PDA

View Full Version : DoY Needs ADVERTISEMENT

PrizM
03-08-03, 23:54
I'm starting to see the same mistake when NC came out no advertisement. If KK was smart Martin would be contacting websites, gaming magazines, etc giving them previews on DoY, exclusive screen shots advertising Dome of York while showing and saying how much Neocron changed, how better it is, what has been done, etc. Wheres the ADVERTISEMENT?

PaulVinten
03-08-03, 23:56
Originally posted by PrizM
I'm starting to see the same mistake when NC came out no advertisement. If KK was smart Martin would be contacting websites, gaming magazines, etc giving them previews on DoY, exclusive screen shots advertising Dome of York while showing and saying how much Neocron changed, how better it is, what has been done, etc. Wheres the ADVERTISEMENT?

jesus fucking christ

WE KNOW. MARTIN KNOWS THIS

THATS WHY AS HAS BEEN SAID MANY MANY MANY TIMES, THEY'RE GETTING A NEW, BETTER AND MUCH MORE ADVERTISING LIKE PUBLISHER!!!

GRR!!!!

RTFF!!!
(Read the fucking Forums)

Trip
04-08-03, 00:00
erm...what he said but with less flames ^^
MJS is currently in the works of finding a new publisher hopefully as this post is typed out. CDV are and i hope gonna be ditched coz they're crap!

PrizM
04-08-03, 00:00
No offense if KK had a new publisher the publisher wouldnt be giving out interviews to gaming media. KK still has the ability to advertise on there own, giving out ss's, etc. I remember awile ago Martin was on gamesages.com I think the question was what are people looking for in new MMORPGS. Something like that.

greendonkeyuk
04-08-03, 11:11
give it time mate. you will see.

Beefheart
04-08-03, 18:07
"THATS WHY AS HAS BEEN SAID MANY MANY MANY TIMES, THEY'RE GETTING A NEW, BETTER AND MUCH MORE ADVERTISING LIKE PUBLISHER!!!"

and

"MJS is currently in the works of finding a new publisher hopefully as this post is typed out."

Just for the record, Martin J has only said on these forums that they are thinking about possibly changing publishers, not that they actually are. I do not know what the original contract between CDV and Reakktor looks like, but it is possible that CDV has fulfilled their obligations. If they have done due dilligence then it would be very costly legally, monetarily and Reakktor could lose soem professional respect by breaking their contract. If they could afford it, a buyout would be much easier.

However, based on what the poster says in this thread
http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70761
It doesn't look very good. CDV does not strike me as a very large company and 20 people laid offis not a good sign, but since I don't read german I can't be sure.

hinch
04-08-03, 18:14
cdv are actually a quite large company however 20 is still quite a sizeable chunk of people and with their apalling games in the pipeline and theyre quite shite advertising and flash banners im guessing theyre going to end up back as a germany only publishing/marketing company