PDA

View Full Version : KK \ DEV's About LV 1 imps

Peeping Tom
03-08-03, 01:25
atm LV 1 impz like Zerk, moto, reflex, etc etc cant be found on mobs nor bought from store, only bought from other runners...
and umm dat could take days before you find one dat have one :\

so KK \ Dev plz make it so dat mobs like hurlers\butches\cyclops can drop lv 1 "rare" imps, or make it so you can buy them from Vendors :)
K4F

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 01:26
....If anyone comes in here and says "Rares are meant to be rare" Imma crusify them o_O

Promethius
03-08-03, 01:27
ya its lame. i was lookin for some lvl 1 imps for one of my newb chars the other day....and i realized its easier to find lvl 3 now than it is for 1's. lol i'll hit trade channel goin 800k for a zerk 1 =P

Helen Angilley
03-08-03, 01:28
Can't you make Blueprints of them?

Peeping Tom
03-08-03, 01:29
do you know how rare Relfexbooster 1 are ? i been trying to get one on uranus for several days now :\ my current offers are like 250k or a cs part, and i still dont have one :\ dats insane realy

yes you can bp them BUT its like 8 moths since they last dropped and the one dat aint dat common is a bitch to get realy
K4F

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 01:30
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Can't you make Blueprints of them?

Yes, but since they are almost never (read; probability of drop = 0.0000002%) drop, no one actually has any of them to make BPs off.
Best chance is to get a really big clan of really old skool players, and ask them to search all their cabs.
Even I've never seen some level one imps... (reflex1/dist1)

Rizzy
03-08-03, 01:33
Theres some reflex 1's knocking about on saturn, however the loot pool REALLY needs to be fixed!!

Why should low lvl players not get to play around with implant setups? Giving them lvl 1 implants from mutants or other low mobs should really be implemented

Promethius
03-08-03, 01:33
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Yes, but since they are almost never (read; probability of drop = 0.0000002%) drop, no one actually has any of them to make BPs off.
Best chance is to get a really big clan of really old skool players, and ask them to search all their cabs.
Even I've never seen some level one imps... (reflex1/dist1)

i got the distance 1 ^^. onyl one i don't have is the reflex ones.

Peeping Tom
03-08-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Rizzy
Theres some reflex 1's knocking about on saturn, however the loot pool REALLY needs to be fixed!!

Why should low lvl players not get to play around with implant setups? Giving them lvl 1 implants from mutants or other low mobs should really be implemented
its not only lv 1 imps its lv 2 imps.. only mobs dat drop those are leapers and brutes etc etc ( yeah like a noob can do those ) and its fucking rare they do drop lv 2 also.. its more common to get rares from em
K4F

btw plz rate this 5 star :)

Rade
03-08-03, 01:37
Level 1 and 2 implants really need to be dropped by mobs that you kill around the level that you can start using those implants, so that noobs actually can get and use them, and not just people who have big clans with well-filled cabs.

Rob01m
03-08-03, 01:38
Can someone please explain here or PM me on the mobs that drop implant level 1, 2 ,and 3?

Seems like launchers drop the commong store bought level 1 implants, and nothing seems to drop the rare ones.

I have no clue what drops level 2 implants.

Warbots/Warbot Titans/Decayed Brutes/Decayed Horrors/Terror Leapers/Terror Raptors/Grim Persecutors/Grim Reapers seems to all drop the very rare level 3 implants...

Can someone fill in these gaps?

KimmyG
03-08-03, 01:39
IM in full support of this motion all have rare lvl 1 imps does is make it a bitch for those fresh in the game

shalille
03-08-03, 01:40
I just spent 2 weeks looking for a smart cybereye1.

They really should just sell in the shops I think, not like its gonna unbalance the game..

Peeping Tom
03-08-03, 01:40
Originally posted by Rob01m

/Decayed Brutes/Decayed Horrors/Terror Leapers/Terror Raptors/
those "can" drop lv 2 imps but its very rare its more common tho get lv 3 or tech parts from em
K4F

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 01:44
ANYTHING with three stars, has the potential to drop lvl1/2/3imp/techpart loot.

Unless they're cave mobs that aren't queens/kings.

Rob01m
03-08-03, 01:46
ANYTHING with three stars, has the potential to drop lvl1/2/3imp/techpart loot.

Unless they're cave mobs that aren't queens/kings.

Nor DOY bots either, or faction guards, etc...

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 01:47
I get the impression DoY Bots are a form of NPC, and I also generally don't treat faction guards as mobs... :P

edit;
slight explanation...
I walk past DoY bot.
DoY bot no shoot me.
Therefore DoY bot = more than just a mob..

Like Replicants shouldn't really be shooting Ca/etc....

Progenitor
03-08-03, 01:52
Do the level 1 and 2 imps drop for the lower level chars?

I know that at my current level, I can't get imps from them - they rarely drop anything but junk.

But for the lower level chars, do they fair better?

-p

Rob01m
03-08-03, 01:56
I get the impression DoY Bots are a form of NPC, and I also generally don't treat faction guards as mobs... :P

edit;
slight explanation...
I walk past DoY bot.
DoY bot no shoot me.
Therefore DoY bot = more than just a mob..

Like Replicants shouldn't really be shooting Ca/etc....

It might be a bug that DOY bots don't shoot you, because when they were first implemented they were hostile like every other mob, the testserver was the same until a certain patch. Then the testserver had friendly DOY bots, that patch was applied to retail and the same happened on retail. The testserver CURRENTLY has hostile DOY bots again, and I assume retail will too again.

DrNarf
03-08-03, 01:57
Replicants were the CA's attemp at replicating the DoY cyborgs, but it went wrong and they started killing everything, replicants should attack everyone, so are classed as mobs IMO.

What about the anarchy breed? some may class them as 'mobs' but they dont attack TG or FA, maybe a few others.

*Anyway back on topic, yeah the lvl 1 imp drop really sucks, being more rare than lvl 3 imps is just insane.

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 02:00
Repli's were supposed to be fixed.

DoY Bots only shoot if you're outside, certain factions.

Spoon
03-08-03, 02:28
What are these level 1 and 2 implants you speak of????

Never knew they existed....:wtf:

:lol:

Breschau
03-08-03, 02:36
It used to be mutants (scout->butchee) would drop berserk and advanced nerves 1 (maybe 2 on the higher ones?). The Heavy Security bots in TH energy core would drop almost all level 1 implants (about 1 per 30-40 kills). At some point the Cyberguards and Sentinels were dropping them too. Back in the days that they dropped the weapon they're using too.

That always struck me as about right. Then stick level 2 imps on the rank 45-75 mobs (spiderbots, mad copbots, launchers, hoppers, etc) and level 3 on 75+.

I believe that the current situation must be intentional however.. because it's been this way for so long now and *really* shouldn't be that complicated to fix.

enablerbr
03-08-03, 02:42
so some of my lvl 1 and lvl 2 imps are now harder to find. cool maybe i should be a git and charge mil's for them.

nah i'm not like that. when i get back i'll make a list off imps i got.

Breschau
03-08-03, 02:44
It's at the stage now that I don't even try to find level 1/2 imps with my new chars - by the time I find someone selling it and gather up the cash they'll want for something that rare, I could have just levelled normally past the need for the imps, go straight to level 3, effectively.

evs
03-08-03, 02:47
im really strugglin with low level imps....

Progenitor
03-08-03, 02:57
Originally posted by Rob01m
Can someone please explain here or PM me on the mobs that drop implant level 1, 2 ,and 3?

Seems like launchers drop the commong store bought level 1 implants, and nothing seems to drop the rare ones.

Warbots/Warbot Titans/Decayed Brutes/Decayed Horrors/Terror Leapers/Terror Raptors/Grim Persecutors/Grim Reapers seems to all drop the very rare level 3 implants...

Can someone fill in these gaps?

Okay - I wanted to know myself, so I did a little peeking behind the sceens and came up with this (http://www32.brinkster.com/progenitor/data/NPCs.htm) It is as accurate as the files that are client side are. I have my doubts about how accurate it is - seems not all of the columns line up at the end, all of the time, but it is as close as I can get.

Where to find the a specific MOB or even if it is in the game I can't tell - at least without a lot more work that I don't feel like doing at the moment. :)

-p

ReefSmoker
03-08-03, 04:29
I've recently finished updating Gully Foyle's Implant Emporium on Pluto, every implant that can be blueprinted is in there waiting to be constructed and sold. Limited stocks at present until the bps are topped up a bit, but soon it'll be fully operational.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

EDIT : Progenitor, tab delimination, it'll line up properly then.

bd*
03-08-03, 04:33
Paid 100k for a Smart Cyber Eye 1 yesterday after getting tired of looking for it o_O

Seems a bit extravagent.

Ryuben
03-08-03, 05:01
Originally posted by bd*
Paid 100k for a Smart Cyber Eye 1 yesterday after getting tired of looking for it o_O

Seems a bit extravagent.

Seems a bit stupid :p

Ryuben
03-08-03, 05:03
Originally posted by Progenitor
Okay - I wanted to know myself, so I did a little peeking behind the sceens and came up with this (http://www32.brinkster.com/progenitor/data/NPCs.htm) It is as accurate as the files that are client side are. I have my doubts about how accurate it is - seems not all of the columns line up at the end, all of the time, but it is as close as I can get.

-p

acording to that there are like 5 mobs that drop a BioTech Filter-Heart 2 at 2% chance

omg that needs fixing for a fuking start let alone the lower end drops :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
03-08-03, 05:27
Originally posted by Ryuben
acording to that there are like 5 mobs that drop a BioTech Filter-Heart 2 at 2% chance

omg that needs fixing for a fuking start let alone the lower end drops :rolleyes: Why? There's only one class in the game that even realistically would use it :p

I don't think there's a single level 1 imp even on that list....

IceStorm
03-08-03, 05:33
If you're on Pluto and require a level 1/2 (and buildable 3's, like eyes) implant or BP of one, let me know. I have an almost-complete set of level 1/2 implants. The only ones I'm missing are the hardened backbone 1 and the level 2 droner distance and experimental mindcontrol. Other than those few, if it's buildable on the list at neocron.ems.ru, I probably have it.

My prices are fairly reasonable. If you just want a one-off BP, it's at cost (cube and substance). For the implant itself, costs vary from 200 NC to 3000 NC depending on parts used. Usually I get beween 5k and 25k for each implant I make. For example, a Berserk 1/2 set usually goes for 10k,

My in-game name on Pluto is IceStorm.

Progenitor
03-08-03, 05:41
Originally posted by ReefSmoker

EDIT : Progenitor, tab delimination, it'll line up properly then.

I just formated it out quick and dirty - maybe tomorrow if I get in a mood I will format it better

Why? There's only one class in the game that even realistically would use it :p

At least BUTCHEE's and HURLER's drop level 1's - according to the list anyway.

I did go butchee hunting quickly though and I did manage to get most of the imps on that list off of them - I didn't get them all, but I don't think a half an hour is a good sampling. I don't think I got anything that wasn't on the list but most of the stuff came from the 100%, 50%, 25% 12%, and 3% groups. I averaged either a 12 or 3% item each butchee - the others were speratic

If BIG SPIDER COCOON's were in the game, they'd be the best bet for both level 2 and 3 chips

It is interesting to look through though.

-p

Breschau
03-08-03, 09:19
Originally posted by Progenitor
At least BUTCHEE's and HURLER's drop level 1's - according to the list anyway.

The problem, and it's the same with the other mobs that drop level 1 implants, is that they only drop the level 1 implants that are already sold at Cryton's. There's no Berserk 1, for example (used to be there was, too).

But yeah, definitely interesting to look through. Seems there's no point in fighting hoverbombers, besides runner rank vs mob rank -> loot considerations, for example (they're harder than warbots and have identical loot table). I'm seeing a lot of that too - the same loot table used repeatedly for many different mobs. Be nice if things were a little more tailored to each individual mob. And all the other suggestions/arguments about the loot tables that've been brought up over the past, what, 8 months?

IceStorm
03-08-03, 10:17
I gave up on the idea of KK "fixing" the loot tables a long time ago. It's why I maintain an inventory of BPs for implants and weapons, like the Mendicant Rifle BP I finally picked up, the TL21 Street Model rifle that I really liked in Beta, and the to-die-for Distance Weapon, Experimental Ballistic, and Motoric CPUs.

Best way to combat the problem, in-game, is to not be an ass about selling BPs of low-level items. 100k for an SCE1 is a joke. :-/

IronMonkey
03-08-03, 10:45
hmmm i have gotten them on mobs....reflex 1 2 and 3. Btw ive only been playing since june.

StoneRayne
03-08-03, 12:46
Heh, if anyone has a reflex1 On uranus I'd like to get a hold of it too :p

Rade
03-08-03, 12:50
Why? There's only one class in the game that even realistically would use it :p

You are kidding right? o_O

craio
03-08-03, 13:52
Seems some variations off the doy bots are in...

"N.E. 2242 OFFENSE UNIT "[2242] - 90/90
D: " " | "SNAKE_SMALLP"
F:12 | G:1

"N.E. 2243 ASSAULT UNIT "[2243] - 90/90

"N.E. 2244 WAR UNIT "[2244] - 90/90

"N.E. 2245 SIEGE UNIT "[2245] - 90/90

"N.E. 2246 AMBUSH UNIT "[2246] - 90/90

"N.E. 2247 SNIPER UNIT"[2247] - 90/90

Anyone saw him anywhere around?O_o
"Albert Einstein"[1800] - 20/20
D: "NEWBIE" | " "
F:7 | G:0

Ryuben
03-08-03, 13:59
yeah albert gives u a mission :D

Rizzy
03-08-03, 14:09
....which is bugged...

bd*
03-08-03, 15:36
Originally posted by Ryuben
Seems a bit stupid :p

As i said to the guy afterwards, i have more money than sense :p

But at least im a lvl closer to heavy belts now :o

Elric
03-08-03, 16:42
"GIANT DESERT BEAST"[533] - 42/42
D: " " | "HORNY"
:lol:

SovKhan
05-08-03, 00:59
how bout this:

"MUTANT SOLDIER"[Id:1024] - 23/23
Ds: " " | Ss: "MUTANTB"
Female, Regant’s Mutants Faction
a:-1 | w: "bad rifle"

LootId: 252 (6) ::
(0) 80.0% [ ]
(3170) 15.0% [ "7.62mm rifle bullets" ]
(23) 4.0% [ "Trash Hand Grenade" ]
(2042) 1.0% [ "BioTech Rifle-Combateye 1" ]
(-36) 50.0% [ "AREA MC5 Hercules CPU" | "AREA MC5 Synaptic Accelerator" | "AREA MC5 Dimension Splitter" | "AREA MC5 Hawking Chip" | "AREA MC5 Riggers Dream" ]
(2042) 5.0% [ "BioTech Rifle-Combateye 1" ]

A rank 23/23 dropping MC5 rares at 50% droprate?

also going by this grim pro's have higher rare droprate of 4% compared to WB's of 3%, although the number in front of the % number might be a way to weigh dropweights from ingame factors...

RuButt
05-08-03, 01:03
they are GM spawn only, and they drop the chips - not the techs :D

SovKhan
05-08-03, 01:07
yah the mc5 rares. i didnt say tech parts. sorta figured they they were gm spawned.

Dade Murphey
05-08-03, 01:30
....If anyone comes in here and says "Rares are meant to be rare" Imma crusify them o_O

Well they ARE....:p And clean your inbox so I can PM you with a question...

And you know nancy...if you come back to pluto you don't need you silly lvl 1 imps...but yeah...I've never seen a lvl 1 of any of the good imps drop...I think lvl 1 good imps are a myth

QuantumDelta
05-08-03, 01:45
Only just got your email Dade, my best suggestion really is going with something Rade cooked up recently.
Also look at the PSI Shop very carefully.......................not just for PSI 20 spells ;)

Progenitor
05-08-03, 01:48
Originally posted by SovKhan
also going by this grim pro's have higher rare droprate of 4% compared to WB's of 3%, although the number in front of the % number might be a way to weigh dropweights from ingame factors...

As I understand it, the numers in parens before the percentages are the "item group" (negative numbers) or the item id(positive numbers - see the doy defense bots)

Every item seems to belong to one and only one item group.

When I get some time I plan on writing a small routine to just place a reference count on all of the item groups and then find the itemgroups that aren't referenced. Then find the items that are in those item groups - that would give the list of items that aren't in the loot table.

Of course this assumes that the files clientside are the same data serverside. I am not 100% convinced that they are.

-p

Disturbed021
05-08-03, 07:11
hmmmm, there was like 2 mobs that dropped level 2 imps??!! o_O
Then there was just the buyable level 1s that drop??!!
No wonder most people don't bother playing with their imps until level 3s.....this should be changed; there should be so many level 1s and 2s dropping that noone has any trouble finding them.
All level 1's should be buyable. All level 2's should drop from various mobs (levels 40ish to 70ish). All 3's should pretty much stay the same.

Peeping Tom
05-08-03, 13:33
i did pm Martin about this treadh, and he said he had forwarded it to the tech team :)
so hope they will fix this problem inn the future :)
K4F

Whitestuff
09-09-03, 19:15
Seriously, this may have been said before but.....

There is a TL 5 or 6, can't remember which, brain imp that is GOOD for Pistol users of that lvl. IT DROPS NOWHERE.. PERIOD. I have spent the better part of a month looking for one and finally gave up b/c I could use distance weap 3 by then. But still ur point is valid.

Oh!! Same thing with the first Gatlin pistol. It is just called a gatlin pistol, and it used to drop from aggies, but not anymore after the drop tables were fooled with, now you can't get them anywhere either. And same with the junk knife, but I have BPs of those, so we are still good there, at least, on Saturn.

There are more of course, but those are the two I have searched for b/c I am a pistol user :).

**EDIT** I suck at teh spelling. :p

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 19:16
white check TestServer patch notes they drop again tehre now :)
K4F

Whitestuff
09-09-03, 19:22
Really? Well I don't play on the test server, but maybe that means that we will get them in retail again soon? YAY! Oh, ermm *cough* I don't need them anymore NOW.... oh well, I'll just get them so I will be sure to have BPs if this sort of thing goes awry again.

Dribble Joy
09-09-03, 19:38
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
white check TestServer patch notes they drop again tehre now :)
K4F

<a href="http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72363">Indeed</a>

SynC_187
09-09-03, 20:09
Think I have almost every lvl1 & 2 imp. I found them quite easily on Saturn

DonnyJepp
09-09-03, 22:00
Originally posted by SynC_187
Think I have almost every lvl1 & 2 imp. I found them quite easily on Saturn

Yeah, there is a player named "Wench" that has damn near all the level 1s and 2s blueprinted and for sale. My researcher "Quickaccess-Belt" has a decent stash of the level 2s and access to a number of the 1s also, if you want to look me up. This is on Saturn.