PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we have the cool stuff like the people on the french server?

lullysing
02-08-03, 20:46
As a heads up to everybody, the french server ( venus) is currently under DoY invasion. They have worked out a system so that the sides that control the ops actually affects special mob spawn in the area ( DOY aligned = doy mobs spawning everywhere . City aligned = guard, copbots & others spawning).

Targetting KEY ops cuts reinforcements from perticular factions ( EX: if avenger is DOY controlled, then the mercs reinforcements don't go thru. If the jeriko-crest area is DOY controlled, then some city factions can't send in reinforcements to the front)

There's a post about it on the main french boards.All in all, pretty exciting, GREAT stuff. Personally i think it's pretty cool. But it's not happening on any other servers.

I applaud alchemic Dream for making things very exciting for THEIR customers....

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 20:48
ahem *cough*

Psychoninja
02-08-03, 20:49
Actually, I think they're under diff management. I think all the french GMs are paid and some other stuff, not sure. All I remember is the french server is completely different than all the other ones, GM wise.

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 21:01
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Actually, I think they're under diff management. I think all the french GMs are paid and some other stuff, not sure. All I remember is the french server is completely different than all the other ones, GM wise.

yea it is...they have like a whole organization for that stuff

hivemind
02-08-03, 21:03
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic ]

iNsAnE
02-08-03, 21:04
Venus also has lots of CityAdmin guards in Plaza1 who shoot all enemy factions. !

KnightWalker
02-08-03, 21:11
It would certainly make things interesting on saturn, TG would control everything and no one would be able to go anywhere, so even more people would join TG, and TG would win before DoY even appears. Then they would close down Saturn as the game would be over.

KW

I think I will stop speaking crap and go to the pub now

nostrah
02-08-03, 21:24
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - political discussion ]

hivemind
02-08-03, 21:26
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic ]

Progenitor
02-08-03, 21:29
Originally posted by lullysing
As a heads up to everybody, the french server ( venus) is currently under DoY invasion. They have worked out a system so that the sides that control the ops actually affects special mob spawn in the area ( DOY aligned = doy mobs spawning everywhere . City aligned = guard, copbots & others spawning).

Targetting KEY ops cuts reinforcements from perticular factions ( EX: if avenger is DOY controlled, then the mercs reinforcements don't go thru. If the jeriko-crest area is DOY controlled, then some city factions can't send in reinforcements to the front)

There's a post about it on the main french boards.All in all, pretty exciting, GREAT stuff. Personally i think it's pretty cool. But it's not happening on any other servers.

I applaud alchemic Dream for making things very exciting for THEIR customers....

I think it is a great idea, but instead of DoY aligned controled ops spanwing DoY aligned mobs - it should do the oposite - spawn city aligned mobs intent on taking it back.

Then when a city faction takes it back (with help from city aligned mobs) DoY aligned mobs start to spawn.

Chaos insues as mob fight mobs, players fight players and players fight mobs.

Would make for intersting times indeed.

-p

Ryuben
02-08-03, 21:30
maybe KK has an agrement that what they do on the server they tell KK and KK has to ok it and its just been *trial runned* on there so to speak. im sure one server got monk swirles before every one else.

\\Fényx//
02-08-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Ryuben
im sure one server got monk swirles before every one else.

they call that one the test server... not alot of people know that, most people go there to cap and PK cause they are lazy sods, but yea, believe me or not, its there for testing new features :rolleyes:

Spoon
02-08-03, 21:44
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - Nationalistic ]

From the bits and pieces I've been able to decipher on the French Forum, it sounds like the GM's are alot more interactive with the player base, both event and roleplay, wise.....
But what's up with the GM spawned level 1 and 2 implants on Venus?, I need a PSI Attack 2 cpu on Uranus, and noone seems to have one, could a GM help me plz?.....:angel:

SpAcEDoUbT
02-08-03, 21:49
I have to say venus has been the most fun server Ive played on, having played on them all ( Uranus Mostly). Apart from the fact that it was a fresh server and everyone began on the same footing, the GM involvement is very visable.

There are events 2 - 3 times a week at least for each faction.

Now im not a hardcore PvPer as a few of u will know but ive been impressed with that side of the server too.

edit.

The RP is pretty sweet too.

Progenitor
02-08-03, 21:49
Originally posted by Spoon
[ edited for violation of the forum rules ]

From the bits and pieces I've been able to decipher on the French Forum, it sounds like the GM's are alot more interactive with the player base, both event and roleplay, wise.....
But what's up with the GM spawned level 1 and 2 implants on Venus?, I need a PSI Attack 2 cpu on Uranus, and noone seems to have one, could a GM help me plz?.....:angel:

I'm pretty sure I have some - I might even have one in my head as well - dm me ingame when I am online and I can get you a BP.

-p

lullysing
02-08-03, 21:50
The Gms had to spawn those implant because there was none being droppped under the new loot rules.

the way it was done is with story NPCS ( they had those onserver since day one) and some runners befriended the story npcs and missions for them. they got those imps spawned for them as a reward.

All in all, i was pretty ok with it: means i got my bez 1 and 2 after all.

BlackPrince
02-08-03, 22:35
Stupid English pig dogs! I fart in your general direction!

It would be cool, but remember, even the best Volunteer can't compare to a well motivated and equipped paid employee. Not raggin on our GMs, but companies usually trust people on their payroll with a lot more power than they'd ever dream about giving a volunteer.

icarium
02-08-03, 22:38

nostrah
03-08-03, 09:28

Sunab_Naverith
03-08-03, 11:46
Originally posted by Ryuben
maybe KK has an agrement that what they do on the server they tell KK and KK has to ok it and its just been *trial runned* on there so to speak. im sure one server got monk swirles before every one else.

Venus is owned by Alchemic Dreams, not by KK. So, NO, unfortunately we will not be seeing this sort of thing on any non-french server anytime soon. To also verify the GM's are paid, and do multiple events/player held events a week, and seem to ALWAYS have GM support ingame available, virtually instantly according to my sources.... (damn frogs)

*edit: heres the link to another thread similar to this:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70621

Lord Mansion
03-08-03, 11:52
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Lord Mansion
03-08-03, 11:55
Originally posted by Sunab_Naverith
Venus is owned by Alchemic Dreams, not by KK. So, NO, unfortunately we will not be seeing this sort of thing on any non-french server anytime soon. To also verify the GM's are paid, and do multiple events/player held events a week, and seem to ALWAYS have GM support ingame available, virtually instantly according to my sources.... (damn frogs)

*edit: heres the link to another thread similar to this:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70621

That sounds pretty nice.

Bad my French sucks.

Ren
03-08-03, 12:37
Edit : bah - forget it

Lareolan
03-08-03, 15:43
Now this does beg a question then. Since the French users do not have to pay any extra money to play on Venus and are basically getting part of the profits from KK (I assume) then how the heck is it that they are able to afford to make the game much more fun than KK that actually gets considerably more money from us? How come KK can't afford to hire GMs (so they are more motivated to work and work fast) and to hire competent programmers so their code doesn't keep accumulating bugs?

I just don't get this.

Can anyone explain this to me how a company with a lot less resources is able to offer a lot more?

Helen Angilley
03-08-03, 15:45
Originally posted by Lareolan
Now this does beg a question then. Since the French users do not have to pay any extra money to play on Venus and are basically getting part of the profits from KK (I assume) then how the heck is it that they are able to afford to make the game much more fun than KK that actually gets considerably more money from us? How come KK can't afford to hire GMs (so they are more motivated to work and work fast) and to hire competent programmers so their code doesn't keep accumulating bugs?

I just don't get this.

Can anyone explain this to me how a company with a lot less resources is able to offer a lot more?

Their resources aren't stretched out into other projects, servers and development of the game itself.

llplus4
03-08-03, 16:03
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - Nationalistic ]

Lareolan
03-08-03, 16:04
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Their resources aren't stretched out into other projects, servers and development of the game itself.

If they are a company, I'm certain they don't exist merely to provide the French users a gaming experience in Neocron. I'm certain they also have their own project which they work on and develop separately, so I can't accept that point.

Somehow, the French company is able to do more with less money than KK. That just sounds strange to me.

Elric
03-08-03, 16:04
Originally posted by llplus4

Isnt this thread gettin a little vicious / racist?

But that was still fuckin funny from a stereotypical kinda way. :lol:

llplus4
03-08-03, 16:11
Couldnt resist taking the cheap shot there:) Im an 18 year in service, active duty, US Army soldier.

Wiladan

Helen Angilley
03-08-03, 16:13

Anyway, my point is thus: Knock it off guys, this is about he French server. Nothing else.

BETA_Tekamo
03-08-03, 16:20
yeah, but u all must know, we cant get Monk PAs on venus for now........ so there are also some downsides.....(1 has been given away in an event, 3 have been sold.... now, theres no way to get one..

Elric
03-08-03, 16:21
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

:lol: another stereotype classic!

shenten
03-08-03, 23:34
I just happened to read the english forum regarding that psi PA thing and the fact we have a lot of events on venus and i saw some posts I think is a shame, seems you don't have moderators either or at least they think the same as some of the people on this board.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - did you stop to consider that a moderator hadn't seen the posts? Next time you wish to make a complaint hit the "report to moderator" button or PM a mod. We absolutely will not tolerate nationalistic discussion on these boards ]

Ren
03-08-03, 23:42

hivemind
03-08-03, 23:54

FBI
04-08-03, 00:08
"Good, bad.. I'm the one with the gun" -Ash (Army of Darkness)

lullysing
04-08-03, 00:11
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - political ]

Nidhogg
04-08-03, 00:14
It would have been easier to have just closed this thread. o_O No more political or national debate. None.

N

HellHound
04-08-03, 02:38
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Stupid English pig dogs! I fart in your general direction!

Missed a bit. :p

Arcadius
04-08-03, 03:04
Decent thread ruined by politics. :(

Anyhow, It's odd that a seperate company runs one server. They make money soley on that server?

:confused:

BlackPrince
04-08-03, 03:42
Hey, mines a Mounty python quote, not political!
Don't force me to give you a second taunting.

Hippieman
04-08-03, 03:53
GET ON WITH IT!

Ryuben
04-08-03, 04:31
lmao i just pissed my self reading this thread with half of them starting

[edited for vilation :D lmao ]

Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

::Well, she turned me into a newt.
::::A newt?
::I got better.

Lord Mansion
04-08-03, 10:41
Originally posted by Lord Mansion
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

[Edited because it might hurt someone's feelings, which we don't want on here.]

StoneRayne
04-08-03, 10:50
Btw, Spoon, I have attack2, gimmie a dm and ill hook you up.

Darth Slayer
04-08-03, 11:12
:lol: Nid and his mighty hammer strike boy are they keeping you busy.

Vash th3 Flash
04-08-03, 21:39
Well I think it's great that another company took over the french server. I hope that KK will notice what is wrong with their GMs. I hope that KK will learn something from them.

SpAcEDoUbT
04-08-03, 21:46
Here Here!

Only downer is the monk PA :P

which will hopefully be remedied soon :P