PDA

View Full Version : How long does the monk PA quest take?

ZoneVortex
04-08-03, 01:33
Hey, was just wondering how long it takes before I do it, time is limited...

And also, is it possible for a PPU in the rank area of /30 to complete it? And is it different for every level of PA?

Omnituens
04-08-03, 01:42
as far as i know, there is no rank limit.

PA3 requires you to go to K14, so that can be awkward if you dont have the GR

Progenitor
04-08-03, 04:37
It's not quite different for each level of PA but there is an additional step/item needed as you go up in PA level.

If you talk to the NPC in the Crhan HQ he will tell you what you need for each one - and it pays to read it clearly :)

Plus once you get all the stuff out to the constructer, there is another twist that gets thrown into the mix - but it is more a timesink than anything.

If your faction is hostile to DoY - the level 3 & 4 PA will be nerveracking.

As a PPU you shouldn't have any problem with the additional items needed for the PA4 quest - just buff up and run as fast as you can there and back.

And of course - the whole GR thing can be a pain, which means that if you don't drive you are going to take the senic route and enjoy the sights of the land. That might be a little hazardous at times, but buff and run.

Good Luck.

-p

hose187
04-08-03, 07:00
Be aware that the NPC that gives you the finished cloak hasn't been around in days. I haven't checked yet today, but I don't think you can get the cloaks at all right now.

IronMonkey
04-08-03, 07:18
they respawned the npc ons aturn today.

People need to learn how to use the ? mark in the client as well instead of spamming the player 2 player help channel.

Also wait for the gm they will answer that as i dont have any gm friends lol im not favorable with gms none of that bs im only in my second month of playing and well the gm answered my request that i subm,itted with the ? option in the client and the npcs were respawned in around 30 minutes.

iron

ZoneVortex
04-08-03, 07:40
Alright! I got all the stuff for the PA one and was all excited and I get to the guy and he wants a BASIC HEAL!1!1!1!

I went balistic and logged off! Muahahah!!!

Damn you basic heal.....

Archeus
04-08-03, 07:53
If your on Pluto I left 33 LE's in a bin. :D

Basic heal is for level 1's.

Beefheart
04-08-03, 07:55
Just wondering something, since tanks simply just buy whatever PA suit they want without having to do this mini-epic for the monk pa, are monks locked into 1 suit ? What I mean is if you initially choose to do the run for the pa#2, and eventually you surpass it's requirements, are you able to also do the runs for pa#3 etc ?

ZoneVortex
04-08-03, 07:56
Originally posted by Beefheart
Just wondering something, since tanks simply just buy whatever PA suit they want without having to do this mini-epic for the monk pa, are monks locked into 1 suit ? What I mean is if you initially choose to do the run for the pa#2, and eventually you surpass it's requirements, are you able to also do the runs for pa#3 etc ?

I believe you can do it as many times as you want for any of them.

Arcadius
04-08-03, 07:57
Originally posted by Beefheart

yup, you can do the run as many times as you want.

Archeus
04-08-03, 08:05
I forgot to mention. the NPC is a little bugged. When I was there no one could talk to the NPC except me. So I was acting as buyer.

Also when I came back later Mercuri was telling the NPC off to do it's job.

IceStorm
04-08-03, 08:42
It doesn't take that long. The hardest parts are treking to K_14 and F_13. K_14 I lucked out and found a tank nearby who wanted the packages, so he shuttled them to NC while I picked up packages from the NPC. The ethics chips were a bit harder, but I managed to hobble back to Tezla factory without getting shot by TG troopers or blah-reapers.

To-date I've built 20 PA total, five each of level 1 through 4 (2 PPU/3 APU of each level). Based on my experiences, I've put together a walkthrough and posted it in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70654).

Yalson
04-08-03, 10:15
Originally posted by IronMonkey
they respawned the npc ons aturn today.

People need to learn how to use the ? mark in the client as well instead of spamming the player 2 player help channel.

Also wait for the gm they will answer that as i dont have any gm friends lol im not favorable with gms none of that bs im only in my second month of playing and well the gm answered my request that i subm,itted with the ? option in the client and the npcs were respawned in around 30 minutes.

iron

well I'm beginning to feel I'm the only player who's never going to get this frigging cloak

I clicked the ? on Saturday, waited, no NPC all day

clicked the ? on Sunday, waited, got a mail saying "working on it", waited, still no NPC when I logged last night.