PDA

View Full Version : More INT exp for monks?

japata
02-08-03, 18:26
Should monks get more INT exp? I think that this current rate is just silly.

What about other classes, like CON for tank?

Eckel
02-08-03, 18:50
I've played with this 33% int gain since i can remember, It does'nt bother me no more......If they raise it they raise it, if they don't they don't.........

Vampire222
02-08-03, 19:39
ya, only extreme powerplayers, eg. non ppu's can ever cap INT, and highest ive ever heard off was 98 base (tnx hinch)

Psychoninja
02-08-03, 19:45
I've been saying it forever, let them gain more intel XP.
There are no more hybrids, whats wrong with letting us cap intel?
It's one of our main skill lvls. We can hardly lvl dex, you might as well give us a little intel love.

Arcadius
02-08-03, 20:00
There's NO REASON for us to gain one of our MAIN skills at such an unbelievably slow rate.

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 20:18
i dont see whats so bad about tank's CON gain..

i got 99 base STR and 93 base con...i wish it was that close with my monk INT to my PSI...

ZoneVortex
02-08-03, 20:22
Ohhhh pleeeeeeease raise the gain of int for monks. My last monk had 94 psi and 79 int! (natural values)

nonamebrandeggs
02-08-03, 20:22
Nah they don't deserve it :p.

bd*
02-08-03, 20:26
For the love of god yes 8| I cant remember the last time i got an Int lvl....

And i only have 24 million exp! I had to lom 84 poking and it kinda screwed me but still. At this rate ill never ever cap cause theres no point, expect to have a higher number above my head.

Omnituens
02-08-03, 21:05
put it this way.

1 solo chaos cave run.

Psi xp gain: i was 5 million over cap. yes, you read that right 5 MILLION.

Int gain: 200K

FUBAR'ed.

so in order for me to cap int soloing the chaos caves, iwould have to do that 840 more times.

better get started...

ericdraven
02-08-03, 21:14
Originally posted by Vampire222
ya, only extreme powerplayers, eg. non ppu's can ever cap INT, and highest ive ever heard off was 98 base (tnx hinch)

heh?
The PPUs are the monks which MIGHT be able to cap INT, not the APUs.
We made a "big session" yesterday, me playing pure APU and I went from level 88 to 89 (made about 3.5 mio xp).
My mate, pure PPU, reached level 91 and made ~ 7 mio XP in that time (about 7 or 8 hours).

But still.. it's crazy that we get 33% gain rate.. I am not really in the mood to play another 200 hours just to cap INT.. :mad:

Progenitor
02-08-03, 21:17
Originally posted by Eckel
I've played with this 33% int gain since i can remember, It does'nt bother me no more......If they raise it they raise it, if they don't they don't.........

I agree with your the statement. I have worked hard to get to INT 94, it isn't impossible to raise int, just damm difficult. Would it be easier - yes. But it isn't really necessary for me now.

On one hand I would love it, just so I can cap my monk, on the other hand, I would hate to see all of these up and coming monks shoot up in level without the strugle of the old days.

-p

Progenitor
02-08-03, 21:21
Originally posted by Omnituens
put it this way.

1 solo chaos cave run.

Psi xp gain: i was 5 million over cap. yes, you read that right 5 MILLION.

Int gain: 200K

FUBAR'ed.

so in order for me to cap int soloing the chaos caves, iwould have to do that 840 more times.

better get started...

The best I have ever gotten on a cave run is close to 800k INT xp - but that was just with 3 people and a hard run - lots of luets spawning minion and what not, couldn't get through the spawn fast enough.

On an average run I get around 200k INT though - but it all depends on the team makeup.

-p

ericdraven
02-08-03, 21:25
I don't think it's "necessary" to cap INT as monk. You cap all spells much earlier.. i have now PSU 207 and i think it's more than enough.

BUT.. why is the monk the only class where the 2nd MAINSKILL raises so damn slow? And why is it the only class who can't really cap their skills completely..

Psychoninja
02-08-03, 21:30
Yeah you can capp you skill, but you still get SOME mana from whatever extra points you have.

Ryuben
02-08-03, 21:33
sheesh its not like u monks have a hard time of it by not being able to cap ur 2nd main skill :rolleyes:

ericdraven
02-08-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Yeah you can capp you skill, but you still get SOME mana from whatever extra points you have.

Yes.. if i get the remaining 11 INT levels i get 5 extra mana.. i don't think it's worth the 200 hours i would need to do it.. :(

Progenitor
02-08-03, 21:38
Originally posted by ericdraven
Yes.. if i get the remaining 11 INT levels i get 5 extra mana.. i don't think it's worth the 200 hours i would need to do it.. :(

It doesn't currently work this way does it?

I thought patches ago that PSU no longer has any affect on psi pool level.

And as far as I know, NONE of our stats are affected by INT level - which shouldn't be the case. INT should have some affect on our abilities.

-p

ericdraven
02-08-03, 21:42
Originally posted by Progenitor
It doesn't currently work this way does it?

I thought patches ago that PSU no longer has any affect on psi pool level.

And as far as I know, NONE of our stats are affected by INT level - which shouldn't be the case. INT should have some affect on our abilities.

-p

you get 0.45 mana per PSU point (at least below 100, the flip-point is at 106, above it's not linear anymore).
Also does PSU influence RoF and range of the spells but NOT the damage anymore, that's correct.

Omnituens
02-08-03, 22:42
Originally posted by Progenitor
The best I have ever gotten on a cave run is close to 800k INT xp

-p

this was before the hybrid nerf and i had an insanly high combat rank.

i'll do it again and get precise numbers

Progenitor
03-08-03, 01:13
Originally posted by Omnituens
this was before the hybrid nerf and i had an insanly high combat rank.

i'll do it again and get precise numbers

That was when I was a hybrid, but for cave runs, I purposely kept my rank low so I could actually level with people.

Cave runs now are a little scary - not able to heal myself - heck, not having heal sanctum running constantly, not able to instantly buff and shield/deflector myself the instant I notice them run off is a big adjustment.

Of course I now find that it is even easier to kill someone accidentally who runs into a barrel or a multi lightning blast.

-p

Rob01m
03-08-03, 01:22
Psi monks definately need their INT gain raised. So do non-droner spies, and tanks need better CON gain.

That's all for now...

Lanigav
03-08-03, 03:43
Hell yeah monks need more INT exp! The current rate is positively pathetic.

And while they're at it, they need to let us get a small trickle of dex exp like tanks do with their INT. Its retarded how monk Dex can go up to 35, yet we have to do missions or walk around with street model rifles just to get exp for it.

Xian
03-08-03, 03:51
I agree, monk INT experience is absolutely shit at the moment. I don't know what the hell the point is of having it so low.. its not like it's going to overpower them.

bd*
03-08-03, 04:35
My Int - Psi exp ratio is 4:1 atm and my lvl gain rate on my PPU is 3:1 :( (PSI:Int).

That really sucks.

japata
03-08-03, 07:53
Seeing the result of this poll, KK should take some action... better come up in the next patch or I'm gonna buy all the cron55 beer from Pluto!

Lord Mansion
03-08-03, 14:38
Originally posted by Xian
I agree, monk INT experience is absolutely shit at the moment. I don't know what the hell the point is of having it so low..

Slow INT gain = more time spend on Neocron.
Which is good for KK's pockets ;-)

ericdraven
03-08-03, 14:40
Originally posted by Lord Mansion

Yup.

And now they should decrease the CON gain from tanks from 100% to 33%.
Same with DEX for spies and PEs.. ok, no problem. :lol:

Dajuda
03-08-03, 16:49
I think EvilEye once figured out the exact INT % gain and it was more like 11% than 33%, maybe KK has been overlooking it .. or something .. /me searches for the post.

Xian
03-08-03, 18:10
Originally posted by Lord Mansion

If KK want people to stay in for that long, I'm sure they would make Tanks level at an unbearably slow rate. I don't know why people want tank CON raised, mine is still going up like a bullet and I was able to hang around one level whilst I lomed (taking a lom, letting CON xp go up, taking another lom).

ericdraven
03-08-03, 18:32
Originally posted by Dajuda
I think EvilEye once figured out the exact INT % gain and it was more like 11% than 33%, maybe KK has been overlooking it .. or something .. /me searches for the post.

Yes that's right. The REAL factor between PSI - INT is about 6,5 : 1

Cruzbroker
03-08-03, 19:27
Those heavy belts would do good (Poison = 99 INT)... YESS!!

Guu
04-08-03, 00:56
Originally the reduced int gain was necessary because when it was introduce,d monks did not need as much PSU as they need today. back then you had resser and conster monks and whatnot.

But times have changed. At it is PSU is vital to any monk and only PPUs can get away with having a tradeskill at all, and even that choice is limmited to hacking or implant. Construction is partly dependant on DEX and needs too much skill, while research needs even MORE skill then construct, making both a...dumb choice for a monk.
Those ~20 int levels a capped monk misses atm wont change that at all. So yes, please give them more int experience!