PDA

View Full Version : Question(s) on Vehicles

d3ik
04-08-03, 01:56
Obviously with the new changes a lot more people are getting into vehicles... I am no exception. I recently purchased a nice, new ER Hovertech. A couple questions:

- Where are the vehicle depots located? I know of the one at MB, but is there a complete listing somewhere (I also heard they are adding more)

- I know if my vehicle is damaged I can repair it, if it is destroyed, is it just a huge repair cost or do I have to buy a new vehicle?

- If I leave my vehicle somewhere for a long period of time, will it stay there indefinitely or eventually warp back to the depot?

Thanks in advance.

Breschau
04-08-03, 01:59
- Where are the vehicle depots located? I know of the one at MB, but is there a complete listing somewhere (I also heard they are adding more)

There's one at MB, Jeriko, either TH entrance, TG and I think Desert Racetrack. Not sure if there's others I've missed/forgotten/been added since I last checked.

- I know if my vehicle is damaged I can repair it, if it is destroyed, is it just a huge repair cost or do I have to buy a new vehicle?

New vehicle, unless it was the NEXT epic vehicle , the Reveller.

- If I leave my vehicle somewhere for a long period of time, will it stay there indefinitely or eventually warp back to the depot?
Should eventually warp back. I'm told the time is meant to be an hour, but I've not checked that to confirm (and heard one guy say he'd left his for 3 hours and it still wasn't back).

Q`alooaith
04-08-03, 02:03
Originally posted by Breschau

There's one at MB, Jeriko, either TH entrance, TG and I think Desert Racetrack. Not sure if there's others I've missed/forgotten/been added since I last checked.

There's not an ASG at jeriko anymore, just one outside each NC gate..

J45
04-08-03, 02:05
the vehicle depot by jeriko is destroyed now, new one just outside the nc gates tho

Breschau
04-08-03, 02:07
Good to know. Dunno how I missed that fact as I ran past Jeriko and through the NC gates just a few hours ago, heh.

Q`alooaith
04-08-03, 02:08
Originally posted by J45
the vehicle depot by jeriko is destroyed now, new one just outside the nc gates tho

I just said that..

There's meant to be another one in the wastlands, J16 or somthing.. though I dunno..

J45
04-08-03, 02:14
beat me to it ;)

Voodoochicken
04-08-03, 02:32
Vehicle depots are allegedly at:

A-7, A-8, A-9 (NC Exits)

E-7, F-7 (TH Exits)

E-13 (TG exit)

G-11 (Racetrack)

I-16 (Sector north of eastgate)

J-1 (MB Exit)

-I think it now takes 3 minutes for a vehicle to become immune to damage.

-Supposedly it returns to the depot after about 2 hours (though I've had it return after about 3 minutes of being logged out).

[edit] A bit of advice here: get a second "back-up" vehicle as soon as possible.

You might find you temporarily lose a vehicle somehow/ have to leave it in a random place.

If you are going to leave a vehicle .. never leave it right next to a generep.. it's more likely to get destroyed (yes, even within 3 minutes). [/end edit]

Q`alooaith
04-08-03, 03:23
Originally posted by Voodoochicken
If you are going to leave a vehicle .. never leave it right next to a generep.. it's more likely to get destroyed (yes, even within 3 minutes).

Though if you can put it out of sight thats enough most times...

Like at tezla, you can jam a bike behind the genrep, and it'll slide out of sight unless somone knows where it is..

Drexel
04-08-03, 09:18
Another question,

Does having more that the required points in Vehicle mean you handle a vehicle better ?

Or do you just have to get the bare minimum ?

phunqe
04-08-03, 09:26
Originally posted by Drexel
Another question,

Does having more that the required points in Vehicle mean you handle a vehicle better ?

Or do you just have to get the bare minimum ?

Well, I just put 25 points in VHC yesterday to use the hovertec, and given how good it actually handled (I love motor sports games, and I was somewhat surprised that I managed not to bump into any trees with the hovertec - i.e good handling and response), I'm pretty sure it's a requirement skill only.

kurai
04-08-03, 10:01
Originally posted by Drexel
Another question,

Or do you just have to get the bare minimum ? Yep - you just need enough skill to meet reqs - more has no effect.

Spy<VS>Spy
04-08-03, 19:06
vehicles have come along way, but further than transportation or simply something to do...they are useless. and when i say the word useless its spat from my mouth like a bad taste, becauses there is basicly no excuse for them to be...briefly i thought they where crawling closer to something close but then they winged off into space of useless vil and yet to have come back.

basicly, the fatal flaws runs down like this.

- KK refuses to stop giving vehicle weapons heavy weapons property's, their short range and shitty targeting make killing runners more of a chore then it should be..

- completely and utterly failed in the concept of anti vehicle weapons.

- the one useful boat in the game, the APC, is still exstreamly borked. with no quick fix in site.

- there are only TWO vehicles in the entire game that actually protect the runner piloting them, and only ONE which protects the gunner. so who fucking cares what you do to the vehicle as a vehicle is only as strong as the runner who is piloting them.

- vehicles cant actually get into most bases, for which they where kind of intented to be used for in the taking, defending or getting too.

- Road ways, like...i KNOW KK was going somewhere with the concept of roads, to bad they are still treated as just a brown line drawn into the grown like the greenich time line. Vehicles cant pass over structures, like bridges or other objects. (not that there are many of those.)

- you can only find ammo for vehicles at the vehicle vendor...and he happens to more often then not be in dip shit places, but most importantly he is inside city's, for which vehicles cant be in...so its less then convient.

i mean, the potential is there, i think with a few tweaks and a few additions neocrons vehicle interface could be very solid, and might even call for a map exspension to better use them. :)

but untill then, they are still, with the exception of the hovertech...useless. so fix my APC damn it.

PaulVinten
05-08-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I just said that..

There's meant to be another one in the wastlands, J16 or somthing.. though I dunno..

Yup, used it yesterday.

Geth
05-08-03, 23:23
Vehicles are getting better week by week, but I still hate the fact that at least once a night I will have the error where it looks like I am moving on my bike, but when I jump off or try to zone I find I have not moved an inch. I know that this is an old problem, but it still pisses me right off.

And I know this isn't just related to bikes alone, once I was in an APC where the driver had this error and it took him a good 10 minutes to notice it, all the while the other passangers and I were ranting and raving to him to move. Once vehicles get more weapons I can't imagine how shitty this would be in a OP/runner fight. :eek: