PDA

View Full Version : Monk Power Armour

darkvision4859
03-08-03, 12:38
I am just wondering what is going on with the guys who you need to talk to in C_06 for monk PA on Saturn??

I have been there 4 times over quite a long period today And there is still no one there.

What the hell is going on KK?????? I think it is getting Ridiculous now, this is really Unprofessional KK.. I have had my name on the help system all day and it is yet to move up.

Is there even anypoint in lodging something on that stupid helpdesk??? Don't seem like it.

And also one of my complaints about this is why the hell do monks have to go through this stupid mini bloody mission per-say????

I mean if I'm a tank I just goto MB and buy the stupid PA, But for monks noooooo it has to be a bloody adventure... And it's gone wrong, cause the stupid people who ya supposed to talk to aren't even there.

When is something gonna be done about this?

CarniFlex
03-08-03, 12:59
the mission for the monk pa is good. Should be a similar cm mission for the tank pa also. Bout the delay on stuff @ saturn, its all because the situation with the shitty atmosphere on saturn. And the cue number on helpticket system has been bugged as long as i can remember.

ericdraven
03-08-03, 13:01
It has nothing to do with the situation on Saturn.

On Uranus this NPC is gone since two days as well.

msdong
03-08-03, 13:04
Originally posted by darkvision4859
And also one of my complaints about this is why the hell do monks have to go through this stupid mini bloody mission per-say????

I mean if I'm a tank I just goto MB and buy the stupid PA, But for monks noooooo it has to be a bloody adventure... And it's gone wrong, cause the stupid people who ya supposed to talk to aren't even there....

point one: you have to do that stupid mission because this is a MMORPG after all. if we wont have the mission u wont be able to "TEST" a PA _prototype_.

point two: tank PA was in on retail start. its a common technology since the York wars if u look on the story.
and YES. the guy giving away PA is gone. Opposing forces have won and stop the freakin' monks to get another uber weapon.

Archeus
03-08-03, 13:16
The only thing I have learnt about the PSI PA is that it shows you...

- Who the hybrids are
- Who the poor people are.

(I am the latter, still wearing my tatty robe :D)

Yalson
03-08-03, 14:07
Originally posted by CarniFlex
the mission for the monk pa is good...

The mision might be "good" if you could actually complete it!!!

IceStorm
04-08-03, 08:26
Monk PA walkthrough from my experiences on Pluto:

Prerequesites: Need 30 sympathy in Crahn or 50 in an Allied faction (see Callash's original thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70295))

Step 1: Talk to the NPC stationed at the Crahn Church in Pepper Park 3.

Choose the top answer until you get to the final section where he asks what kind of PA you want. At the conclusion of this dialog you'll be given a 5.3 unit weight package with plans for the armor you've selected.

You can carry as many of these as you want, however they are NOT LABELED, so keep track of them by hand.

Step 2: Recipies

All armors require a Law Enforcer implant. Because an LE is TL0, any runner can research it, repair it, construct it, and implant it, even with 0 skill in the appropriate subskill. All it takes are the tools. If you happen to have a TL30 research and construction tool around, you're good to go.

In addition:

Level 1 Psi PA requires

x-13 Tank PA from Military Base
Crahn Shelter vest
Crahn Heal for PPU for PPU
Crahn Energy Bolt for APU for APU

Level 2 Psi PA requires

x-13a Tank PA from Military Base
Crahn Holy Shelter vest
Crahn Heal Group for PPU
Crahn Holy Energy Bolt for APU
20 chitin from The Sewer King. He's in Plaza 4, over top the sewer entrance. Bow a lot and he'll give you 20 chitin for 500 NC

Level 3 Psi PA requires

X-256 Tank PA from Military Base
Crahn Spirit Vest
Crahn Blessed Heal for PPU
Crahn Multi Energy Bolt for APU
20 chitin from The Sewer King. He's in Plaza 4, over top the sewer entrance. Bow a lot and he'll give you 20 chitin for 500 NC

DoY Techparts from an NPC stationed at the entrance to Dome of York in K_14. You must bring the plans for a level 3 or 4 Psi Armor with you for the NPC to give you the DoY techparts. The best bet is to GR to Escador Oasis. There are no longer any DoY bots in K_15, so it's safe. Go as far North as you can in K_15, then go West. You should be able to skirt DoY bots in K_14. Each Techpart package weighs 5.3 units.

Level 4 Psi PA requires:

X-256a Tank PA from Military Base
Crahn Holy Spirit Vest
Crahn Blessed Heal Group for PPU
Crahn Holy Multi Energy Bolt for APU

DoY Techparts from an NPC stationed at the entrance to Dome of York in K_14. You must bring the plans for a level 3 or 4 Psi Armor with you for the NPC to give you the DoY techparts. The best bet is to GR to Escador Oasis. There are no longer any DoY bots in K_15, so it's safe. Go as far North as you can in K_15, then go West. You should be able to skirt DoY bots in K_14. Each Techpart package weighs 5.3 units.

10 Defunct Copbot Ethics Chips from an NPC stationed inside Gaya Mine 1, sector F_13. You must bring the plans for a level 4 Psi Armor with you for the NPC to give you the 10 chips. The NPC is inside the mine. Go down the ladder on the right side as you look at the broken elevator. He's on the first platform. Plan on doing a /set reset_position 1 to return topside if you can't jump from ladder to broken elevator. Each chip weighs 0.4 units, or 4 units per 10 chips

NOTE: You many obtain as many DoY packages or x10 chip piles as you want from each NPC. The plans you bring with you are returned to you after you receive a set of parts. I personally obtained around 70 DoY techpart packages in one run with a Tank's help, and 80 ethics chips in the run to Gaya tonight.

Step 3: Obtaining the armor

The NPC that builds the armor is in C_06, at the Crahn Church near Tawkeen Village. There is a GoGuardian right next to the NPC, so it's not necessary to drag everything with you from the GRs. The closest non-OP GR is Point Red in B_07.

Place all required items into your inventory, including the plans. Talk to the NPC. He will recognize the type of armor you want built and ask if you want Aggressive or Passive (determined by spell type). He'll then take all the items required from your inventory and give you back a Psi PA. The NPC will not steal your items if you cancel the armor creation script halfway through, like hitting ESC at the APU/PPU selection branch.

One other thing: the NPCs don't record your progress. You can, for instance, stock up on ten level 3 plan kits, then go to K_14 with only one kit and get 20 DoY Techpart kits, then go to Gaya with a Level 4 plan kit and get 100 Ethics chips. There's no linkage between number of times you talk to the PP3 NPC and various other NPCs in the mission.

That's all there is to it. To date I've made three APU and two PPU of each level of PA.