PDA

View Full Version : DOY Allied with TG?

PaulVinten
04-08-03, 00:09
Ok, dunno about the other servers, but, at the moment, TG are STUPIDLY strong. Pretty much cos all the older, higher lvl players have gotten bored with lvling, or are capped, and have joined TG. Pretty much a license for people to 'You're RED!! Now you're DEAD!! HAHA!' type thing. Now, I'm not against this.

What I can see being a HUGE problem is this. I't's hard enough fighting against TG on their own. Saturn's TG account for nearly 2/3 of the map. I remember a few weeks ago logging on to find TG had taken the ENTIRE map over night. But enough about that.

My point?

When DOY is actually released, unsurprisingly a LOT of people are gonna flood to it. It is currently suggested that DOY is going to be allied with TG for obvious reasons.

Now, DOY is going to be insantly bloated with n00bs and capped chars alike, many from city factions, many from TG, agreed. Unless we get a mass exodus from TG-> CF like Pro did, we're gonna have pretty much 80% of the population against CF's... Not good news for anyone playing CF...

Helen Angilley
04-08-03, 00:22
Eh, people are just too afraid to join the Black Dragon and _really_ feel what it's like to have enemies...

lullysing
04-08-03, 00:31
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Eh, people are just too afraid to join the Black Dragon and _really_ feel what it's like to have enemies...

I concur. The real survivors, the real dangerous mofos are the black dragons. Because a black dragon will probably have service refused to him/her because of his status, because he has to work twice as hard to get strong, because everybody is out to get him.

Guu
04-08-03, 00:42
DOY and TG are definetly allied. Since 1.86, DOY Units are allied to TG, so the fraction DOY will be as well.

The way I see it, what you describe will happen, but only in the beginning. DOY is a new fraction so it will indeed be a magnet for all sorts of characters. Its new after all.
Once that phase is over and the players have been in DOY for a while, many people will discover that DOY really only is like being City Admin in another city...

Beefheart
04-08-03, 00:46
TG, or any other Neocron faction being allied with DoY seems to be ill thought out. Disregarding how TG players may or may not play along their factional lines, TG according to the official story are freedom fighters who want to rid Neocron City of (what they deem to be) the dictatorship of Lioon Reza and then install a democratic form of government. As far as I can see, all the characters we play bear some resemblence to actual humans, Doy on the other hand does not.

DoY represents, if not a totally different race, at least a race that is horribly mutated, nearly devoid of their own natural resources and in it's civilizations last death throes, hence the reason for their impending war with Neocron. It's not a war where they want to overthrow city govt. then go merrilly along their way, it's a war that represents an all-out genocide against not only Neocron citizens but all humans regardless of their factionality. TG (or any other faction) would be casting a ballot for their own eventual obliteration at the hands of DoY mutants by any alliance with them (i don't think I need to cite here examples of alliances through history where supposedly "friendly" countries with their own non-agression pacts were eventually turned upon by those "friends").

Plainly put, DoY is dying and they'll war with us to get our stuff. Any Neocron game faction that would ally with them will only be turned upon by doy. TG allied with Doy would be like the Vichy govt. of occupied france in ww2.

Ren
04-08-03, 13:55
you have to remember that the other servers may not be in the same situation..

for instance i belive CM is a bigger group on Saturn, and not just controlling the nipple of the map like it does in Pluto.

its got to make descions alot tougher.

hinch
04-08-03, 13:57
tsu and fa run uranus just about there is no major tg clan

Psychoninja
04-08-03, 14:01
Originally posted by PaulVinten
Ok, dunno about the other servers, but, at the moment, TG are STUPIDLY strong. Pretty much cos all the older, higher lvl players have gotten bored with lvling, or are capped, and have joined TG. Pretty much a license for people to 'You're RED!! Now you're DEAD!! HAHA!' type thing. Now, I'm not against this.

What I can see being a HUGE problem is this. I't's hard enough fighting against TG on their own. Saturn's TG account for nearly 2/3 of the map. I remember a few weeks ago logging on to find TG had taken the ENTIRE map over night. But enough about that.

My point?

When DOY is actually released, unsurprisingly a LOT of people are gonna flood to it. It is currently suggested that DOY is going to be allied with TG for obvious reasons.

Now, DOY is going to be insantly bloated with n00bs and capped chars alike, many from city factions, many from TG, agreed. Unless we get a mass exodus from TG-> CF like Pro did, we're gonna have pretty much 80% of the population against CF's... Not good news for anyone playing CF...

It isn't the same situation on all servers.
Alliances have to fit in with the storyline and faction backgraounds...

Crest
04-08-03, 14:02
Guys flock to TG cause they want to be rebels, the underdogs or on the winnig side (Like as if)

But when DOY comes, then being a TG means less cause there is less of being a rebel. TG will loose numbers (As will the other Factions).

Start a in game promo with someone like Photo harm and market them as a Underdog faction, or even TT then try pull those TG out of their clans and make the faction stronger ....that way things will even out