PDA

View Full Version : New higher level soul clusters

Vamil
03-08-03, 09:02
I understand that a ppu can't "attack" anyone but our pets are like drunken children. I would like to see soul clusters being able to be cast at a person and it should attack them. Its not that hard to comprehend i wouldnt think but ... what about a new higher level one that actually does something besides annoy someone as there trying to kill you. I see the damage done to mobs even but it don't register half the time.

For instance i went to aggy cellars to try out the *** 93/93 one on some lower mobs, the SC was shooting it boosted for 200+ damage. But almost nothing was coming off the aggy.

Maybe if they ever fix the SC's i'd like to see a 120/120 *** SC.

Just seeing other ppu's opinions is all, i know i get aggrivated when I can't defend myself but with a tl 3 pistol

Lanigav
03-08-03, 12:48
Well, that's kind of stange. Boosted, my Soul Cluster was doing damage to Aggies in the lower 300s. Did you get yours constructed, or is it just store bought?

A rare 120/120 Soul Cluster would totally rule. Of course, I'd much rather see the AI for them vastly improved first.

msdong
03-08-03, 13:24
if there would be a higher SC it should be rare - with REAL HIGH PPU SKILLS.
SC are not for attackin stuff but to attract the enemy fire.

But this make only sense if they someday fix the SC team bug. i hate to tezz ppl without the help of SC covering my ass. but if i spawn one i can bet my SL is goin down to minus 11....

superfresh
03-08-03, 13:30
Stevie Wonder would be a more formidable combat companion than a Soul Cluster.

Ryuben
03-08-03, 13:35
sure............pfffff

cast it once then cast it again with the mob in the target dot ;) thats meant to target that mob

hth

Archeus
03-08-03, 13:39
Originally posted by Ryuben
sure............pfffff

cast it once then cast it again with the mob in the target dot ;) thats meant to target that mob

hth

Yep and carry a lower level SC spell so you can command it faster.

Just wish there were commands for "Hold" and "Dismiss".

JiNxY
03-08-03, 13:57
i personally would NOT like to see PPU's gain a greater attacking force... this is the problem with PPU's at the mo, they CAN do dmg, which is not the point of PPU, your meant to be peacefull.

if we get better SC's then we can be invincible AND kill, this will never happen IMO, unless SC's cannot be targetted on runners.

DrNarf
03-08-03, 14:04
I don't think we really need a high lvl soulcluster atm, just a way to give them basic commands, like telling them what to attack etc. now that hybrids are well and truly nerfed, forever it seems, give exp for healing/buffing etc. then ppus will have a way to lvl and won't have to do damage.

JiNxY
03-08-03, 14:12
you do get xp for healing or at least i do anyway....

but lvling as a PPU sucks..
we need "Heal 50 runners" missions that give insane xp :)

Cypher_Psy
03-08-03, 14:26
Maybe not a 120/120 SC...(so you can see insane damage numbers floating off but really doing nothing)

How about a more varied selection of pets?
Like ground based ones, that (hopefully) wont run up the nearest tree...
A ghostly cyberdog?
PSI rats?

Maybe the ability to "possess" a mob for a while / Transform INTO the shape of a mob? :D :D

Just ideas ;)

Lord Mansion
03-08-03, 14:43
Originally posted by Ryuben
sure............pfffff

hth

That is not the problem.
But the SC hitting a mob 10 times and only 2 shots register is.

Sleawer
03-08-03, 14:49
ppu's getting 120/120*** SC, more efficient, clever and always around the caster, faster to move around the ppu at his run speed....

hell YES, but...

passive, it only atack mobs if you cast it in them, and hangs around you casted in no one. If someone attacks you, then the SoulCluster chase the agressor and defend yourself.

This is the way in my opinion.

Omnituens
03-08-03, 19:46
i've been saying that there should be a rare creature focus for ages;

THE APPARITION! RaH!

Sir ramic hobbs
03-08-03, 20:36
I Once solo'ed a doomreaper once with my 93/93 SC I think the problem is damage registering with runners than mobs when my mate casted his it was shooting me and my health was just sprouting back up but when i used mine on the doomie all the damage seemed to work but PPU levelling is well and truly fucked now that the caves are out of business due to shit patxh not letting us Gr to CRP (Thats right your patch stinks)

Kendo Averly
03-08-03, 22:45
I'd like it if they didn't waste half their shots skitting across the floor and flew into the air like they should

Maarten
03-08-03, 22:53
I agree...

Soul Clusters are fun, they should be made smarter and all hits should register. Well most of the time they do register. Only not when the SC is shooting on the client. Only on the server.

A rare Soul Cluster should be added, but the damage done against runners should be decreased I think...

Can you imagine an army of 120/120 Soul Clusters at an OP fight... :p

Archeus
03-08-03, 23:25
I think the super rare SC should para and damage boost and say things like "Nerf me will you sob!" :lol:

greendonkeyuk
04-08-03, 10:56
yep rare soul cluster should own!

id name mine doc. you can be my bitch doc! 8|

CkVega
04-08-03, 11:03
lol, the 93/93 Spul cluster is utterly useless! They shoot me, I lose health, then my health pops right back to full again every shot. The lower level ones are more deadly to me :eek: