PDA

View Full Version : My toon stuck in sector J-09

Spoty
02-08-03, 22:17
Hello,

My toon on Saturn server is stuck in sector J-09. I zoned into it and the game crashed. Now when I try to log back on I get dumped back into the login screen. I tried rebooting, and waiting but I still get dumped back to the login screen.
Any ideas?

Thank you.

MoonUnit
02-08-03, 22:22
Moved to Plaza 1, try now.

Moon

Spoty
02-08-03, 22:50
It worked, but when I finally ran back I have now gotten the same problem but now I am stuck in sector J10.

It frustrating because I am getting to the point I dont want to zone into new areas. I am trying to run to sector j13 Ancient Loba Village for the biotech quest. When I get close I am either killed by the doy robots in 2 hits or the game decides to trap my toon in a zone.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Thank you.

Spoty
02-08-03, 23:53
A large chunk of the northern map is unavailable to me. I am going to remove neocron and reinstall to see if that will fix things. I dreaded doing this because this game is the worst I have ever encountered with regards to installation and patches.

Roc-a-fella
03-08-03, 00:34
Originally posted by Spoty
It worked, but when I finally ran back I have now gotten the same problem but now I am stuck in sector J10.

ROFLMAO HE RUNS BACK TO THE SAME PLACE HE GOT STUCK IN THE FIRST PLACE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Zief
03-08-03, 00:37
I had something similar happen to me on Pluto.

I fixed it by logging onto another server's character, then logging back in as my char. on Pluto.

Before you go and start over with your install, give this a shot.

*shrugs*

Lexxuk
03-08-03, 01:43
its corrupted file (2nd time this happened recently, forseti knows how to fix it :p)

Copy from ur CD, terraincd and terrain.pak to x:\program files\neocron (where x is ur drive neocron is installed on).

MoonUnit
03-08-03, 13:27
I'd follow the advice of the posters above rather than do a full reinstall*. I moved you to Plaza 1 again also.

Moon

* If you do opt for this then use the US Version Patcher (regardless of where you are) to reinstall with.

Spoty
03-08-03, 15:15
Yes that is the problem. However, the upper portion of the map will still end up corrupted in some sectors. I tried it several times. It will clear up most of it but some are still corrupted.

I was going to recomend this game to my brother to play online but he won't be able to deal with all the bugs the game has. (Not to mention the crazy installation procedure.) I am new, was perplexed by the small game population but now I understand why. The longer one plays the more these annoying bugs creep up. Time to find another time sink.

Helen Angilley
03-08-03, 16:19
(Not to mention the crazy installation procedure.) I

What the hell?

You bung the CD in the drive and click "next" a few times.

What's so crazy about that?

enablerbr
03-08-03, 16:23
maybe the fafing about with the update patches after install.

Bladepoint
03-08-03, 22:33
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
What the hell?

You bung the CD in the drive and click "next" a few times.

What's so crazy about that?

Maybe you've just been lucky Helen. For me reinstalling NC usually turns into an epic 2+ hour every time I've had to do it. I've seen it call the same file corrupt around 5 times in a row even though my CD has no major scratches and I cleaned it. I've also seen it get stuck installing the same file over and over again. Granted the first time I installed everything worked like a charm... and that was on an older and slower computer O_o Pretty sure it's not just me since I've heard of some of my clan mates having this problem when they tried to setup for test server or formated their HDs etc. Shouldn't be my computer either since I just got it this past Jan and it's a P4 2.4ghz w/512mb ram, a nice ASUS CD-RW etc etc yada yada. The install program just seems to be a bit confused.

Spoty
04-08-03, 00:13
I resolved the problem. Canceled my account, and this buggy trash is in the basement cardboard box next to ao, shadowbane, and swg. Maybe at night when everyone is sleeping they will fight each other.

HellHound
04-08-03, 00:22
I resolved the problem. Canceled my account, and this buggy trash is in the basement cardboard box next to ao, shadowbane, and swg. Maybe at night when everyone is sleeping they will fight each other.

Rumble!!! NC > SWG > Shadowbane > AO. :p

Xian
04-08-03, 00:26

Have a nice time missing out on a good game.

I've installed/re-installed Neocron 7 times and I've had one problem with corrupt files that the launcher fixed itself. Somehow I don't think you tried hard enough.

lullysing
04-08-03, 00:35
i second that. You didn't try hard enough. there's a reason i had this game while i was a broke arsed student: because the game is good.

I could not afford it back then, but i still did, otherwise it would have been boring for me to go back home and do absolutly nothing...

Nidhogg
04-08-03, 01:01
Leaving threads are closed I'm afraid. I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your installation - maybe you should give us another chance in the future because there's a lot more to come in this game...

N