PDA

View Full Version : The french server have the new coolest features? This is UNFAIR..stop it..please

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 02:43
Lulusing reported this:

"
As a heads up to everybody, the french server ( venus) is currently under DoY invasion. They have worked out a system so that the sides that control the ops actually affects special mob spawn in the area ( DOY aligned = doy mobs spawning everywhere . City aligned = guard, copbots & others spawning).

Targetting KEY ops cuts reinforcements from perticular factions ( EX: if avenger is DOY controlled, then the mercs reinforcements don't go thru. If the jeriko-crest area is DOY controlled, then some city factions can't send in reinforcements to the front)

There's a post about it on the main french boards.All in all, pretty exciting, GREAT stuff. Personally i think it's pretty cool. But it's not happening on any other servers.
"

Lets pressure KK to do this on all servers. Does the french pay more, since they got a better game!!?! We all paid for these features to be developed, please give them to us. They sound so incredible cool.

Xian
03-08-03, 02:50
As far as I know the French server is controlled by a different company, or something along those lines. All their GMs are appointed by them, at least. They could have set up a seperate server program to spawn the guards/mobs in the correct places, which is their own decision and not KK's.

However, I could be terribly wrong.

Helen Angilley
03-08-03, 02:50
The French server is run by a different company. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm quite glad that the English speaking community haven't got something like this, someone, somewhere would find a way to put a damper on it (And, of course, dozens more people would start jumping on the "slag off KK" bandwagon...eh).

{MD}GeistDamnit
03-08-03, 02:51
venus is privately owned so gm events are better. that is not kk's fault or design.

Psychoninja
03-08-03, 02:51
I personaly wouldn't like it, it's too much of an advantage for OP holders, and like we all said about ninja hackers, OPs don't defend themselves, in this case, they pretty much would. These features would be great if we had a much larger player base but since we don't, it's just over kill when you're taking an OP.

Xian
03-08-03, 02:53
Personally I think it would be stupid taking out DoY mobs/guards and Copbots/city guards at an OP you're trying to attack, so I don't see what's so 'great' about this.

Ragnarok
03-08-03, 02:56
The French server is owned by Alchemic Dreams, a company totally seperate from Reakktor.

They're a private company, therefore anything they do has no relation _whatsoever_ to what Reakktor can, or cannot, do.

The Psi Monk Power Armour is a prime example of this.

-Ragnarok

{MD}GeistDamnit
03-08-03, 03:00
Originally posted by Ragnarok
The French server is owned by Alchemic Dreams, a company totally seperate from Reakktor.

They're a private company, therefore anything they do has no relation _whatsoever_ to what Reakktor can, or cannot, do.

-Ragnarok

What do you mean about the monk pa ? sry I been away rok ;)

Nikolaidis
Well if u think GM control how mobs are spawned you are for sure wrong. This is a feature that has been programmet into the game, which only Venus uses.

And it is very very hard to believe that the french company just got KK soucre code, read it and understood it, changed the parts that was needed for the new features, and haned that code back to KK who then merged it into thier code-base and voila, the french had a cooler game...nope

U can be SURE that KK made this feature, but maybe its a special feature the french company paid for....unlikely.

To me (being a MMOSG developer myself) it stands clear that this is very deliberate done because KK dont think it would be welcommed, if it was added to the other servers. Or some similar reason.

> They're a private company, therefore anything they do
> has no relation _whatsoever_ to what
> Reakktor can, or cannot, do.

hmm, so tell me do they program these new features themselves?
Do they hire KK to do them?

Therefore decide if you like the feature or not, and go vote for it. And dont speak more of GMs, that has no relevance in this matter.

OpTi
what they've done is basicaly started the war early, and there are large op fight daily now, the faction councilers are much more involved and give clans objectives they would like them to complete. I have recently joined a crahn clan in a effort to discover who/why and how 3 sets of power cloaks found there way into the hands of i believe some AB and were then sold to the highest biders, aprox 3mil each. I'm also trying to do my best to get these cloaks released ONLY to the crahn sect as i feel we cannot afford to have another breech like this.

i will admit that the mobs that are spawning are a little excesive atm, i mean ALOT to CA and CM guards were spawning at blackhill the other day

Xian
03-08-03, 03:01
Don't worry about the CM guards, they're all blind.

Ragnarok
03-08-03, 03:03
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
What do you mean about the monk pa ? sry I been away rok ;)

There are only five sets of Monk Power Armour on Venus.

They went to the highest bidders (In-game currency of course).

-Ragnarok

Psychoninja
03-08-03, 03:04

-Ragnarok

Hey Rag, a few questions about how this works.
-Do they get to do whatever they want with the game?
-Will they have DoY also
-Does the storyline follow all the other servers?
-Does KK have any control over the French server?

nonamebrandeggs
03-08-03, 03:06
Does this mean that Alchemic Dream can program whatever they want into the game? And ruin KK's wonderful creation?

Ragnarok
03-08-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Hey Rag, a few questions about how this works.
-Do they get to do whatever they want with the game?
-Will they have DoY also
-Does the storyline follow all the other servers?
-Does KK have any control over the French server?

Although I'm not too sure on the specifics, I think the _only_ control KK has over the server is use of the Neocron engine (That is, to say, AD can't go making any changes without consulting KK first).

It's a different company, different GMs (Fully paid GMs might I add) and so on...so yes, yes there will be a different storyline. Not too sure about DOY though, I assume AD will have to "pay" Reakktor for expansion pack rights. Don't quote me on that though.

Other than that, I know very little (Or, at least, I'm only telling you things that I'm allowed to say without being beaten into a bloody pulp :p).

-Ragnarok

{MD}GeistDamnit
03-08-03, 03:11
Originally posted by Nikolaidis
Well if u think GM control how mobs are spawned you are for sure wrong. This is a feature that has been programmet into the game, which only Venus uses.

And it is very very hard to believe that the french company just got KK soucre code, read it and understood it, changed the parts that was needed for the new features, and haned that code back to KK who then merged it into thier code-base and voila, the french had a cooler game...nope

U can be SURE that KK made this feature, but maybe its a special feature the french company paid for....unlikely.

To me (being a MMOSG developer myself) it stands clear that this is very deliberate done because KK dont think it would be welcommed, if it was added to the other servers. Or some similar reason.

> They're a private company, therefore anything they do
> has no relation _whatsoever_ to what
> Reakktor can, or cannot, do.

hmm, so tell me do they program these new features themselves?
Do they hire KK to do them?

Therefore decide if you like the feature or not, and go vote for it. And dont speak more of GMs, that has no relevance in this matter.

I dunno man, you don't for sure either.It is a possibility that they make use of game commands and flags.It is not "definitive" that it is hard coded.Or rather they might have been given the source and modified it, but I think that is unlikely because you don't need any extra patches to get into their server.

and @ ragnarok thanks for the info :) ( could have said welcome back too :p )

Satange
03-08-03, 03:11

To make it clear before rumor spreads, you're wrong.
Mobs are spawned by GM from Alchemic Dream.
We don't use an external program or a patch created by us or Reakktor, it's just a strong GM presence linked to the player's actions.

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 03:12
Although I'm not too sure on the specifics, I think the _only_ control KK has over the server is use of the Neocron engine.

Other than that, I know very little...

-Ragnarok

Would you then be so kind as to ask someone who know? Maybe you are allowed to talk about it. I dont think this issue can rest in our minds before we know better answers to the questions asked in this thread.

nonamebrandeggs
I wish AD hosted a English Server :(.

Ragnarok
Would you then be so kind as to ask someone who know? Maybe you are allowed to talk about it. I dont think this issue can rest in our minds before we know better answers to the questions asked in this thread.

*Points up*

Ask him. :p

-Ragnarok

{MD}GeistDamnit
03-08-03, 03:13
Originally posted by Satange
We don't use an external program or a patch created by us or Reakktor, it's just a strong GM presence linked to the player's actions.

Ha Ha I was right :D

Psychoninja
03-08-03, 03:20

Hehe, while you're visiting the English forums.
Will your storyline be any different from all the other server's?
If so, what?

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 03:21

Wow I am impressed. With the french guys that is..

1) This could BECOME a coded feature(mob spawn dependable on OP ownship), please now consider the poll to be a poll for that. KK please do something to give similar coolness, to our servers, since many of us do not speak french very well, and this feature for me sound more cool than DoY. :)

2) Is french hard to learn? Can't be harder that Eiffel, Java or VDM..

3) I wish I didnt know about Venus...makes me sad that NC cant be like that for me. :_(

please please do something to make this happen in our worlds.

please

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 03:28
169 has viewed this thread and 6 has voted...COME ON. wake up.

Make a choice press a button thats it...damn.

Does nobody care...please

If you have read this far PLEASE remember that there is a poll at the top...

please vote.....KK will likely take passivity as answer # 3..

Psychoninja
03-08-03, 03:29

please please do something to make this happen in our worlds.

please

Erm....please don't?

I'm impressed by it, but I like being able to walk 2 sectors without dying.

OpTi
03-08-03, 03:35
If so, what?

AFAIK they are following the NC story, but they have made a sorta side story that goes on in the background, i've only heard skecthy details myself as i've only just got invloved and been to my first meeting with the crahn sect faction counciler with the rest of my clan. But from what a gathered (a very kind member of the clan teamed me and a friend and translated for us) there is some other very strange stuff going on behind the scenes on venus, and our faction counciler has given us some obectives, some of which are pretty easy and some of which will require us to use 3rd parties (Who have objectives of thier own i might add) to get what we've been ordered to do. Unfortunatly we are the only really active crahn clan so we have to do all the work instead to 2 maybe 3 clans sharing.

At the end of the day i'm really enjoying myself on venus, Kudos to AD

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 03:41
Erm....please don't?

I'm impressed by it, but I like being able to walk 2 sectors without dying.

The continent is too static as it is now. Static will after many weeks of play turn into boring. The more dynamic the world is, the more changing, the less people will be bored and eventually leave the game.

The only dynamic right now is when a new patch arrives or the all too seldom event.

Most mobs in this game dont even move after they have spawned, unless triggered by runners. They dont patrol, they dont rest, dont sleep, never tries to sneak in on you, all of them can be outrun, even though many of them have bodies clearly suggesting they would be able to run 5 times your speed(e.g. like the wolf), none of them is scared by runners and the list of non-dynamics in this game goes on and on.

Psychoninja
03-08-03, 03:46
Hey, you can make the engine for NC2 :rolleyes:

Ah shit I died again in the cave.....

Anyways, so not being able to leave the city is fun?
The world is supposed to be a wasteland, mutations, radiation. Not a upbeat, world full of life.

Q`alooaith
03-08-03, 03:46
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
I wish AD hosted a English Server :(.

*picks up book "learn french in 30 days"*

It's nice to see what other people do with the creations.. I think it'd be cool if KK didn't run any of their own servers, let others deal with the customers, deal with the content themselves, and let other companys deal with the screaming...

Xian
03-08-03, 03:48
The continent is too static as it is now. Static will after many weeks of play turn into boring. The more dynamic the world is, the more changing, the less people will be bored and eventually leave the game.

The only dynamic right now is when a new patch arrives or the all too seldom event.

Most mobs in this game dont even move after they have spawned, unless triggered by runners. They dont patrol, they dont rest, dont sleep, never tries to sneak in on you, all of them can be outrun, even though many of them have bodies clearly suggesting they would be able to run 5 times your speed(e.g. like the wolf), none of them is scared by runners and the list of non-dynamics in this game goes on and on.

I'm betting that just as many people would leave if DoY/City mobs/guards were in most zones on the map (where there are GRs) as if the world was really 'static'.

About the AI, I doubt people would appreciate a WB sneaking up on them, it's hard enough to tell whether they're going to blow your head off when the animation is bugged.

lullysing
03-08-03, 03:51
I'm actually very surprised by the turn this is taking. Seriously, i just wanted to show that the french server had a cool thing going on, and all of the sudden KK is (almost) reponsible for the fall of civilisation because other people can do better event than they can ( Alchemic Dream ).

Oooohhhh well. Desole Satange, j' espere que je vais pas trop vous causer trop de problemes a toi et a la bande de Ad. Continuez a faire vos trucs, et dites a l'anarchiste que je veux toujours faire le super plan boursier qu' on avait parle.

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 03:56
Originally posted by Xian
I'm betting that just as many people would leave if DoY/City mobs/guards were in most zones on the map (where there are GRs) as if the world was really 'static'.

So, the french are some kind of masochist or what? Damn, hey maybe they just love to die. Wow, thats maybe why they have the foreign legion; cause the soldiers of the regular army would just throw themselves in front of enemy gunfire..hehe

hmmm...does me wanting the Venus style make me a french kinda guy? Damn, have to start drinking redwine and stuff. :(

Ok, I was just joking. Dont spam me please.

Does anybody know what the french guys think of this "mob feature"?
If they think it is great(I hope) why could it not be great for us?

> Seriously, i just wanted to show that the french
> server had a cool thing going on ...

Maybe I am just envious. Damn I wish I spoke french, I would play Venus instead. Or that Alchemic Dream would start up an international server in the same way as Venus.

BTW. I dont give KK the blame, I am just trying to "suggest" to them that we would like something similar..

Trip
03-08-03, 04:01
my 2 cents on this is that its healthy competition. Germany vs France :) we all know how that ended the last time :) americans to the resuce :D

Nikolaidis
03-08-03, 04:04
Originally posted by Trip
my 2 cents on this is that its healthy competition. Germany vs France :) we all know how that ended the last time :) americans to the resuce :D

lol, and the british, canadians, Belgians... etc.

lullysing
03-08-03, 04:14
Yeah, don't you yankees ever forget that WW2 was not an american war until very late in the game. In fact, most people were against the war... dismissing it as... an europeean thing.

I'm just grateful both my grandfathers were not sent to Dieppe, the first ( failed ) invasion of axis territory.One was flat footed, so they sent him to work on the farms to the west. Myt other grandfather was a machinist. Those were apparently more needed than soldiers because they were the ones that could manipulate the machines that made the guns for the grunts.

But then again, i lost myself again.

SilentGravity
03-08-03, 04:24
*Packs his bags and moves to Venus*

Là où est la salle de bains

greendonkeyuk
03-08-03, 05:14
Originally posted by SilentGravity
*Packs his bags and moves to Venus*

Là où est la salle de bains

where is the bathroom?? o_O

lullysing
03-08-03, 05:26
Il n' y a pas de salle de bains. Ceci n'est qu'une illusion.

SilentGravity
03-08-03, 06:08
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
where is the bathroom?? o_O

Long long ago, my father once said to me, when going to a different country learn these two phrases...

Where is the bathroom and

Deux bières satisfont :p

He also told me there are only two future times, "soon" and "very soon", god bless his teachings...

lullysing
03-08-03, 06:12
That's "Deux bierres, s'il vous plait" ( 2 beers please )

me = fully french/english bilingual.

nonamebrandeggs
03-08-03, 06:25
J'ai grand penis

PivWan
03-08-03, 14:52

As a french player on Venus, I can tell you it's a very interesting feature. It introduces a nice strategic part in the game.
As said before, we have to control neocron-to-north road to get guards. So OPs along this road have a major importance.

For example, a couple days ago, I went to Blackhill with 10 ppl to get this OP. When we arrived we discovered a Rhino & about 20 ppl defending main entrance... You imagine what happened after...

And, to finish, event it's mobs, it's always a pleasure to fight for an OP against 30+ DoY Troopers/NE units and others...

Lien
03-08-03, 15:50
As it has already been said: You're welcome to Venus.
It wasn't the case some months ago because of some english people who came only to bring boring and troubles to french people.
If you're looking for fun and discussions with people players, come on guys :)

I think it's interesting to meet people of foreign countries. In my mind, this type of game must only be a support for people to talk each other.

So, come on guys.
And sorry for my english. Only few frenches are quiet good in English

Black Dragons are cool, Black Dragons are cool, Black Dragons are cool :D

Ralendil
03-08-03, 15:56
I play on Venus... I was playing most OP wars until this "great" addition...

And now I don't find any pleasure to fight in OP wars....

Cause you find Gards everywhere... cause you fight against gards more times... cause with the last patch it is long to walk to the war zone...

If you could try maybe you would have different opinion...

I have loved the beginning of the event (one op under DoY invasion) but I dislike the fact it is now the normal way to make op war ! :mad:

So yes... it's unfair :D
Delete this from VENUS plz !!!!! :D

(Venus has good animations, but I won't say all is wonderful when i found something bad... srry... )

OpTi
03-08-03, 16:10
Originally posted by Lien
It wasn't the case some months ago because of some english people who came only to bring boring and troubles to french people.
If you're looking for fun and discussions with people players, come on guys :)

I think it's interesting to meet people of foreign countries. In my mind, this type of game must only be a support for people to talk each other.

So, come on guys.
And sorry for my english. Only few frenches are quiet good in English

Black Dragons are cool, Black Dragons are cool, Black Dragons are cool :D

i think you will find it was english and germans. Not ALL english are assholes, just most of em :rolleyes: (I'm english myself :D)

and my experience with french peoples english is they are pretty good at the language, including yours. infact you probably type english better than i do o_O

Edit:

Originally posted by Ralendil
I play on Venus... I was playing most OP wars until this "great" addition...

And now I don't find any pleasure to fight in OP wars....

Cause you find Gards everywhere... cause you fight against gards more times... cause with the last patch it is long to walk to the war zone...

If you could try maybe you would have different opinion...

I have loved the beginning of the event (one op under DoY invasion) but I dislike the fact it is now the normal way to make op war ! :mad:

So yes... it's unfair :D
Delete this from VENUS plz !!!!! :D

(Venus has good animations, but I won't say all is wonderful when i found something bad... srry... )

i'll agree there are FAR too many gurads being spawned at the ops, there was about 15 of us attacking an op the other day and there were like 30 CA guards in one area, them more round the corner and yet more by the GR... oh and wait look there's MORE scattered around on the hills 8| o_O

Beowulf
03-08-03, 16:23
So, the french are some kind of masochist or what? Damn, hey maybe they just love to die. [quote]

oh, yeah ... i love it.I especialy love beeing killed by dragonflies

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nikolaidis

hmmm...does me wanting the Venus style make me a french kinda guy? Damn, have to start drinking redwine and stuff. :(
All the people on venus wears a beret, drinks redwine, and eat baguette. Otherwise, they don't have the right to play. Peoples from AD visits us before we can come on the server to ensure thatwe do all those stuff.

Well, it's great. All the fights are very fun ... For those people who can go there.
For me this war is very good for the business .
it also changes all the faction relationships, and that's very good.

Lareolan
03-08-03, 16:44
Originally posted by lullysing
Yeah, don't you yankees ever forget that WW2 was not an american war until very late in the game. In fact, most people were against the war... dismissing it as... an europeean thing.

I'm just grateful both my grandfathers were not sent to Dieppe, the first ( failed ) invasion of axis territory.One was flat footed, so they sent him to work on the farms to the west. Myt other grandfather was a machinist. Those were apparently more needed than soldiers because they were the ones that could manipulate the machines that made the guns for the grunts.

But then again, i lost myself again.

Why does everyone always seem to forget THE most important player in that war? The Russians? I mean I know due to the Propaganda the Americans think Russia doesn't exist and that Canada is a "little country tucked away down there" but the Brits and others should know damnit! :)

Nidhogg
03-08-03, 16:49
Stay on topic. Political/war posts will get this thread shut down real quick.

N

enablerbr
03-08-03, 16:52
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Stay on topic. Political/war posts will get this thread shut down real quick.

N

cool no more french. :D

LTA
03-08-03, 18:46
Originally posted by Lien
[/SIZE]

Early on a-lot of English/Germans got forced into this line of thought, some came with the "Own the French" intention straight away you know who you are :p .
But the french ppl weren't exactly welcoming back, the amount of times i got called... lol Roast Beef was mad, although i find this hillarious i find its what a fair few of you try to use as a insult.

But now its settled imo and is a nice place to play...

Les Enfants :p

Satange
04-08-03, 11:15
If so, what?

Like OpTi said, we follow the basic storyline but we add our own side storyline and events.
You can read information concerning these particular events on the French Neochronicle (http://www.guildes.org/neochroniques/) (maybe with babelfish;)).

Cliffraiser
04-08-03, 11:40
lol, and the british, canadians, Belgians... etc.

pfff forget the belgians, go for the Dutch its dutch man :P

Cliffraiser
04-08-03, 11:41
omg is that neocronicle weekly? if so thats an awesome job u frensh guys are doing