PDA

View Full Version : DoY--->New Rumors?

Ascension
03-08-03, 14:50
Well, this is another Speculation but i have been hearing rummours of DoY NEXT WEEK, I have seen People running 2 K_14 and logging of at the Enterance???

Or maybe we can look at Descents Avatar:

DoY... They say may 2003, i say august of maybe... 2004?

:p

Spoon
03-08-03, 15:01
I would be very surprised if it came out before Xmas of 2003.....

enablerbr
03-08-03, 15:04
Spoon try more like Xmas 2004.

Blind_Guardian
03-08-03, 15:15
Wrong! Christmas 2005:rolleyes:

SilentGravity
03-08-03, 15:24
YOUR BOTH WRONG! NEVER!

I have considered the facts.... DOY Will never come...EVER! MWUAHAHAHAHA...

Anyways after talks with officials who I can't say, they said MJS is really taking the new publishing thing for real and he is trying to do this, now finding a new publisher takes along time.

Getting the publisher to sign the contract, takes even longer. By that time something will happen and they will accidentally place the DOY source-code on the uranus server and it will be deleted along with everyone on it :rolleyes:

Any backups would be on the coster- err, I mean Dev Server...

Cad
03-08-03, 15:25
DoY is just a rumor like the spy pa to get everyone giddy :p

Spoon
03-08-03, 15:27
I get the impression that they aren't as far along with it as they would like us to believe.
I think we've seen what they do have done, DoY mobs, DoY flying vehicles and probably some new weapons(although we haven't seen the weapons).
I doubt they have a real working DoY city zone up and running on a private server or secret zone somewhere, if they did I think they would show us some screenies(teasers) that has an RPOS(viewpoint) and some NPC's in it, rather than the generic Apartment screenies we have seen.

*EDIT*
btw, I'm in no real hurry for it(DoY), I can wait, I rather it be done right, than put into retail in a half done state.

msdong
03-08-03, 15:33
Originally posted by Spoon
.... if they did I think they would show us some screenies(teasers) that has an RPOS(viewpoint) and some NPC's in it, rather than the generic Apartment screenies we have seen.

/set ctrl_renderhud 0

for making cool promotion pictures....
and because of several GM have take a look i think severs are allready doy - a long time ...

Arcadius
03-08-03, 20:52
Originally posted by Ascention
Well, this is another Speculation but i have been hearing rummours of DoY NEXT WEEK, I have seen People running 2 K_14 and logging of at the Enterance???

Or maybe we can look at Descents Avatar:

:p

Btw tech parts for the monk Power armor 3 and 4 are given to you by an NPC at the DOY entrance.

Rade
03-08-03, 20:55
I get the impression that they aren't as far along with it as they would like us to believe.
I think we've seen what they do have done, DoY mobs, DoY flying vehicles and probably some new weapons(although we haven't seen the weapons).
I doubt they have a real working DoY city zone up and running on a private server or secret zone somewhere, if they did I think they would show us some screenies(teasers) that has an RPOS(viewpoint) and some NPC's in it, rather than the generic Apartment screenies we have seen.

*EDIT*
btw, I'm in no real hurry for it(DoY), I can wait, I rather it be done right, than put into retail in a half done state.

Uhm, didnt they post some teasers a while back?

Ragnarok
03-08-03, 21:03
Thanatos (Or was it Odin? o_O) has said, several times in fact, that the main thing holding them back is the lack of a new Publisher.

They don't want a repeat of what happened the first time round so they're pulling out all the stops this time.

-Ragnarok

*ph33r*
03-08-03, 21:05
Bada bum tish.

bounty
03-08-03, 21:13
So do you guys consider us in beta 5, or beta 6?

Hippieman
03-08-03, 21:15
Lets see the betas.

BETA 1
BETA 2
BETA 3
BETA 4
BETA 5 It was like beta 4 but with a selected group of 50 runners.
BETA 6 Retail
Oh and Beta 7 TestServer.
We are currently Beta 6

Helen Angilley
03-08-03, 21:15
Originally posted by bounty
So do you guys consider us in beta 5, or beta 6?

MMORPGs are always in a state of beta.

So much for that sarcastic little snipe. ;)

*ph33r*
03-08-03, 21:16
Yeah but Beta 6 has the best feature.... we pay monthly for it.... best beta yet!

^____________________^

KidWithStick
03-08-03, 21:26
ph33r why did you run away from me when you went to your APT by diamond HQ?

i saw you go up so i followed you ready to kill you...but you never came up...did you crash or somthing?:rolleyes:

*ph33r*
03-08-03, 21:36
went to my clan appt lolers

^____________________^

lets be buddies, we can take the fun bus together.

msdong
03-08-03, 22:30
Originally posted by Hippieman
Lets see the betas.

BETA 1
BETA 2
BETA 3
BETA 4
BETA 5 It was like beta 4 but with a selected group of 50 runners.
BETA 6 Retail

BETA 3
PRE BETA 4
BETA 4
RETAIL

Hippieman
03-08-03, 22:37
Your forgot beta 5 :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
03-08-03, 22:41
He didn't.

Everyone who really tested for a beta wouldnt consider calling the Retail a Beta.

Sure things change, but players and the world too. Its the Retail life of every mmorpg

msdong
03-08-03, 23:06
Originally posted by Hippieman
Your forgot beta 5 :rolleyes:

no - i remember i pay for it and it was in a box ;)

Vampire222
03-08-03, 23:07
look all... smoke some grass... take it ez, look at nc when it retailed, and look at it now... they are making good progress... let em continue... cdv suxx not their devs

Hippieman
03-08-03, 23:26
Originally posted by msdong
no - i remember i pay for it and it was in a box ;)

No it was inbetween beta 4 and retail (beta 6)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dunno why Im postin smilies

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ren
03-08-03, 23:29
Originally posted by Mighty Max
He didn't.

Everyone who really tested for a beta wouldnt consider calling the Retail a Beta.

Sure things change, but players and the world too. Its the Retail life of every mmorpg

once again mighty i totally agree with you.

bloody noobs!

KramerTheWeird
03-08-03, 23:34
MMO's are always evolving. Unlike some console game, the finished product you can never come back to from when it first came out, then from when it was a year later/

VirtualReGen
04-08-03, 00:33
Originally posted by Vampire222
look all... smoke some grass... take it ez, look at nc when it retailed, and look at it now... they are making good progress... let em continue... cdv suxx not their devs
^^ what he said

IceStorm
04-08-03, 00:37
have seen People running 2 K_14 and logging of at the Enterance???
If you're trying to bulk build Psi PA 3 and 4, the easiest way to do it is have one person get packages while the other shuttles back and forth to a nearby GR. It would make sense to log off there if that's what one was doing for an extended period of time.

Thanks to a chance encounter with a Tank, that's about what I did. I managed to get myself back to my apt before falling asleep, though. :-)

Ren
04-08-03, 00:58
dudes... i just heard 2 GM's speaking in #cronhelp ... DOY must be out soon... it must!

{moonunit[ISW]} its amazing how kk compressed 200mb of data into a 5mb file
{Penzius[ISS]} Patchnotes 188: Fixed minor Citycom bug. Size: 250.034 MB

ITS TRUE!

plus its now my sig!

YOINK!

tekno_tot
04-08-03, 01:04
DoY eats poop.

Peeping Tom
04-08-03, 01:07
Originally posted by Ren
dudes... i just heard 2 GM's speaking in #cronhelp ... DOY must be out soon... it must!

{moonunit[ISW]} its amazing how kk compressed 200mb of data into a 5mb file
{Penzius[ISS]} Patchnotes 188: Fixed minor Citycom bug. Size: 250.034 MB

ITS TRUE!

plus its now my sig!

YOINK!
DID THEY USE WINRAR OR WINACE ???? OR DID THEU GO LIEK TEH PRO'S AND DID WINRARE THEN ACED IT ????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
K4F

athon
04-08-03, 01:10
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
DID THEY USE WINRAR OR WINACE ???? OR DID THEU GO LIEK TEH PRO'S AND DID WINRARE THEN ACED IT ????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
K4F Tar BZIP2 if the REAL pro's choice :D

Athon Solo

Ascension
04-08-03, 02:31
200 MB is gotta be SUMFIN BIG :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe it is who knowso_O

Hippieman
04-08-03, 03:55
I think they suckered you in for another conspicary theory.

Ryuben
04-08-03, 04:46
lol :rolleyes: noobs be happy with what u got and stop looking for thinks that mght be or not be :) just be happy in the now

Spoon
04-08-03, 07:20
Originally posted by Rade
Uhm, didnt they post some teasers a while back?

mmmmm, yeah, just those generic Apartment screenies, nothing new since then....

ex-machina
04-08-03, 08:15
mmmmm, yeah, just those generic Apartment screenies, nothing new since then....

umm... Holger interview... loads of world shots released...

umm... NeMa 2... loads of world shots in that too...

O_O

Ascension
04-08-03, 14:36
From Official Screen shots page
So get ready for Dome of York, coming to you around the end of April 2003

Lol, maybe they should update this:p

Spoon
04-08-03, 17:51
Originally posted by ex-machina
umm... Holger interview... loads of world shots released...

umm... NeMa 2... loads of world shots in that too...

O_O

There's only 3 new SS in the Holger interview, isn't there?
And 4 new SS in Nema 2, unless I missed some(there were a couple more with a monk in the new PA in a church, a place I've never seen before and one with a DoY bot in it, inside a building, it didn't say that it was in DoY, tho).....

All the screenies I've seen look like they were taken off the modeling computer, not taken in an active zone with mobs, venders or NPC's in them.

hinch
04-08-03, 17:54
a few of us are placing bets on 4th sept since its the anniversary of nc going retail

ex-machina
04-08-03, 18:17
There's only 3 new SS in the Holger interview, isn't there?
And 4 new SS in Nema 2, unless I missed some(there were a couple more with a monk in the new PA in a church, a place I've never seen before and one with a DoY bot in it, inside a building, it didn't say that it was in DoY, tho).....

All the screenies I've seen look like they were taken off the modeling computer, not taken in an active zone with mobs, venders or NPC's in them.

So they don't qualify as screenshots? umm... whatever...

-[dw]-Nightwing
04-08-03, 19:59
remember in about 3 weeks is europeans greatest Game-Expo in Leipzig Germany. My tip is still the 23 - 25 th August say what ya want about it. I will be there and if I see something interesting about Neocron I will report to u guys.

Ryuben
04-08-03, 20:03
cheers us english folk mis some of the more *hardcore* german threads about this game ;)

Clothing_Option
04-08-03, 20:39
Originally posted by SilentGravity
YOUR BOTH WRONG! NEVER!

I have considered the facts.... DOY Will never come...EVER! MWUAHAHAHAHA...

Anyways after talks with officials who I can't say, they said MJS is really taking the new publishing thing for real and he is trying to do this, now finding a new publisher takes along time.

Getting the publisher to sign the contract, takes even longer. By that time something will happen and they will accidentally place the DOY source-code on the uranus server and it will be deleted along with everyone on it :rolleyes:

Any backups would be on the coster- err, I mean Dev Server...

No i think they will release DOY as soon as they can
simply cause they need content for capped runners and to change the dynamic of the game
I think DOY will be good for the game

Ascension
05-08-03, 00:19
No i think they will release DOY as soon as they can

I AGREE COS THIS MEANS £££££££££££:p

SovKhan
05-08-03, 00:41
if you go to the K_14 enterence on pluto at least, it says now entering DOY_Sector 07. i found that interesting....

MrAnderson
05-08-03, 00:51
how do u lot know that Doy isnt already there and they just cant find the damn keys for the gate????

there have been lots and lots of patches has there not?

Ascension
05-08-03, 23:51
Originally posted by SovKhan
if you go to the K_14 enterence on pluto at least, it says now entering DOY_Sector 07. i found that interesting....

Yeah i noticed tht and as far as i know its a new thing?:p

Shujin
06-08-03, 00:14
the onlything holdin back DoY is this

*sex0r*

yes, that was what was holding it back, now it may commence

Lord Cypher
06-08-03, 00:36
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Thanatos (Or was it Odin? o_O) has said, several times in fact, that the main thing holding them back is the lack of a new Publisher.

They don't want a repeat of what happened the first time round so they're pulling out all the stops this time.

-Ragnarok

So we'll see DoY in what, a few months? Hell lets go for the record, April 2004 (One year AFTER it was supossed to be released).

Anyone else but me notice how Reakktor totally lies about dates/deadlines/releases?

joran420
06-08-03, 00:40
ummm I dont think they flat out lie(its more jsut bad estimation) and it doesnt only happen in neocron it is in almost all MMORPG's .

I think there is an unwritten rule with MMORPGs expect the update within 6-7 months of when its spossed to be

ncadict
06-08-03, 00:51
It would be nice to get an offical word u know just someone to say whats goign on

Clothing_Option
06-08-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Ascention
Yeah i noticed tht and as far as i know its a new thing?:p

A teaser?o_O

Ascension
07-08-03, 22:59
maybe, guess will never know:confused:

All I know is tht Gm's are gradually introducing lil niggles of the story on the way 2 DoY;)

Ka0s^
07-08-03, 23:59
i was under the impresion that DoY was gonna be chargable, like buying an expansion pack? I cant see them jus patching it like normal.

:wtf:

Det0x
08-08-03, 00:01
they have said it will be free to those who have the game already

Dribble Joy
08-08-03, 00:06
Originally posted by SovKhan

Meh that has said that since the gates were put in, it's not recent.
Just code in preparation for when (if) DoY is released.

Ryuben
08-08-03, 00:14
*s******************s* hehe DoY will never come out

remember how the Monk PA was meant to be out in 2-3 days and how long did that take to come out

now think of the difference in size........

:rolleyes:

[edit] im missing a 1 of the front of my post count.