PDA

View Full Version : Do something with the n00bie mc5 ffs!!!

LTA
02-08-03, 17:42
Cmon kk it really needs sorting otherwise i cant see many new players ever coming in even past new publishers etc..

today i rolled a new char and went to mc5 to be greated by a tank who had just started. he was completely lost and had no idea what was happenin, where he was or anything.
Maybe he didnt initiate npc dialogue (prolly dunno how) but i had to guide and help him around mc5 something i shouldnt really need to do :p

*ph33r*
02-08-03, 17:46
%100 agree, MC5 has to be one of the worst places for newbies to start in... just let newbs start in the city, and place those class helpers in faction HQs and near apartment lifts etc.

General Crazy
02-08-03, 17:56
I who mc5 idea is bad. When I first started after buying the game just over 2 weeks ago I was expecting to start in my apartment but no i started in the MC5 (before the the patch that gave you enough to genrep out of there) i spent over 30 minutes looking for something to kill to get the money to genrep because every thing was stuck under a vehical or what to powerfull to kill with my Spy. I remember the beta when you started in your apartment with 650nc. The whole idea of MC5 is wrong i think if they want to do something to make the story of you being kidnapped and then reprogrammed you should start in you faction HQ, not every faction's runners in the same spot.

Nixon
02-08-03, 19:56
mc5 should be somekind of a subterrain base with
a simple map design.. Maybe it would have a street
hawker, one or two very low level dungeons and
a citycom for missions somewhere there.

Also all players would have to talk to some npc who
tells you what to do before you can continue outside.

The genrep would have to have a huge neon
light arrow flashing on the gr building :}

KidWithStick
02-08-03, 20:02
or just get rid of it and start in your apt...

Nixon
02-08-03, 20:04
At the moment they should make noobs start in their apartments yeah.

Progenitor
02-08-03, 21:56
It wouldn't be so bad if the MC5 area was combined with the offline tutorial - maybe everything prior to reaching the great outdoors.

At least that way the newbies could get the little help popups and instructions on the basics of things and then once they have a better understanding - get forces out into the real world of the newbie MC5 area.

They would meet the NPCs outside and get introduced to the politics of the land and begin to imerse themselves into the storyline.

It is a shame that you have to choose faction before you talk to those NPCs though - there should be one of every faction type NPC in the area and then after talking to them, and signing up with one of them, that they get their apartment key and a pass to GR out.

-p

VVerevvolf
02-08-03, 22:14
I agree, MC5 is totally bullshit.

Trivial
03-08-03, 05:12
mmmmmmm ...sheep...er..wait I mean,

Yeah, something sould be done.

Xian
03-08-03, 05:14
MC5 should be removed and players should start in their apartments. I think someone would learn far more there than some big blue place in the middle of nowhere with barely any mobs and a confusing layout of NPCs.

Ryuben
03-08-03, 05:21
hehe i think its a good idea on paper jsut needs refineing :) and i ahve faith in KK to get there entually.

/me skips off comping his happy pillls

Cyphor
03-08-03, 05:30
Originally posted by Ryuben
hehe i think its a good idea on paper jsut needs refineing :)

Yeah when i first heard of it i thought it would be more like the AO starting areas which i quiet enjoyed first time i played, it shouldnt be too hard to fix, just need more mobs and more guidance to players as to what their actually to do there :)

Pill
03-08-03, 08:57
it's easier to just remove mc5, and make a new room called "The Newbie Zone" connected to the city(except for non city factions, their zone is in the respective area), newbs don't have to waste money getting to apt, and older players can come in to help, but have like a special tag or something, that prevents them from shooting noobs :P

Cass
04-08-03, 08:23
Here.

Have every new character have to run a certain single-player mode (kinda like the offline demo) that explains why they're at MC5, and what they need to be doing. Build it into the storyline.

Arcadius
04-08-03, 09:56
Originally posted by Ryuben
hehe i think its a good idea on paper

Hybrid monk sounded good on paper.

t0tt3
04-08-03, 21:02
Noob MC5 is like KK BS!

lol why make it more crappy? I think they inplant this shit just because the servers will not get over 200 players then they cant afford the bandwith :lol:

| | | |
| | |
Yea Syncronizing!
| | | |
| | | | |

Malek
04-08-03, 21:08
Quit complaining and take your LoM:MC5. (God I wish those actually existed, I'd pay anything to forget about that place)

LTA
04-08-03, 21:12
i made a suggestion to "fix" it ages ago, 5 star rating but it decended to the depths of the lost in brainport

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68873