

Looking at these numbers, you should probably be building Weapon part 1's and TL 8 Creature focus. It should be the most timeefficient. I will have to test this later today :)

Crest
05-08-03, 13:53
Ok this is what I found ... So far.

NCPD TriDe Fusion Cannon.
Building the weapon part 8 from chems no barter costs 4315
Buying the rest costs 2012
Added together costs 6337

It sell for 4423 2k loss. Now with my barter in place the cost of making it drops by 40% to 4562 and the price for selling is increased by about 120% to 11057 giving me a profit of 6.5k

That includes a 20% increase in costs for gels (RS and CG)
Now this is where it gets good
For each slot you get add a futher 50% profit as it seems the item sells for 50% more of orginal price when it has slotts filled

So if you got 3 slotts and did not flog it in plaza 1 for 75k (Or what ever the price is) then
profit = profit + 150% = 11057 * 150%
= 28k from shops

You need 3 good chars and lots of time. Cause to make 30 of these babies takes 3 - 4 hours from start to finish, bp weapon 8's and weapon.

Also you get a lot more 0 and 1 slotters than everything else on average in a batch of 30 I get about 10 - 1 slotters 4 - 2 slotters sometimes a 3 / 4 / 5 slotter and the rest 0 slotters. Also at least 1 failed and lost BP

So if I make 450K in a 3 hour period with hi level chars like I described then thats is devided by 3 , one for each char.

Imagine how much cash you get hunting as a team in pits or hi level mosters. 150K in 3 hours is easy. Hell even doing aggie cellars for 3 hours just picking up chests and legs and then getting barter to flog off while picking up missions is gonna be far more cash effective

Now you know why I ask for a better product.

i calculated building troop carries and hovers. Hovers cost me 50k to build and could sell for 25k. So thats a bade option. unless you build the vehicle parts from scratch (8's and 7') which takes for ever and then you turn a small profit

Any other views. Also if spending 3 hours, gaining just about no exp and only making 150K is an exploit, then its one that should be nerfed